Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Dodge Durango

Comments

• basfs54052basfs54052 Member Posts: 1
    I am going to buy a 2002 4x4 durango. The tmv is 21,500 in my area, but with the new 5000 cash back, what is a fair price. Should i expect to get the vehicle for somwhere close to 16,500? this seems too good to be true.
  • djolleydjolley Member Posts: 10
    I am considering a Durango, Suburban, or Expedition. I am concerned about Safety, Reliability, Gas Mileage, and cost. I do not want anything older than a 1999 and my wife wants a third row seat. Any suggestions?
  • blh7068blh7068 Member Posts: 375
    "I have shopped local NJ dealers but if I take 60month zero finance option they
    are holding to MSRP pricing."

Unless they wont deal at all, or if its between purchase and lease, to me that sounds fishy. Having never leased a car, i dont know if that has an effect on a dealers "best price".

Zero % financing is offered by the manufacturer to YOU. What about if you took the rebate? would it be sticker less rebate? If you plan on buying a vehicle, whatever financial instrument you choose should not come into play as far as negotiating a deal is concerned. I have financed many a vehicle, and never have had a different price quoted to me as a direct result of what incentive I chose.
  • porknbeansporknbeans Member Posts: 465
    If I had the means and the need, I would choose the Suburban. The rear seating is more comfortable, the reliability is better and IMO the ride is better. The Expedition is way to top heavy for me unless you go with the redesign. The D is a fine vehicle, but (again IMO) not up to par with the Suburban.
    Porknbeans

Grand High Poobah
    The Fraternal Order of Procrastinators
  • dumbacedumbace Member Posts: 8
    We just traded a 1999 Durango that we bought new for a used 2001 Suburban and would never go back. The Dodge was a total POS and the dealers were often times worse. While we owned the Dodge (50K miles total) we had to replace the battery five times, the water pump twice, the power seat track, window motors twice, the washer pump, a blown freeze plug (how does this happen??) and was told that the balljoints were shot and that the transfer case was leaking. This car stranded either me or my wife and the kids on four different occasions and had to be towed each time. I had a dealer once tell me that even though it was under warranty they wouldn't fix a problem, but after I made a few idle threats they did and of course it resolved the issue we were having. Once it was out of warranty Dodge could not have cared less and hung us out to dry. It's funny but I could have lived with the truck even after all this if Dodge had put a little bit of effort into standing behind their product and helping us out with the repair bills. It was my first Dodge and it will be my last. I pity the fool who buys that Durango we traded in and I pity anyone who buys a new one. Pay attention to what the reliability reports and consumer ratings tell you. They don't suck for no reason.
  • ywilsonywilson Member Posts: 135
    Sorry for your troubles but I have just turned 80,000 miles on my D and I have had NO PROBLEMS whatsoever! This truck has been reliable beyond my imagination. I know others like me with Durango's that are also trouble free. You got one of the lemons that come out in all makes of cars. The Durango is a good vehicle that is solid. I would not classify you vehicle with all the others. No need to bash a good vehicle just because you are having problems.
    Based on what I see on other groups and overall dependability ratings, Dodge/ChryCo reliability is the pits. If you've got one trouble-free for 80K miles then you're just one of the lucky ones. And like I said in my previous post, I could have lived with the truck even with all its faults (even if I didn't really trust it any more) if Dodge as a corp would have shown at least a little good faith in dealing with me. That's the killer for me. It may be true that mine was worse than most but even if it was I'd expect SOMETHING from Dodge to keep me as a loyal, new car buying customer. The truck only had 50k miles for chissakes! The pain and heartache that junky truck caused me and my family won't soon be forgotten, nor will the bottom of the barrel customer service from Dodge themselves.
    It's all for the best though, as after driving the Suburban we can see now that the Durango is not even in the same class. I just wish my wife had been willing to drive the Chevy before we bought the Dodge :( Now I kick myself for being such an idiot and not even test driving another SUV (it was our first). The wife's mind was set though because she liked how it looked - oh well. The refinement, the ride and drive, even the gas mileage is better in the Suburban. It's roomier, brakes better and is even easier to get in and out of. Driving the Suburban after owning that Dodge was like going from a horse drawn wagon to a Cadillac limo. Unless the size is just too much for you, or you really can't afford the Suburban, there's no reason I can think of to get the Durango instead.
    In my research I have found that Chrysler corp (Chrysler, Dodge, and Jeep combined) Have fewer problems per 100 new vehicles retailed than Ford or Chev. While I did find that Durango is one of Chrysler's weak points. And if you only take Chrysler cars into the equation they are better than Honda. Ya thats right I said they have fewer problems than Honda. I think that stating that as a brand they don't stand behind their product is false. They are the only domestic offering a 7 year / 70,000 mile warranty. And I have also found that as of 2000 their durability test are to 200,000 miles. It sounds like they are doing all the right things to stand behind their product.
  • redjelloredjello Member Posts: 1
    In January 2001, we paid $750.00 to repair our 99 Durango due to "sludge" whatever that is. Was told the extended "useless" warranty we had did not cover this. It was our fault due to not getting oil changes. We presented all the paperwork that showed we did the proper things and still had to pay this out of pocket. We were not told this had happened to other Durangos. Now, my vehicle is doing it again - getting all the same warning signs and the Durango goes to the shop again tomorrow. What can I do???
  • rossdmrossdm Member Posts: 56
    Get it fixed, then sell it. That's what I did to my '99 D. After the power windows went out (again!), the A/C broke and the cruise control quit working, all within a few weeks of each other, I paid the $1500 to get it all fixed, then I sold it and bought a Honda Pilot.

