Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Toyota Yaris Prices Paid

Comments

• cjshowcjshow Member Posts: 16
    My husband and I finally took possession of his new Yaris on July 12th after placing our order 7 weeks prior! He was very specific about what he wanted and he wanted a "new" car, not a dealer swap that would put unnecessary miles on the car. Also, we were willing to wait that long in order to pay down our credit card some more.

He got a Yaris "S" Sedan in Barcelona Red w/ power package and Manual Transmission and beige interior. We didn't dicker about the price as they are in high demand, so our OTD costs inc TTL and fees was $16453. Tax really rips you off, it was more than $1k. We put $2k down and financed the rest at 6.7% interest. We had locked in the finance rate when we put a deposit down 7 weeks ago, but when we went into the finance office, the rate was unexpectedly raised to 6.9% I was very firm about getting it corrected, and since we were in an awful rush to get out of there, the finance guy changed it back without any argument. :)

Overall, we were happy with our experience. This is our first brand new car, so we were happy that it really was brand new, with less than 10 miles on it. Not including the 7 week waiting period, we only spent 2 hours in the dealership, I think. Our salesman was very laid back and tried to accommodate us. He didn't try to sell us options we didn't want nor a more expensive car.

The only downside was that we thought we were getting 15" alloy wheels and when we took possession, there were the steel wheels w/covers on the car. Turns out there are 2 power packages and we weren't told there was a choice. The difference in price between the two was about $900, but we can have the dealer swap the wheels for $650, I think. We aren't going to, but my DH was pretty mad that it wasn't made clear since the alloys were in the brochure and online as part of the power package.
  • timmyt38024timmyt38024 Member Posts: 9
    Has anybody bought a Yaris in or near Tennessee? If so what price? Thanks
  • lhansonlhanson Member Posts: 268
    Depending on where you live in Tennessee, Memphis may or may not qualify as being part of Tennesse, much like Detroit in Michigan. At any rate, Yarii have sold here for as much as $1,500 off MSRP within the last 3 months. They haven't been advertised too much lately, but should be available for at least $500 off MSRP with the new 2008's coming out soon. Doe anybody know when?
  • timmyt38024timmyt38024 Member Posts: 9
    I'm near memphis. Know of any dealers that are reasonable? I've noticed Wolfchase seems a little bit higher than the others.
    I have bought 2 Yaris's from Wolfchase, but they just happened to have the best deal at the time. It changes every week. The one I got on Saturday, April 14, 2007 was about $500 off MSRP. The very next Saturday, Performance Toyota was selling any Yaris in stock for $1,000 off MSRP, and the following Saturday they were offering any Yaris in stock for $1,500 off MSRP. That is the best deal I have seen so far. Chuck Hutton Toyota is usually a little higher, but they are still worth checking out. I would advise that you get quotes from their internet departments and try to make the deal before you set foot on their lots. You can check their inventory online. Saturday seems to be the best day, but if you are not in a hurry, and you shouldn't be, I would wait a couple weeks if need be to get the best deal. If you can get $1,500 off MSRP, no further negotiations are necessary.
  • gilromeros1gilromeros1 Member Posts: 1
    Please help anybody.
    I feel ripped off about the extended warranty/tires warranty
    packages..althoug I read the back of the policies and I can cancel them as long as is not 30 days old..well I got my yaris a week ago....should go ahead and cancel them ? .its more than 2 grand for both...please advice.

thank you.
  • ttaittai Member Posts: 114
    Yes, you got ripped. I refused the extended warranty that the finance manager showed me so he pulled up the same warranty on the Toyota web site and said it was cheaper if you go there and buy it. WTF! Check out the toyota site and see if you can purchase extneded warranties there.
  • wadsworth1wadsworth1 Member Posts: 1
    I have a quote below from a local Toyota dealer’s fleet manager/Internet manager for a 2007 Toyota Yaris Sedan with automatic transmission and PQ package (cruise control, power windows/locks, ABS).

