Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2007 Nissan Altima

Comments

• ohionativeohionative Member Posts: 4
    It seems like the issue is a combination of the firmness of the seat and the pedal position - it seems like the brake pedal is too far up toward the seat from the gas pedal. The position for operating the accelerator is not comfortable for operating the brake. I have found a position that is bearable, but I still get out with a sore leg.
  • redjackalredjackal Member Posts: 8
    I believe I shifted at or almost 6000 rpm. I don't know anything about racing or rpms so I guess I didn't push it very much if the redline is where you need to push past.

Concerning the trunk button located at the trunk itself. I think it is the car doors being open that seems to prevent the trunk swith from working, not the engine itself being on. I wonder why that is.
  • redjackalredjackal Member Posts: 8
    I drive about 3000 miles a month (2.5 S) and I have had the sore leg syndrome too. I'm going to have to get something for the seat, LOL, with all the driving I do.
  • victrolajazzvictrolajazz Member Posts: 75
    "I believe I shifted at or almost 6000 rpm. I don't know anything about racing or rpms so I guess I didn't push it very much if the redline is where you need to push past."

I don't know what the torque peak on this engine is, but I know it's below 6,000 RPM, so revving above that is useless--you certainly don't want to go above, or even in, redline! That's why it's REDLINE!
  • carnut21carnut21 Member Posts: 38
    This sounds like a heat shield somewhere on the engine. I had a Toyota Corolla that done the same sound and it was a round heat shield on the back of the engine. You might have the dealer check to see if the Altima has one.
  • greanpea68greanpea68 Member Posts: 1,996

Concerning the trunk button located at the trunk itself. I think it is the car doors being open that seems to prevent the trunk swith from working, not the engine itself being on. I wonder why that is. >I believe I shifted at or almost 6000 rpm. I don't know anything about racing or rpms so I guess I didn't push it very much if the redline is where you need to push past.

sounds like you were driving a manual tranny....

On the trunk... If the car is in gear the trunk won't open

If you drop the remote in the trunk with doors open the trunk won't automatically open, if the doors are locked and you drop the remote in the trunk will pop open
  • bv050506bv050506 Member Posts: 97
    March 28 for me and 9,000 miles on it. Very pleased and get lots of looks and positive omments.
  • yuryyury Member Posts: 146
    well, i don't have a problem trusting message boards as far as i read more than one. plus in my experience if something gets repeated independently more than certain number of times it just may be true.
    anyhow, in my case I clearly saw the variation of the quality among different cars. that combined with the obvious problems on the brand new tester didn't look right to me.
    anyway, i got me an Accord instead.
  • jd10013jd10013 Member Posts: 779
    --you certainly don't want to go above, or even in, redline! That's why it's REDLINE!

unless you reprogram the ECM, you won't be able to. there's a rev limiter that will prevent you from reaching the redline.
  • ohionativeohionative Member Posts: 4
    As I have been driving my car, it seems that the issue would be solved if only the seat would go back a couple of inches more. Does anyone know if this is a possible alteration, perhaps with a custom interior shop or something like that?
  • bluenblondbluenblond Member Posts: 5
    I had the same armrest issue, had logged in this forum somewhere else in a related thread. The dealer ordered one for me and just had it replaced this week, it seems Nissan has made some change to it by adding a spring towards the back base of the unit, I think the older one didn't have the spring at the rear end. The great thing is that its covered and replaced for free so just go ahead and have it replaced.
    For reference its the whole top part/piece altoghter.
    Good Luck!

Atif Torontonian
    I couldn't open the trunk with the key as well, don't remember the circumstances but am gonna watch out for it now.
    There is a company called "Cobra", national chain I believe, that does interior modifications. Our dealer in Manchester TN uses them to add leather and they say it is cheaper than getting the Nissan option since you can get just the seats and not all the other options. I bet they could reposition the seat rails or modify slightly to give you some more room. I am assuming front to rear is what you need and not reclining. With front to rear room you might check with a local machine to see if they could help if an interior company can not.
  • newaltimaownernewaltimaowner Member Posts: 3
    Not sure if I'm too late responding to this message, but I've had my Altima for almost two months now, and it's very comfortable and reasonably priced (and from what I've heard, very reliable). My only issue is that I downgraded from my previous car, so I feel that it's a little on the boring side in terms of drive. But I get stopped a lot by people who like the look of the car. And if you purchase an '07 now, you can get a GREAT deal, since they're trying to get rid of them. And they're probably still having the financing specials (mine was 2.9% for 60 months). I was also able to get my car under invoice.
  • yuryyury Member Posts: 146
    it is too late, but thank you :)
    i decided against Altima and got an Accord instead.
  • keithlkeithl Member Posts: 106
    OK I am thihnking about an 07 Altima and trying to decide between the 2.5 SL loaded or the V6 SE Loaded. I have not driven the SE yet, I drove an 3.5 SL. I really woudl prefer the 2.5 to save some gas, but a few things I am worried about; the 2.5 SL while a great little performer the SL still feels a little soft handling aand I am a tad worried about Nissan's 4cyl past, seems hit and miss. Is the V6 SE going to handle much better? Is the SE steering as numb as the SL steering. Nissan seems to have made the Altima steering real numb, one of the major things really casuing me to hesitate. Also how the MPG people are getting in the V6 vs the 2.5? I come form a TL when I get about 22MPG on average with premium, I do mostly 45 minute commute in subruban ATL with 40-45 MPH sppeds and lights. Not really city, but far from HWY.

-
    The V6 is hard to beat. It has been in the Ward's top 10 engines for 11 or 12 years. The mileage is pretty good especially with the power. I have a aunt as well as a mother in law that have 07 Maxima's and they both love them. The 07 Altima V6 is a newer design than the Maxima but same basic engine I believe with just a few tweeks for more power. The 4 cylinder gets a little better mileage but the V6 is much more fun to drive.

If the money is not much different, i would go the V6. My wife has an 07 Murano SL V6 and I have an 05 Frontier V6 (4.0) and we have had Zero problems. My truck get about 22-23 and is rated at 19 and 21 but I drive it easy most of the time. The Murano get 23-27 depending on how/where we drive it.

Nothing against the I4, great engine, but the V6 is far more fun with little penalty and just asks to be driven hard when needed.

Either way, you win!
    I opted for the 3.5SE loaded, sticker was 30,545. Just about everything but NAV. I got rid of my '07 Camry because I didn't like the way it handled. I test drove all the Altima cars and while i liked the 2.5, it just didn't have the torque I'm used to. The 3.5 engine is a winner, especially when equipped with the CVT transmission! That is the greatest thing going IMHO. Mileage is better with the premium gas, but you can certainly spend less and it will run fine on regular, expect 27 to 30 with premium. The 2.5 says it will get over 35?!?!? It was very respectable for a 4 cyl. however in hustle. The SE handles very crisply, corners well, but not a lot of feedback. It's no Miata for sure. But very predictable, competent and smooth. You'll feel more pumps because of the stiffer suspension. The car handles very well on the highway at 80 mph. The base price is 24,500, but adding anything can run up the cost in a hurry. While the deals and low financing are strong, get the 3.5SE with some of the goodies. The premium package adds an immediate $4,400, but you get a bunch with it too. this is an awesome car and I can only hope your as satisfied as I am. Enjoy the ride!
  • ckwalkersckwalkers Member Posts: 6
    Hi - I have been having the same problem as you mentioned with your Altima. I have had mine since Dec 2006 and have experienced this problem for 8 months now. Its actually at the dealership right now as I type - I have found on Nissanhelp.com there are two service bulletins regarding problem (flywheel, selenoid, starter). The mgr at the dealership tells me because I used an aftermarket oil filter at a quick lube - whatever - I then showed him the two service bulletins which he surprised and will look into it further. There are several posts regarding this and its needs to be resolved. It sounds like there is no oil in the engine at startup?? Hope we get some help with this problem.
  • keithlkeithl Member Posts: 106
    Yeah I had an 07 Camry Hybrid, loved the 36 MPG around town, but ride was like a sponge. I was leaning toward I4 Altima loaded, but don;t trust the I4 from Nissan and the V6 is awesome, I plan on driving SE and SL back to back this weekend and am looking at a loaded SE for just over $29K as they are clearing out the 07's and offering 2.9% !!
    That's a great deal if you can get into it for $29K or less. 2.9% isn't bad either. I think you'll really like the way the SE handles, however the SL is more compliant with the bumps. Here in Michigan we have lots of tar strips and I tend to feel them in my SE. It wasn't as noticeable in the SL. Either way you'll be getting a car you'll really like. I haven't heard anything bad about the 4 cyl. but sounds like you may have. I've owned 3 Altima's now and 2 had the 4 cyl and I never had any problems. But the VQ3.5 is a real bawler engine with high regard in the industry. By the way, my V6 Camry was surprisingly quick, and with great mileage. Have fun with your search, and all the best.
  • amiramir Member Posts: 115
    i am thinking of buying the nissan altima 2.5sl with connection package.i have a few questions about the bose audio system. can anyone tell me if it lets u scroll through the mp3 playlist while listening to the song.like a song list. and does the garage door opener in altima have three button or just a single garage opener?
  • wasabi026wasabi026 Member Posts: 3
    Hi All,

I understand that typically a new car should have a break-in period where you should keep a minimum speed (below 60 I think) for the initial milage. The car sale guy told me that since the 07 Altima have the CVT technology it is not necessary. Is that correct? Can I really drive up to 70-80 mph like I typically do on the highway for those inital miles? Please help. :confuse:
    That is correct. However, the car still needs to be broken in. according to the owners manual, do not run the engine over 4000 rpm's, do not tow anything, and try to avoid driving for long distances at the same speed.
  • greanpea68greanpea68 Member Posts: 1,996
    understand that typically a new car should have a break-in period where you should keep a minimum speed (below 60 I think) for the initial milage. The car sale guy told me that since the 07 Altima have the CVT technology it is not necessary. Is that correct? Can I really drive up to 70-80 mph like I typically do on the highway for those inital miles? Please help.

Break in period is for the first 1000 miles. They want you to drive at various speeds get up to 80mph. They don't want you to use cruise control for the first 1000 miles because they want you to break the engine in at difeerant speeds. Also in case anyone was wondering there is no break in oil so first oil change is at 3750 miles. You do not have to change it after a 1000 miles!!!
  • rick1958rick1958 Member Posts: 1
    Upon startup, the engine 'surges' and makes a rattling sound, plus our MPG is <20 (should be 23-31 IIUC new EPA).

Dealer chacked things out, says nothing wrong, and says all the CVT 2.5's make this noise upon startup ... I think this is BS. Comments?
  • gwilsongwilson Member Posts: 46
    I am considering buy an 07/08 Altima and am wondering if the dealer can install a trailer hitch or where I can get one installed for this car. Not hauling anything large/heavy, just want it for my bike rack.

Any pics of an 07/08 with a trailer hitch? I am concerned about how it will look getting it from a non-dealer location. Anyone have any experience here?

Thanks
    there is an issue with cold start up on the altima's with the engines that adhere to california emmision specs. If you live in one of the 7 or so states that adhere to those specs, you may have that issue. the good news is, the fix is simple. just need the ecm updated.
  • goodkdgoodkd Member Posts: 9
    Can anyone comment as to how their blond cloth interior is holding up?

Thank you.
  • flightnurseflightnurse Member Posts: 2,217
    Well our 05 has Blond interior has we have no complaints, the car has almost 50K on it. It has help up very well.
    Thank you for the feedback. That is encouraging - althoug the 07 blond interior looks more plush and fragile. Any 07 input out there?
    I was told the same thing. Did 80 mph in mine on the way home:)
  • victrolajazzvictrolajazz Member Posts: 75
    Mine still looks perfect after 4,000 miles/nine months... ;)
    Nice! Did you use any fabric (scotch) guard or anything?
    Nope, mine's totally fine at 16000km for 07 2.5 SL Blue/Blonde
  • jaxs1jaxs1 Member Posts: 2,697
    What can you do without stopping? Can you use voice controls to enter and address by just using your voice to enter the street address?
    Can you have it find nearby gas stations and places to eat without stopping on the side of the road?
  • sjuhlkesjuhlke Member Posts: 1
    I just recently purchased a 2008 Altima 2.5 Coupe and I am experiencing the same problem. Did the dealer resolve your issue? If so, what was done to correct the problem?
    Thank you,
  • milkyway1milkyway1 Member Posts: 18
    Does the 07/08 Altima come with full size spare?
    I believe that if it has vehicle stability control it does. if you don't get that trim level you get the compact spare. The reason being that in order for that system to work properly the car has to have 4 tires the same size. You couldn't drive around with 3 tires 1 size and the forth much smaller.
    Yes it comes with a full size spare in the Vehicle Dynamic Control package. One really nice thing is it comes on a magnesium rim, so you have 5 total. Those are the only two things in that package VDC and full size spare, cost $900
  • reednerreedner Member Posts: 1
    Considering buying an Altima, but have a baby on the way so I've got some concers. Does anyone have experience with infant seats in the Altima? Easy to install or not?
  • jaxs1jaxs1 Member Posts: 2,697
    That means V6 or Hybrid since you can't get VDC with the 2.5 in any trim.
    Well, my kids don't need car seats anymore, but the altima is equiped with the universal child restraint lower anchor system, or LATCH. If you car seat doesn't support that system, you can use the seatbelts. as far as getting the seat in, as with any four door, it won't be a problem

