Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Mazda CX-7 Prices Paid and Buying Experiences

Comments

• rponsetirponseti Member Posts: 35
    Thanks for that information. I'm sure that come Sept 09, the 2009's will be reduced even more. But like you said, 6k off sounds pretty good right now. He doesn't seem to want to budge off that price. I'm at $20350 out the door with my wonderful 8.75% tax rate. Tried to get him to $20k even but no luck. Not sure if I can push him any lower. He says that's the bottom. I just have to decide if I want it.

Does anyone know if the 2009's are any more reliable then the 2007's? I was reading some reviews with a lot of complaints on reliability. Wonder if it was just the first model year bugs.

Thanks again!
  • des5des5 Member Posts: 88
    This is the same price point I got on an identical trim '08 back in September. What this means is Mazda is kicking in the same $3750 on the '09s now that they gave on the '08s back then. This makes sense since CX-7 numbers are down some 60+%.

On reliability, there were some '07 glitches with the gas cap and tranny, but they were resolved. My '08 has 5 months and 3300 miles so far, and has been perfect.
  • mike334mike334 Member Posts: 9
    over the last week or so. What kind of deal should I be looking for on Sport Utility Trim for a new 09 or leftover 08??? Havent apporached any dealers directly yet, just researching data and pricing on line. Im in Northeast PA area. Sticker prices Im seeing are in 25-26 range with that trim and a few extras added on. Anyone able to help?
  • aduggaladuggal Member Posts: 3
    I have just bought a 2009 CX-7 Grand Touring FWD with no additional options for $21,588 (includes destination charge) with an out of the door price of 23,175.

I actually used the Edmunds "contact local dealers" link and one dealer gave me this price for a car he had on the lot. I was able to use this to negotiate for the one I wanted. I was told there was at least a 4k manufacturer to dealer rebate.

I tried to go lower but they would not but did throw in wheel locks, cargo net and rear bumper guard.
  • yippee8999yippee8999 Member Posts: 2
    I am looking at a leftover, new '08 Touring. I have an offer of $10,000 off MSRP. Is that good enough?
  • wiknowikno Member Posts: 3
    Just FYI. Tried 2009 Mazda CX-7 Sport, nice car, got price $19,399 (before destination charge, taxes, registration and other fees). MSRP $23,900. Maryland.
  • zoom49zoom49 Member Posts: 76
    A 2009 sport FWD are going for $17,995 including destination, plus tax and license.
    That is a all in stock price here in So Cal
  • jeffrobinsonjeffrobinson Member Posts: 8
    This board has gotten kind of quiet, so I'll chime in that I recently bought an '09 Touring AWD, with the moonroof/bose package. In the end, I paid about $6,500 below msrp, and a little over $4500 below invoice price, so in line with what people have generally been getting over the past several months. I also had a trade-in, which I think I got a decent value on from the dealer. Overall experience was pretty good, with no high pressure sales tactics from the dealer. I think they got me a bit on the financing, but I'll pay it off relatively quickly anyway.

Overall, I love the CX-7. Having owned it for about a week, in retrospect I probably should have spent the few extra bucks and gone with the GT, but it is what it is. Not providing auto on/off headlights in the Touring for example is kind of annoying. Also, I can see how the poor gas mileage might be a nuisance over time, but then I'll always come back to how much fun the CX-7 is to drive. Bottom line, for the low-mid $20s, the CX-7 is real strong value, with a lot of bang for the buck.

This was in Northern NJ btw.
  • abukiabuki Member Posts: 7
    Hi could you let us know which dealer in NJ did you get this deal from please?
    Thank you...
  • zq8zq8 Member Posts: 82
    How much dealer cash is there now on the 2009 CX-7 ? Anyone know ?
    I believe it is the same $3,750 that has been thrown around here for awhile. The bottom line is, there is still a fair amount of wiggle room in the numbers to get the dealers down several thousand dollars off msrp and invoice.
    I bought from Open Road Mazda of Morristown, NJ (historic location of Washington's HQ during the American Revolution). I did a fair amount of research here, I sent out requests for quotes from a couple of dealers including Open Road, and went in well armed with info. I communicated with Wayne Mazda, which has a huge inventory, but a pretty poor reputation. So I did not pursue the purchase with them, but they gave me a frame of reference (as did Manhattan Mazda). In general, people here were getting $7k off msrp easy back in October on the '08s, so that was my target on the '09, but I was willing to take a bit less off if I had to.

