Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Toyota RAV4 Accessories

Comments

• ravinglunaticravinglunatic Member Posts: 3
    The Sportwing one doesn't include shipping. the e-bay one, does.
  • desertguydesertguy Member Posts: 730
    Yeah, I'm aware of that. Actually the ebay one is $169. I just ordered it and talked to the guy. His and the Sportwing are exactly the same molding. Sportwing's $16.95 for shipping is ridiculous.
  • andrelaplumeandrelaplume Member Posts: 934
    This has likely already been mentioned but Canadian dealers have genuine Toyota side moldings prepainted to your car's color. Mine were about $105 shipped via UPS. There are simple to put on but remember to back them off enough so they do not rub when the doors open and close.
    These are painted to the Toyota color code. They are also the wider molding which I prefer. Personally, I am getting them for the protection, not for the look.
  • gregorylynngregorylynn Member Posts: 38
    Is there a photo of one on a Rav4?
  • gregorylynngregorylynn Member Posts: 38
    I recommend a Garmin 300 or 500 series with a window or dash mount, a lot cheaper and works really well for us and friends.
  • vivavegas99vivavegas99 Member Posts: 39
    Does anyone know if there are aftermarket ways to change the color of the lights on the radio consule? I wish it matched the dash lights.
  • daqule76daqule76 Member Posts: 6
    I have a 2007 Limited RAV4 with third row seats. I want to protect the cargo area when the third row is stowed away. Does anyone know if the toyota cargo liner or cargo mat fits into the third row cargo area?
  • sayers1sayers1 Member Posts: 42
    I hav an 06 w/ 3rd row. I bought the cargo mat through e-bay and it works great. The link is somewhere around here. I think it was about $70, from a company in Canada. When the 3rd row is up, it just folds behind there. When the 3rd row is down, it completely covers it, protecting it from any kind of spills. Lightweight and waterproof.
  • gmarshall56gmarshall56 Member Posts: 20
    Hello!
    I am about to purchase one of these bad boys. My dealer says it has arrived at the port in Florida and so I wanted to review the options I'm thinking about putting on this thing. Cann anybody tell me where i can see pics of this Carbon Fiber Dash option? What is it and is it any good? Is it worth the price ($400.00)Why would i want this option? Thanks to all..
    g
  • jgmswjgmsw Member Posts: 1
    We just purchased a V6 limited with the 3rd Row seats, and wanted to get a tonneau cover and the cargo net poles as accessories (not included with 3rd row). Any suggestions out there on ordering these for a fair price? They're listed as approximately $300 each as parts for special order.

Thanks!
  • rav1rav1 Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone one know if the 2006 Smittybuilt Nerf Bars will fit a 2007?
  • edmundsdesiedmundsdesi Member Posts: 8
    Sorry, but I googled cupholders "2006 Rav", but did not find any sites that had an insert. I saw a 2007 Rav at a dealership, and it came with a black rubber insert. Their parts did not know where it came from. I went back to check the insert for clues where it came from, but Rav was sold. I am tired of having coffee spilled on me!!!!! Please be more specific if you can....Thanks
    All 2007 Rav4s come with the cup holder inserts packed in a bag in the center consoul. They come from Toyota. You can try ordering them through the parts dept. but I have heard they are asking outlandish prices for them. Personally, I got some tapered cup holders are supposed to hang from the window edge and cut off the hanger, wedged them into the cup holders in the car and they work fine. $1.99 each at Target.
  • cubhillcubhill Member Posts: 3
    We love the Garmin Nuvi 350. Sells on Walmart.com for $454. It's fantastic!! Wouldn't leave home without it . . . can't get home without it! :-)
  • mayqswetmayqswet Member Posts: 2
    Does anyone have informaiton where I can get steering wheel audio controls for my base model RAV4?
  • jimdrewjimdrew Member Posts: 84
    I scratched my back bumper loading something..so I decided to buy the Toyota brand application to cover it. Wow, it worked great. Much better than I thought. A bit pricy but easy to install and like I said it looks very functional. How much? Around $60.00

Jimmy Drew
  • robertfykerobertfyke Member Posts: 3
    We have a third-row seat Limited RAV currently on order.

