Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2001 Honda Odyssey Anti-Theft Systems

debwilliadebwillia Member Posts: 1
edited March 2014 in Honda
I can't find my code for my 2001.

Comments

• springsteenspringsteen Member Posts: 5
    I had to take out the radio, which is not too hard, and tell the dealer the radie serial number. They gave me the 5 digit code for the radio. Don't know of any master code.
    I can't find a method for obtaining the 4 digit security code for the my GPS. I've lost the book with my code and the honda dealer was no help. Anyone have a suggestion? The radio code was fairly easy to get from the dealer but not the GPS code. Thanks.
  • gmcfraziergmcfrazier Member Posts: 8
    Look inside the glove box, it might be there
    That was my first guess a while back. No such luck. Thanks for the response.
  • eschilleschill Member Posts: 1
    Yep, go on Ebay and seach you make and model radio, There are people who will sell you the master code and how to enter it via email. I am a satisfied customer, cost 5-10 dollars.
    I see the entries for radio codes on ebay but nothing for the Odyssey navigation anti-theft code. That's my current problem. Thanks.
  • karl1228karl1228 Member Posts: 3
    How does one remove the radio from the dash of a 1999 Honda Odessey. Need some detail.
  • robr2robr2 Member Posts: 8,805
    This will get you there:

Radio Instructions
  • karl1228karl1228 Member Posts: 3
    Honda instructions were followed and job completed with retrieval of radio code.

Thank you.
  • robr2robr2 Member Posts: 8,805
    Good and you're welcome.

Now keep that code someplace safe.
  • ljuddproljuddpro Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

We have a 2003 Odyssey. Over the weekend the factory installed alarm began going off spontaneously when the car was locked (not just when armed). I drove the car about 100 miles and this only delayed the return of the problem.

Can anyone provide insight as to what is causing this BIG annoyance? I tried to find a "problem" area of this site to post this but all appear to be "read-only."
  • dbulindbulin Member Posts: 4
    I have a similar problem. I have the code for my 99 Civic but when I enter it I keep getting error 1,2,3,...
    The code is the one that came with the car. Suggestions?
    thanks
  • theleontheleon Member Posts: 1
    How do I get the radio to ask for the code? :confuse:

Whenever someone does something to the transmission of my Honda Odyssey the radio gives me a blinking light like someone tried to steal it. The problems is all I get is the blinking alarm light but no "code" message so I can input my code. This happened a couple of years ago and the mechanic was able to help me on the phone. However he is no longer there and everybody else suggests the radio is bad and I don't remember what he told me. :blush:
  • koteswarkoteswar Member Posts: 1
    Radio code and radio replacement

I followed below link to find out how to open the dashboard of honda odyssey and remove radio out of it. Below link has drawings and instructions to follow.

http://www.handaaccessories.com/odyssey/ody6indash.pdf

I followed step by step and successfully opened dashboard and removed radio out to find its serial number.

If you do not have radio code, Honda Customer service can help. They need your Vehicle Identification Number or VIN(it is on the top of driver side dash board) and radio serial number(SER). I have VIN but no SER. Honda directed me over phone to look inside glove box for any stickers pasterd with radio serial number. I have one but that did not work. Then they asked me to press 1 and 6 buttons at the same time and then switch on radio power. Before I did this, I need to put key in II position and battery negative terminal disconnected. The idea is to get serial number on the radio screen. For my luck, the SER number is not coming up on the radio screen. Then, I was told to go to dealer to get this radio code who can get serial number of the radio somehow. My friend told it costs $120. I am on tight budget and could not afford the cost.

I got my tool box out and sat near dashboard and followed instructions given in above link. I safely saved all the screws and remembered in writing what plugs I unplugged and their color and their location. Finally, I removed the radio unit out and found a yellow sticker below the radio unit which has the serial number on it with prefix, SERIAL No.
    For my surprise, I see a hand written 5 digit code also there which I guessed as radio code. I put everything back without leaving a single screw outside. Connected negative terminal of battery. Started engine and engine started. Good relief that I did not break anything. Then nervously entered the code, yahoo!, it worked. Radio turned on with a music in some FM channel.