$15139.00 sales price (includes $675 destination charge)
    946.19 State Tax
    35.09 inventory tax
    50.00 DOCUMETATION FEE
    33.00 TITLE FEE
    60.80 LICENSE FEE
    39.50 STATE INSPECTION
    10.00 ROAD AND BRIDGE
    5.00 DEPUTY FEE
    $16318.58 TOTAL DRIVE OUT

We are looking to purchase the car before the end of the month. The above dealer also threw in a $100 gas card if we bought our car from them. We do not have a trade-in, and we are located in the Dallas area.

So we got a call back from a different dealer and he asked what price would it take for us buy the Yaris Sedan from him. If the total drive out price (includes tax, title, and tags) is $16,318 from the first dealer, how much should I tell the second dealer to take off the $16,318?

All suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks so much!

Below are the specs:
    2007 Toyota Yaris MSRP
    Model - 1442 4-DOOR SEDAN Base: $13,425.00
    Exterior Color - 0068 POLAR WHITE Installed Options: $2,343.00
    Interior Color - FD12 LTGRAY(BLKWOOD)/STON/DCHA Total: $15,768.00

* Base MSRP includes delivery charge
    ** Prices subject to change without notice
    *** Please refer to vehicle Monroney label for final specifications and pricing

Standard Features for this model
    MECHANICAL & PERFORMANCE EXTERIOR
    - 1.5L DOHC 16-Valve EFI VVT-i 4-Cylinder - Color-Keyed Bumpers, Door Handles
    - 4-Spd Electronically Controlled - and Outside Mirrors
    - Automatic Overdrive Transmission - Multi-Reflector Halogen Headlamps
    - with Intelligence and Gated Shifter COMFORT & CONVENIENCE
    - Air Conditioning - Cloth Front Bucket and Rear Seats
    - Independent MacPherson Strut - with Adjustable Headrests
    - Front Suspension - Dvr Side Vertical Seat Height Adjustment
    - Torsion Beam Rear Suspension - Tilt Steering Wheel
    - Electronic Power Steering (EPS) - Intermittent Wipers
    - Electronic Throttle Control System - Audio Prep Package (4 - Speakers)
    - with Intelligence (ETCS-i) - Lever-Adjusted Side Mirrors
    - Front Ventilated Disc Brakes - In-Glass Antenna
    - Rear Drum Brakes - Center Mounted Speedometer
    - 14" Steel Wheels with Full Covers - with LCD Odometer, Twin Tripmeter
    - and P175/65R14 Tires - and Fuel Gauge Display
    - Temporary Spare Tire - Driver and Frt Passenger Vanity Mirrors
    SAFETY - Center Console Storage Box
    - Driver Front Airbag and Front Passenger - Front and Rear Cupholders
    - Airbag with Advanced Airbag System
    - 3 Point Driver & Frt Pass Seat Belts w/
    - Pretensioners & Force Limiters
    - Side-Impact Door Beams
    - Center High Mount Stop Lamp

Selected Options and Packages
    Code Description Code Description
    FE 50 State Emissions CF Carpet Mat Set (5 pc)
    PQ Power Package with 15-in. Steel Wheels: - Carpet Floor Mats
    - Anti-lock Brakes, Power Door Locks, Power - Rear Cargo Mat
    - Windows, Power Outside Mirrors, AM/FM CD P4 Vehicle Shield Package
    - Integrated Audio with MP3/WMA Playback - Lusterizing Sealant
    - Capability, Auxiliary Audio Jack and LCD - Sound Shield
    - Display, Cruise Control, 60/40 Split - Sealant Cleaner
    - Fold-down Rear Seat, Upgraded Interior - Rental Car Assistance
    - Trim, Rear Defroster, Tachometer and
    - 15-in. Steel Wheels with Full Covers
  • rerednawrerednaw Member Posts: 16
    I'd recommend a little extra research.

If several thousands dollars are worth a hour or so of your time. For many people it isn't. :)

Start with Dealer Cost. Which is (approximately):
    =================================================
    Invoice (find this on many places)
    Minus Factory Holdback (~2-4%) Usually 2% on Toyotas.
    Minus Factory to Dealer Incentives (check Edmunds, Cars.com, etc...)
    Minus Consumer Rebates
    ADD destination charge (a legitimate charge)
    Minus Factory Floorplan Fee.
    = Dealer Cost.
    Factor in fair dealer profit (say 3-5%)
    Include sales tax.

That's your offering price.

All other Fees are NOT legit and should be renamed "more dealer profit."

If the dealer doesn't want a fair offer, then either
    1) the car is truly in high demand (NONE on the lot and a 6+ month waiting list) in which case you're stuck.
    OR (more often)
    2) He trying to get every last dime out of you and you should go somewhere else.

Last time I bought a car, I faxed my offer to 6-7 different dealers. In my town, one dealer never called me back and the other two lied. They stated they would meet my offer and had the car in stock. One didn't have the car in stock, the other wanted to add 'fee-a-rama'

I ended up getting the car out of state, my make, model and color for the price I set.

YMMV and good luck.

P.S. I'm assuming cash offer, no trade-in. If you need a loan or have a trade-in, it gets even more complicated.
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    Go to our new Dealer Rater to post your sales or service review!
  • halo9xhalo9x Member Posts: 1
    I bought a white Yaris Liftback from Lithia Toyota in Abilene, TX. Great experience and got a good price of $13,368 before addons. I was charged $700 to swap my new rims from my trade-in, put the original rims back on my trade-in and get new tires for my alloy rims. I did get a trade-in for the new wheels that were on the Yaris. The end result is that we got great alloy rims and new Bridgestone Potenza 009 tires that are highly rated. The alloy rims and tires look great. We got the convenience package, an extended warranty AND a maintenance program that changes the oil&filter for as long as we own the car. The maintenance package was only $479 which gives us oil changes every 3,000 or 3 months up to 4 times in a year. My wife loves her Yaris and enjoys driving it a lot! It is a blast to drive and looks great. All in all the buying experience was one of the best I've ever had. Even though I was buying one of Toyota's lowest priced car, you would have thought I was buying one of their most expensive. Needless to say we really enjoyed the whole buying experience.
  • frank60frank60 Member Posts: 2
    I got a quote from a dealer for new 4-door Yaris 2007. It is automatic with AC and standard airgbag. No power package, no ABS, no side airbag. the quote is 13600. Is it a good deal?
    What is the MSRP for it? You should be able to get it for at least $500 less, $1,000 off is not out of the question. It all depends on how willing you are to shop around, and how soon you have to have it.
  • frank60frank60 Member Posts: 2
    where can I get MSRP for this car?
    It should be on the window sticker.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    A reporter would like to talk with a consumer who have purchased a Toyota Yaris, Honda Fit or Nissan Versa and why they purchased their small vehicle. Please respond to ctalati@edmunds.com no later than August 22, 2007 with your daytime contact information and what car you own.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• rosenerrosener Member Posts: 1
    :shades: Hello,

I'm also looking into these three models. I think that the Yaris has better gas mileage than the fit and the versa, however, the versa has 4 doors vs. the yaris with only two. The fit just doesn't do it for me, the body style seems more like a hyundia. I'm going to be test driving all three and make my final purchase on labor day weekend. Versa has a $500 incentive with low interest rate, plus additional $500 for college graduates. I hope that toyota and honda have a labor day weekend special. Honestly, price of the car will determine which one I will purchase, also I would look into which of these three will hold their value.

good luck.

RR
    Toyota makes a 4 door Yaris sedan as well as the 2 door hatchback. They both have the same MPG ratings.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,720
    Canada gets a 4-door hatchback.. :(

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• jencrawfordjencrawford Member Posts: 1
    I just bought a 2007(bought in '06) Yaris S 5-speed with 23,000 miles on it. With the alloy wheels, a/c, auto doors, abs brakes, tinted windows, passive alarm, mp3 thing, I paid $13,100 before taxes. How'd I do?

P.S. I live in Long Island, NY, deal with lots of traffic going to work and school at night in Queens (4 nights a week in the summer), I still only need to fill up once a week which I think is great.
  • aussie9aussie9 Member Posts: 2
    Hi to everyone,
    I just bought my Yaris liftback for $13750.00 with power package including ABS and airbags, Meteorite Metallic color and with just 6 miles. We loved the car the first time we drove and my wife had been driving it non stop around town. Bought this car @ Centennial Toyota ( www.CentennialToyota.com )in Las Vegas, NV. If you are interested contact AHAB of the internet department his a great guy to work with. Didn't purchase the extended warranty through them ($1600.00 for 7yr. - 100,000 miles). Good luck future Yaris owners! Buy Toyota...you got value plus reliability.
    Does it have automatic transmission?
  • aussie9aussie9 Member Posts: 2
    Yes, I bought the automatic.
  • ike3ike3 Member Posts: 81
    Hello...What was the MSRP on your vehicle, including the destination fee? Don't include taxes, registration, title or other fees from the dealer, please. Just the factory Mulroney sticker on the window. And, was it a 5 speed or 4 speed automatic transaxle?
    Also...Did you know...that there is a 4 door Yaris Liftback available in the Canadian market? Pretty cool looking car, I think even more so than the 2 door version sold here.
    Thanks for sharing your experience. That version you got is virtually impossible to get in the NorthEast region of the US.
    I think that you got a very good deal on that car. Maybe because the 2008's are coming out shortly. What was the MSRP?
  • tom201tom201 Member Posts: 10
    I bought a red 2008 Yaris liftback about three weeks ago and the only options I got were the automatic transmission, convience package (stero w/cd ) and floor mats. I paid 13,405. I placed a order for it as it was on its way to the US from Japan and it took 1 week to get it. By placing a order for one based on stock that is on its way, I was able to get it as is from the factory and before the stateside items are added such as paint protection sealant, window tint and other items they add on and get inflated prices for something that is basically worthless. It was one of the first 08 models to arrive and I am very happy with it. I have 700 miles on it in the first 3 weeks and get 35 mpg on my 50 mile daily round trip that is half highway and half city. I will post more after I have it a while.
    Tom
  • j0e2008j0e2008 Member Posts: 1
    paid $13590 out the door price, includes admin fee and dest. charge,
    license and registration extra.
    The above is a cash price, be prepared to pay a little more if you're financing with the special 2.9% APR from Toyota.
    Dealership: IRA toyota in Manchester, NH. I live in Londonderry.
    Car has the power package, all weather package, keyless entry, etc.
    MSRP (options included) was listed at $14995.
  • yeeyee Member Posts: 7
    plus convenience package, all weather package, floor + trunk mats and arm-rest.
    Paid $9777. tax, admin, license and registration are extra. Out the door cost was around $10,600. Best deal I can find in MA area.
    Dealership: IRA Toyota in Danvers, MA
    MSRP was $12,979.
  • caferacer1000caferacer1000 Member Posts: 3
    $13,108.00 out the door with automatic, convenience package and climate package.
  • dakedake Member Posts: 131
    Yeah, I have to disagree with you there too. The current Corolla is an old car (and showing it) and boring to boot. When I bought my Echo a few years back I found it to be a better drive than the Corolla, and the new Yaris is a sharper car too IMO.

