Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

BMW 335i 2007+

Comments

• low_ball_88low_ball_88 Member Posts: 171
    Are you sure they are not discounting the 335? I got a price from my broker for an 2007 335ci for $645 over invoice pluss $400 MACO. I think that is a good price. Can anyone find it for lower than that?
  • ccd1ccd1 Member Posts: 140
    I see an option for the 335i of 60/40 folding seats with a ski bag thrown in. Do the seats fold completely flat and is access to the trunk completely open???
  • nkeennkeen Member Posts: 313
    The US market car with ZSP is limited to 150 mph, rather than 155 mph/250 kph for the European car (UK SE trim). A European 320d SE will beat a base US market 335i by 10 mph (140 v 130) while achieving a combined cycle 49.6 miles/imp gallon.

http://www.bmwusa.com/vehicles/3/335iSedan/techdata.htm

http://www.bmw.co.uk/bmwuk/pricesandspecifications_technical_specs/0,4639,1156_1- - - - 49349913__bs-Mw%253D%253D%2540bb-M0xJ%2540bm-WjNTVA%253D%253D%2540sit-bmwuk,00.h- - - - tml
  • circlewcirclew Member Posts: 8,666
    A European 320d SE will beat a base US market 335i by 10 mph (140 v 130)

Until you hit the first turn....
  • flightnurseflightnurse Member Posts: 2,217
    granted that the is advancement of Deisel technology but the 335i still quicker and in the european market where can you go 155 MPH in the UK?

Anyhoo, I'd rather have the 335 over the 320d anyday..
    Tony
  • kalinekaline Member Posts: 3
    I live in the hills south of denver and work in denver. question is: buy a 335i sedan with snows or a 335xi sedan?
  • ivan_99ivan_99 Member Posts: 1,681
    You going to go for the sport package?

If you don't care, I'd go with the xi; it's rear biased anyway...
  • kalinekaline Member Posts: 3
    yes - want sport and premium. worried about 335xi hampering performance
    granted that the is advancement of Deisel technology but the 335i still quicker and in the european market where can you go 155 MPH in the UK?

Anyhoo, I'd rather have the 335 over the 320d anyday.

For sure. My point is that BMW and others ought to stop shortchanging US market buyers. But in a culture where some people will go running to a lawyer to redress any perceived grievance, the manufacturers' cynicism is understandable.

Driving in the UK used to be a pleasure. Now, speed cameras are everywhere, there is paint all over rural roads to separate traffic, 60 limits are going down to 50 and 40, and there is a dour, politically correct, pro-tax (Green or any other pretext that fits), anti-car culture at the top. Now that Australia's Northern Territories has imposed a speed limit, I think only Germany's autobahn and rural roads on the Isle of Man remain derestricted.
  • shiposhipo Member Posts: 9,148
    I live in the foot-hills in southern New Hampshire and had a 530i SP when I moved up here. I immediately bought a set of winter tires when I found that I wasn't even able to get up my 9% incline driveway with a dusting of snow when the OEM tires were mounted. With the winter tires, I was able to easily navigate the roads, regardless of the depth of the snow, errr, that is until the snow got deep enough to come up above the front air-damn, effectively turning my car into a snow plow.

Said another way, get the 335i SP and a good set of winter wheels and tires. ;-)

Best Regards,
    Shipo
    "My point is that BMW and others ought to stop shortchanging US market buyers."

I'm trying to figure out why drivers in the U.S. would even care, errr, unless they're picking their cars up in Munich via the ED program. I did that with my 530i, and while in Europe I did in fact enjoy driving at would be license revocation speeds here in the U.S., however, once on our side of the pond, I don't think I ever got it up over 120, and that was for a VERY short distance.

The fact of the matter is that if any given driver is willing to make sure their non-SP car (which comes with H rated 130 mph rubber) has V rated rubber (or better) and is willing to pop for a Dinan "Chip", they can do 150 or better all day long. Ummm, until of course the local constabulary takes exception to the speed at which they're driving. That said, most folks who "want" to have a car that goes that fast (for bragging rights or because they think they're going to be driving that fast) will simply opt for the SP and be done with it. Think about it this way, on the 3-Series, the SP is what, $1,600? Given all of the upgrades that that package entails, it's an absolute bargain.