You may not have to do all this. Call Honda CS first at their customer service number: 1-800-999-1009 and if they advice you to go to dealer at your own cost, try my steps. Good luck!
  • ivan7ivan7 Member Posts: 1
    Hi, did you find the codes for your radio, I am having the same problem and can not find the codes, any suggestions would be appreciated. please response to ibonill@gmail.com
    Some years ago I had the same problem and ended up taking the unit out from under the passenger side seat and bringing it to the Honda dealer. They eventually gave me the code without a charge. So I suggest you call them and see what they want you to do. The unit comes out very easily, a couple of bolts as I recall.
  • phillipc1phillipc1 Member Posts: 5
    Great web site. I fixed my radio tonight with info. received. The radio s/n was on left side of glove box. no 5 digit code. Its in the car . You have to look around. Mine was in the sunglass holder. Car 03 honda Accord. During new customer PDI the s/n and code are placed in the vehicle and on the ID card which I didn't have being a 2nd owner.
  • cheneil43cheneil43 Member Posts: 1
    Sir, i found several numbers in the glove compartment. the thing is how do you punch in the number 7 and 8 in the radio where number 6 is the last digit? pls advise. tnx
    you probably not looking at right nbr's sould be a 5-digit code no nbrs. higher than 6.
  • dfrederidfrederi Member Posts: 1
    I have the passcode, but I can't get the radio to the setting where it will accept the code. I disconnected my car battery, but that didn't work. The radio screen doesn't say anything. As I understand from this and other forums, the radio will say "code" when it is ready for me to input the passcode. Any other suggestions. Do any buttons need to be pushed prior to entering the code?

Thanks,
    Dave
  • richarddaviesricharddavies Member Posts: 7
    I have a 2005 Odyssey EX-L. The security alarm goes off whenever I unlock the door using the key. I then have to press the unlock button on the remote to stop the alarm. We normally use the keyless remote to unlock it, so it's not a big deal, but I'm worried about what if the remote stops working.