I was fortunate not to have a problem (yet) with the infamous engine sludge, but I wasn't taking any chances. Too many other problems anyway. We liked the D, but it was just not holding up the way it should have. Reliability of these has been below average. The 7/70 warranty will NOT cover the sludge problem. Its coverage is so limited that it's practically useless unless you have a complete tranny failure.

We didn't need the large towing capacity (we tow only a small Jetski), so we bought the Pilot. So far it has been great. Same power, but rides much quieter and smoother.
    I bet your engine is the 5.2 liter. Sell it quick. This is a troublesome engine at times. Sludging is bad bad bad.
    People who get on the sites are complaining about problems with thier vehicles true. But, the majority do not write in about good things. I know alot of people with the D and they are like me. No problems. The majority do not write in about how good the reliability is. The people who write in are looking for help from someone who can resolve the issue. American trucks rule!!! I know for a fact they last better than car's (American). And if you think that Chevy's don't have problems you had better look around this and other boards before you make any decisions.
  • anonymous02anonymous02 Member Posts: 1,538
    What is this sludge thing?

I had a 78 Dodge Magnum with a 5.2 (318) motor, and the motor was about the best part of the whole thing! The body rot is what eventually did her in. The Lean Burn fuel injection was kind of lame, and I think it was electrical problems which finally drove me to sell her.
    Ever wonder why Dodge had to go to the 7-70 warranty? The same reason Hyundai has the 10-100 powertrain warranty. The reliability is so bad that many people wouldn't buy without them throwing in the (extended) warranty to sweeten the deal. It's also why BMW throws in free scheduled maintenance for the first four years (because it's expensive). People see this stuff and think 'Oooh, isn't that nice' without really considering why the manufacturer is forced to do it. They can make the warranty good for a million years but when you're hitching rides to work and they try and weasel out of the fix, that warranty starts to look pretty useless.
    Hey djolley, can you point us to the information you found that indicates ChryCo products are more reliable than Honda's? I bet Dodge's PR department could make good use of that data.
  • jglackinjglackin Member Posts: 164
    I think the ratings to which Djolley is referring are Consumer Reports 2002 Buyer's Guide quality study. If memory serves me correctly, they rated both Honda and Toyota at either 18 or 19 problems per 100 vehicles. The entire DaimlerChrysler Group, minus Dodge Truck (sorry Djolley), was rated at 22 per 100. Dodge truck was about 24. All of the other American products were either flirting with 30 or over, including truck brands. This is not a reliability study, just an initial quality study designed to show that no vehicle is ever "problem free". Just a note for those of you who have sold, traded, or otherwise disposed of your dissatisfying Durangos - why do you still post here? Couldn't you use your time better by engaging in discussion about your new "perfect" vehicles? Good Luck.
    Good point. A few stay in just to "sour the milk" as it were. I enjoy my D greatly. I drive for most of my vacations and it has been from North Carolina coastline to Cape Cod. I do alot of fishing (salt water) and I have never had a problem. Well once I did, I cut one of the Goodyear sidewalls while off-roading. The truck is strong, reliable, comfortable and as my buddy put it "not too big and not too small". I synthed mine out totally when I bought her new so the wear on mechanics is at a minimum. She still drives like new. I replaced my shocks recently with the Monroe Sensatracs and I have to say the ride has smoothed out substantially. I will enjoy this truck for years to come. I am trying for the 300,000 mile mark. If I could do it in a SAAB turbo I know I can get it in this vehicle. Tune and lube is the key. Enjoy the D.
    See http://www.cars.com/carsapp/national/?srv=parser&act=display&tf=/advice/bestworst/ mostdepend/most_dependable_2001.tmpl. Ford, Lincoln and Mercury make the list, as does Cadillac, Buick and Olds. Nowhere is Chrysler, Dodge or Plymouth. I wonder why? Oh, and Honda is sixth overall. Take a gamble and buy a Dodge, just be sure you know what you're getting yourself into first. Who know's, maybe you'll get lucky.
    I believe it was consumer reports, but it also could have been JD Power. Honda was 24 or 25, and Chrysler cars were as you said 22. Toyota was the Benchmark. But I do believe the Dodge truck was a little higher. It may have even been a 2001 study. But Chrysler cars definately were 2 points below Honda. And Honda was nowhere in the vicinity of Toyota.
  • christalynnchristalynn Member Posts: 1
    A few months ago I bought a beautiful used 2000 Durango SLT PLUS 4wheel drive. I think it has the 4.7 engine, definitely not the 5.9. I would welcome suggestions from any of you happy Durango owners (I'm sure there are some out there) about any fuel additives, after-market parts/accessories, etc. to keep my Durango running great. I also need to get a tow package since I'll be pulling a horse trailer. Also, should I purchase an extended warranty given all the problems these trucks can have? Incidentally, I absolutely love this truck, it kicks butt and plows through snow and is WAY cooler than a minivan! Thanks for your help!
