Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Toyota Camry Bluetooth Questions

15678911»

Comments

• aimersaimers Member Posts: 1
    I just bought a 2009 Toyota Camry without navigation system and I have an Iphone 3GS. I know that my phone has Blue tooth on it, but it will not connect with my car. I have a LE Camry. Does anyone know how to do this??? The manual is very vague. The only controls on my steering wheel are for the audio controls. However, I have the microphone in my car and I can see the bluetooth signal on the radio screen (not lite up) Any help would be so appreciated, I have been trying to figure it out for days!
  • webwarriorwebwarrior Member Posts: 1
    Let me throw a spanner in the works.

Just got new Hybrid camry. Clicked the connect to phone button, after swithcing bluetooth on, from my Samsung galaxy SII.

Worked first time, and everything worked, but I have not tested all the menus.

Ok, but.........

I tried connecting my wife's Samsung Galaxy SII (same phone model) to it, with no avail.

Could it be: once paired with a phone, then will not pair with another phone.
    Could the Bluetooth on my wife's phone be faulty, as factory defect?

I will try to debug this problem further, and do the process of elimination.

try other bluetooth headsets with my wifes phone, try other phones, etc.
  • karmadillokarmadillo Member Posts: 1
    We have a 2011 Camry Hybrid (base model).
    The dealer paired my wife's Android phone up with the car when she collected it. It has worked without issues since.
    I paired my iPhone up as a Bluetooth audio player and then later that day as a phone. I successfully made calls with it. It has not worked since that day.
  • ryeendryeend Member Posts: 1
    I am experiencing the exact same symptoms on my 2010 Toyota Camry SE.
    Toyota have replaced two new radios and I am still experiencing the same problems as bonnie.
    Bonnie, was your problem ever resolved?
    Thanks
  • jkimmelljkimmell Member Posts: 1
    Hi
    I have a 2009 Camry and had a hard time pairing my Palm Centro, but I finally researched online and found a trick that worked. It works now, but now I am contemplating getting a new phone. I tried to pair my brother's Motorola droid and it would not pair. I don't want to buy a phone that will not pair with my car.
    When I looked at the website to see which phones were compatible, it only listed old phones. Does anyone know if the new phones pair? I know it said Toyota was working on getting the iphone to work, but I think I want a droid. Thanks!
  • bonniejbonniej Member Posts: 5
    No.. I never had the problem resolved..went up the the president of the company.. he said he would buy me a bluetooth to put on my visor.. I gave up after that.. so yes I'm one of the millions of people driving and talking in the car. with my phone held close to my ear..

I hope the eventually have a fix, but I am doubtful.
  • darryl01darryl01 Member Posts: 2
  • darryl01darryl01 Member Posts: 2
    I just purchased an iPhone 4S and I have paired it with the Bluetooth in my 2011 Camry LE. I have installed several different GPS apps on my iPhone and they all have the same problem: the voice guidance will not play through the audio system unless I have it set on AUX and also have streaming audio like Pandora already playing. If the GPS app is on by itself, the voice directions will not come through. I know this is a Bluetooth problem because I have paired with the Bluetooth on a 2012 Camry rental car and it works as it should. Am I missing some setting?
  • cumberbunklecumberbunkle Member Posts: 1
    darrl01,
    You are not missing a setting! I have the EXACT same issue with my iPhone 4G! How I discovered this was when I realized that my phone was no longer alerting me when I received new messages (text/email/tweets/FB and sometimes even VM). I used to work for a local Toyota dealership and am somewhat of a tech-geek and spent time fiddling with the systems or I would have to help a customer pair their phone, etc...
    Which GPS app are you using? I have GPS Drive Motion X and the nav voice (that I paid extra for!) won't play AT ALL now!

I called Apple yesterday and they were able to at least identify the culprit, the cause of this inconvenience is a little bugger is the A2DP (http://www.mobileburn.com/definition.jsp?term=A2DP). The Apple tech helping me didn't really understand too much about it and, well, that makes two of us! She did say that it had something to do with the iOS 5.0 but didn't mention if this A2DP mess will be remedied next month with the release of iOS 5.1 (http://news.cnet.com/posts/?keyword=iOS+5.1). The culprit and its nasty side-affect are literally driving me NUTS!!">link title