I probably could have done even better if I threatened to walk out (on both the purchase price and financing), but I was ok with the deal and just wanted to get it done. I simply did not have time between work and family to spend the next few weeks or months on this process. And I hated my old car, and just wanted that brand new CX-7 that was staring me in the face... :) As I guess is usually the case, the dealer and I got to a point on the price of the car, value of the trade, and financing where we both felt we got a fair enough deal.

You're getting towards the end of the month, so the next week or so is a good time to give it a shot. Good luck.
  • abukiabuki Member Posts: 7
    Thank you for the detailed info jeff. Based on the MSRP estiamte from Edmunds, i assume your price at the end came out to about $23.5K to $24K right? I might give it a shot, my sister is looking to get one of those, but she is considering leasing so i have to crunch my numbers and see what payment can we come up with based on the price that you got.

Again, thanks a lot for yuor help...
  • tremektremek Member Posts: 8
    Hi everyone, my wife and I are looking at buying a CX-7, and last month, we found that there was $3750 in dealer cash on '09s and $4500 in customer cash on '08s. Does anyone know what the incentives are in the new month? I think there is still $4500 in customer cash available on the '08s but since dealer cash seems like it's usually hidden I can't determine whether it's changed or not since last month. It does seem possible that the incentives have changed as there are some new things ($1000 loyalty cash on '09 CX-9s) on Mazda's special offers page.

Are there any other fiscal incentives/rebates on the CX-7s that anyone is aware of? Thanks!
  • mzsoltmzsolt Member Posts: 1
    I got 21k otd on CX-7 Sport in VA. Is tha good enough or there are better offers around? How much would be a GT? Thanks in advance for experiences.
    Not enough info. Year? Options? OTD may vary, if you are including TTL. Base '09 sports are going for 18.5, which is what I paid for a base '08 back in September.I also told salesguy to cut doc prep in half to $125, which he did.
  • gatorstewgatorstew Member Posts: 10
    18.5? I'm looking at a base '09 CX-7 right now with only power seat option. Sticker price is an even 25k. So a fair offer for the dealer would be 18.5? Wow, 4500 below invoice? I'd say that I'd be pretty happy with that. Are they getting incentives from Mazda to get that low? Thanks.
  • derricksonderrickson Member Posts: 131
    Pretty sure I purchased mine around the same time as des5, as I recall his username. Bought ours courtesy of Hurricane Ike in Sept 08. At the time, our dealer was offfering a flat $7K off MSRP on all CX-7's in-stock. No haggling, no surprises. Was in-and-out in 40 minutes...literally. I bought a base Sport, which had a sticker of $24.3. Paid $17.3.

At the time, I recall Mazda did have an incentive going. In addition, read here that during that time of year, dealers often offer to "buy" vehicles from the mfr (invoice less all incentives) so they can remove the vehicles from their floorplan. This allows the dealers to pass-on really good deals to customers.

Hopefully I didn't mis-state any of the above regarding the floorplan stuff. It's been nearly a year since I researched all this. Good luck with your purchase. ;)
  • abchin486abchin486 Member Posts: 78
    I offered 19.1K for a 26K one. The guy emailed me back right away and said that price is "very very realistic".
    I'm in So Cal and one of the local Mazda dealers has been running and ad for the last week "Every new 2009 Mazda CX-7 in stock, All trim levels with MSRP $25,000 to $32,055 $8,000 off MSRP" :)
    Sales of CX-7s are down some 60+% from last year. It didn't take long for Mazda to offer dealers at least 3750 engagement money on the '09s with most '08s finally gone. There can also be salesmen who will find a way to get you loyalty money even if you don't own a Mazda. You have to knock some competitive heads together, but add up 3750 + 1500 + 1000 = 6250 off MSRP and the sale is still AT INVOICE! The dealer is still pulling 475 holdback, but he 's got make something.
    Regarding the So Cal deal, occasionally in some regions the engagement money is bumped up, perhaps because of local stock imbalance. When I bought the bounty was another $800 near the end of the month. Mind you, only one dealer of the six I worked with mentioned it. SIx months ago, the hottest deals were in Texas.
    As I've said before, Mazdas start out as a poor deal at sticker, but get discounted down to a very good deal in the end.
  • zoom08zoom08 Member Posts: 75
    I bought my CX-7 GT-AWD in Dec 2008.
    no problems so far.
    I love the handling but I do have doubts about resale value.
  • shinsengumishinsengumi Member Posts: 2
    Zoom49,

Do you remember which dealer this was? Thanks.
    Zoom49,
    Do you remember which dealer this was? Thanks.