We drove the Yaris off the lot for Invoice + 200. Never been happier.
  • lexuses350lexuses350 Member Posts: 8
    I just purchased a 2008 Yaris, 4 door sedan, automatic, w/power package for $13,850. After tax and license it came out to $14,800. What do you guys think?
  • ttaittai Member Posts: 114
    Wow! super good deal.
  • ohtrapohtrap Member Posts: 2
    Are in SE region , if yes Did you get 750 dollars rebate .
    I am in Orange County, CA. If anyone is from around the area, let me know and I will get you in touch with the dealership where I got the deal. By the way, the way I worked the deal was by calling 5 different dealership and asking to speak to the Fleet manager. I then told the fleet manager that I am really busy and would only negotiate over email. This is the best way to get the deals in writing. Once you get the dealerships to come down to a good price, get the bidding war started. All I did was copy and paste the email that another dealership would quote me at. They of course want to get your business, so they will go down $100 less than the other guy. So then I would use the newest quote and do the same. Eventually, most dealerships tell you that you have gone below what they are willing to do. In which case, I tell them that you would like to work out a deal with them and to give you the absolute bottom offer. This tactic has worked very well for me. I have yet to pay for a car that is even invoice (I get them at least a couple of hundred under invoice). Make sure they show you the invoice though, so they don't try to pull a fast one over you.
  • naffinaffi Member Posts: 1
    Which dealership did you get that awesome deal from? I'm from Eugene, OR and the only company here is Kendall...and one of their salesmen is being vague and ridiculous about getting more than the invoice price. I'm willing to go out of state to get a better offer.
  • newcrvmannewcrvman Member Posts: 15
    Hello,
    Here is my experience about buying Yaris sedan in Birmingham, Alabama.
    1. I wanted one with side curtain airbags since Yaris has extremely bad safety rating for side hit without those. Unfortunately, even if it’s $650 option, no dealers were able to locate me Yaris sedan automatic with side airbags as the only option. Power package with 15” alloy wheels, MP3-WMA radio, rear defroster, power mirrors/doors, ABS was always included. Also, all the cars they could find had $110 fog lights installed.
    2. My initial OTD quotes were: $16150, $16129, $15950, $15900 (some dealers had free tires and maintenance added).
    3. After dealing with 3 dealerships negotiating the price, my final OTD price for Yaris sedan, flint mica, AT, with side airbags, power package, 15” alloy wheels, fog lights and ABS was $15369 OTD, all fees and tax included. The car had about 140 miles on it when delivered. I’m not really sure the dealer was really happy when I got the vehicle, so I’m not telling the dealer name. It’s a major Toyota dealer in AL.
    4. If you need a really great deal on financing in AL, check https://www.amfirst.org. Their current rate is about 4.35% for 36 months with excellent credit (over 5 years credit history), the lowest Toyota had was 5.99% with a credit union of their choice or 7.5% with Toyota finance.
    I bought it for my wife but really, really love it. If it’s not about moving some huge items in my SUV, I’d trade it for Yaris any day. I was enjoying every minute I spent driving the car.
    Thank you.
    Toyota dealership in Garden Grove, CA
  • mokiavellimokiavelli Member Posts: 60
    If you go to carsdirect, for one w/ power package and MSRP of 15,625, it is 14,009, including the 1000 rebate. That should be the baseline and negotiate down from that.
    I just got off the phone w/ the internet department at the dealer in Irvine,CA. For a 4 door w/ the power package. MSRP- 15,725. Their price is $13,600 after the $1,000 rebate. Just add tax, license, and doc. No negotiation necessary. This is an honest dealer. If I go for the Yaris, this would be my second purchase from this dealer in 2 years and from the same salesperson. He also gave me quotes on the 2 door w/o the power package (12300), w/ power (13150) and the 4 door w/o power (12500).
  • mrtgemanmrtgeman Member Posts: 6
    I'm considering selling my 18/22mpg Lexus GS300 for a new Yaris S sedan. I've been quoted invoice minus $500 rebate. I'm located in San Jose, CA. Is this a good deal? Any gotten $$$ under invoice + $500 rebate? Thanks in advance.
    If you don't mind the drive or flight, you may consider going to Southern California. The prices seems to be lower, plus an extra $500 rebate.
  • micwebmicweb Member Posts: 1,617
    Piercey Toyota relocated from San Jose to Milpitas and has been running specials - check the ads in the San Jose Mercury News - www.mercurynews.com , click on shopping then on online ads. NOT on their "autos" menu option, that takes you to an online buying service not their newspaper ads.

