Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Honda Accord Coupe Exterior Problems

greggo1greggo1 Member Posts: 13
edited July 2014 in Honda
I broke my driver's side mirror glass. Everything else is fine. Can I just buy an adheasive glass to fit the frame> I don't need or want the whole unit. Thanks, Greg

Comments

• msgivnzmsgivnz Member Posts: 5
    Just bought an '04 EX Coupe (tonight) and didn't realize the passenger door lock "button" is missing. Power locks still work. Any idea if this is an expensive fix?
  • midnightcowboymidnightcowboy Member Posts: 1,978
    Most cars no longer have a passenger Key hole. Some no longer have a trunk keyhole.
    I have a 2005 Honda Accord Coupe.

Very nice car, but it dents very easily. I guesss Honda saved a little weight by making the metal thin.

Be very very careful if you don't want dents.

Cheers,

MidCow
  • desertmom99desertmom99 Member Posts: 19
    Has anyone with an Accord Coupe have the problem that I am having? Water seems to collect on the driver's side of the front windshield (after using the windshield wiper and spray or after it rains) and when driving (usually at freeway speeds), water will splatter back up onto the windshield in a fan pattern. I have never had this happen with any other vehicle and it's driving me nuts. Of course, the dealer is not able to reproduce this and I can't figure out what is happening. Any thoughs?

Thanks.
    There is kind of a through that the windshield wiper blades nestle in. It is probably 3/8 inch deep and has small drain like slots at the end . Examine you wiper blade through and make sure it is not plugged up.

Good Luck,

MidCow
  • desertmom99desertmom99 Member Posts: 19
    Hi MidCow,

You're talking about the black strip with the slots that are only on the driver's side? I should check that to make sure they are not plugged up, right? I don't think they are. I think that the water is collecting somewhere in that general area but I can't figure out where. The dealer told me it's normal, even though they could not recreate it. I'm assuming that no other coupe owner is having the same issue?

If this area is not plugged up, what do you recommend I do? Also, when I use the spray and windshield wiper, I keep having to use the wipers because water keeps splattering on the windshield. I am used to spraying and wiping once and having a clean windshield.

Thanks for your help.
  • temj12temj12 Member Posts: 450
    I have an '05 Accord Coupe and mine does that. I usually wash the windshield when I am sitting still. I don't see it as a problem. When I am moving, the spray moves back on the driver window. I don't like it but it is not a big problem to me. I am sure it is the way the car is designed.
  • macpappy99macpappy99 Member Posts: 3
    Took the wife's 05 Taffeta White coupe into get washed this morning. One the back bumper there is what looks like water stains. We tried, but they will not scrub out. Anyone have any idea what it could be?
  • accordguy0325accordguy0325 Member Posts: 169
    I had an 03 Accord LX in Tafetta white that also stained easily- which I believe was just dirt coming out of seems/gaps around the body when it rained....

Use a liquid clay bar- that should clean it up nice- and put a good coat of wax on afterwards...

I also had a paint chipping/peeling issue around the edge of the hood, corners of the front fenders, and the A pillars... Do you have this issue as well ?
  • daver321daver321 Member Posts: 2
    I just bought my first foreign car, the 2006 Honda Accord Coupe i4. It is red. I need to buy touch -up paint at any auto parts store. It costs too much at the dealer. Where is the paint code located? Where can I find what color it represents? Is there clear coat on my Honda also?

Edmund's.com, the auto info site, says the 2006 Accord Coupes were Redondo Red Pearl. The salesman told me it is San Marino Red. The paperwork he gave me says Bordeaux Red.
    Which one might it be?
    Thank You All
  • limaguy79limaguy79 Member Posts: 5
    If you arent too dinged up try getting the dealer installed body side moldings. They def. help but then again with a door the bulges out a little, help is all that can be expected. Good luck.
  • limaguy79limaguy79 Member Posts: 5
    try using the Honda website. www.honda.com In there you can find a model library for the last 5 years. It'll have colors, trim levels and specs on your vehicle.
This discussion has been closed.