Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Buick LaCrosse Lease Questions

13»

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Thanks gdfaulkner. I'm glad that you find it helpful. General Motors is indeed featuring 2-year leases on Buicks this month.

Here's a comparison of the 2 and 3 year programs for you.

Ally's April base lease rate and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2012 Buick Lacrosse Touring with 15,000 miles per year are 1.0% and 50%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36-month lease are 1.1% and 43%.

General Motors is providing a $2,850 cash incentive on 2-year and a $4,375 cash incentive on 3-year leases of this car through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi forbin404. I haven't looked into exactly what documentation is required, but I suspect that the registration will probably be enough proof.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi scandalous. Given the large cash incentives that are currently available on leases of the Lacrosse I suspect that yes you technically would be able to roll four thousand dollars in negative equity into a lease of one if you really wanted to. Having said that, you would be better off waiting until you are less upside down on your current vehicle to get something new.

Car_man
    Host
  • dj_lbcdj_lbc Member Posts: 7
    Hey Car Man,

Can you tell me what the 24, 36 and 39 month lease support is for the Lacrosse currently? Any other offers?
    Sure, dj_lbc, here you go. Ally's May base lease rate and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2012 Buick Lacrosse Convenience with 15,000 miles per year are 1.0% and 48%.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36-month lease are 1.0% and 41%.

This car's 39-month numbers are 1.0% and 39%.

General Motors is providing a $3,050 cash incentive on 24-month and $5,250 on 36- to 39-month leases of this car through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
  • jbofctujbofctu Member Posts: 5
    Hey Car_man,

Can you give me the lease numbers on a Lacrosse Premium 1 for 12k/year @ 24 and 36 term lengths?

Also what are Buicks lease inception & termination fees if there are any?

Thanks
  • jbofctujbofctu Member Posts: 5
    edited May 2012
    I read online crazy things that to buy out the car at end of lease it would be 2500 more than the residual value, so basically a 2500 dollar fee. Is this true that the purchase option is that inflated with Ally.
  • 11cts91dbody11cts91dbody Member Posts: 1
    Car_Man,

Can you please provide the Ally 36 month lease rates and residuals for a 2012 Lacrosse Leather at 10 and 12 K per year?

Thanks!
  • sthedesthede Member Posts: 29
    Hello. I am interested in the Buick Lacrosse AWD.

Does May lease of 2 years at $399 with 0 out of pocket apply to just the hybrid, or to all versions?

Obviously the monthly cost would be higher.
    Hey jbofctu. Ally's May base lease rate and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2012 Buick Lacrosse Premium 1 with 12,000 miles per year are 1.0% and 49%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36-month lease are 1.0% and 43%.

General Motors is currently providing a $3,050 cash incentive on 24-month and $5,250 on 36-month leases of this car through Ally.

I believe that Ally charges a $795 acquisition fee on GM vehicles at lease signing.

Car_man
    Host
    Shockingly, jbofctu, what you have heard is actually true. For some reason Ally has been charging consumers who want to buy their vehicles at lease-end a penalty. Most banks don't want vehicles back at lease-end, particularly banks with high residual values...so this seems sort of strange to me. Strange but true.

Car_man
    Host
  • stealsnotdealsstealsnotdeals Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2012
    just got back from looking for steals....negotiated a demo for $180 p/m 3k down for 24 months with 10k per year. Anyone think I did a decent job. It was only a few dollars more than the Regal price I negotiated.
  • bwiabwia Member Posts: 2,913
    edited June 2012
    Anyone think I did a decent job?

Not particularly since you are paying the equivalent of $305 a month for a used car with an annual mileage allowance of only 10K miles.
  • td77td77 Member Posts: 3
    Lacrosse E Assist Premium 1 w/ spoiler
    Experience Buick 2 year lease with xm, maintenance, etc...
    10k per year

MSRP $34,675
    Selling price: $33,306
    Cap Cost (incl doc fee and acqu fee): $34,100
    Dealer Contributed Cap Cost Reduction: $4,828
    My total cash out of pocket at delivery: $1,300
    Residual Value: $20,595
    Base payment: $328.17
    with MA Sales tax: $348.68

Purchase Option price at Lease End: $20,595.
    Dealer stated Ally leases have standard $2,500 add-on fee to the residual value for the "reasonable price to charge a retail customer". He stated the Experience Buick leases don't carry such a fee, and overrode the field in my lease agreement to equal the residual value.
  • oscar31oscar31 Member Posts: 1
    Hi Carman. I have this deal can you tell me if it has been calculated correct and if I could get a better deal? Thanks.

2012 buick lacrosse w/touring package,sunroof, spoiler

MSRP: 41650

Price negotiated: 36995

total out of pocket (inc t,t&T) - 1500

10k miles/yr

payment - 469/mth for 39 mths

said residual is 52%
    money rate is 1.40

said ally lease giving rebate of 3250 and I have the GM supplier discount. Should i keep negotiating, wanted payment in the 300s is that possible?
    Sure oscar31. The car that you're interested in has a spread of around $1,675 between its full MSRP and dealer invoice price. Add to that the $3,250 cash incentive that General Motors is currently providing on 39-month leases of this car through Ally and you have a total of around $4,925 to play with during your negotiations. It looks to me as though the car's selling price is a couple hundred dollars over invoice minus incentives, which is a good deal.

The lease rate that you were quoted is right in line with Ally's base rate for this term and model as well.

If you like the car, I personally don't see any reason not to go for it.

Car_man
    Host
  • jescobar17jescobar17 Member Posts: 7
    Hi Carman,

Could you tell me the lease info (residual, rate, incentive, etc) on a 2012 Lacrosse for 24mo & 36/39 @ 12K/yr. Most likely a Premium 1 or 2. Does the trim level have any factor in the rates/residual? Does 15K/yr change the numbers by much?
    Certainly jescobar17. Ally's August base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 LaCrosse Premium 1 or Premium 2 with 12,000 miles per year are 1.40% and 55%, respectively.

The lease rate for a 39-month lease would be the same, but the residual value would be 53%.

The residual values for a lease with 15,000 miles per year would be 2% lower.

When negotiating your deal on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $3,250 cash incentive that is currently available on 36 to 39 month leases of it through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
  • carolinaguycarolinaguy Member Posts: 1
    I am in Rochester, NY. I have a lease quote for a Lacrosse '12 Touring with a moonroof, extra mats, pretty much everything the car offers. It is a dealer model with 4K miles. I have been able to negotiate around $392 lease payment with $2500 for trade-in, all discounts applied, inclusive of all tax, title etc., so no additional cash, 0.56 residual. Is there something I am missing or does this sound about right? Thanks.
  • fabster32fabster32 Member Posts: 4
    CarMan,

Hope all is well. Please provide the requested info at your earliest convenience. I am interested in 2012 Lacrosse.

Regards,

Fabster32
  • dada1132dada1132 Member Posts: 4
    Hi, you give me the least rate on a 2012 Lacrosse premium III with a mrsp of $39,280.
    I'll looking for 10,000 or 12,000 miles per year for 24 or 39 months. I will be putting down $900 of Gm card money.
    Hi Fabster32. Ally's September base lease rate and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2012 Buick LaCrosse with 15,000 miles per year are 1.0% and 58%, respectively.

When negotiating your deal on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $3,500 cash incentive that GM is currently providing on 24-month leases of it through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi dada1132. The 2-year offer is the best deal on this car right now.

Buick's September base lease rate and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2012 Buick LaCrosse with 12,000 miles per year are 1.0% and 62%, respectively.

The residual value for a lease with only 10,000 miles per year would be 1% higher.

When negotiating your deal on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $3,500 cash incentive that is currently available 24-month on leases of it through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
  • fury63fury63 Member Posts: 26
    Carman,

First time poster. Hoping you can guide me. Looking at a 2013 Leather pkg - total MSRP incl. destination charge is $37,680.

Looking at 2 yr lease. I think the info below is with 25k miles per year. It may be 20k as there was a lot of back and forth.

Given selling price of $36,546, 2% apr, monthly payment of $613. Residual of 62%. There was talk of a rebate of $4,350. I'm also coming off a different manufacturers lease.

Can you verify the above makes sense?
    Thanks!

:confuse:
    Welcome fury63. Ally's current base lease rate for a 24-month lease of a 2013 Lacrosse is only 1.0%, not 2.0%. Make sure that the dealer uses the lower rate to calculate your car's payment. The 62% residual value is correct, but...that's for a lease with 15,000 miles per year. You're going to have to purchase additional miles on a per-mile basis to get up to 20,000 or 25,000 miles per year.

There is currently a $2,350 cash incentive on leases of this car through Ally plus additional cash on top o that in California.

Car_man
    Host
  • buster6buster6 Member Posts: 134
    Hi car_man could you please provide the rates for the Lacrosse for a 24 month lease this month. Is there any CCR $ this month?
    Hey buster6. Ally's January base lease rate and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2013 Lacrosse with 15,000 miles per year are 1.0% and 61%.

GM is providing a $2,800 cash incentive on 2-year leases of this car through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
  • mdamico520mdamico520 Member Posts: 1
    Hello!

About to negotiate a lease on a 2013 lacrosse premium 2. Lease term is 39mo 12k miles. I am being offered a residual of 52%. Is it fair? What money factor should i expect? What incentives?

Thank you for the help!
    Hi mdamico520. Ally's current base lease rate and residual value for a 39-month lease of a 2013 Buick LaCrosse with 12,000 miles per year are 1.5% and 50%.

General Motors is providing a $2,900 cash incentive on leases of this car in all areas and an additional $500 on top of that in certain areas.

Car_man
    Host
  • go2snogo2sno Member Posts: 7
    edited March 2013
    Looking at leasing as specified in the subject line. How would the 36 month, 15,000 per year impact the lease rate and residual compared to the March 5th 39 month/12,000 example above?