    Congrats on your D. The first thing I would do is to switch out all the fluids and replace all the filters. I would only use synthetic fluids (oil, differentials, transmission and transfer case). I use all synth in my 2000 4.7 and I now have 81,000 + miles with no problems whatsoever. I use Mobil 1 5w30 motor oil, Mobil 1 synthetic 75w90 gear lube for the differentials. For the transmission and transfer case I have Amsoil Universal that exceeds the regular fluid the dealer uses in all aspects. Yes the synthetics will cost you more but I do oil changes at 5-6000 miles instead of 3000. The synthetics last alot longer and protect your engine better. I use the Amsoil synthetic oil filters as well. They do a much better job filtering out deposits in your oil, IMHO. Have your brakes done, front and rear and have the vehicle gone over real well. I do these things when I buy used and this will catch or nip in the bud any problems that might occur because of maintanance issues. Also, switch out the power steering fluid. I know that alot of people don't do it but replacing a steering assembly can be costly. I err on the side of caution and put the clean fluid in. It will flush out any impurities that might be there. After all this you should be good to go for quite awhile.
    Stay away from regular additive use. No oil or other addy's. Today's fuels and oil's do not require this. To do a clean of the injectors put in a bottle of Techron in an empty tank and then fill. This will do the job in case you really do need it.
  • beagles3beagles3 Member Posts: 132
    I agree, it's so funny how the press promotes car manufacturer's because they all somehow end up with some award or prestigious JD Power, etc... award and how can people like Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep keep winning these when their reliablity ratings are so low?
    What reliability awards have Chrysler, Dodge or Jeep won? Here's a related link: http://www.detnews.com/2002/autosinsider/0212/18/a01-38029.htm
    I bought my 98 Durango at 18k and now have 40k on it. I do not subscribe to changing to synthetics, just to doing the services listed in the owner's manual. I have been problem free since I bought mine. I would definitely suggest a warranty - a Chrysler Service contract. These tend to be the easiest to use at dealerships as a whole (I work at one). Also, make sure you get a MOPAR tow group put on the truck, and get it covered under you warranty too. Hopefully you looked into the towing ability first. Your truck, assuming the 4.7L V8, offered 2 rears, a 3.55 and a 3.92. They can tow 4250lbs. and 5500lbs. respectively. Please make sure you know which one you have. If you are not sure, I'll tell you how to find out (if you don't have the original window sticker).
  • beagles3beagles3 Member Posts: 132
    To clarify, over the years, Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep/GM/Ford have specific models that appear in magazines, commercials, etc.. and seems funny that if their overall customer satisfaction/reliability have been an issue, that Best in class, voted Best in overall Initial quality, etc...I don't have something in from of me,but, I bought Ford, Dodge and GM for years, and MOST of the time I ended up with heartache because of repetitive quality and dealer issues. I currently drive a Toyota product and I know that they are not perfect either,but, these days it seems that it's a safer bet to go with Honda/Toyota because of less reliability issues to deal with. Since vehicles now cost upwards of $30K, I need to feel like I can afford to own for 5-10 years without too many problems.
    I can tell you that I have been selling new Chryslers and Jeeps (new and used) for a little over 3 years now. Part of my daily routine is to consult the service schedule to find out which, if any, of my customers are in for service. If I do not make personal contact, I make certain to read the repair order myself. Yes, I do have a small handful of customers who have had more than their share of issues with their vehicles, but for the most part (about 85-90% of the visits) are routine, preventive, or inspection related. I have seen some of you use the word "useless" when referring to a warranty. This also seems confusing. Part of the sales process is your selection of the warranty appropriate for your specific type of vehicle. Purchasing a Powertrain warranty on an SLT Plus Durango leaves a good bit of the vehicle uncovered - it would be a bad recommendation, unless made only for budget purposes.
    I am not sure why most of the people here only seem to have negative things to say. Listen, if you are reading this, own a Durango, love it (like most Durango owners), take 2 minutes, log in, and post a message. Thanks.
    I have been posting here for awhile and I love my D. 81,457 miles and the only problem I have had was to replace the fan clutch this morning. NO other problems to report. After owning SAAB's, VW's, Ford's I can say that this is the most reliable vehicle I have owned. I like the way it drives and I like the way it hauls when I need it to. Great vehicle!!! And yes, I would definitely get another!!!
  • twofilmtwofilm Member Posts: 1
    After much research, I bought a 1999 Durango 5.9 litre and so far I LOVE this vehicle. It handles well on turns, is comfortable to drive, and handles like a big sports car. The only downside I find with the D is that it has to be carefully driven down mountain roads or it can get out of control quickly. The last car I owned was a Toyota 4 runner and got 275,000 miles on it before it needed an overhaul. It was underpowered and that is not a problem with the D.
    I am changing oil and other fluids on a very regular basis but have not gone to synthetics yet.
    Still not sure they are worth the extra money. Any comments?? As of 10,000 miles into the D,I would definitely get another one.
    Thank you both...I am sure there are more of us reading, but not writing...

twofilm, I, personally don't believe in synthetics. Just get your hands on the owners manual and follow the required maint. (and the recommended maint. the makes sense to you)
    I had a SAAB 9000Turbo. At 285,000+ miles I still had the original turbo. My mechanic was always amazed until I told him I was using the synth's. They don't break down like dino oil does. I like the extra protection and after having used it in all my previous 4 bangers with no problems, I was convinced. Yes, it may be overkill for some but I have proved it to myself that it is worth the extra protection so I am sticking with it. I keep my cars/trucks till they die so if I can get 300,000+ out of my D then I will be really happy. The 4.7 liter motor is awsome. I am going to enjoy this truck for a long time. I have 82,000 miles now and it is only 2.5 years old. Still running like new!
    Has anyone had a chance to see a 2004 D? I have heard it is going to be a larger vehicle that will be based on the new Ram. I don't know about you all, but I like the present size of the Durango. I bought it for this particular size. "Not too big, not too small". If the front is a match for the new Ram, I think I will be buying older D's from now on.
  • boredbored Member Posts: 300
    The Durango is not going to be any larger, based on Exterior dimensions. Interior dimensions are going to be up about 24%, due to an extended wheelbase. It's supposed to be announced at the NAIAS.

It will no longer be based on the Dakota platform, but will now have its own. The HEMI V8 will also be available. It's not based on the Ram.
  • beach15beach15 Member Posts: 1,305
    Here's a link to tons of pics of cars unveiled at the Detroit Auto Show:

http://www.autonews.com/files/2003_detroit/03detroitshowart/

Go here for the brand new Durango. The pictured RT Hemi is really hot!

http://www.autonews.com/files/2003_detroit/03detroitshowart/Dodge/Durango/

• diploiddiploid Member Posts: 2,286
    It's beautiful! I am impressed. Out of the 3 American brands, it seems as if Chrysler/Dodge design their cars much better.