Melody Toyota in Daly City has a new dealership and quoted a great price on a Yaris LB, same discount as Piercey was offering on the "ad specials." BUT they lowballed me $2k on my trade in - offered me $6k when I easily got 8k trading it in on a Versa (which had the same discount as the Yaris, so I made out fine).

Use Edmunds quote request service. Then shop around. Don't listen to negatives about your trade. Most dealers are pretty aggressive about their new car pricing because the MSRP sticker is right there and we can figure out what kind of deal we are getting. But the trade in information is harder to come by. You need to research that carefully then negotiate firmly.
  • woodsie1woodsie1 Member Posts: 4
    I just purchased a 08 Yaris HB automatic from Wilde Toyota Milwaukee Wi. The whole experience was a pleasure, according to Edmunds I got a good price :)
  • mjoshimjoshi Member Posts: 44
    Could you please share where you bought it from ? I'm trying to decide between Yaris and Fit but not sure which way to go as both looks similar on paper. Price might be the only thing now. But your price seems to be in my budget.
  • speedyptspeedypt Member Posts: 200
    I bought mine (Blazing Blue ... love that name of paint) at Larry Miller Toyota in Peoria AZ for $13,315 OTD with the following options:
    1. Convenience pkg (CD/MP3, 15in steel wheels with covers, rear wiper and defroster)
    2. All-Weather Guard pkg
    3. Carpeted floor mats
    4. Factory Fog lights
    5. Tinted windows.

So far I'm getting amazing mileage (38.5 mix highway/city), the car is very quiet, and the clutch - shifter are very good for this inexpensive car.

I would definitely recommend this car to others trying to save on gas. I normally drive 3000-4000 miles per month for my job, and that was in a Chevy Silverado Crew Cab 1500LT. My average gas mileage was 16.7 mpg. What I'm saving on gas by driving the Yaris is more than paying for buying the 2nd car (gas, insurance and monthly car payment). Wish I would have done this sooner!

Regards,

Pete
  • robinjanerobinjane Member Posts: 1
    I had decide to replace my 97 Chavlier and went looking for truck and bought 2dr, (3 door in you count the hatch), Yaris. The asking price $16,000 after every done its was $17,000. The dealer thought I was a little nutty when I said it had a smal "growl" similar to a the big "growl" of a Mustang, I had test drove. I didn't realize until 2 days later that I had it in drive 3. I live in the middle of Florida, 30 mile west of Orlando and the place I bought my car is 27 miles away. I don't want to put the name of dealer in here, but I'm wondering if I was charged for a Sedan or because mine is the sporty car. I just love the way front seat is up high, I wonder if it is because the jack is under the front seat. I recommend a Yaris to anyone. I trying to decide on a nick name for my car: Yaree or DutaBug
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    A reporter from a large daily newspaper who either just bought or traded-in their smaller vehicle (Nissan Versa, Toyota Yaris, Honda Fit, Toyota Corolla, etc.). If this is you, please respond to ctalati@edmunds.com with your daytime contact information no later than Friday, April 18, 2008.
  • landoficensnowlandoficensnow Member Posts: 1
    08 Yaris Liftback S 5spd

$14850 with "Package C", all weather guard package, powerpackage, remote keyless, tax tile and license...

wot do you guys think?

Long Island, NY

Thx
  • svofan2svofan2 Member Posts: 442
    ...well today my daughter bought a Sport Highlander pretty well equipped as follows...sticker...$36945..invo...$32942....plus $750 so it sold for $33692.00..options installed are..FE,EH,HJ,LA,PN,QC,QR,SR TO CT WL 3T...bottom line it leather,heated,rearview camera,matts rooh rack 4x4..etc....all things considered (trade priced very fairly,$500 below Kelly's)..we did very well..I highly recommend this dealer since we were treated fair and with courtesy....no pushing, no deceiving tactics..very pleasant..
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,720
    Ummm... Yaris discussion? :confuse:

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator