Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Audi A8 and S8 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

2»

Comments

• blkhemiblkhemi Member Posts: 1,717
    I'm sorry it took so long getting back to you.

I negotiated a price of $2750 on the S8, and around 3500 for the W12. It's mostly about what equipment you have on the car.

I have the B&O sound system, full leather interior, rear fridge(W12) on and on. And that's why mine was on the high side.

I got the wheels insured for 1850 each(car). Given the fact that the S8 wheel is about 1200 bucks, and the W12 "fan" wheel is about 1400 a piece, it's money well spent, especially up here in "pothole heaven"
  • pmcb48pmcb48 Member Posts: 192
    Thanks for the information. I would guess the fully loaded 2008 A8L I'm getting ready to order would be around $2500. Reality check: my 2004 Sienna Van 7 yr/100K extended warranty was $950. Was your extended warranty through Audi but supplied by JM&A Group? How about the service policy at $599? I think the intervals it pays for are something like at 10K intervals starting at 1 year and going out through year 5. I have read several posts here on Edmunds about Audi engines going belly up due to sludging blamed on the 10K service intervals, so would likely change mine at 5K no matter what.
  • touringcheftouringchef Member Posts: 4
    IM LOOKING AT PURCHASINGA NEW 2007AUDI A8L ICAN GET $10,500 OFF STICKER FROM MULTIPLE DEALERS. IS THIS TO GOOD A DEAL TO PASS ON, OR SHOULD I WAIT FOR THE NEW A-8 WITH SOME OF THE NEW MECHANICAL REFINEMENTS THANKS FOR A QUICK RESPONSE PLEASE.
  • quartzgreyquartzgrey Member Posts: 2
    I would save your money on wheel insurance. I bought an A8L with 19" chrome wheels which were an extra $5k at purchase. After a year, one of the wheels cracked. The dealer was willing to sell me the rims (the fan wheel, chromed), four if I wanted, for $400 each, with no insurance. I bought two, so I have a spare if another ever gets damaged.
  • quartzgreyquartzgrey Member Posts: 2
    Same thing happened to me last year, when I purchased an 2006 A8L just as the '07s were coming out. They took $8,000 off the sticker as soon as I walked in the door, and then I negotiatied another $5,000 off the price. I think you really need to consider whether the upgrades in the '08s are worthing paying more for, becasue you won't get that deal on the new model year. In 2003 I bought a 2004 A6 4.2, and I did not get as good a deal. Part of there theory is that they are giving you back the first year's depreciation.
    THANK, THAT IS WHAT I THOUGHT ILL HAVE TO CHECK BACK WITH DEALER AND HAGGLE SOME MORE
  • pinchopincho Member Posts: 2
    Any luck closing a deal. I am looking at an 2007 A8 as well and curious as to how much room dealers have on discounting the '07s
  • pinchopincho Member Posts: 2
    I am seeing a couple of A8s (short wheelbase) from more than one dealer for $65K (after "dealer incentives"). Cars include premium package, 19" wheels and heated steering wheel. Sounds like a great deal given the MSRP is around $76K. Does anyone know if dealers have more room to discount the 2007s? Also, I am told that in order to get the dealer incentives, I have to buy before month end? True? False?
    well i got the car 83,356 msrp for 70,000 and got a simonize paint treatment for 300.00 car is great love the ride. there is room to negotiate for sure. you wont get a betterdeal 2008 probably pay close to sticker audi dealers dont move much at beginning of new model year. edmunds is right this is the car no contest. drove the lexus not impressed. bmw nice but that idrive forget it. 550 to to much and reliability issues. good luck
  • rperrellirperrelli Member Posts: 2
    How do you like your S8? I just got my 2007 in May. Took 2 months to order as I like it. I had 2 problems which you should check out. 1. The transmission gasket leaked and they needed to get a newer thicker one with a new "high heat" sealent. Also a small fuel pump was leaking, no fluid on ground, but same fuel smell. You know that 5.2 V10 gets hot. Other than that no problem. It is my wife's car. Only 4 in the WAsh DC area. Our first Audi. here with the slush come Dec you need AWD if you have hi perf tires...
  • rperrellirperrelli Member Posts: 2
    Just got a 2007 Audi S8 in silver. Pearl paint is nice but a pain to match as I learned with my escalade. pearl is a 3 stage paint. plain metallic is much easier for detailer to patch up any nasty dings that jerks in the parking lots are know to make.
  • bobwashbobwash Member Posts: 7
    I am unhappy with my 8L primarily because I find service to be terrible. My experience is the service departments (I use one in FL and NC in the summer) simply stonewall any problem with the car. The latest, I had new tires put on by a local tire dealer and I had the local Audi dealer align the front end. The car now pulls badly. I took it back and the tech told me everything was normal. I insisted the tech, service manager and I take a ride together. They conceded the car pulled badly and suggested it was radial pull and they switched the two front tires and told me everything was ok. The problem is the car still pulls in the same direction as it did before and they don't want to hear it. They for some reason won't acknowledge there is a problem and I don't want to make my point by ruining a new set of tires at a cost of $1,000. Does it make sense to go to a non Audi shop and have them align it or am I just looking for trouble.