But those taillights have got to go. I can also see the Jeep Liberty influence on the overall silhouette.
    I saw it on the Durangoclub web site. Man I am going to keep my 2000 D and pick up one of these after a year or 2 so they can work out the bugs. I love the look!! This is great. It seems that DChry, is really coming into thier own! I will definitely keep my eye on them for other vehicles coming down the line.
  • lak06lak06 Member Posts: 1
    Can anyone tell me what extended warranty is the best for both the most comprehensive coverage and the best price?
  • magpie64magpie64 Member Posts: 6
    I CURRENTLY LEASE A 2000 DURANGO SLT +.PAYING $372 A MONTH FOR 36 MONTHS.DEALER CALLED ME TO CHECK OUT A NEW ONE.THEY WANT $450 A MONTH AND $1500 DOWN FOR THE SAME TRUCK NOW.EVEN WITH THE $1000 LEASE CASH AND $2500 LEASE LOYALTY.WHATS THE DEAL?HE TELLS ME THE LEASE PROGRAMS STINK NOW!!!NOW I'M IN A PICKLE.ANYBODY KNOW IF ANY PROGRAMS STARTING IN FEBRUARY OR MARCH?? ANY INFO WOULD BE HELPFUL BEFORE I RESORT TO LEASING AN EXPLORER...THANKS,MIKE
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Please, hold the caps - it's hard to read.

Check out the Lease Questions - Ask Here discussion too.

Steve, Host
  • clydesdale_4clydesdale_4 Member Posts: 1
    I'm currently negotiating with my local dealer on a '98 SLT w/ 5.2, power d/w/l/driver's seat, 3rd row, tint, infinity/cd audio, luggage rack, etc. w/ 36k miles. Drove it and it seems tight and responsive, while a thorough inspection revealed no issues inside or out. It seems like a really solid piece.

My only concern is that the on-line consumer feedback I've seen is very mixed. Owners either love it or it's been a nightmare with regards to reliability, especially '98 & '99 models. I asked the dealer for the vehicle's service history, which he promptly provided. The only issue was and instance of not starting on a cold morning at approx. 30k miles, requiring an adjustment to the throttle body and cleaning the injectors. There were no other occurrences, except for routine maintenance.

One particular item that I've seen in various consumer posts is a tendency for the rear axle gears to fail with approx. 55k - 60k on the odometer. Can anyone comment on this and perhaps shed further light on it or any other common maladies for the D?? In addition, would an extended warranty be a wise investment and, if so, are there any preferred/recommended warranty providers?

The bottom line is that I really do like the vehicle and I'm just about ready to pull the trigger on the deal, but I'd like some honest feedback first to be sure this is the right way to go.

Thanks!!

p. s. For what it's worth, the negotiated price currently sits at $15050.00
  • porknbeansporknbeans Member Posts: 465
    IMO, the D is a vehicle that runs hot and cold. What I mean is that even after making them for several years there still seems to be a few vehicles every year that turn out to be lemons. Some people (myself included) have had more than their share of problems. Others here on the board, like ywilson, have had absolutely no problems. I like my truck, but I'm frustrated with the reliability and miscellaneous rattles and squeaks. I have had to replace the rear differential along with the front upper and lower ball joints. I've also had other problems, but you asked specifically about the rear end. I would recommend getting the extended warranty. I would also take a look at new if you can swing it. Here in Madison I saw in the paper brand new D's going for $23k, plus special financing and longer warranty. Good luck and let us know what you choose.
    Porknbeans

