Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Mazda CX-7 Prices Paid and Buying Experiences

Comments

• zoom08zoom08 Member Posts: 75
    You need to better inform yourself, the CX7-GT-AWD 2008 model takes regular gas, production models before 08, had to use premium.
    Mazda reprogrammed the engine and fixed the problem. :shades:
  • zoom08zoom08 Member Posts: 75
    :blush: Well, 28K miles later my CX7-GT-AWD has been using regular gas and there are no problems. Dealer said you could use premium but it was not necessary.
    Only previous model require premium gas. Oddly enough, I did test premium gas in my tank and the car seemed to burn the gas quicklier and the exhaust smelled like raw gasoline. Filled up my tank 2 times in the begining like that and after that I used only regular gas. I've owned my car 1.5 years and I love it.
    I wish for better mileage but since the car is fun to drive, I am willing to overlook it.
  • piper235piper235 Member Posts: 4
    does anyone know what the dealer cash and rebate incentives are on a 2010 cx-7 sv or sport i? how much is the holdback and actual mark up on these cars. looking in st. louis/midwest area to cash buy and dealers only want to give about $1000 off of $22,300 msrp on a sv. what would be a good deal on one of these cars? thanks a lot for any help!
  • Chuckles37Chuckles37 Member Posts: 16
    Current deal is only on the 2009s, $1000 off and some special financing. This offer on the CX-7 goes thru Aug 31. After that date, who knows. If car sales crash due to the Clunker program ending, there may be some incentives down the line.
  • tobe_cx7tobe_cx7 Member Posts: 26
    Any recent deal you made or heard of for 09 GT w/Tech? OTD/OOD price? I got 29K from 1 dealer back in July,Now I'm thinking how cheap they would go after 2010 model on road? Plze comment..trying to decide and buy before 30th.
  • jeofzthemanjeofztheman Member Posts: 11
    Same here, any recommended dealer to go to her in Los Angeles for a CX7-09 GT with Bose SS. If the price and offer for 2010 are good, I will also consider. Approximately how much less I can take from MSRP and how much more additional fees approximately are added for total cost. Thanks in advance!
  • howardruhowardru Member Posts: 155
    My recommendation is that you do your home work!

Go pay for the Consumer Reports online pricing system for under $30. Or there are other sites that can give you the dealer costs of all the extras.

Don't be cheap. Spend a few $ now to save hundreds or thousands.
  • investingdadinvestingdad Member Posts: 23
    My recommendation is that you do your home work!

Go pay for the Consumer Reports online pricing system for under $30. Or there are other sites that can give you the dealer costs of all the extras.

Don't be cheap. Spend a few $ now to save hundreds or thousands.

What kind of reply is this? Doing his own homework is exactly what led the guy here and asking questions. Why even post a reply like this?
    I guess what I left out was, beyond researching past messages and buying experiences, they should do a little more researcyh. My point is that anyone interested in dumping $20 to $32K into a new car should look into RELIABLE sources of information rather than "hear say" from people around the country.

Yes, message board member input is great and helps people here get an idea a to what people are seeing in dealers across the country, but the only way to know definitive, base-line pricing is via some of these services. That is all I meant.

I would recommend that the original messenger of that note, or any other messenger, review past postings to see if there is anything relative and recent, and if not use these online service where things are lacking.

So, back to my point, for less than the cost of 10 Starbucks coffees, a comprehensive and accurate report on pricing and regional discounts can be had from Consumer Reports or other online resources in case this person was not aware of these resources available to them.
  • vm2998282vm2998282 Member Posts: 5
    Howardru,

You are completely wrong. Consumer reports uses truecar.com values to give you pricing estimates. I paid $5 for a subscription to consumer reports and $15 to buy an individual report and it had the same exact price as was posted on truecar.com for free. Yet when I was acutally buying I paid 4K less than the "good price" on truecar. Dealers have many incentives from the manufacturer and unfortunately Mazda doesnt make this transparent. This board helped me a lot to realize that there was a 8k discount off msrp for 09 CX7's.
    We are talking past each other.

Glad you got a great deal. Enjoy
  • jerseyboy5jerseyboy5 Member Posts: 5
    Good Day Team Mazda,

Just bot a 2010 CX-7 Touring, paid $26,900 and got 3.9% for 60 months, crystal Pearl White. Cash for clunkers is over and dealers are crapping in their pants. NO one is buying, if you have a solid FICO score and a minimum 10% down, you can negotiate a fair price.

Car drives like its own railroad tracks, acceleration is solid off the line. Only concern are the tires, got bridgestone on them. Seems as though I'll be lucky if they last 24K miles.

People living in NJ, check out IRWIN Mazda in Freehold. NJ Car dealers are notorious for marking up cars from anywhere from $2K-5K for pinstriping and door guards. NO mark-ups here, set up an appointment on the internet, I swear as a Presbyterian, most non-stressful purchase of a car in 25 years. Internet manager, Jay is a decent individual.

Edmunds TMV is a solid benchmark, print it and use to your advantage.

Peace <><
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 234,736
    Swear as a Presbyterian!? You sure you don't have your fingers crossed?! ;)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• vm2998282vm2998282 Member Posts: 5
    Was the 26900 price an out the door price with tax?
    My fingers are not crossed, however, my nose hairs are!!!

Nah, jersey tax of 7.00% was separate
    Regular invoice was $28400 with the white paint.
    Couple of Mazda Dealers within a 20 mile raduis were not budging from the retail invoice. I guess being a 2010 model, dealers are figuring that demand will be there very soon.

If you look at the CX7 inventory on many of these car dealer websites, many base engines available, but touring and GT are almost nil to none.

Good luck with the search
  • mommy2twomommy2two Member Posts: 1
    We just bought a 2010 CX-7 i Sport this week in Stormy Blue with the convenience package. We qualified for S-plan pricing and received an incentive from the dealer for another $1,000 off. Final price paid after delivery, taxes, tags, and doc fees was $24,390.

We haven't had a chance to drive it very far yet, but from three days worth of driving, the trip computer indicates that we are averaging about 25 mpg at an average speed of 33 mph (it's mostly been driven on the local roads with some short highway drives in between).
    My apologies Mazda Team,

The model I bought was a 2010 Touring AWD model in white.
    Nice job on the price, are you located in NJ?

If you are, may I have the name of the dealership, my sister is looking to get a Mazda 3.
  • cinthia7171cinthia7171 Member Posts: 1
    I bought a 2008 CX7-GT-AWD back on August/ 08, dealer informed there were not incentives or rebates available at that time, it's been a year and i love my car, never had any problems, HOWEVER i keep thinking they hide rebates that i was supposed to receive, i did notice on this forum some people back on Aug,08 buying CX-7 and receiving incentives or rebates, would it be too late for me to discuss this with my dealer so i can get some cash back?? please advice. THanks. :surprise:
    At this point in time, you are SOL. Beyond 30 days, if you didn't apply for an incentive or rebate, you probably won't find any.

Besides, many of the rebates are due to the economy this year, and were not in effect last year (when I bought one of my CX's too)
  • fitzcarraldofitzcarraldo Member Posts: 2
    I bought a 2010 CX-7 Sport today at Open Road Mazda in NJ. The msrp was $23,060. I paid $23,000 out the door.

Price of car: 20737.85
    Sales tax: 1451.65
    Tire tax: 7.50
    Reg/title fees: 399.00 (4 years)
    Online mv fee: 6.00
    Doc fees: 398.00
    Total: 23,000.00

I got dealer financing at 4.99% for 60 months. I believe there was a $1,000 dollar rebate involved. I contacted the internet sales manager (Paul) by email first to get ballpark prices. Went to the showroom and dealt with Mark and the deal was done within an hour. Great place to buy a car. This was the only Sport in stock but could have had another color if I wanted for a fee of $300 to cover the cost of getting the car moved from another dealer. This vehicle is Stormy Blue Mica with black interior and is an awesome car. Happy hunting.
  • roguelvrroguelvr Member Posts: 3
    DO NOT purchase from them.
    I was in the market for the new BLACK 2010 CX-7 iSport.
    Monday night, I negotiated the price, and the sales guy called me and said ok come get it for the price, but you have to come today, 10 minutes later called me back and said "I am sorry we can't do that" I was ready with the money, and to sign and be done. Oh did he make me mad! So I said forget it no I don't want to buy from them.
    Friday morning, the Mr. Gwatney calls me and apologizes and says the sales guy got fired he didn't PAY ATTENTION TO DETAIL. So he says he wants my business and we still don't meet at the price I want, but met somewhere close and I agreed around 5pm Friday. I couldn't get there Friday so we agreed I would come first thing in the morning. He even made a smart remark "Come early in the morning, so I can make money the rest of the day" It hit me wrong but I left it alone.
    Saturday Morning I get there, I just wanted to sign the paper, give my money and drive off the car and I am walking around and guess what I see? NO BLACK CX-7! RIGHT THEN, he pulls up and says "Oh well no one talked to me about color" WHAT A BUNCHA LIES! First thing we said to him was I want a black Cx-7 iSport with the convince package. He even had nerves to say "Who wants a black car in Memphis?" I was furious by the way they handle their customers, and walked out and left the dealership.I would not recommend anyone to purchase from them! They ruined the entire buying process from the start. They didn't screw up once, but TWICE!!
    Gwatney Mazda dealership does not know how to deal with customers! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
  • zq8zq8 Member Posts: 82
    Have you tried Gossett Motors ?
  • roguelvrroguelvr Member Posts: 3
    Yea, they weren't coming off the price. No luck there.
  • fonefixerfonefixer Member Posts: 247
    In the Minneapolis/St. Paul area, the car business has apparently changed to a "best price upfront" "no haggle" format. Mazda and most other franchised dealerships appear to have gone with this business philosophy.
  • seymourcx7seymourcx7 Member Posts: 1
    I am going to purchase a 2010 Black CX-7 i Sport with convenience package.