Yes,
    It was Puente Hills Mazda in Los Angeles area.

Zoom49
  • laurilalaurila Member Posts: 18
    price paid includes all costs, dealer, fees, title, tags and state sales tax so this was an "out of the door" price

car is base model CX-7, black on black

car bought from local dealer in ft lauderdale, fl
  • jackbutsjackbuts Member Posts: 1
    I just purchased a 2009 grand touring(moonroof and bose). I got $6200 off the sticker($31,320). Do your homework and get quotes from the internet via email. I printed the email with the best price and brought it to my local dealer and they beat the internet quote. No going back and forth on price....made it easy. Only have had the car a few days, but I love it - fun to drive!
  • laurilalaurila Member Posts: 18
    jackbuts,

have a friend looking to buy a GT with moonroof,bose

can you tell the OTD (out the door) price and location and dealer as the "xxxx Off sticker" is not very helpful to determine OTD.

thanks
    what was your out the door price, I got mine 12/7/08 CX-7 GT-AWD with all standard equiptment for 29,650. The car it self was purchased at invoice price..
    How about you and how do you like it?
    so, can you be specific with the price.
    What was the cost of the car out the door?

My friend is looking to get a 09 GT AWD with the standard equipment.
    I just want to compare, maybe you can help.
  • awdrockawdrock Member Posts: 2
    A sales person from a mazda dealership in st louis told me they are runing cx-7s 9k-10k off msrp. From his explanation I assume you can have 9k off sport 9.5k off touring and 10k off GT. The name of the sales person is Ma*t T*ck*r. I placed some * inside his name to avoid legal issues. The name of the dealership starts with a B and you can find his contact information from the website. I am not affiliated with anybody from the dealership. The above information was revealed to me during a recent test drive at the dealership.
  • joeyjacksjoeyjacks Member Posts: 1
    I really hope that what you are saying is true, I am going to contact Ma*t T*ck*r, to see
    what he says. I'll post back in here to tell everybody if what you are saying is true.
  • awdrockawdrock Member Posts: 2
    I swear to GOD the information I posted here came straight from MT's mouth.
    But one suggestion I want to give to you though is to stop by the dealership. I do not think he will just give it to you over the phone. You have to be serious about buying it and insist on the price. If he gives you BS like dealer cash expires and stuff, just pull out the papers prepared earlier. FYI, the dealer cash right now is 6000$. So 3000$ discount should not be too difficult.

Good luck.
  • almattialmatti Member Posts: 164
    Zoom08: You make avery good point about resale value. I have a MZ 3s Touring 08.5 - just got it a couple of months ago, new. I have been teasing with trading it for a CX-7 GT. The 3 is a bit too small and for it's size (2.3L engine) the gas mileage is just OK.... averaging @ 24 mpg mixed city/suburban 60% / & 40% highway. My debate to go for the CX-7 is of course, gas mileage compared to a Sante Fe, handling notwithstanding, the Sante Fe - gives you more for the Buck. But I love the way the CX-7 looks....The resale vale is also a consideration. gas is headed for $4 bucks a gallon for premium!!! Maybe it would be the Santa Fe - that uses regular gas...
  • howardruhowardru Member Posts: 155
    Per the 2009 user guide, you can run your CX-7 on less than 91 octane, but performance may suffer a bit.

We'll be running our new one on 89 for a while and see how she handles.
  • banditboybanditboy Member Posts: 54
    How are theused pricing on these. With such a cheap price i cannot find one less than 15-16k with 40k miles in the north east.

I want to spend 12k / w 30-40k miles .is that even possible?
  • aviboy97aviboy97 Member Posts: 3,159
    I want to spend 12k / w 30-40k miles .is that even possible?

Nope!

I am trying to buy lease returns from Mazda and 2007 GT's are being sold wholesale by Mazda for $17-19K.
  • bb321bb321 Member Posts: 1
    The price of the vehicle 26,000. This is prior to trade in, sales tax (10.25% in Chicago - (ouch - but it will come back to me via the IRS)) and license fee.

Sticker was 32,400
    Invoice was 29,403

Excellent deal and the best car buying experience I've ever had.

Autobarn in Countryside, Illinois.