Grand High Poobah
    The Fraternal Order of Procrastinators
  • 1badsidekick1badsidekick Member Posts: 135
    Hey all, I'm soon to be in the market for a new car, trading in my '98 Suzuki Sidekick Sport in on something bigger and more powerful, and the durango is definitely that. What problems have been had? How has gas milage been? Any recalls, TSBs that were major? I'm mainly looking at the '01s and newer. Any suggestions? Anything to look at during inspection or watch/listen for during the test drive? Any info will be appreciated!!
    I love my Durango. I have just turned 87,000 miles on a 2000 SLT I bought new. The only problems I have had is I replaced my rotors at 85,000 miles and had the fan clutch replaced. Other than that I have had absolutely no problems. Now that we have all this snow I went out for a couple of hours yesterday driving around and never got stuck. I have nothing but good things to say about this truck. I will have it for 10 years I know. If you are getting a used or new on I would make sure you get the 4.7 liter engine if you are not going to tow frequently. A little better on gas mileage but just as powerful and more reliable IMHO than the 5.9. Happy hunting for your new D.
  • linettezlinettez Member Posts: 1
    I didn't read all the complaints, but the ones I read didn't address the problem that I have. Doesn't anyone else have this problem? I bought my 2002 Durango with the impression that it had a recycle air option. The salesman showed me which button it was, but didn't bother to tell me it didn't work when it is cold. Maybe he didn't know. I've had the dealer check it out several times, and after putting in a new part they fineally told me there was nothing they could do, because that was the way it is designed. Fine! but they should have told me that it didn't work all the time. I've owned Honda's, Mitsubishi's Pontiac's and the recycle air option worked just fine on all of them, summer and winter. Is there anything that I can do, or anyone I can complain to about this. I emailed "Dodge" and they basically told me the same thing, that is the way it is designed. The recycle air option is very important to me because I have a lot of allergies. I would not have purchased it, had I been told it did not work all the time.
    I also filed a complaint with NHTSA but it really is not a safety issue, but a deceptive advertising issue!
    Help! I'm stuck with this for another 6 years.
    Linette
  • smarg1smarg1 Member Posts: 1
    I'm in the same boat as porknbeans. I have a 98 SLT (loaded) with 54k and in the last 3 months have replaced the radiator,waterpump,rear and the trans is currently being worked on. I had more reliable vehicles in the 70's. Trans was "fixed" but still have a hesitation (often bucks) when shifting from 1st to 2nd. Trans shop is looking into this now. The 98 is not high on the reliability list. I have been offered about $10.5k for trade in. My advice is to stay away from the 98-99 models. Odds say your only asking for trouble in the long run.
    I just turned 90,000 miles on my D and am happy to report all is well. The only problems I have had are new rotors at 85,000 and a new fan clutch. Everything else is working fine. I am going to put her in the shop for a good going over but I am happy as heck that this truck has done so well. It has been more reliable that any other car I have owned. I will be keeping this one for awhile!!!
  • bougionibougioni Member Posts: 2
    I have a 2001 SLT+ 4.7L Love it! I'm not going to do the conversion but gas is at .80/Litre in Toronto right now, any word about a hybrid program or diesel engines from DC for the next generation of this truck??
    I have heard that DC was working on a hybrid but don't hold your breath. All others have dropped the idea of a hybrid and reasonably so. They cannot justify the cost to make one that would be affordable as well as maintainable. However, I have heard they may consider diesel engines in the future. Cummings comes to mind since the already put them in the pickups. I could really go for diesel myself. The US is finally getting themselves together and going to get all the sulphur content out of the diesel. Clean diesel would make a big difference. No bad smelling fuel and no bad smelling fumes.
  • davidinalexdavidinalex Member Posts: 2
    Hi everyone,

I bought a new 2003 D SXT about a month ago, and I am very impressed with it. The V-8 and 5 speed auto work well together, and I am finding myself pushing down harder (not to get it moving, but actually to pass little sports cars :-). It has great performance and GREAT looks (my neighbor bought a new Honda Pilot about the same time, and even though he has a brand new design, it looks boring compared to my new D).

Anyway, I have one concern. It is not really a pressing concern, and it can wait till the first service. My clutch fan for the radiator seems to be sticking on when the engine is cold. I have a very loud rushing of air/noise from engine cold start, then it goes away. I know it is the clutch fan, but thought it should be fully engaged mostly during hot weather...Anyone know if it is sticking or operating correctly?? Myself and my neighbors would like to know.

Thanks in advance. David
    This is normal. When cold it seems the fan blows quite loud. It will settle down in about 3 minutes after you take off. I have a 2000 SLT 4.7 liter which I believe your engine is as well. Mine has done it since it was new. 3 years now and 91,000 plus miles. I believe with my continuing maintanance I will get 300,000 out of my D. At least I am going to try.

>8^)>
This discussion has been closed.