Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2007 Nissan Altima

Comments

• nostalgianostalgia Posts: 10
    I'm curious... :confuse:
  • Why is this vehicle only being sold in several states? The reason that Nissan gave was bogus. Do they think that these 6 - 7 seven states are the only ones who have drivers whom want to use this technology?

Perhasp thye are going to price the hybrid version so high, they are counting on the tree-huggers in these states to cough up th extra dough to buy one.
  • maxamillion1maxamillion1 Posts: 1,467
    I can't seem to find your pics Driverdm...any links?
  • isthondaisthonda Posts: 1
    Does anyone have any details on the 6 speed manual transmission 2007 Altima? I know on the 2006 Altimas and Maximas, when you try to build them online, the option packages and color choices are very limited when you choose the manual transmission and they make you change the transmission back to automatic when you try to add most option packages. Does anyone know if this will be the case with the 2007 Altima? Thanks.
  • The dealer I spoke to blurted out November for a release date.
  • jaxs1jaxs1 Posts: 2,697
    Which may be true or he could be spewing guesses or lies designed to get you to just buy something else now because November is far off.
  • ray_h1ray_h1 Posts: 1,134
    [Gasp!] Do you mean to imply that a car salesman would actually resort to questionable negotiating tactics in order to unload present stock in anticipation of the new model introduction in five months? (Next you'll be telling us there's no Easter Bunny, either, I bet.)
  • pernaperna Posts: 533
    I recall Nissan stating the Altima would be out this summer, and the '07 Maxima would be later in the fall.
  • deerlake7deerlake7 Posts: 159
    I've read that Maxima deliveries start in July and the Altima will be December 1st. We'll see.
  • ehb5ehb5 Posts: 1
    An increasing amount of research has shown the importance of stability control. Will the '07 Altima make this safety feature available?
  • dat2dat2 Posts: 242
    I think I read on nissannews that the 07 Maxima would lose the 6 spd, shifting the availability to the Altima, which will have the upgraded 6 spd as standard equipment on both the 4 cyl and 6 cyl. That is my take on it at least. Seems like a good time to buy a leftover 06 6 spd Maxima since they seem to be available at dealers right now.
  • autoboy16autoboy16 Posts: 992
    especially since the 07 maximas are out...

ISTHONDA, have you looked at altima SE-R?
  • willsimwillsim Posts: 33
    I purchased an 05 Frontier last year with the 4.0 V6 and love the truck. I'm was planning on replacing my Neon with an 07 4 cylinder Altima but now am reconsidering due to the serious ongoing problems Nissan is having with this engine. Nissan is currently stopped the sales of the 4 cylinder Altimas. Reading the problems and solution Altima forum it appears that this engines has had problems since it was introduced in 02. A Honda or Toyota purchase may be in my future.
  • corvettecorvette United StatesPosts: 4,005
    I think it will be optional on the V6 models. Nissan is slow to market with standard safety features and their current lineup often requires the purchase of extensive option packages in order to get stability control.
  • I'm also curious about a release date/pricing. I don't need a new car but it would be nice to have. I looked at an 06 Altima SE R and liked it. I'm thinking of waiting closer to the release of the 07s for a better deal (that's how I got a great deal on my 99 Maxima), but I also may want an 07 myself.
  • laney674laney674 Posts: 1
    You may want to reconsider the Honda, and just go for the Toyota. I have a 2002 Honda Civic and spent over $2K replacing transmission parts. The car has a little over 70,000 miles and I bought it new. I was told by the Honda technician that Honda would not meet me 1/2 way to help me out with the cost because I had never brought it in for services such as oil changes, tire rotation, etc... I have done all those things but not with Honda. I read about other folks having problems with Honda transmissions which was quite surprising.
  • ray_h1ray_h1 Posts: 1,134
    laney674 get your owner's and warranty supplement manuals out and look up Honda's consumer hotline number. That tech is NOT the last word on what Honda will or will not cover. I guarantee you, there is NO requirement for dealer performed routine service for normal or extended warranty consideration, though you may be asked to present your receipts as evidence of timely service. (A little-known federal law, the Moss-Magnuson Act, guarantees that!) Honda has goodwilled transmission fixes well beyond the nominal warranty. And, yes, Honda automatic transmission problems are legendary.
  • bwiabwia Boston Posts: 1,060
    At least from the side profile the 07 Altima has a strong resemblance to the Infinti M35/45. That should be expected but that theme seems stale and ordinary...I will wait to pass judgement until I see the car in person.

I owned a 1998 Altima that I liked very much. At that time that designed looked fresh and way ahead of its time. Although the 2002 redesign was nice I still believe Nissan should kept that size and style of the 98 and create a new name for the 02.

Just my two cents but at my workplace I see a lot of the second generation Altima in the parking lots...And may I add that car was quick off the line and extremely reliable.
  • flightnurseflightnurse at 35K feetPosts: 1,524
    Ok I just bought a new 07 Versa and while at the dealer, they had several 07 Maxmia's on the lot. I was able to go and sit in them, MAN have they updated the interiors on them, they look very BMW like... The Maxima comes stantard with 255hp (down 10hp) and with the CVT transmission. ALso have have restyled the front end which IMHO looks so much better.. Lots of technology in the max for 07..

The 07 Altima will look like a cross between a G35 and M35 and will have as optional equipment what you get on those 2 cars.

I think nissan has gotten it right by offering options on cars that were only gotten on luxury cars but now can be had on cars that the average joe can buy...

Tony :shades: