Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2007 Suzuki SX4

Comments

• inuvikinuvik Member Posts: 163
    Not only does the UK get more colors, they can get it in a diesel with a 6-speed manual transmission. That would be exactly the vehicle I want. But nooooo, can't have a diesel here in the US, too dirty :cry:
  • reeser8reeser8 Member Posts: 33
    >

I hear ya -- I have a forest green Ford Taurus that screams mid-90s.
  • moparbadmoparbad Member Posts: 3,870
    Not only does the UK get more colors, they can get it in a diesel with a 6-speed manual transmission. That would be exactly the vehicle I want. But nooooo, can't have a diesel here in the US, too dirty

What I found most interesting about a UK based review of the new SX4 is that they rated the diesel 6 speed 4WD as the most FUN to drive model of the SX4 range. Then again, the only choices they have are the 1.6L gas or the 1.9L diesel.
  • iluvmysephia1iluvmysephia1 Member Posts: 7,704
    of Suzuki picking the new 2007 SX4 as their entry to turbocharge and put in next year's WRC races? I see that as a big 'ole confidence booster to those of us who are thinking about getting one of these cars. Suzuki backs it up by racing it next year and it's results in the races will reflect on the company's credibility. The thing is, if they don't enter the WRC at all they are admitting they can't compete against Subaru and the like. Eh?

As for American Suzuki import colors, I like the Metallic Techno Blue a lot. I like the Sunburst Orange(I'm just winging it here on the exact Suzuki names of their colors!!) a lot. I would probably like the Red but Suzuki doesn't put the Red in any ads. They only put the Orange and Blue in ads. And those cars look great I might add!

One other thing I learned on the Suzuki Auto American website. Go to SX4 and watch the movie if you think you're starting to dig this new hatchwagon. In the Warranty part it mentions if your SX4 needs any Warranty-covered work Suzuki will supply you with a free rental car for up to 5 days per Warranty repair claim. That is a very nice feature of the Suzuki Warranty.

I think they really want to be our car company. ;)

2021 Kia Soul LX 6-speed stick

• kernickkernick Member Posts: 4,072
    iluv: In the Warranty part it mentions if your SX4 needs any Warranty-covered work Suzuki will supply you with a free rental car for up to 5 days per Warranty repair claim. That is a very nice feature of the Suzuki Warranty.

me: Yes I saw that. But I also thought it strange that Suzuki doesn't just say "you have the rental as long as it takes to fix your car. And the rental will be the same or similar type vehicle (not a 2000 Chevy Aveo or such)." I certainly would demand the rental longer than 5 days, if they had trouble getting a part or trouble diagnosing a problem.
  • reeser8reeser8 Member Posts: 33
    I'll have to wait a few weeks before I'll get my 5-spd. SX4 with the convenience package (i.e. with cruise control).

My dealership in the SF bay area told me they found out from their district rep that they will not receive any 5-spd base models until the full roll-out in 2007. Suzuki is shipping just a couple "preview" 5-spds with the convenience package to this dealership in October.
  • kronogoosekronogoose Member Posts: 116
    I see participation in motorsports, whether it's WRC or Nascar, as marketing--it gets the company some name recognition.

As far as the WRC SX4, I am personally hoping that translates into a turbocharged version of the SX4 for the car-buying public. I think it would be a uniquely compelling addition to compete with other small, turbo'd cars like the WRX and upcoming Mazdaspeed3 and Dodge Caliber SRT4. The selectable AWD feature could really set the SX4 apart from the crowd.

As far as the burnt orange color getting old quick: I would have to disagree! I see few burnt orange Mazda 3's and 6's, and it is still as eye-catching as when the color was first introduced. I like the orange because it's different without being odd--lime green and pink are odd. Just my two cents.

Greg
  • canuck785canuck785 Member Posts: 160
    (not a 2000 Chevy Aveo or such)."

that would be really interesting to see someone renting a 2000 aveo since they came out in 2004. :surprise:

i dont understand why ppl keep bashing that car??!! :confuse:

why dont you start on the VW beetle instead? a car that most owners would not buy (or take for free) again. :surprise:
  • erics6erics6 Member Posts: 684
    Sorry, but Aveo really is seen as the "cheapest" car out there. Piece of junk comes to mind. In the same price range ($10k - $14k) there are better Korean and Japanese cars. I know they have been heavily discounted to the sub $10k range, but I'd still trust a slightly used something over the Daewoo.

Sure VW has a lot of problems. I would never buy one. But as a drivers car it is quite nice. All you have to do is look at the price of slightly used Daewoo's vs. VWs to see the difference. To me, it's worth spending a little more for a quality car that will last and hold some of it's value. Plus, I have to enjoy driving it. I don't think I'd enjoy the Daewoo/Aveo. I wouldn't buy a VW or a Mercedes for that matter. They would be fun to drive, but not reliable.

To me, there are better overall values out there than the Daewoo/Aveo.
  • arkainzeyearkainzeye Member Posts: 473
    honestly that doesnt many anything to me as (our) sx4 are in No way the same as the ones they race. they the exhaust, emissions,intake, clutch eveything is NOT stock. the body style might be the only thing O.E.M. Just like how over in japan they used the tracker type cars as their baja racers over there. but you can bet them cars they used on them tracks are in NO way the samething i could buy from my dealer.. watch the Speed channel and see the thousands and thousands they spend to get these car "track ready". as i said the body might be the only thing stock about them cars..
    Actually, WRC does mean something. Just look at the Subaru WRX. Yes, the WRC Suzuki is not a street car, but they can learn from the race car, and hopefully put what they learn into a production car. SX4 could be turbo'd with a beefer transmission and differential.
    can: I dont understand why ppl keep bashing that car??!!

me: I have nothing specifically bad to say about the Aveo; it just came to mind as a very low power, low optioned car. If I'm taking in an AWD vehicle with ABS, stability control and side-airbags, I want a rental that has those features.

If I buy a car I don't want to hear from the dealer or salesman or mfr. rep. that I shouldn't expect to be treated well because I didn't pay much. I'm handing over "perfect" $ and I expect to trade that for a similar product or service. I understand things aren't perfect and that's why it's important then to get treated well when you are inconvenienced. If I take an SX4 in for service I don't expect to get an Aveo or Neon, or an S-10 pickup.

If after 5 days my car wasn't ready and they wanted a rental back, they'd have to physically come and find it and tow it back.
    "SX4 could be turbo'd with a beefer transmission and differential."

Does suzuki turbo any of their cars now? I cant see them putting turbo and all kinds of money into one of their lowest budget cars. Now i know Subaru puts turbos in some of their cars. but it also comes with a Nice price tag. A price tag i dont believe people are willing to spend on a suzuki. at least not at this time. Espeically with suzuki's resale value. My sister had a Aerio. It was a great car! NO problems. but when she needed something more and went for a trade in. OMG what a hit she took.. I think suzuki makes good cars! but i dont see them sinking a ton of money into a market that they dont even have. (turbo's and what not) when people think performance suzuki automotive is not one of the options to choice from. Im not even sure suzuki wants to even go that path. from the way they label the sx4, its more of a "get lot for your money type car". Their whole marketing thing seems to be (look what we give you for the money). So i doubt they start producing race car inspired suzukis anytime soon. Its just not their market. nor do i think they want it to be..
    i just went on suzuki's website today and i seen they LOWERED the epa estimated mpg for the sx4. it was 23/30 Now they are saying 23/28. Makes me wonder what other specs changed? Interesting.
    a great deal. What other car on the market for $14,999 allows you to toggle a switch and drive in FWD(2WD), then with another flip of a toggle switch go into AWD-Auto for 4 season driving?

Want to drive through some snow or ice? Well, you should have told me! Just toggle the switch to AWD-Lock and lock your powertrain/axles together so they turn in unison(4WD). This is the breakthrough rig for Suzuki.

The thing that seals the deal for this padre is the great Warranty. 7 years and 100,000 miles. Plus, a rental car for up to 5 days to cover your driving needs while your little monster is getting fixed. It all adds up to a little 'ole carmaker from Japan that wants to be your carmaker.

The 2007 Suzuki SX4 is the car that finally turns the corner for this manufacturer and it will be the one that propels them upward and outward. Thing is, too many Americans are numb-brained into thinking that the Cadadillac Escalade is the thing turning water into wine that they won't notice this great little rig from Suzuki.

Their loss. Numbskulls. ;)

I hear you about wanting a rental car similar to what you are driving ;)
    my point was that even if the aveo happens to be one of the cheapest cars on the market, it is unfair to classify it as "cheap" ;) go read the owners reviews, you,ll be surprised ;)
    the LT version comes with power windows and locks, ABS are available, sunroof, spoiler, 15" alloy wheels, A/C is standard, anti-theft system, MP3 player, cruise control...and then some. i also want to add that it is available in 11 colors!
    to me that is plenty for a car in that price range.

the sx4 sure sounds like a great deal , i just wish the MPG were a bit higher :(
    I also wish Subaru would bring back the little Justy (I had one in 1989) awesome little car, 4WD and at least 35 MPG!!! :shades:

and by the way... I currently own a chevy S-10 pick up :surprise:
    The turbo would be an upgrade. Look at the price differential between the base Impreza and the WRX. It could be a "halo" car. Get buyers in and they might choose the normally aspirated SX4. Don't forget the old Swift turbo. Sure, the market is small, but I could see a good business case for a turbo model in a few years. We'll see.
  • herotakesafallherotakesafall Member Posts: 103
    Actually, if you look at the consumer ratings just through edmunds, the user reviews for the Accent, Rio, Versa, xA, and Fit are all between 9.3 and 9.5. The Aveo is at 8.4.
    if you consider that both the versa and fit are new cars on the market this yr, those are reviews from new owners, usually ppl are not that objective when they 1st get the car.
    again, i am sure that there are cars that got lower than 8.4... and i will not check because it will be a never ending conversation ;)
    I think i gave my opinion about the aveo and will go back to talk about the SX4 from now on :)
    as you said, interesting!!!
    anyone heard about that happening before?
    I believe the 2 different ratings are 1 for the auto. and 1 for manual; with the auto. having the higher rating.
    Suzuki website now shows 23/28 for both stick and automatic. I believe the original EPA estimates were 24/29 stick and 24/30 for the auto. Maybe the new numbers are the final EPA certification. Real world numbers always differ anyway. I really wonder why Suzuki can't do better. The Subaru Legacy Outback is rated 23/28 and weighs 400-500 lbs more, and it has a 17 gallon fuel tank. Suzuki would be more fun to drive, but mileage is dissappointing.
    ark: Espeically with suzuki's resale value.

me: I had a Jaguar and that took quite a hit from MSRP. Lost about 40% in 1.5 years. Fortunately I didn't pay anywhere near MSRP.

ark: Its just not their market.

me: You should consider that there are many brands that sell all types of vehicles. Chevy for instance never sold performance cars in the 50's, and the Corvette wasn't a performance car until the 60's. They now sell Aveos, Impalas, Silverados and Corvettes all next to each other. You can buy a $200 Sony TV or a $10,000 Sony TV. And Subaru wasn't into racing years or sold anything sporty years ago. Don't get locked into paradigms!
  • backybacky Member Posts: 18,949
    Well, those are C/D's estimates. Like the old fuel economy numbers? :(
    2007 Suzuki SX4. It is "another small patch of white space going dark" according to the C&D article.

The article is right...the SX4 is different and one way it's different is the fact that one can put the small car into a separate 2WD(FWD)drive mode to optimize fuel economy.

To have the choice to do this is good when not wanting the better traction provided by AWD-Auto or the 4WD traction provided by the AWD-Lock mode. More of what we've already mentioned but it is the strong points of this sport crossover for all four seasons.

To get this for only $14,999 with that car very, very well-equipped should go over really well. I saw the potential right away, I don't know about you guys.

Like was mentioned in the C&D article another white patch goes dark.

I really like the AWD feature of the sx4. but i have to ask this, how many times are you going to NEED the awd feature? In C&D they said suzuki mentioned the drop is gas mileage is a small price to pay for the awd. here i live in western PA here the mountains. I only needed 4x4 2 times the whole year last year. and actually i went out on purpose just to see how my tracker would do in the snow. Im not saying you wont Ever need it. but the trade off for lower MPG is it really worth it? I guess if i live in a alaska or someplace where winters are non-stop snow and the roads never got plowed or what not. I also noticed something else about the sx4 engine. they said it is 143hp and 136ftlbs. my trackers 2.0 engine is 127hp and 135ftlbs of torque. The torque is what you feel when you climb i a hill or punch the throttle. i was wondering why my tracker had almost the same torque numbers has the engine with the higher Horsepower. i think this is why i thought it was weak during the test drive. the torque was the same but in a Heavier car.. I thought the MPG was on the low side when i seen the sticker. and this was when suzuki was claiming (24/30) Now they are showing highway mileage out of the 30's and into the 20s its making me question the sx4 even more. at least compared to other suv's with bigger more powerful engines.
    ark: I only needed 4x4 2 times the whole year last year.

me: you might want to define what you mean by "need". For instance you may not "need" 4x4 if your retired and can stay home when it snows. Or you may not "need" 4x4 if you don't mind shoveling snow and then after 1/2 an hour you get free. Or you may not need 4x4 if you don't mind spinning your wheels for a few seconds until you get traction - which can be dangerous if your trying to enter a break in traffic.

Also most people don't "need" their airbags every year. But I do agree with you that extra power just like airbags, stability control, and AWD are nice capabilities to have.

I also agree with you that the SX4 is not a powerhouse. This seems to trouble you. Maybe you're looking at the wrong vehicles. But even other small SUV's don't give you the combination of power and mpg you want.

You might just want to go shopping for a Civic, though that doesn't have much torque either. Or wait for 1008 and see what Subaru comes out with for an Impreza. But expect to pay more for more power and space, and about the same mileage.

As I said before if you want good real-world mpg and better acceleration get the lighter, 5-speed. If you've learned to drive for mpg, I'm sure you'll get 30+mpg. And one more thing - if you've got sufficient money to buy a new car and all the taxes and insurances that go along with that, you really shouldn't be too worried whether that car gets 28 or 31 mpg; it really works out to a $2-$3 a week.
    this guy arkainzeye just seems to want to come here and bellyache about the 2007 Suzuki SX4. I basically ignore his comments, they're like listening to Bill Walton on NBA telecasts, like listening to a speaking brickwall.

Oh, I read that Suzuki is installing Yokohama tires on our 2007 Suzuki SX4's. To me this is great news because I can still remember the performance improvement on my 1999 Kia Sephia-the exact car that inspired my Edmunds nickname. The car handled better after the Yokohama's were put on.

i think what troubles me is how a more powerful engine than the Suzuki engine i already have now in my tracker could feel so much weaker than my tracker! Dont get me wrong. When i test drove the SX4 everything else beside the rear backseat room or lack there of and the power was all i didnt like. everything else was Top Notch!!I think what was a let down for me was when i read the ad's about the 143hp engine. Im running a 2.0 suzuki engine in my tracker and it is only 127hp. So i thought GREAT more pickup and go. But when i test drove it it felt less powerful than my tracker! and i think this confused me. I even asked the saleman if it was running correctly or not. But lastnight as i researched into my tracker and the sx4 i found even though there is more HP in the sx4 there is only (1)ftlbs more in the sx4 over the 2.0 tracker engine. and this torque is what you feel when you push the gas pedal to the floor. actually my motorcycle and the sx4 has the same torque. the only difference is my motorcycles torque is at the rear wheel and not the crank. Anyways. my point about the awd was the weight of the awd might be what is killing the Fuel economy and Power. My believe is a car that size should be getting better fuel economy than 23city and 28 highway. and there is no Guaranty than you will even get them numbers. so if you shooting for a AWD car that you will actually use the awd system then maybe the lesser MPG and power will be exactly what you need or want. But if your getting it and using it in 2wd 99% of the time then you might be spending more on fuel than you need to be. this is just my opinion as i have been comparing honda fits, nissans,suzuki's and what not. yes the suzuki has awd. but what about in the summer when you are still getting Low to mid 20's and NOT using that awd and other cars in the same class are getting low to mid 30's with the same if not larger inside room and equal if not great acceleration... example based on the lower epa rating for the sx4 and the honda fit and figuring in 15000 miles @ $2.50 a gall average. there is over a $400 difference in fuel useage. but look at the acceleration numbers and resale values and other features like that. I wonder if suzuki will come out with a 2wheel drive only sx4. not one that you switch into 2wd and still getting poor fuel economy. Who knows i might take another test drive. maybe the one i drove wasnt working correctly?
    driving was working right, arkainzeye. You are right, it is the extra weight of the AWD system that is in part weighing the 2007 Suzuki SX4 down a tad.