We too are interested in a tonneau cover for the back. Since it's not listed as standard equipment for a third row version does anyone know if any modifications are required on the vehicle or if the mounting holes are there?

It's confusing to us why this is not standard equipment for the more expensive third row Limited RAV, but is standard in the two row editions.
  • banjolaya1banjolaya1 Member Posts: 88
    That's because that 3rd row IS actually in the cargo space. People in the 3rd fow will be sitting on the floor basically. So, it'll take up most of your space in the back that you won't be able to put tonneau cover because the back of the seat will be higher and further back than the tonneau cover. They have holes in the side plastic and tonneau cover has springs so one side can be compressed and once you place one side in the hole you release the other side and the spring mechanism seats the other side in the hole on that side. Now you need to pull out the cover but your 3rd row seat is between tonneau bar and the door so you can't really stretch it to cover your stuff in the back.
    So, in a few (100) words that's it.
  • phillipm1phillipm1 Member Posts: 21
    Has anyone bought these body moldings in Pacific Blue color? If yes, did the paint match exactly or did it differ? Also, in general, how happy are the buyers of this aftermarket molding as far as installation, appearance, durability, etc.? Thanks.
  • scottcascottca Member Posts: 12
    Hi: Where can I get a good dog separator to keep the 2 dogs in the cargo area? Subaru sells a great metal protection but can't find anything for Toyota. Thanks
  • janetsuejanetsue Member Posts: 8
    I bought a dog separator for my Rav4 at Costco. It works great and cost about $35.00.
    Be careful what you buy if you have side airbags. Many barriers interfere with the airbag deployment.
  • rav4newbie1rav4newbie1 Member Posts: 1
    My dealer says that a tonneau cover may be purchased only for the RAV4 Limited. Is this true? I've searched for an after market tonneau to no avail, so maybe he's right. Anyone had luck purchasing a tonneau cover?
  • speeder31speeder31 Member Posts: 4
    Does anyone know where to find compatible HID headlights for an '07 RAV4 Limited V6? And I mean actual HIDs, not those cheap-looking blue-tinted plug-in xenons... Totally obsessed with the real deal... :confuse:
    I have the tonneau cover for my Limited 07, and I never use it. I do not use the net w/bars, either. I only use the elasticised netting. There should be a place to trade parts like this! The two parts take up too much space, and are hardly used, in my opinion. With the new "trunk" on the '06 and '07, the tonneau cover is an extra not really needed......
  • bodble2bodble2 Member Posts: 4,514
    As far as I could gather on the Toyota site, only the Limited models come with the factory security system. Has anyone purchased the dealer-installed Toyota security system?

For the dealer-installed system, is the flashing LED installed in the same place as that for the Limited model (on the lower-tier centre console)? And to what extent can the security system be customized or programmed by the dealer? (I think Toyota calls their customizable electronics, the "B.E.S.T." system)

By programmable, I mean features such as motion or glass-break sensor; passive arming and/or locking; enable or disable audible arming and disarming confirmation beeps, light flash, etc. Actually, does Toyota release a list of all electronic settings that can be reprogrammed by the dealer?
  • southbay77southbay77 Member Posts: 2
    Are you interested in selling the tonneau cover? If so, what color is it? I just bought a limited, and because it has third-row seats it didn't come with the cover. My interior is taupe. If yours matches, and you're interested, let me know. MSRP on this part is $140. Thanks!
  • southbay77southbay77 Member Posts: 2
    Where did you find the cover for $300? The dealer I bought the car from couldn't even find the part, and I've been having trouble finding it myself anywhere online...
    It is charcoal, came with my Limited 07 RAV4, and my interior is taupe also. I have never used it, it is sitting in my garage. Email me @ maildesi@yahoo.com as soon as you can, since I will be out of state all next week and we will talk more. I do not know about selling on this forum...
    I do not use the top netting that came with the RAV Limited, only the soft netting.
    Yeah, I do not use those, either, only the elastic netting..I just love the new trunk area, also. The tonneau cover and bar netting would be nice on a trip, to add more space/cover your stuff, but I've just used a blanket to throw over it all. I guess craigslist will get some business!
  • brown18brown18 Member Posts: 2
    Wow... where did you buy those? I'm planning to buy one too.
  • thecatthecat Member Posts: 535
    my 2 cents. The pole net isn't well thought out. It doesn't hold much and is mostly in the way. I bought a bungie net when I 1st got the RAV a year ago. Found it online for $26. It's really all you need. I never thought about it before but I have never had my cargo cover pulled closed.
    - hutch
  • debasghodebasgho Member Posts: 1
    Has anyone installed 3rd row seat after market? Where can we get it done?
  • leeharvey418leeharvey418 Member Posts: 38
    My two cents are the opposite of yours. We've had our RAV4 for all of 12 hours now and I already found the net to be useful when loading fragile items (i.e. food) for the trip home from Costco. Granted, I wouldn't go loading five gallons of milk into the thing, but for light packaged items I can't think of a better carrying solution.
  • kst1kst1 Member Posts: 22
    Has anybosy installed an after market alarm system? If so, what brand and approximate costs? We just bought a base RAV today and thats one thing I would like to put in my RAV. Thanks!
  • leeharvey418leeharvey418 Member Posts: 38
    I was involved in another thread on this same topic (look here).