MSRP $24840 includes destination.

My price so far is $22500 plus sales tax.

Is this good or do I need to bargain some more?

Thanks.
  • blin279blin279 Member Posts: 21
    Hi seymourcx7 ,
    $22,500 sounds like a good price! Per truecar less than $23,039 is considered a "great price"! I was quoted $23,200 in early September. Try to bargain more. Truecar is saying that the best time to purchase a vehicle in November would be Black Friday. How much are sale taxes in your area? Do you have a trade in? Good Luck!
  • celebrocelebro Member Posts: 3
    Hi we just buy a new cx7 sv for 21600 OTD with new tag at south FL.
    Hi celebro,
    congrats! What options do you have? We focused on CX-7 i Sport with Convenience Package (1CP).
    Regards.
    HI it is SV no options it was 18953$ +++ tota 21600 otd. the best price for the one you looking for i found for 22500+++. For me the extras in iSport are not worth pay 3000 $ more for what it is and dealers are hard to go any ware lower then 22500 becouse it is a popular car . Compare SV and i Sport. And for s Touring i found a price for 25500 OTD. PS if you looking to buy contact Delray Mazda at 5612787800. I look for 3 weeks to finaly get my price but i now that any of 4 other dealers in area (M :) iami to West palm beach ) did not give me better price so i am happy for what i pay.
    Hi celebro,
    It is a great price: $18,953! You did good job! I can't go to Delray Mazda. I'm far away from FL - Ohio. I mentioned $22,500 (iSport w/1CP) to a sales person over here, he said he would beat that price easy. I'll try on Black Friday. Thank you and enjoy your new toy!
    let us no how much hi will offer thx
    Hey, don't forget about eBay. You never know what you will find there. It is worth giving it a try. Check out new and used. Some 2010's are showing up now. Good luck hunting!
  • antonio27antonio27 Member Posts: 13
    Hello Celebro,

I live in Boynton Beach and would love the name of your salesman that sold you your CX7. Could you email it to me? It would be much appreciated.

[email protected]
  • dcrow82dcrow82 Member Posts: 1
    Has anyone been able to get a New 2010 CX-7 FWD Grand Touring for $30,000 or less OTD? I&#146;ve tried dealers in Atlanta, Huntsville, Nashville and Knoxville and I can&#146;t find anyone who would come close to $30,000. I&#146;m about to give up and wait till later in 2010 but thought I would check to see if anyone else got a good deal on one.
  • socalgal24socalgal24 Member Posts: 3
    Great price! I bought the CX-7 Sport in early November at a dealership in Southern California. MSRP pretty much the same - $23090 instead of $23060. My out the door was closer to $26300 factoring in finance charges and extra Gap insurance/coverage:

Car price: $21800 <---- you got me there!
    Sales tax: $2130.87 <--- welcome to 9.75% sales tax in So Cal... ugh!
    Tire fee: $8.75
    Reg/Title fee: $338.00
    Online mv fee: $29.00
    Doc fees: $55.00
    Gap insurance/coverage: $695
    Finance charges over 60 months: $1285.98
    Total: about $26342.60

My dealership was offering 2.9% for 60 months, which thankfully I qualified for. For a good 2-3 days after I bought it I kept on thinking I should have haggled more, but there's nothing you can do after you sign the papers! It was my first car-buying experience, so next time I'll know what to look out for. All in all our salesman was very nice and accommodating, and you can't put a price on that! Mine is the liquid silver and yes, it is an awesome car... so happy with choosing the Mazda. Zoom-Zoom!
  • ssnycssnyc Member Posts: 1
    After much research including using the Edmunds lease calculators, this sign and drive offer for a CX-7 i SV FWD seems like a very good offer (except that it is for 42 months instead of Edmunds suggested 36 months). Do you guys agree this is a good deal and is there additional room for negotiation in a national offer like this one?

$299/Month Lease for 42 Months
    $0 Down Payment, $0 Security Deposit, $0 First Month's Payment= $0 Due at Lease Signing.

MSRP $22,300. Lease payment based on capitalized cost of $21,645 after $500 Mazda Customer Lease Support. Total payments of $12,259. No security deposit required. Dealer participation required. Tax, license, title, fees, options and insurance extra. Monthly payments include $595 acquisition fee. Not all lessees will qualify for lowest payment through participating lender. Some payments higher, some lower based on residency and other factors. Lessee responsible for excess wear and mileage over 42,000 at $0.15/mile. Purchase option at lease end for $10,481 plus applicable tax. Take new retail delivery from dealer stock by 1/04/10. Residency restrictions apply. See participating dealer for qualifications. Excludes One Pay lease option.
  • kristahkristah Member Posts: 1
    celebro - can you tell us how the negotiations went to get to $18953? I am about to purchase today and would like to get some tips if possible to help me out.

thanks
    hi, did the $18,953 include a $1000 mazda loyalty discount? the dealer i'm dealing with will only do $19,997 plus $189 doc fee on new base CX-7 i SV. He says anything less than that would have included $1000 mazda loyality cash back. happy new year and thanks very much for your reply!
  • coopdel4coopdel4 Member Posts: 1
    Hi, I wanted to see if there was anyone out there who had recently purchased the Touring model with no additional options MSRP $28,605. I am eligible for S plan pricing which is being quoted as $26,744. I want to see how comparable that is to what anyone else has paid recently through straight negotiation. I am in Rochester, NY.

Thanks!
  • neal2010neal2010 Member Posts: 3
    Just got a new Mazda CX-7 iSport with the convenience package and OTD is
    $24,042 (with 6% tax). Is that a good price?
    BTW: there is a strong burning smell coming inside the hood and the deal
    told me it is normal for the new car. Anybody has the similar experience?
    Thank you!
    Not sure about the price, but the smell is cosmoline burning off and should dissipate within the first 1000 miles or so - nothing to worry about....
  • oskibearoskibear Member Posts: 1
    I got a new 2010 CX-7 Grand Touring FWD, White Pearl exterior, with scuff plates, for $29,600. MSRP was $32,280. We live in Northern California. We got it the 36-month 0% APR financing. I think the same deal is still going on, but it's now 48 months 0% APR! After taxes and registration fees and all that jazz, it was just under $33,000 out the door.

You should use www.truecar.com to get an idea of how low dealers are willing/able to go. Hope this helps!
  • socalgal24socalgal24 Member Posts: 3
    That is an excellent price neal... not sure if you read my previous post, but my iSport was $26000 out the door (with 9.75% tax in CA). AND mine does not have the convenience package! You did a great job!
  • dfordhirajdfordhiraj Member Posts: 6
    Need to buy a new car. Decided between CR-V and CX-7 iSV base model. The dealer is offering $21,223 with 0 % Financing for 48 Months.

Is this a good deal ?
  • nace818nace818 Member Posts: 140
    I recently purchased a 2007 CX7 grand touring model (awd) with the turbo four. I am really disappointed with the mpg. My commute is nearly all interstate with few stops. I set the cruise on 70 mph and it is just awful, probably 19-20 mpg. Does anyone get better than this or do I have to live with it? I just ordered a K and N air filter to try to eke out a little more. I traded my MB C300 to try and save a little money, but it's not working out. This may be the shortest time I've ever owned a vehicle. Any tips?
    Thank you.
    I got the car in the end of the month, so the deader might be willing to
    negotiate the price.
    Thank you. The smell is getting weaker...
  • laurilalaurila Member Posts: 18
    am being quoted 21,875 OTD on a 2010 CX-7 in S.Florida.

price includes tags, taxes, dealer fees, delivery, ie. "everything", it is an out-the-door price for total payment.

color is optional, ie. price is good for any color.

anyone with better OTD in S.Florida ?
  • laurilalaurila Member Posts: 18
    price is now down to 21400 OTD, same dealer in S.Florida