I just don't want to deal with it any more and I decided to trade the 8L in on a new Lexus. When I check the various web sites as to the value of my car the estimates come in between $40,000 and $42,000. When checking with dealers I find they will only give $32,000 to $33,000 which are auction prices. They say they can't sell the car and they just sell it at auction. What a disappointment, I guess I own the car a while longer and accept the fact that Audi has a low resale unless maybe on another Audi and another Audi is not for me..
  • anthonypanthonyp Member Posts: 1,860
    Sorry about your problem....Maybe if you went to a Lexus dealer and traded, the deal could be more to your liking.....I would warn you that maybe with the new Lexus pricing you may find big depreciation right around the corner again....I have an audi, and it is fine, therefory yours could be fine also....Take it somewhere that is good, have the problem corrected---pay the money---drive for a couple of more years and do as me and not get another high priced car....The depreciaton is rediculous...I am very pleased with my audi a 8 but as you the depreciation is right up there, and I do not know what the next car will be--so I am enjoying it while it lasts....Tony
  • michmportmichmport Member Posts: 10
    This forum was helpful in my recent purchase of an Audi A8L.

The car currently has 45,500 miles on it. I purchased it for $32,000.

The dealer wants to sell me an extended warranty for $4988\ 4 yrs or 50K additional miles.

does it make any sense to buy the warranty or should I just invest the money and pay for the repairs myself.

Any horror stories about repairs and those that did or didn't buy an extended warranty on a used Audi.
  • technartechnar Member Posts: 10
    Hi all,

I am a few weeks away from turning my A8L in and finally getting the S8. Stopped by my dealership yesterday and the fleet mgr showed me the residuals chart for various models. My '06 A8L had a 69% residual (12k/year). The chart shows 53% for S8 and even lower for A8. The mgr said that the residual went down for every Audi model.

Is this true? Because this makes a huge difference in what the monthly lease payment will be - about $500/month more for the same car (and same price).

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.
  • clemboclembo Member Posts: 253
    I have a 2006 A8 as well coming off lease next month, same story applies here. As much as I love my A8, I am reconsidering my options.
  • rjlaerorjlaero Member Posts: 659
    5 grand is a lot of money, but not out of line for a high end car like the A8.

Getting in certified at an Audi dealer is usually less money, but I guess the overall deal and purchase price come into play.

I'd personally never own an A8 out of warranty. 5k may be peanuts if you ever have an engine or transmission problem. You could be looking @ 10,000-15,000 easily on a German V8 engine or tranny if something went bad. Also, the air suspension can be very expensive to fix should it every break.

The 04 model A8 was the 1st year re-design, and they had a lot more problems than the newer ones.
  • a8fana8fan Member Posts: 17
    I'm about to order a new A8 because I could not get an S5... they are simply not taking any more orders for those because they are in such high demand. I would have loved the standard trans once more, but oh well...

My question is, they will give me a fabulous price to order one, orone off the lot (from another dealer since they have none) but on a car that is ordered, is there even any holdback amount at all to bargain with?

The price above invoice they were willing to give me is pretty dang good but my dad still insists I'm getting screwed if I don't get more off because of that holdback which is to cover the finance charges for a car held longer than 90 days

Also, I have had Audis that were bright red, black, dark gray, and silver (two).
    My current A8 was silver metallic and that paint never showed the scratches.

What color do you all like?
  • randyfrischrandyfrisch Member Posts: 9
    The silver will definately not show the scratches nearly as much as the other colors, and will be easier, in the long run, to keep clean. Go with whatever color suits your fancy. I, regardless of my own advice, love the A8 in Phantom Black Pearl Effect.
  • pavelbarchukpavelbarchuk Member Posts: 14
    DOesnt seem like you got that good of a discount. Did you try other dealerships?
  • wesoweso Member Posts: 13
    Can folks who have purchased recently post purchase deals they've been able to get?

Thanks
  • a8fana8fan Member Posts: 17
    I decided not to replace my 1999 A8 which is still going strong.

I bought a Toyota Tundra instead.

Also, when my S5 came through, I did not take it, because I could not justify spending that kind of money in this economy.

So someone got a nice standard trans, black on black, S5 sports coupe with everything on it.. Wahhhhh.
  • ahsan1ahsan1 Member Posts: 3
    Got the dealership to $42k for a 07 Certified A8 (48k miles, luxury package, backup camera, winter package, steering wood kit, alcantera trim). Is that a good price (was listed for $45.5k).

In Atlanta, the 2007 Certified A8s are ~3.5K more than a comparable BMW 750Li. The Audi dealerships are not able to match the BMW prices. Any idea what's going on?

I like the A8s, but can't justify spending the additional money when they are less popular than the BMWs. Thought Audi would be trying to win over the BMW drivers.
  • anthonypanthonyp Member Posts: 1,860
    It`s worth more..A great car Tony
  • audifan83audifan83 Member Posts: 2
    Sticker MRSP was $90,155, got the care for $78,000, brand new, good deal or not?
  • pepe11pepe11 Member Posts: 41
    That's a good deal, no doubt...Congrats on buying a great car!
  • ajain18370ajain18370 Member Posts: 2
    so you got 12k of MSRP?
  • ajain18370ajain18370 Member Posts: 2
    how much can i expect of MSRP for a car that they have?
  • pepe11pepe11 Member Posts: 41
    I got $14k off MSRP. 2012 car in stock. Jack Daniels Audi in Paramus. I believe there is one more in stock at that price. It is navy with black interior. Beautiful car.
  • capdadcapdad Member Posts: 2
    I am looking for lease rates for a 2013 Audi S8. I would like it for 12k and 15k miles. Thanks
    Chris
  • mafitchmafitch Member Posts: 15
    Car_man, I'm hoping you can help. I've worked out a lease deal on a 2013 A8L 3.0T with an MSRP of 87,445. The car is being discounted 11,500 dollars and Audi Care is included in the deal. The money factor I am being quoted is .00046, which according to them is "40 basis points above the buy rate". With 2400 down, 3% tax, fees and everything, my payment would be 1075 per month for a 36 month lease, 15K miles a year. Does this sound right? Thanks in advance for any help.
  • myhal1582myhal1582 Member Posts: 14
    Could you help me with the Money Factor and residual on a 2015 A8L 3.0 on a 36 month/8000mile/yr lease? Thank you
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 239,555
    myhal1582 said:

Could you help me with the Money Factor and residual on a 2015 A8L 3.0 on a 36 month/8000mile/yr lease? Thank you

.00038 and 51% for 36 mo 7500 miles per year.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4