The nutshell version is this: unless HID lighting was installed at the factory when the vehicle was built, it's not street legal.
  • srvmsrvm Member Posts: 9
    Can anyone help me with a link to accessories stores that sell all weather floor mats and cargo tray for RAV4 2008? I want to compare the prices against Toyota's accessories before buying.

Thanks in advance.
    srvm
    Weathertech.com and Husky are the two biggest and most popular. Put "Husky floor mats" in google and you will get several stores selling them. The '08 will be the same as the '06 - '07.
  • bigdadi118bigdadi118 Member Posts: 1,207
    www.autoanything.com
  • magikero123magikero123 Member Posts: 1
    i purchaced a 2007 rav4 base, i want to install a fogligths, same as the one with sport and limited, where can i buy those fogligths with a reasonable price? thanks in advanced.
  • xcaretxcaret Member Posts: 4
    I would like to find a place selling white mudflaps to fit a 2006 Rav 4 sport .Everyone seems to have black..
    Could I make a set out of peterbuilt ones ? I think they would be too thick .. How do they mount ? Do you just screw them on ?
    As long as they are on line I dont mind waiting for them to arrive .I can't find any hetre in Calgary so far ..
  • cerebus1cerebus1 Member Posts: 5
    Just bought my wife a RAV4. It has all the features she was looking for except no wood dash and trim. I'm going to have to buy a kit and apply myself. Anyone know of a good kit for a 2008 RAV4? Thanks. :)
  • sdc2sdc2 Member Posts: 780
    They aren't real wood, you know...
  • bigdadi118bigdadi118 Member Posts: 1,207
    http://www.hondapartsdeals.com/honda_install_guides.php

They have installation manual, think they sell that also. You need to stick add-on TIGER to make it genuine WOOD. It is only imitation.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Sometimes known as plood.

I guess some is real wood that's been plasticized or otherwise treated to make it denser and maybe avoid splinters in the event of an accident.
  • xcaretxcaret Member Posts: 4
    I have a white 06 RAV4 and want white mudflaps front and back ,does anyone know where to get them ??
  • tebeloneytebeloney Member Posts: 4
    Hi,
    Did you ever get anywhere with this? I'm looking at buying a Sport but the 3rd row would be nice sometimes. I wonder if, over time, you could take one from a wrecked Rav4 or order a kit or some sort?

Thanks,
    Tim
  • rav4galrav4gal Member Posts: 2
    Just picked up my new 2008 RAV-4 (V6 4x4 Limited) and I'd like to get an auto-dimming mirror with Homelink (the compass/temperature feature is a plus, but not important). I've got a moonroof and side curtain airbags.

The dealer quoted me about $500 (parts & labor). I don't want to install this myself, but the price seems really high to me when I see mirrors like the one I want on E-Bay for around $200 (can't believe the labor's that intensive).

First, can anyone tell me if the dealers use an OEM part that I should be specifically looking for, or are they buying a Gentex or other aftermarket part?

Second, what part is best for my vehicle and what can I expect to pay for parts and labor? (I live in a suburb of Chicago.)

Any help appreciated!
This discussion has been closed.