Best Regards,
    Shipo
  • habitat1habitat1 Member Posts: 4,282
    "The US market car with ZSP is limited to 150 mph, rather than 155 mph/250 kph for the European car (UK SE trim)......My point is that BMW and others ought to stop shortchanging US market buyers. But in a culture where some people will go running to a lawyer to redress any perceived grievance, the manufacturers' cynicism is understandable."

What isn't understandable, frankly, is what level of ignorance it takes to actually think an electronic limit of 150 mph in a BMW 335i is "shortchanging" ANYBODY: Consider this:

- I have a friend who had a 2001 911 Turbo modified to over 520 hp at the wheels. It was timed at 3.3 seconds to 60 and 11.0 seconds in the 1/4 mile. The car had a top speed of well over 190 mph. As a very accomplished driver, the fastest he ever got it on a track (Summit Point) was 145 mph, on their longest straightaway.

- Road and Track, in March 2005, had their "Best All-Around Sports Car" comparison, conducted at Buttonwillow Raceway Park. With professional drivers behind the wheel of 9 sports cars, and a banked turn leading to a 1/2+ mile straightaway, the fastest speed achieved was 142.0 in a Viper. The 911S I happen to own, with a top speed of 182, hit 138.4 mph. The BMW Z4 3.0 could only manage 123.4 mph.

My point is that, even with my 911S's top speed of 182, unless I go to Bonneville Salt Flats, I will never, ever see close to that. With the BMW 335i, and a top speed of, perhaps 160-165, it would take 45+ seconds to get to 155 mph. Do the math. You aren't going to get there in less than 2+ miles of pedal to the metal acceleration.

If you think you've been shortchanged, you either live in Bonneville, Utah or you drive like an idiot. Or perhaps need to take remedial math classes. In any event, your pocket is full of all the change you have coming from BMW. ;)
    Not a matter of ignorance (showing lack of knowledge); rather a matter of opinion. As far as my driving habits are concerned, I suspect I'm among the more conservative on this post. Would you buy a 911S if it had a 90 mph limiter, given that the highest US limit is 80? 130 on an expensive performance car seems on the low side. Very few drivers use the full capabilities of their cars, whether cornering limits, top speed or quarter mile acceleration.

...and if interest in cars were a rational pursuit, we'd all be driving Camrys.
    Habitat, you have the best of both worlds: a top class sedan and one of the best sports coupes in the world.

Would you consider a 335 to replace your TL?

Regards,
    OW
    I replaced my TL with 325i and am delighted. Now, a 335i....
    nkeen,

What were the differences in driving feel in the 2 cars? What do you miss about the TL and what do you prefer better in th 3'er?

Regards,
    OW
    Would you consider a 335 to replace your TL?

Right now, my dilemma is that I haven't been putting that many miles on the TL. The 997 model 911, with its adjustable suspension, is a pretty good daily driver. I've actually considered selling the TL outright and un-retiring my 1995 Maxima from our second home. That car still holds a soft spot in my heart and reminds me of who I really am, in spite of my recent "good luck".

Now if I decided to get rid of the 911, I would definitely consider a 335i as a potential replacment for the TL. I would also consider the 550i 6-speed. The 330i in 2004 was a little tight for a long family trip, but I think that the new 335i might be just right. A "boat" by bluguydotcoms standards, but a damn nice boat by mine.
    "Not a matter of ignorance (showing lack of knowledge); rather a matter of opinion. As far as my driving habits are concerned, I suspect I'm among the more conservative on this post. Would you buy a 911S if it had a 90 mph limiter, given that the highest US limit is 80? 130 on an expensive performance car seems on the low side. Very few drivers use the full capabilities of their cars, whether cornering limits, top speed or quarter mile acceleration."

To answer your question, no. But a 90 mph limiter on a 911S is a little more restrictive than a 130 mph limiter on a non-sport package equiped 3-series. And, as was pointed out by others, almost any serious driver would opt for the sport package taking it to 150 mph.

As far as using the full capabilities of a car, I partially agree with you. But with any sports car or performance sedan, I would expect to get much closer to using its limits in terms of acceleration, cornering, and braking than its top speed.