Anyone have any ideas what's wrong? Is there a quick fix by chance, or am I just going to have to take it to the dealership?
    Try this to get s/n of radio. turn car off/turn on. press # 1 and # 6 button same time. It will give you four digits. I think you have to press 1 and 6 again to get the second set of 4 digits. This is your radio s/n.
    This will give you s/n of radio. you should see code on radio screen. enter radio code . it should work. Your dealership should give you the correct code n/c if you have the s/n of radio.
  • ecanonecanon Member Posts: 1
    I have a 1996 Isuzu Oasis (just like Honda's Odyssey) and it's radio flashed "code". I tried the 1 & 6 buttons and nothing happened, so I removed the radio and found the serial number - in fact I photographed the label so that I could re-install the unit while I searched for the code.
    I went on line and found Radio-code.com. I sent them the information along with a $28.99 fee payable through paypal. Their website said they would get back to me "Usually within 30 minutes to 24 hours. Orders are processed seven days a week." I did this Saturday at 4PM and I didn't hear from them until Monday after 6AM. (So much for 24 hour service!)
    They said the number was invalid and asked for a picture. No problem. I sent it off. Then they sent me a code and charged me my fee using paypal. But, the code didn't work! I wrote back. They sent me the information from my owners manual (which I already had) describing how to enter the code. I wrote back repeating "The code doesn't work."
    That was the last I heard from them, so I called the Honda customer service number 1-800-999-1009. Honda was very nice, took my information and gave me the correct code which had *five* digits. The code from Radio-code.com was *four* digits! Not only was their code wrong, it was really wrong!
    Do NOT under any circumstances use the services of Radio-code.com! I asked for my money back. Their response is silence. They said my serial number was invalid, but Honda didn't have any trouble. AND, Honda will give it to you for free!
    I am now reporting Radio-code.com to every consumer organization I can locate in hopes of getting my money back and putting them out of business. I won't hold my breath!
    One other thing: I thought by using paypal and my credit card that I would be protected in the event of fraud. Not so. My bank sees paypal as the payee. The problem is not with paypal. Paypal won't help as these were not "tangible goods". Rather mine were goods contained within an email. No guarantee is offered from Paypal for such transactions. I'm out of luck. So don't be fooled. Avoid Radio-code.com!
  • jll302jll302 Member Posts: 2
    I have a 2002 Odyssey and a couple of days ago my wife was dryving listening to the radio and the radio just died. I took it out today thinking that maby the fuse went out. because the screen wont come on, but the security light comes on flashing. I coulnd find a fuse for the radio anywhere. Have you fixed you stereo yet? Do you have any ideas of what it can be. I am going to call the dealer and see what I can do.
  • jll302jll302 Member Posts: 2
    I fixed my stereo. The fuse for the sereo had gone out. This fuse was on the pasanger side under the glove compartment. Wonce I changed the fuse the stereo asked me for the code wich was inside the glove compartmnet.
  • vanlimovanlimo Member Posts: 1
    I came across your post about not getting the code prompt on your car stereo. I'm having the same problem but don't see a post saying whether you ever fixed this or not, do you know how to do it?
  • chatosfchatosf Member Posts: 1
    hey folks I found the stereo code to my honda odyssey on the back door lift it up and you will see a white lable with a few numbers it is the 5 digit number on top it is there by it self
  • alex77aealex77ae Member Posts: 4
    hey man i have 07 ex and it does the same so i think honda made it like an anti theft thing
  • sexiemomsexiemom Member Posts: 1
    Finally I have the radio working, I was going crazy looking for the sticker that has the code and serial#, I know I have it I just don't know where I put it. Search the net on how to get the codes for the radio, found several options, all of them don't work. I have EX 2003 Odyssey @ the website for honda, it says for 2001 n higher model you can find the serial and code @ the glove box, or by pressing 1&6 then turn on power on then start the car and the serial will show up. This did not work for me, so I called the dealer to find out how to get the code. They told me I have to bring the car, they will take out the stereo get the serial # and get the code. They'll charge me $15 to get the code plus to take and put the stereo back. I did not ask how much will that be, I figured it'll be the hourly rate of labor w/c is around $65-$80hr. So went to honda.com again to find another way. On the site click for owner resources.. radio/ navigation codes, here they need to verify ownership of the car, VIN#, phone# & zip code. then the serial#, since I don't have the serial # I was stuck again. So the only other option I have is to get the Serial from the radio. search the net on how to take out the radio... my hubby took out the radio not all the way out, just to look for the serial...it was just on top of the radio, we wrote it down and took pictures, then I went back to honda.com entered the VIN#, phone & zip code, enter the serial #, then they gave me my code...and now my radio is working again...If I took my car to the dealer they'll do the same thing..Save myself $100+...here's the link on how to take out the radio..http://gopaultech.com/blog/2007/02/removing-honda-odyssey-cd-player/... you don't have to take the whole thing out just enough so you can get the serial#, my hubby did not even disconnect the battery or any wires on the radio....once you have the serial# go to honda.com to get your codes...
    most radio codes are located in glove box but also look up into the suglass holder. that is where I found my codes.
  • upvanupvan Member Posts: 1
    I have a 99 Odyssey and the previous owner was kind enough to write the 5-digit code in the owner's manual. Problem is, it doesn't work. My local mechanic says there might be a certain sequence or method you have to use to enter the code. Obviously, just entering it straight doesn't work. Any ideas? By the way, it looks like the radio serial number is located on a sticker inside the left door of the glove box. Good info from this site for that!
This discussion has been closed.