Traded a ten year old Dodge that doesn't qualify for the "clunker" rebate. Looking forward to a long perior of ownership with this one.
  • ldislerldisler Member Posts: 83
    Left a deposit on a in stock Mazda5 @8:00 pm. Called them @2:00 the next day to cancel the deal and they refuse to refund my deposit. The salesman never said
    it wasn't refundable. What do I do now?
    Did you ask if the deposit was refundable?

Exactly what did you sign?

How did you leave a deposit? Check or credit card I hope.

If you signed a non-refundable document, you may be SOL. Often times you have 3 business days to rescind a transaction. Look into this in your state. Advise the stealership of the business law of the state he is operating in.

If you paid with credit card, immediately call and dispute the charge.
    If you paid with check, immediately go to your bank and put a stop payment on the check.

If you paid with cash, call your states Attorney General and file a claim immediately. There is usually a form to fill out and submit. Bring a copy of the completed form to wave in front of the stealership.
  • vm2998282vm2998282 Member Posts: 5
    I have a deal for 23K for a AWD Touring CX7 whcih sounds good. A dealer in NJ just offered me over the phone the same car + moonroof package for 22K. Does 22k make sense or does it sound like a scam to get me in the door? Anyone know great dealers in the NYC area?
  • yankee_njyankee_nj Member Posts: 3
    :mad:
    Thought I got an exceptional deal on a 2009 CX7 GT w/ Nav. and wheel locks in Liquid Platinum Metallic from Wayne Mazda in NJ. They quoted 7,425 off from $33,605 MSRP on 7/29/09 including destination charges, and w/o 0% (Got 5% instead).
    Went in to sign the paper, and they wanted to add these mandated charges on top of tax and destinations:
    1. New tires
    2. Internet access
    3. Windows edging (They will not take it out b/c the quote price is too low)
    4. Credit check
    5. Document
    6. Title & registrations

These charges came out to be $1,221. As far as I can remember, it is used to be Document, title & registrations @ around 6 to 7 hundred dollars. I guess I will have to nego. on the out of door price instead of just the car price from now!
    New tires???? Yes..they are because they came with the new car shipped from Japan. Unless you asked them to replace the tires, they can take a hike.

Internet Access? Is satellite or FM radio now called "Internet". Perhaps they put in a mobile 3G wireless access router into the 12V power outlet to give you wirelesss access in the car. Maybe they are giving you one of these http://3gstore.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=961
    but make sure they provide the 3G PC card or USB dongle and include the lifetime PCS service.

Window etching? Fraud. The car has a security system. who cares if you recover the glass or not. This is your insurance companies issue, not theirs!

Credit Check? They check everyone that walks in the door for a test drive. It's the cost of doing business.

If you have this in writing, I would fax it over to the Attorney General and the CEO of Mazda North America immediately and get their stealership license revoked.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    I bet the "new tires" is the disposal fee that's attached to all new tire sales (including the ones on new cars). I think that's around $2.00/tire..

Without an exact accounting of the amount of each fee, it's hard to know how much extra you are being charged, without reason.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• lamachinelamachine Member Posts: 3
    Just put a deposit new 21,300 + Tax was that good.It also had bullet grill chrome package+all weather mats + wheel locks.Please let me know
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    For future reference, I think that's a billet chrome grill..

That sounds pretty good... How many leftover 2008 models did your dealer have?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Manfredi Mazda Staten Island NY.I think he had 2 left one silver/black & liquid platinum/black both in the showroom ask for freddie
  • crazyeddiecrazyeddie Member Posts: 1
    just bought one for $27,350. shopped around NYC area. best deal i could find.
  • vm2998282vm2998282 Member Posts: 5
    27K sounds about right for the GT with technology package based on my shopping experience. 21k for GT with bose sounds too good to be true even if its an 08. Was it AWD?

I just got a touring AWD with bose for 24k +tax. I overpaid but I just wanted the car in that particular color.
    21,300 +TAX 2008 MAZDA CX7 AWD
  • hotnikshotniks Member Posts: 1
    I've been trying to locate an 09 AWD GT but have had little luck in the StL area. I found a model out in Ohio with all the options I want. MSRP = $31,130, got a quote for $24,290. Caveat 1 = It's a demo with 5800 miles.

When I asked for clarification on the quote, the salesperson responded that he used dealer cash, not the cash back or finance incentives when generating the price. I'm a little confused as to the difference and whether they can be combined. Anyone mind clarifying this for me? And feel free to comment on the offer.