Here's where I'm coming from. To me the extra weight is fine. I am currently driving a 3000lb. 2001 Kia Sportage 4x4, which, yes, has available 4WD. The Sportage has gotten me out of no less than 4 snow/ice incidents in the last 2 years. I want my next vehicle to have 4WD. What has me captivated with the SX4 is you can toggle it to 2WD(FWD), AWD-Auto for rain traction(up to 50% of the power can go to the rear wheels if needed)and AWD-Lock. When in AWD-Lock your 2 axles are actually locked together-that's right-you're in 4WD then, man! Awesome! I plan on taking my SX4 up the Mt.Graham road here in SE Arizona. Mt.Graham has an observatory at the top that the Vatican has a telescope on(yep, it's working fine). Also, the U.of Arizona is building an observatory that has a new state of the art technology of mirrors they're employing that, when done, is going to be the most effective telescope in the world for clarity and depth of view. It blows the Hubble telescope out-o-the water, man.

So, I want to head up there. Sometimes when I go traveling it will no doubt get nasty. Therein lies why I want a 2007 Suzuki SX4.

Did I mention wonderfully good looks? Italian design in it's body. State of the art electronics abound. Purchase price?

Only $14,999 for the 5-speed. Gentlemen-that is a flaming bargain. Suzuki is offering '0'% interest financing. I plan on test driving within the next few days-I'll keep y'all updated on my impressions.

Oh, 2007 Suzuki SX4 tires. They're installing P205/60R16 Yokohama's at their Japanese factory. The Japanese Suzuki factory is installing these Yokohama's for our U.S.market. The reason I mention this is that Fiat and Suzuki are also building 2007 SX4's at a factory in Eastern Europe-Hungary IIRC. So, we are no doubt going to get P205/60R16 Yokohama's on our 2007 Suzuki SX4's. Very, very cool, gentlemen. These Yokohama's are great tires.

I put some on my 1999 Kia Sephia back in early 2000 with my tax refund and my little Sephia was immediately turned into a bad little driving machine. No kidding. The car handled so much better, tracked so much better and took bumps way better.

The 2007 Suzuki SX4 picture just keeps getting clearer and clearer and clearer to me. This will be my next rig, men. :D

I forgot to look. Are the Yokohama tires all season mud and snow rated?

The base model sticker is good price. Not sure about the Sport though. For example, real world prices of Subaru around here are quite good. Today's paper had Forester X's from $18.5k. I've seen even better deals with the $2500 rebate Subaru had on the 06's. Hopefully Suzuki will offer rebates next year and make it an even better deal.

Speaking of bargains, for the person looking at the Aveo. They are going for $8k. The new base 2 dr Hyundai Accent is selling for $8.5k.

Of course, you could by this used Accent - for more than sticker. :-()
    http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/car/213582171.html
    Can you get the base model with cruise control? I NEED cruise. I would like the Sport because it comes with cruise. hey i was just wondering. does anyone who owns one can you tell me how the headlights are at night? I know alot of honda fit owners are not happy with their headlights and the test drives were during the day so they never noticed anything.. Which little car is it that comes with a Blue Tooth cell phone adaptor built in. its basically a handsfree device for your blue tooth enabled cell phone from what i understand..
    That's about the 5th time you've posted that info. and opinion. Can we move on? Obviously if higher torque and higher mpg are important to you, you need to look elsewhere. Be prepared to pay more then if you want AWD, or don't get AWD.
  • backybacky Member Posts: 18,949
    The Versa has a Bluetooth option.

Or, a really nice headset that allows hands-free use of any cell phone, in any car (including the SX4) costs about $30.
    Personally I wouldn't consider any car that doesn't have AC and ABS. You may not get those at that price. I also agree with the NHTSA that stability control saves lives - something my '04 Jag. X-Type didn't have, and found it to be rather disconcerting on the ice.

Also, especially in a small car I think side-airbags would be a definite want. You'd seem awful stupid to end-up crippled or dead in an accident without those features; but people could say you saved a few dollars by buying a lesser vehicle.

If you are looking to buy an SX4, I would assume you want an AWD vehicle. The competitiors to the SX4 thus would be the Caliber RT, the Jeep Compass and Patriot, the Impreza, and maybe the small utes of several companies. The competitors for the SX4 would not necessarily be the Fit, Versa, and Scions which are FWD only. If you want FWD and high mpg (high 30's), that is a different type vehicle than the SX4.
    The SX4 is an alternative to the small SUV's.
    so posting FACTS bothers you? would you rather someone Lie to you instead? ok i will the sx4 has 100FTLBS MORE torque than anything in its class!! Feel better about the sx4 now? you should
    you said suzuki is offering 0% interest?! for how many months? I didnt see anything on their website about incentives for the sx4. When i asked my local dealer a week or so ago he said there was NO incentives for the sx4. is this something they just started to do? that makes the deal more interesting since dealers arent cutting any deals on these New suzuki's
  • guestguest Member Posts: 770
    Don't get too excited. Yokohama Geolandars were standard equipment on my 2004 Suzuki Aerio. Cruddy tires. The Geolandars were (I think) summer performance oriented meaning that they fared poorly on snow and ice and had very poor tread life. I believe they were rated for 30,000 miles which is basically the basement for tires. Mine didn't last 30K, and I read many accounts of people having to replace their tires well short of 20K.

I would not be surprised if Suzuki uses the same or similar tires for the SX4.

I'm not saying that ALL Yokohamas are bad, though. My replacement set of tires are 80,000 mile warranty all-season performance Yokohamas which, combined with the AWD, fared much better in winter conditions.
  • watchdoc2003watchdoc2003 Member Posts: 22
    While many magazines have compared the SX4 to the Honda Fit, Yaris, Versa... it's actually supposed to be lower priced alternative to the Impreza, Matrix, Patriot, and Caliber. At $16,399 for the GT manual, the SX4 isn't competitive with the Impreza. Subaru has lowered the MSRP of the Impreza to $17,995. For your $1,600 you get almost 40hp more and independant suspension. Let's not forget there is currently NO aftermarket for the SX4. If you're considering this car, just wait a couple months for the HUGE discounts to start. I'm guessing you'll be able to buy a loaded SX4 for around 13 grand in a few months. The hot deal right now is the Saab 9-2x. Dealers are selling the 2.5i linear around here for 17 grand.
  • poita33poita33 Member Posts: 11
    I test drove the SX4 today with manual transmission. I was hoping a manual would relieve the lack of power issue. It did not and I wasn't impressed with the drive. I don't care much for the AWD either so I will likely spend a bit more and get a Rabbit or Mazda3.
    I'm suprised people are cross shopping the SX4 with FWD cars. If I wanted great mileage I'd look at FWD. There are a ton of good FWD cars in the SX4 price range.

I'm interested in the traction of AWD for mountain sking. Having owned three Subarus I know how good AWD is. If you don't need the AWD, I'd look elsewhere. I think the SX4 stacks up pretty well against other AWD alternatives, although as I said earlier, the sport model is creeping up towards Subaru territory.

I too am hoping the discounting will start soon.
  • muffin_manmuffin_man Member Posts: 865
    Is this the one? I can't wait until your next car!
    this may be the one. That's all I'm gonna say for now.

I like the styling, versatality and low price of the 2007 Suzuki SX4. Also the many standard features. This crossover is loaded for only $14,999.

I would have another one by now but our 2001 Kia Sportage 4x4 is a great rig. That's just it-I can shop and shop and shop and shop and not have to buy. But the SX4 may be our next rig.

i was going to test drive a stick version of the sx4 tomorrow but after reading your post i guess it doesnt matter if its a stick of auto no power is no power. Even if it is in the 2wd mode. Now imagine what you said about the lack of power with 2 or 3 people in the car! More weight..
    ark: so posting FACTS bothers you?

me: absolutely not. I already said your opinion is valid. What I said was you've said that multiple times in a few days. I wondered what the point was to continue putting that opinion every few posts? I wonder why if the power isn't acceptable to you, you haven't moved on to some other model that is acceptable to you? You'll never be happy with an SX4 based on your statements, so why continue to dwell on it? Go test-drive some high mpg FWD cars, or if you want AWD go try Imprezas.
  • moparbadmoparbad Member Posts: 3,870
    I am impressed with the SX4.
    Excellent value.
    Utility of all season all wheel drive.
    Comfortable interior.
    Standard safety features.
    More than adequate power.
    Acceptable fuel economy.
    Excellent fit and finish and very good quality of materials.
    7 year 100,000 mile powertrain warranty.
    Not too big, not too small size vehicle.

to arkainzeye - you have repeated over and over your disappointment with the power of the SX4. You are not the only person with this observation as this has been noted in some of the early press reviews. I'm not going to try to change your mind, however, the expression "beating a dead horse" comes to mind. I would ask if you would share your motivation of continuing to complain if this car does not fit your needs. Why? :(

I for one, am seriously considering a purchase of a SX4 automatic base with convenience pkg. in silver.

Note- Suzuki is importing only 20,000 SX4 and it is my prediction they will have no trouble selling every one of them and could easily sell twice as many. ;)
    very cool that you are considering one as well. I don't know, no matter what I do the night before this car still pops into my mind upon awakening. :)

Now, think about it dudes, does that not sound like someone smitten? Gas mileage is fine with me.

Anybody really interested in this vehicle Google Motor Trend review 2007 Suzuki SX4. Watch the short little test drive video that is on the Motor Trend review for this exciting new car. You will see the driving "stance" of this car. I can watch it over and over again. The car has got a great body design-unique-and it has a separate 2WD(FWD)and Auto-AWD for rainy driving conditions and AWD-Lock for an actual 4WD driving mode-axles locked.

With all the features standard this car it is a great deal at MSRP. I am liking the Techno Metallic Blue (MT video car color), Red or Orange for a color.

Do you see all of the airbags available as standard equipment? ABS brakes with EBD? 4-wheel discs?

Again, with my situation, I share the car I drive with my wife. She loves our Sportage and will not want to trade it in. This is a very familiar situation for me to be in. However, I am going to lobby for trading in the Sportage for this baby.

Incidentally, ask your salesperson about a standard equipment mpg gas trip-o-meter being available. I bumped into a lady at a gas station in Benson, AZ, who already took possession af a 2007 Suzuki SX4, Silver, with an automatic transmission. She was not yet comfortable with reading the mpg guage, yet, and seemed uncomfortable with me grilling her about it(I wonder why that might be!). So, look for it and marvel about it here on this forum, won't you?

Looking forward to test driving this car. :D

one of their SUV's that they really like as a racecar possibility?

They make it into a racecar for nasty terrain and race it against other carmakes, that's what they do!

Check this out:

http://www.suzukiauto.com/sr_07/grand_vitara/tajima/news.php

They won the Pike's Peak Challenge with it, too!

Now, think about it dudes. Wouldn't you want your 2007 Suzuki SX4 carmaker to have the talent, drive and attributes to be able to take an SUV like the Grand Vitara and make it into a snow racer, and win the race?

Sure you would.

BTW-check out how beefy the Grand Vitara racer looks. Is that an "I mean business" ice racer, or what? My long time favorite carmaker, Kia Motors, also does well with their Kia Sorento long-haul racing machine. That is an all-terrain type of race. Kia raced a souped-up Sportage of theirs for years and the newer Sorento was chosed to take the baton and challenge other makes and models in the New World Order.

But there you go-I tend to like foreign carmakers who make crossovers/SUV's and make them tough and ready to rumble.

The future for both these carmakers is so bright they're gonna need some serious Billy Gibbons shades soon, if they don't already have them on. :shades:

iluv: Gas mileage is fine with me.

me: Agree. It is better than what I get now, and I currently use premium.

iluv: 2WD(FWD)and Auto-AWD for rainy driving conditions ...

me: you'd really do yourself a favor springing for the sport and the stability control too. Though since there could be a shortage of these cars, I don't want to push my favorite model and car. ;)

The more I think about it the more I see this SX4 as a combo of 2 cars I've owned. I had an '88 CRX (with 92hp, but a blast to drive), and a '96 Impreza Outback (only 135 hp then).

Also if anyone wants some hints on lightening (weight) a car slightly, we can talk. I know it doesn't sound like much, but you can probably take 40 Lb out of the weight of any car. When I'm just driving local, I usually dump the jack , and spare-tire, get rid of the rear mats, owners-manual, cigarette lighter, and drain 75% of the windshield washer fluid. I don't haul stuff around that I'm not using. If I have a breakdown, I get away from the car, and call AAA ( I guess I've seen on TV, and read about too many cars getting nailed in the breakdown lane :( I also wonder if it is easy (< 30 minutes) to remove the rear seats; I'd just use the area for cargo occassionally anyway.
This discussion has been closed.