If you want to know more about the LATCH system, just do a google search.
  • wasabi026wasabi026 Member Posts: 3
    Hi,

My question is regarding the stock tires that comes with the 2007 Nissan Altima, 3.5 SE. My Altima came stock with Bridgestones (not sure if every Altimas in different regions come w/ Bridgestones). After driving through some heavy rain and the first drive through some moderate snow, I felt some slip and unexpected drift. Just to let you know... I have VDC and I was driving around 50~60 mph. Does anyone have some good knowledge about Bridgestone tires or would like share about thier driving experiences w/ the stock tires?

Please let me know... I would like to make a decision in purchasing new tires before my area (NY) experiences heavy snow.

Thanks! :)

P.S. I have a full size spare... should I be getting 5 tires if I choose to change my tires? Also, would most tire speciality garage stores be able to install the tires so that the tire pressure sensors would still work (meaning I don't have to take my car to the Nissan dealership to get rip-off)?

Thanks Again :P
    P.S. I have a full size spare... should I be getting 5 tires if I choose to change my tires? Also, would most tire specialty garage stores be able to install the tires so that the tire pressure sensors would still work (meaning I don't have to take my car to the Nissan dealership to get rip-off)?

Yes, any tire store, or good general repair shop will be able to replace your tire. If I'm not mistaken, it only requires a certain tool to calibrate them.
  • alex34alex34 Member Posts: 8
    I also have the Altima 3.5 SE with the Bridgestone Turanza's EL400 tires. I have my car since last January so I did part of the winter last year with them on and it was not too bad (I live in Toronto), they were brand new at the time. But this year I bought a good set of snow tires. I would have bought the snow tires of regardless of the stock tires on the car since all season just don't do well with any type of snow accumulation. I found the stock tires to be a bit noisy and they appear to be wearing already during the summer months. I have 35,000 km on my car.

I recently did a google search on these tires and it was confirmed that they are not really the best quality of tire. Others have reported hard ride quality and fast wear with these tires. I definetly will look into a different type of tire when its time to change these ones. When it comes time to buy new tires I likely will not purchase a 5th tire, just to keep costs down.
  • c9milesc9miles Member Posts: 4
    I just bought a pre-owned 2007 Altima 3.5 SE with about 3500 miles on it. The car is running great except when I first start it after an hour or so duration, I am getting a single thump at about 10 mph. I don't hear anything after that or when restarting the car after a short period, only after it has been sitting for an hour or so. The noise is more pronounced in the morning after it has been sitting all night. I can hear the noise coming from the bottom of the car, and can feel it through the gas pedal...it almost sounds like something is engaging or being pulled back and springing into place.

Anyone have an idea what this might be? I'm going to take it to the dealer, but I'm not sure how to have them listen for it unless I leave it for a few hours, come back, and then have them check for it.

Thanks,
    Chad
  • jpolwortjpolwort Member Posts: 27
    I recently rec'd a letter from Nissan indicating similiar symptoms you are experiencing. Had something to do with the exhaust manifold, or something thereof. Nissan will replace, (if needed), the required parts. Further details are to arrive within 60 days (of when I got mine), about a week or so ago (first part of Dec. '07). I have not experienced this issue with mine.

- Jim :)
  • maricottmaricott Member Posts: 2
    I've got a 2007 Altima with a navigation system. It works great, except for one annoying feature.....I guess the brainiacks at Nissan decided that for the sake of safety, they would disable most of the menu features when the vehicle is in motion. While this seems like a good idea on the surface, they seem to have forgotten that many times there is a passenger in the vehicle who can operate it. Does any one know how to disable this feature so the menus will operate while the vehicle is moving.....

Thanks
  • altimaladyaltimalady Member Posts: 9
    I purchased a new 2007 2.5S Altima in February and over time I have noticed pin size orange rust spots on the body. Today I washed the car and noticed an increased amount of these rust spots all over. I"m completely devastated. It is my first import car purchase and have been loving the overall feel of the car but now I am worried. How can this happen to a new vehicle?? Is there anyone else with this problem? The colour that I have is Precision Grey. I'm going to call up my dealership and let them know of this problem and hope they do the right thing by fixing it. Rust is such a severe problem and I cannot afford to have my new vehicle rust from the outside in. :cry: ">