Have you been able to get your situation with the iPhone solved?
  • rctolanrctolan Member Posts: 6
    The Garmin GPS Nuvi 2460LMT uses bluetooth to monitor the TCH through the OBDII port. Does that mean that a cell phone using bluetooth for voice will not work through the TCH's speakers/mike? The security alarm on the TCH has been disabled by a plug in the OBDII port. What happens when this is removed to connect the Ecoroute HD cable? And finally are there any warrantee issues using the OBDII port? Any experiences? Advice?
  • dhmarcusdhmarcus Member Posts: 2
    Had the same problem in my 2010 Camry with my BlackBerry 9930.
    Saw another posting which recommended REBOOTing my device...thank goodness...IT WORKED!!! :)
  • pn2144pn2144 Member Posts: 2
  • pn2144pn2144 Member Posts: 2
    I have a 2010 Toyota Camry and when I use the Bluetooth feature, it will display the phone number whenever some calls me. I have a Samsung Galaxy S2 cell phone. Is there a way instead of displaying the number it can display the person's name. I tried using the "send namecard via" bluetooth option, but it failed.
  • waynecheungwaynecheung Member Posts: 2
    You can go into the Contacts Settings and click Transfer Contact. Your phone should be prompted to grant access to transfer contacts.
  • waynecheungwaynecheung Member Posts: 2
    Hi,
    I have a Camry 2010 XLE. I used to have a HTC Touch Pro 2 with Windows Mobile 6.5. After I transferred all the contacts, every contact can be recognized via voice command (e.g. Dial by Name->"Home"->Found contact) without recording any voice tag. Recently, I have switched to Google Nexus S with Android 4.04 and re-added all the contacts. The system can no longer recognize any name in the contact anymore unless I explicitly record voice tag for them (pretty limited since I can only store 20 voice tags). Have anyone experience this before? Does anyone know if this is a problem in Camry's voice recognition system or Android?
    Any help will be appreciated, I have been searching this issue on the web like few weeks now :)
    Wayne
  • billypwilliambillypwilliam Member Posts: 4
    Just bought a 2012 Camry LE. Salesman showed me how to connect my LG(Virgin Mobile)VM670D cellphone and downloaded all my contacts etc. Looked good, until I drove off and got 2 blocks away and the contacts all disappeared! Complained to salesman and brought car back in and he couldn't get it to work either.Suggested to go to Service dept. They sent me their IT guy and he played with it for 40 minutes or so, and blamed the cellphone as not being compatible! He then demonstrated that his (old junker) cellphone worked perfectly! hard to believe that my Android phone wouldn't perform.
    Eventually a few days later,I was able to download contacts,install a few speed dial numbers,and then drove off and the contacts vanished again,but the speed dial numbers stuck. Any ideas?Do I have to buy a new phone or is there something wrong with the Camry memory?
  • ewkidewkid Member Posts: 5
    edited May 2012
    Contacts and the numeric dial pad are not available while the car is in motion. Only the speed dials are available while the car is in motion. If the contacts are not there while the car is stopped then that is a problem.
    Yes, I understand that the dial pad isn't available while the vehicle is in motion, but when stopped, the dial pad comes up, then when interrogating the "contacts" pad, it says that "no contacts have been loaded" "do you want to download the contacts?"Then, after saying "yes", it goes thru the motions of downloading the contacts and when its completed, it shows that "0" contacts have been downloaded. That seems to be the problem as I see it.My cellphone provider(Virgin Mobile) says that my phone is not able to transfer contacts, but yet it has in fact transferred them several times, but they don't seem to stay in the Camry Radio memory.
  • sidhdsidhd Member Posts: 2
  • sidhdsidhd Member Posts: 2
    Hi
    I have a 2012 Toyota Camry SE
    I use an iPhone 4s

Scenario 1
    Bluetooth Off
    Iphone plugged to USB
    Using iPod i am able to listen to music.....(Song gets played and I am able to listen to it)
    In this case I am not able to use my phone

Scenario 2
    Bluetooth On
    Iphone connected in USB
    I am able to use the phone and listen songs from bluetooth

in iPod the song gets played but I am NOT able to listen to music
  • ehannanehannan Member Posts: 1
    I have the same car and I'm having the same problem. They will all be there and then they go away. If I hit transfer contacts I will end up getting a max of 4 numbers in there. Please let me know if/how you fixed yours.
    Hi:Sorry for the delay but I have been out of town for a while.
    I haven't been able to fix the issue, but I have narrowed down the apparent problem a bit.
    Apparently when the Camry sits overnight, I am able to successfully transfer ALL (200+)of the contacts from my Virgin Optimus cellphone(automatically).
    I can drive around all day,as long as I don't shut off the engine,and the contacts will remain in place.That was the condition where I was able to install my 15 Speed Dial numbers successfully.
    After I have shut off the engine, the Speed Dial numbers remain in memory ok, but the "Names" are blanked out, and the speed dial phone numbers remain ok, even when the phone contacts have vanished.
    I strongly believe that there is a problem with the memory retention in the Camry Radio system.Its sad that Toyota won't expend some effort to research this problem as it appears to be a minor software problem that should be able to be fixed and make a lot of owners happy.What Cellphone do you use?
    I ended up purchasing a Iphone 4!
    It connected up easily and all of my contacts arrived on screen and I am now happy!
    Expensive fix.
  • chipperjoneschipperjones Member Posts: 1
    my 07 cam doesn't have bluetooth :cry: but i use a simple link title and aux cable....was thinking about checking out the link title, anyone use something similar?
  • dsherbondsherbon Member Posts: 1
    I bought my camry in July and haven't had any problems with the bluetooth until yesterday. When i dial out, I cannot hear anything. I can't hear it ring on the other end or the person when they answer their phone. My phone is working fine. I just wonder if something got messed up. I have an HTC 1X and I don't think the problem is with the phone. Please let me know if you have any suggestions! Thank you! Dawn Sherbon
  • kjsparrow2000kjsparrow2000 Member Posts: 1
    I have the samsung galaxy s . It will connect sometimes, but 4 times out of 10 it will not connect and I get the message connection failed. I have taken it to the dealership to be looked at. They say it works fine. They even had the tech bring his own personal phone and it worked. I am wondering if I need to get a different phone or is this a bluetooth problem with Camery. This is a brand new car 0 miles when purchased. I need help .
  • ammarinvammarinv Member Posts: 7
    edited December 2012
    I have a 2012 Camry SE, I was able to pair my Samsung Feeform III to the bluetooth system, but I am only able to transfer only 12 contacts. Does anyone know how to transfer all of them?

I have about 100 contacts in my phone... not sure why it is only download 12 contacts...
  • raycldimeraraycldimera Member Posts: 1
    Did you find out anything? I am having the same problem.
  • jetta62jetta62 Member Posts: 1
    Hi, 2010 Camry LE V6 owner here. My Motorola Droid Turbo running Android 6 will not pair with the Bluetooth handsfree/phone. The Bluetooth audio player will pair with the phone. The dealer was no help. Anybody else out there encounter this problem? I called Toyota, and it sounded to me like Toyota is no longer supporting Bluetooth in 2010 models.