Supposedly, my Acura TL 6-speed has an unrestricted top speed of 152. Anyone that would drive a FWD sedan over 125 mph is asking for a coffin. Even anyone that would drive a BMW 3-series over 130 without the sport package and tires would be next in line. I'll confess that last summer on a deserted section of divided highway, I took my 911 up to 115 mph (from 0 in about 13 seconds) and then "played" with the steering. Solid as a rock. I then hit the brakes to bring it down to 65 when I saw another car approaching from the other direction. It was like a parachute had been deployed. A big one. Other than a sports package equiped 335i, I wouldn't try that with any ELLPS. At least not if I didn't have a change of underwear with me. The danger isn't in going 115/130/140/150 in a straight line on smooth pavement. It's what happens when something else happens and you need to be able to control the bullet you are attached to.

As you may recall, even a gust of wind took a Ferrari Enzo off the road in a rally event that made the nightly news a couple of years ago and the driver was bagged up in several pieces. It was "only" going about 180, well short of its 200+ mph top speed.
    Habitat, you are correct and below is an accident in CA that you may recall recently to a +$1MM Enzo that underscores your point about top speed driving...the coffin request you referred to was lurking beneath untrained driver error. As you said, public roads are no place for testing the limits...not even on the autobahn.

link title
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    Darn...that Enzo is supposed to go 217 mph. I'd complain if I were you ;)
    I have the 325i with 6 spd and ZSP. I had the TL with 6 spd, no nav. Just me, and perhaps I just had a bad one, but I found the TL a bit of a pig to drive. The steering was heavy, the effort asymmetrical (steady state cruise), and the car tended to wander all over the road. Repeated alignments and EL42 tire replacements ("new compound" -- sound familiar?) failed to fix it, and all the stats showed it to be within normal range. I felt that the car was seriously fast, but the power was not that manageable. Great engine, nice, chunky shift action, but the clutch was like an on/off switch. Overall it seemed like a car built by a company that had this idea of what they were trying to do, wanted to exhibit all the right moves, but in the end just didn't know how pull it all together. I liked the stereo and the climate control -- much better than the BMW's, but I thought that the dash had a video game look to it. Great engine -- Honda knows how to build them. For an FWD car, I much preferred the feel of a Saab 9-3, certainly the new GTi, and also, to a lesser extent, the Acura TSX.

The BMW is less powerful, a base 1st year car, but I just like it better. It makes me feel good when I drive it. I like the agile, alive feel of the wheel, the tasteful design of the dash with clear, no-nonsense instrumentation, nicely weighted shift and clutch. Notwithstanding recent posts, it feels as though it were designed to be driven fast, settling down nicely, whereas the Acura did not. Feel-wise, it all comes together. I don't have an issue with the RE050 runflats on the car, and really like the handling, but others who know cars and have experience with BMWs over the years don't like the tires, so you have to see what you think. Note that with ZSP the 2007 328i sedan has more tire sidewall than the 335i (17 v 18" wheels). I hope to keep this one for a while, at least until they build something as beautiful as the 3.0 CSi again.

Oh, and if you live in the snow belt, you'll be needing a set of cheap wheels and winter tires.
    A couple of other things. The TL's key fob dangles annoyingly in your knees whereas the 3-series key slab is out of the way. The TL's handbrake is located on the passenger side of the transmission tunnel so you have to reach into your passenger's space to use it. Not sure what the motivation for this was, but based on the poor positioning, the car appears to have come from a design studio that did not understand the purpose of the handbrake, and the need for regular access to it in a car with manual trans.
    "The TL's handbrake is located on the passenger side of the transmission tunnel so you have to reach into your passenger's space to use it. Not sure what the motivation for this was..."

Hmmm, I don't suppose it was because in Japan they use Right Hand Drive cars so that they can drive on the left side of the road. Yes, no?

Best Regards,
    Shipo
    BMW and others manage to get it right with RHD cars. Does the TL have a market outside N America? I think the TSX is based on the Japan/Euro Accord, while the TL is loosely based on the N. America Accord. The TL was designed in Honda's LA studio, supposedly with input from Italian studios. Another TL bug -- thick, steeply sloping windshield pillar creates a nasty blindspot.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,046
    I would have guessed this also, but they make the Acura TL in Ohio... Seems weird..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• tagmantagman Member Posts: 8,441
    Hey guys,
    My first post to this thread. I'm usually on the HELC forum (High End Luxury Car) and recently on the 911 forum. I recognize Dewey from the HELC forum, who recently acquired his nice 335i, and I recognize habitat1 from the 911 thread.

I own an '07 Carrera S Cab, my third Porsche, and so far it's a good one, but it's still very early.

But, the bug has bitten me for the upcoming 2008 BMW 335i Convertible with that sweet 300 hp twin-turbo engine. I'm thinking of getting one in the spring or summer, shortly after its release.

Dewey has said that the engine is awesome, and I just wanted to join in here a bit and find out from you guys about the current 335i model and how it's been so far for those of you that own one, and those of you that know about it. Thanks... look forward to posting with you.

TagMan
    Hello and welcome, Tagman. I have enjoyed some of your posts from 911.

I will be looking at a 335 when my current lease expires on my 330.

Here is a new report of a tuner package that is currently in the late stages of beta testing. Everyone knew this was a matter of time with the new turbo system.

It's interesting to note that this particular system seems quite balanced at delivering a boost to an already potent package.

link title

Regards,
    OW
  • flightnurseflightnurse Member Posts: 2,217
    Very intereting, I read the test and for the price $1300 you get 75+hp and 114+ lbs of Torque increased that is really a best bang for the buck... I would assume that if they had stickier tires on the car, it would drop the time to the low 4's... I really like that tuners are looking for real world drivablity when they start tweaking cars. It well be intersting to see what happens next with the car.

Tony (dreaming of a 335i coupe)
  • dhanleydhanley Member Posts: 1,531
    I think you might want AWD to reign in all those ponies. :)
    AWD like my 330xi...waiting for the 335xi.

Regards,
    OW
    I think you might want AWD to reign in all those ponies.

And turn it into a 3,700+ lb sport coupe/sedan? No thanks. If BMW (or the tuner) can't figure out how to "reign in" all of those ponies in a RWD set up with the proper suspension and wheel/tire modifications, shame on them. :confuse:

The "x" versions of the BMWs I've driven may be great cars for all season duty in a rainy or snowy climate, but they give up too much in handling and nimbleness. It's bad enough that a RWD 3 series coupe weighs 500 lbs more than my old 1995 Nissan Maxima 5 passenger sedan. Let's not promote the idea that a 3 series coupe weighing as much as a 15 year old 7 series is the right direction. We already have Audi claiming title to King of Pork, let's leave well enough alone. ;)
    Did you drive the '06?? It's not as bad as you make it out to be. IMO, when I drove the 330i non-SP for about 1Kmiles, my xi felt more planted on the exact same roads.

Yeah, it's a porker but it's WAYYYY better than my 2004 Lincoln LS in the handling despite it's added weight (very close to the LS).

With the bigger brakes and whatever suspension tuning they do, it works for me. ;)

Regards,
    OW
  • pearlpearl Member Posts: 336
    the EPA numbers for this car/engine are pretty good; however, the car mags (who drive them hard) say that you'd have to drive way off the throttle to get anything like the EPA numbers. What kind of numbers is anyone in "the real world" getting so far? This question also came up on the Infiniti G's and M's where few people seemed to equal the EPA numbers. Just curious. Thanks.
    I meant that sort-of tongue in cheek. I'm not big on AWD in general, but i don't have an emotional aversion to it either. I also think it's pointless to compare weight to cars of 15 years ago. If those cars are so great, buy 'em and drive 'em! Oh, wait, you want power windows and airbags, and super-stiff structure, but want the car to weight the same as before? Ok, well, just buy these magic beans...
    I've driven the 2004 and 2005 models of the 330i/ix and 530i/ix, but not the 2006 models. The RWD versions were with the sport package and all with manual transmissions.

I'm not quite as extreme as blueguydotcom in my criticism of the evolving larger size and weight of the 3-series. But if you were taking a 335i and then further tuning it for more "sport", I'd personally prefer RWD, lower overall weight and nearly perfect 50/50 weight balance. That said, you'll get no argument from me that a 330ix (and future 335ix) would run circles around a Lincoln LS in handling and driving dynamics. Or virtually all other cars in their class.
  • voetsekvoetsek Member Posts: 1
    This is not meant as an attack on the poster of this question. This is just a general observation. Why do people worry about the EPA ratings for cars like this? If you are dropping $40k plus for any car then the mpg should not be an issue, certainly not one that factors into a purchasing decision. If you can afford this car at $2.50/gallon then you should still be able to afford it at $3.50/gallon. I'm tired of hearing from people who buy cars that routinely get less than 20mpg start moaning when gas prices go up. I drive a CLK320, but about to purchase a 335 Coupe and the last thing I worry about is mpg. (I have to admit I am originally from England, been here for 12+ years, and I was paying more for gas there 12 years ago than we have ever paid here - so maybe I am just immune to high gas prices - I also drove a car that only gave me 12mpg at best when I lived there)
    "I also think it's pointless to compare weight to cars of 15 years ago. If those cars are so great, buy 'em and drive 'em! Oh, wait, you want power windows and airbags, and super-stiff structure, but want the car to weight the same as before? Ok, well, just buy these magic beans..."

I'd partially agree, in that a 2007 3 series is probably as big as a 1992 5 series was. However, I wouldn't be so quick to make excuses for, what in some cases is a 15-20% gain in weight. My 3,001 lb 1995 Maxima SE has power windows, airbags, a stiffer sport suspension, ABS brakes, etc. And it had 4/5 star crash ratings. Compared to my similarly sized 3,480 lb 2004 Acura TL 6-speed, I would be curious as to what really makes up that 480 lb difference. A few more airbags and a fancy navigation system don't add up to 12 forty pound sacks of potatoes.

That's not to say that the weight gain is unjustified. But if you are going in the direction of wanting a great handling sports car or coupe, I'd rather see more use of lightweight alloys and engineering refinements than simply trying to offset weight with horsepower. Case in point the 2,850 +/- pound Boxster and S2000 compared to the 3,500 lb 350Z convertible. Quality vs. quantity.
    voetsek,

I believe the Europeans are the target for the focus on the MPG where gas is 3X higher than the US. I agree for stateside is a moot point in this category because even though weight is up, as habitat points out, the increased drivetrain performance easily has compensated in efficiency to absorb the added lbs. (or kgs.).

I believe that is the a key reason why BMW have stuck with the 6 so long. Honda has the same position. Only the ultra luxury/performance models have migrated to 8,10,12 sleeves.

Regards,
    OW
  • pearlpearl Member Posts: 336
    voetsek, you completely miss the point. This question is about vehicle efficiency, tuning, gearing and performance. It is always worthwhile seeing how well a manufacturer is able to get a car to perform and still find ways to make it efficient. Wasting fuel just because you can afford to, is stupid. There are any number of cars in this category that perform extremely well and yet get decent fuel mileage, indicating that their manufacturers solved serious engineering problems to do so. Infiniti has taken some hits, not because their cars don't perform well, but because they burn much more fuel than comparably performing cars to do so. My experience with BMW sixes is that they perform well AND are still efficient. The 335 is BMW's first turbo in many years so I think many more people than me will be interested in seeing if they have been able to carry over this efficiency into the new engine. Cheers.
    " Why do people worry about the EPA ratings for cars like this? If you are dropping $40k plus for any car then the mpg should not be an issue, certainly not one that factors into a purchasing decision. If you can afford this car "

This is something that's been gone over many times. I care about MPG because of dependance of foreign oil, who the money goes to, the environment, what's going to happen when oil runs out, etc. Personally, i don't see how someone can NOT care about this.

I agree, money is not the issue. Even at $3.50 a gallon, it's far from the major expense of owning a car.
    I'll bet in 3 years we see a hybrid 3'er. That should be good for 35 -40 mpg and 0-60 in 5 seconds.

It's really exciting to see a separate electric motor for each axle also. I saw a Japanese prototype of a super luxo wheel limousine with 100 HP at each wheel and steering as well. Cool stuff.

There is also a T-0 prototype electric sports car that blows away a Porsche Carrera in the 1/4!

Regards,
    OW
    "I'll bet in 3 years we see a hybrid 3'er. That should be good for 35 -40 mpg and 0-60 in 5 seconds. "

Maybe. I think it's more likely that we'll first see a diesel three with the same numbers... I'm in favor of diesel currently, but hybrid technology may blow away what we've got sooner than we think.

I'm not into the whole bragging about power thing, at least not for my car. If i want to puff, i'll point out my 312# bench press. :)
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,046
    You sure that isn't 3 X 12# bench press.. because, even I can do that... ;)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• ivan_99ivan_99 Member Posts: 1,681
    I agree. For comparable performance my nod will go to the more efficient vehicle.

I do like the rags real world mileage. The EPA MPG doesn't always jive with me. Some vehicles I get better, some worse. Way back...I had a civic...but could only get 26 mpg...taking it to red line all day does that; but that's where the power is...and my driving style demands most of the power :)
    I'm not into the whole bragging about power thing, at least not for my car. If i want to puff, i'll point out my 312# bench press.

The power reference was comparing electric motors to the old tech oil burners. It's really cool when all you that hear is wind as you are pinned back into the seat not the grunt and puff of the engine. Nostalgic but not really good for the environment in terms of noise and air pollution.

Regards,
    OW

Regards,
    OW
    "I'm not into the whole bragging about power thing, at least not for my car. If i want to puff, i'll point out my 312# bench press."

312?? Come on, any one who has hit the weight room knows the "triple doughnut" is 315 pounds. I don't even think you can load a standard barbell to exactly 312 pounds, given the smallest plates are 2.5 lbs in my gym. So what gives? Please don't tell me you aren't using one of those girlish Bowflex rubber band machines. :cry:

You've got me beat on the bench, but how's 30 dips with a 35 pound dumbell between your ankles? That's my pre-rotator cuff surgery record that I'm shooting to beat by mid summer ;)
    "It's really cool when all you that hear is wind as you are pinned back into the seat not the grunt and puff of the engine."

I'm not sure how i feel about this. Do you personally have an electric car so that you know how cool it is? Personally, i like a good engine note, and frankly, in normal driving i never notice it. Of course, under WOT is different.

My main problem with hybrids now is that i'm not convinced that they are currently good for the enviroment. They burn less gas, but does that offset the extra construction, disposal, and operating costs, in both energy and pollution, and possibly shorter lifetime? I dunno.

And, yes, habi, i meant to type 315. Good catch. I was racing a friend once, and that was the goal. Much more fun that cardio training--lift, stuff face, rest. :)

Not sure about the dips, i always do 'em at the end, no weight, 10-20 reps depending on how much i've burned myself out. But i'll give ya that one in any case. :)
    DH, never drove one, but here is info on the CA company who built the T-Zero which toasts some of the best sports cars of today. "Look Ma, No More Foreign Oil!"

AC Propulsion is a California corporation founded by Alan Cocconi in 1992 to develop, manufacture, and license technology for electric propulsion. Cocconi envisioned a new type of vehicle that is efficient but powerful, zero-emission but fun to drive, petroleum-free but convenient to use, all because it is electric. That vision continues to guide the company. We are dedicated to making electric vehicles that people want to drive.

AC Propulsion designs and engineers motors, inverters, chargers, battery systems and complete vehicles, and conducts R&D programs for automotive OEMs and other clients in areas such as electric and hybrid vehicle development, battery testing, and hybrid power unit development. Our R&D and manufacturing facilities in San Dimas, California include an extensive power electronics and electric motor development laboratory, electronics assembly and test equipment, an automated battery test stand, a 200-horsepower motor and transmission dynamometer with automated data acquisition, a machine shop, a fabrication shop, a composite shop, and complete vehicle service bays.
    AC Propulsion has recently introduced the eBox electric, an EV conversion equipped with the latest AC Propulsion technology, which will be available in limited numbers starting late 2006.

I hope auto companies such as BMW decide to go electric sooner rather than later. It is a major step to remove the basis for most contemporary wars. (They used to wage wars predominantly over trade.) It's past time we begin eliminateing this current "reason" for conflict.

Regards,
    OW
  • tagmantagman Member Posts: 8,441
    Thank you OW. That'a terrific value, IMO. (the Vishnu mod)

Just a couple of questions for you. Is it a factory authorized modification? Added by the dealer? What happens to the factory warranty?

TagMan
    TM,
    This is NOT authorized by the factory. Apparently, it is supposed to be non-detectable.

Here are some FAQ's.

link title

Regards,
    OW
This discussion has been closed.