Thanks
    Hi go2sno. Ally's March base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Buick LaCrosse with 15,000 miles per year are 1.5% and 52%.

General Motors is providing a $2,900 cash incentive on 36-month leases of this car. There's additional cash on top of that in certain areas.

Car_man
    Host
  • leasedopeleasedope Member Posts: 1
    How about this: 2013 Lacrosse leather 3.6 for 24mo/10,000 mi per year @ $375/mo with $620 at inception or 36mo/10,000 mi per year @ $340/mo with $590 due at inception.

Is this good? What's the residual after 2 and 3 years? In reading this forum it looks like 62% after 2 yrs for 15,000mi/year. I'm new to leasing but a fast learner. What questions should I ask this guy? (BTW, 10,000mi/year is what I want - don't need more.)
    Welcome leasedope. Since you are new to leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles on the subject that are available here at Edmunds.com: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

In short, the easiest way to get a good deal on a leased vehicle is to shop around for the lowest possible selling price and then have the dealer that you decide to go with calculate your vehicle's monthly payment using its buy rate lease money factor...or in Ally's case the base lease rate because it publishes interest rates instead of money factors for the vehicles that it leases.

Ally's May base lease rate and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2013 Lacrosse with 10,000 miles per year are 1.0% and 64%. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36-month lease are 1.5% and 55%.

General Motors is currently providing a $2,800 cash incentive on 24-month and $2,900 on 36-month leases of this car. There's additional cash on top of that in certain regions.

Car_man
    Host
  • andremikeandremike Member Posts: 67
    edited May 2013
    Can you give me the details right now for leasing a lacrosse?

What is this $2900 you speak of? Can you get that on top of the $1500.00 rebate plus the $500.00 bonus cash + $2000 in Conquest cash?

I was being told of 1% with a 52% residual.. With $4k down they are telling me $265.00 month on a $39600 lacrosse(MSRP)

Is the 52% residual based on MSRP or sale price?

Please help.. respond as quickly as possible..
    Hi andremike. The $2,900 is a cash incentive that General Motors is currently providing on 36-month leases of the 2013 LaCrosse. The $1,500 is not compatible with GM's special lease program. Neither was the recently expired $500 bonus cash.

The $2,000 conquest cash is available on top of the lease cash for a total of $4,900.

$4,000 is way too much money to put down on a lease. I always advise consumers to go with zero down leases.

Vehicles' residual values are based upon a percentage of their full MSRPs, including the destination charge and the MSRPs of any options that can be residualized.

Car_man
    Host
  • kapkanimdkapkanimd Member Posts: 136
    Car-man, where can I find the GM incentive for the 24mo lease? I see the $2k conquest on Edmunds but nothing about the $2,800, and is that a rebate to the dealer? also do you have the money factor and residual for June for 24mo and 12kmi? Thanks in advance, your services are much appreciated.
  • wonderwarthogwonderwarthog Member Posts: 50
    Just today I was offered a $38,500 MSRP LaCrosse for $1K drive-off and $349/month plus tax. This is actually a little higher than your quote, but close. (I'm figuring about $90/mo. to finance the $3K difference between the drive-offs.) I got this quote over the phone, and I didn't write down the residual and interest rate. I'm pretty sure the selling price includes the incentives plus $1K conquest. I didn't realize it was $2K, but that might have been reduced in June. I think this quote is too high, but I've just started looking at LaCrosse leases. Since you're getting $1,100 more car, your quote is better, but I agree with CarMan that $4,000 is way too much to front them.
  • wonderwarthogwonderwarthog Member Posts: 50
    I just started looking at LaCrosse leases after giving up on a Regal GS (limited availability around here) and reluctantly abandoning an Infiniti Coupe and a performance ATS because "mommy" won't let me have them! Can you help me with money factors, residuals, and incentives in June. Is conquest (which I can get) $2K as it was in May or $1K? What's a reasonable selling price relative to invoice? Thanks.
    Hi kapkanimd. The $2,800 cash incentive on 24-month leases of this vehicle definitely exists. The $2,000 conquest cash is available on top of that.

Ally's June base lease rate and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2013 Buick LaCrosse with 12,000 miles per year are 1.0% and 63% to 61% (depending upon what trim level you're talking about).

Car_man
    Host
    Hey wonderwarthog. Ally's base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Buick LaCrosse with 15,000 miles per year are 1.5% and 52%.

There is a $2,900 cash incentive on 36-month leases of this car right now. There is another $500 in certain areas. There is $2,000 conquest cash on this car in June as well.

If I was in the market for a LaCrosse right now, I personally would shoot for a selling price of a couple hundred dollars over invoice minus the cash incentives.

Car_man
    Host
  • ClairesClaires Member Posts: 1,222
    To discuss current lease details for the latest model, please join us in the 2015 Buick LaCrosse Lease Questions forum.

Need help getting around? [email protected] - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

Tell everyone about your buying experience: Write a Dealer Review

This discussion has been closed.