Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Used Kia Sportage ... worth it?

lestat78uslestat78us Member Posts: 1
edited April 2014 in Kia
I saw a 99 sportage with 72k on the engine. There is some minor body work to be done and needs a new heater core. Is $2000 a fair price or is there something wrong that I'm missing? Also, anybody know how reliable these things are?

Comments

• tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    I recommend asking in the Kia Sportage 2005+ discussion (some current owners may be familiar with older models). Be sure to check out our TMV new car prices, used car pricing, used car values at Edmunds feature.

tidester, host
    imageDrive on over to my place!
  • dawn233dawn233 Member Posts: 3
    I have a 99 sportage appx 45,000 miles and I have had alot of trouble with the 4-wheel drive, other than that so far everything else has been fine.
  • 440jeep440jeep Member Posts: 12
    My father wants to know what it would take to put a Chevy Luv diesel engine into a kia sportage. The engine in the Sportage likes to break timing belts so he wants a new one
    While you're waiting for a reply here you may want to browse through Diesel Questions/Problems in General (non specific makes).

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • kiahater1kiahater1 Member Posts: 1
    I own a 99 sportage...It has less than 60,000 miles on it for a reason....I wish I would have read the website "Dont buy a Kia" before I bought it......HUGE MISTAKE!!!
  • mlgarbinskymlgarbinsky Member Posts: 3
    beware. when i got mine it had 32k miles on it and it had 4 previous owners. that should of been the warning light. this is a nightmare of a car. you better off making rocket skates to get from point a to point b
  • slickchikokcslickchikokc Member Posts: 2
    While driving the sportage it lost power then came back on for a few second and lost it again. Now it does not start.Engine will not turn over. Battery is good LIghts work. Fuel pump was changed ,still will not run.
    You may want to try the Kia Sportage Maintenance and Repair discussion.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
This discussion has been closed.