Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2007 Nissan Altima

Comments

• ehb5ehb5 Posts: 1
    An increasing amount of research has shown the importance of stability control. Will the '07 Altima make this safety feature available?
  • dat2dat2 Posts: 242
    I think I read on nissannews that the 07 Maxima would lose the 6 spd, shifting the availability to the Altima, which will have the upgraded 6 spd as standard equipment on both the 4 cyl and 6 cyl. That is my take on it at least. Seems like a good time to buy a leftover 06 6 spd Maxima since they seem to be available at dealers right now.
  • autoboy16autoboy16 Posts: 992
    especially since the 07 maximas are out...

ISTHONDA, have you looked at altima SE-R?
  • willsimwillsim Posts: 33
    I purchased an 05 Frontier last year with the 4.0 V6 and love the truck. I'm was planning on replacing my Neon with an 07 4 cylinder Altima but now am reconsidering due to the serious ongoing problems Nissan is having with this engine. Nissan is currently stopped the sales of the 4 cylinder Altimas. Reading the problems and solution Altima forum it appears that this engines has had problems since it was introduced in 02. A Honda or Toyota purchase may be in my future.
  • corvettecorvette United StatesPosts: 4,108
    I think it will be optional on the V6 models. Nissan is slow to market with standard safety features and their current lineup often requires the purchase of extensive option packages in order to get stability control.
  • I'm also curious about a release date/pricing. I don't need a new car but it would be nice to have. I looked at an 06 Altima SE R and liked it. I'm thinking of waiting closer to the release of the 07s for a better deal (that's how I got a great deal on my 99 Maxima), but I also may want an 07 myself.
  • laney674laney674 Posts: 1
    You may want to reconsider the Honda, and just go for the Toyota. I have a 2002 Honda Civic and spent over $2K replacing transmission parts. The car has a little over 70,000 miles and I bought it new. I was told by the Honda technician that Honda would not meet me 1/2 way to help me out with the cost because I had never brought it in for services such as oil changes, tire rotation, etc... I have done all those things but not with Honda. I read about other folks having problems with Honda transmissions which was quite surprising.
  • ray_h1ray_h1 Posts: 1,134
    laney674 get your owner's and warranty supplement manuals out and look up Honda's consumer hotline number. That tech is NOT the last word on what Honda will or will not cover. I guarantee you, there is NO requirement for dealer performed routine service for normal or extended warranty consideration, though you may be asked to present your receipts as evidence of timely service. (A little-known federal law, the Moss-Magnuson Act, guarantees that!) Honda has goodwilled transmission fixes well beyond the nominal warranty. And, yes, Honda automatic transmission problems are legendary.
  • bwiabwia Boston Posts: 1,215
    At least from the side profile the 07 Altima has a strong resemblance to the Infinti M35/45. That should be expected but that theme seems stale and ordinary...I will wait to pass judgement until I see the car in person.

I owned a 1998 Altima that I liked very much. At that time that designed looked fresh and way ahead of its time. Although the 2002 redesign was nice I still believe Nissan should kept that size and style of the 98 and create a new name for the 02.

Just my two cents but at my workplace I see a lot of the second generation Altima in the parking lots...And may I add that car was quick off the line and extremely reliable.
  • flightnurseflightnurse 35K feetPosts: 1,631
    Ok I just bought a new 07 Versa and while at the dealer, they had several 07 Maxmia's on the lot. I was able to go and sit in them, MAN have they updated the interiors on them, they look very BMW like... The Maxima comes stantard with 255hp (down 10hp) and with the CVT transmission. ALso have have restyled the front end which IMHO looks so much better.. Lots of technology in the max for 07..

The 07 Altima will look like a cross between a G35 and M35 and will have as optional equipment what you get on those 2 cars.

I think nissan has gotten it right by offering options on cars that were only gotten on luxury cars but now can be had on cars that the average joe can buy...

Tony :shades:
  • maxamillion1maxamillion1 Posts: 1,467
    I have to disagree with you on the 98 model. Though the car was very reliable, Nissan had to ditch that design because of it's bland styling and lackluster appeal. The Second generation Altima was the shortest generation ever (4 years, compared to the 5 year gens for the 93 and 2002 Altima models) and Nissan's biggest facelift for the Altima didn't occur in 2005, but back in 2000 when they added length to the Altima and changed its front and rear designs.

Though that genearation of Altima has been good to you, Nissan did the rigth thing by dumping it because the car was too small and didn't offer a V6 engine and it's styling really didn't appeal to most consumers. The 2nd generation Altima was by far the biggest discounted Altima of any generation and proved that Nissan really needed to up the size of the 3rd generation Altima and offer styling to compete.
  • corvettecorvette United StatesPosts: 4,108
    The 2nd-gen Altima was about the same size as the Jetta was then. I knew the 2000 model got a facelift, but didn't know they added length. I assume the length was for visual reasons (adding on via the bumper and grille) rather than actually increasing the interior dimensions of the car?
    Maxamillion1 I think you got a few thigns backwards.

The biggest facelift for the Altima wasn't for 2005 but for 2002 when they added the V6 to the line up. The 2005 Altima had a minor facelift as well as a slight change to the interior..

No you actually have it wrong. The biggest REDESIGN was the 2002 Altima. A facelift is just that, changing a few things here and there. A redesign is when the car is competely all new.

The 93 Altima was the original, by 95 the car was giving a subtle "facelift"with slightly diffrent taillights. 96 models got new wheel covers on GXE models. The 98 was the redesign, while the 2000 was the Altima's "facelift" then the 2002 was a redesign, while the 05 was a "facelift"

And actually the Altima's increased exterior dimensions did add a bit more rear leg room to the 2000 Altima as compared to the 1998-99 models.

I drive an 05 Altima (well I did, it was just totaled) and the Altima's 05 facelift was MAJOR in many aspects. For one, the car's front end is completely different and the interiors are very much different with better materials, and higher levels of fit and finish and a different design.

I sell Nissans for a living. :)
    what year did the V6 become an option for the Altima ?

Tony
    That you were right about my friend.
    OK so the 2002 was a MAJOR face lift for the Altima ??

BTW, I have a 2005 Altima 3.5 SE love it.

Just took delivery of a 2007 Versa 1.8SL w/CVT very impressed with the Versa, I think Nissan has another home run of a car.

• amarkutamarkut Posts: 5
    Anyone shopping for an Altima and wondering if it's worth it, I have had mine now for almost 2 years. Bought the 2005 3.5 SL (may have waited for 2007 if I'd known about it)and I'm very pleased with this car.

Love the HP, interior, exterior, gas mileage and I travel A LOT so comfort is key-which it does provide. I'm looking forward to seeing the 07 model!

Only complaints (never fails, huh?): radio reception is not the best, but 6 CD in dash helps during the "worst" reception areas. Tires are a cheaper quality. Wanted compass on mirror-but wasn't available in the model. Lastly, being only 5'3"-I HATE cars that middle console isn't useable to rest my arm on when I have to push my seat so far forward. Auto makers-PLEASE remember not everyone is gifted w/height!

PS. Mom loved mine so much she just got the 2.5-she extremely happy w/it too!

Angie
    That's a redesign.

If a car is put onto a COMPLETELY new platform (as the 2002 is verses the 2000), given all new engines with completely different interior and exterior dimesnions, that's a REDESIGN.

If a car is simply given a few changes to its exterior and interior, but the core body of the car remains the same, its a FACELIFT.

The 2002 Altima was a redesign, just like the 1998 model was a redesign compared to the 1993.

I'll explain this again...

1993-Was the first generation Altima..

1995-was the year it got a MINOR facelift (new taillights and slightly different grille)
    1996-The Altima got new wheel covers on XE and GXE models

Second Generation Altima is released. The first REDESIGN of the Altima (even though the cars shared the same profile.

2000-The year the Second generation Altima was FACELIFTED

2002-The year release of the 3rd generation Altima, and the first time EVER the Altima got a V6 (you were right about that.)

2005-The year the 3rd gen was facelifted.

2007-4th Gen Altima look similar to the current model, but the car is on a different platform, with all new mechianicals and heavily revised engines.

It's quite simple I think...
  • maximafanmaximafan Posts: 592
    Angie, I may be incorrect on this, but my
    2002 Maxima has the type of console that
    you can raise it up higher by the push of
    the button at the front. I assumed pretty
    much all the current Maximas and Altimas had
    this. Then, again, I may be wrong! :P
    Omigod, I've finally come across someone
    that can tell the minor differences between
    a particular model car spanning between
    1993 and 2007! I am very impressed,
    Maxamillion. I have to tell you, in my last
    three purchases of Nissans in the past 11
    years, not one salesman had the knowledge of
    the cars like you do. You see, I happen to
    be the same way. I can differentiate the
    year models of various cars just by certain
    minor exterior changes and interior changes,
    i.e., like the Pathfinders starting from
    the year, say, '92-'93, having a totally new
    dashboard in the '94-'95 models, redesigned
    in '96, refreshed in 2000; more horsepower
    in 2001. That is so cool! I have to say,
    I test drove a 2005 Murano last July and I
    happened to get a salesman who knew less
    about the car than I did. Now, mind you,
    I don't sell cars, but I love 'em. I kind
    of felt bad for the guy, as he was an older
    gentleman and I think he was fairly new.
    Needless to say, I don't think he's still
    employed at the local Tampa Bay Nissan
    dealership.

I hope I can get someone as knowledgeable as
    you when I shop for my new purchase because
    that is truly refreshing!

By the way, I can't wait to see the 2007
    Altima. I used to drive a '95 Altima GLE.
    It was the purplish-blue color (Can't
    remember the name of the color right now),
    but I used to get so many complements on that
    color. People would come up to me at the
    car wash with the most popular question:
    "Is it purple or is it blue?" LOL.
    It was a very reliable car also.
    I've been in love with Nissan's since the 2000 Maxima debuted.
    We have a 2005 SE 3.5 w/Auto, safety package and sport package. Today, went to the dealer I got my Versa from and informed them we want a 2007 SE. Should be in 2 months...

• phil24phil24 Posts: 1
    Flightnurse,

Since you sell Nissan's for a living I have a question for you. I hope you can help me out. First, sorry to hear your 2005 Altima was totaled. I too have a 2005 Altima. It's the 3.5 SE. I really love the car. However, from time to time I feel a vibration which I think is in the tranny.

I thought it might have been the road given the lower profile tires on the SE but it seem the vibration happens around 40 - 50 mph on many different roads.

Have you heard similar complaints? That is the only issue I have with the car. It has 15,000 miles on it.

Any help you could provide would be appreciated.

What do you think of the 2007 Altima's?

Thanks

Phil
    Phil, the 07 Altima isn't out yet, wont be until End of Sept or Early Oct (this what my dealer tells me) but from what we have seen of the car, and the options you can get this should push it over he top for them regarding the Camry vrs Accord Vrs Altima battle..

Tony
    I had noticed similar vibration when operating my 05 Altima as well and I also had an issues with my transmission feeling like it was in neutral sometimes when I put it into "D4" on my 05 Altima. As far as customers, I haven't heard any complaints about vibration but I've had a few salesmen mention it to me. It's a problem and Nissan should address it IMO.

I had originally been told that my car was totaled, but now it appears that the car will be fixed, which is a bittersweet thing for me. I actually LOVE my Altima and I don't want to start car payments over, but the idea of having a wrecked and repaired car just doesn't sit well with me. I'll probably just get rid of the Altima later down the road.

As far as the 07 Altima is concerned...it won't get here until November (per Nissannews.com) The new Sentra gets here first and debuts in October. Truthfully the Sentra NEEDS to get here before the Altima seeing as the Sentra is the ONLY pre-Ghosn car and it would be overshadowed by the Altima if it debuted after it. Sentra gets out..gets good ads and boosts sales.

Ads displaying the new Sentra, Quest and Versa are already appearing. Sentra looks MUCH better in person than in pics.

Altima and G35 (even though not platform related) come out around the same time in November.

I am actually fond of the 07, except for its front..which I detest. The interior is much much better than the 05s and I find the refinement and neat features to be great compared to the 05-06 models.

Push start is going be a standard feature from what I've been told so far, as well as intelli key. I just hope Nissan doesn't cut corners on the car (lack of adjustable rear headrest and LEDs come to mind)

I do believe the car will be extremely competitive but I'm not lookin to get into the next generation Altima until the facelifted model hits lots for MY2010. I'm sure by then it will get a more aggressive front fascia...and I'll get one then.

Too bad I'm stuck with my Altima (the body shop started working on it yesterday) cause I had my eyes on an Accord EXV6 6spd or Mazda6 S Grand Sport.

My Altima has $11,460 worth of cosmetic damage!
    BTW Phil I do NOT work for Nissan.. I'm a FLight Nurse.

Tony
  • ray_h1ray_h1 Posts: 1,134
    TV ads are already running on Los Angeles area TV stations. Perty sharp, and the interior depicted with faux wood in the console is downright elegant.
    I'm glad to see ads running already...but are u sure it wasn't the Maxima?

If it is the new Altima then more power to them! They need all the ads they can get to push sales back up since the recall.
    Ray, I haven't seen ads on TV yet for the
    Altima either. I have seen the ads for the
    Maxima. I'm really anxious to see the 2007
    Altima in person, because I like what I see
    so far on the website, and the brochure I
    received. I like the 2007 Maxima also,
    although the car keeps growing in length.
    It's now going to be about three to
    three-and-a-half inches longer than my 2002
    Max. I don't know if I can fit that car in
    my tight garage.

I was hoping that the 2007 Altima would
    appear in showrooms by September. But
    November would probably be better since
    that's when I will start to seriously shop
    for my next car. I'm not too sure about
    getting a car with a new-style tranny
    though. I would prefer that the "bugs" get
    worked out first. The automobile show