Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Toyota Yaris Prices Paid

Comments

• acheffacheff Member Posts: 4
    Hi, I am in charge of purchasing new car for my 80 year old father in law and he wants a Yaris. We are in Trenton,NJ and I have a call into the local dealer for prices on both sedan and liftback. We think sedan makes more sense for him although he liked the liftback. Any tips or price comparisons to look for? Local dealer started conversation by saying there are no rebate deals offered right now...thanks bunches!
  • lhansonlhanson Member Posts: 268
    Not at all surprising with recent gas prices increases. MSRP is probably the best you can hope for. Better hurry up though, the MSRP is supposed to increase by $200 within the next few days. Within the last few months, you could have bought for close to invoice ($700-$1,000 less).
  • jfritschjfritsch Member Posts: 958
    You can look up a used 07 version of your yaris at kbb.com or nada.com with average miles. I believe most of the ones with power options etc wholesale for $9500 or so. This means your vehicle will be worth that much in may 09. You want a significant amount off msrp as the vehicle depreciaties much like the Hyundai,Cobalt etc. If you can't get prices in the low 12000's for an automatic hatch with pwr, I would look elsewhere.

The Hyundai Elantra Sedan gls sedan with pwr and auto is about 17000msrp . It frequently sells for 13500 or less and is rated highly by the editors of edmunds up with the Civic and Mazda3 while the Yaris is not particularly notable. Also much more room, and a standard 60/100 6year bb/powertrain warranty.

Good luck
    --jjf
  • famishedfamished Member Posts: 1
    My gf got hers at $12,995 before rebate (so $12,495 after rebate) and before TTL/financing. Add $400 for alarm (knocked off $100). The car is an Absolutely Red Yaris Liftback with codes CF, FE, KE, PQ-HB. Sticker will be either $14,580 or $14,530 (same car, don't know why the difference). Should have posted this months ago, but I hope it helps someone.
  • acheffacheff Member Posts: 4
    Thanks for the help. I was able to get in writing on the Yaris Sedan with Power Package, ABS, side curtain airbags and a few other things at price of 15,500 before tax. However only one around on lot in area and it was the green color. My FIL decided he didn't like the color and passed. He just went out to Honda's used car lot and snapped up a Honda Civic 2005 for 11,500 all in, 45,000 miles on it. He's happy as a clam and did absolutely no research. Don't you love 80 year olds! Thanks to all who replied. I currently own a Sienna but can't wait till a few of my kids are out of the car and I can downsize.
    Thanks-ach
  • mrgodaimrgodai Member Posts: 5
    I just got quoted $15600 for 08 yaris sedan with Power package/steel wheel out the door, is that good? I'm really looking for $14500 this is in south florida
  • eddiehaskell1eddiehaskell1 Member Posts: 12
    I want a Yaris hatch 5spd and all I need is the convenience package. I'm a recent college grad so I should get the $400 rebate - I believe they also have $500 cash back.

How much could I expect to get off the sticker price?

Does $11k with the $900 in rebates sound feasible?
  • mrgodaimrgodai Member Posts: 5
    Just got a Black Automatic Yaris Sedan with Power Package w/Steel Wheels, mats, fog lights, free road side assist for 3 years, 2 free gas fill up (about $40 each with today's gas price T_T) in S FL

this is for $15,500 + 200 Tag - 100 refer cred. (i hope i get this after 3 weeks) - (unknown $ back on the tag)

they keep saying ithey are selling me the car below cost, but in the end the dealer still sold me $78 over their total cost, damn :P

I was trying to get free tinted windows and/or keyless entry, but the dealers says they can't install them at the dealership(?)

I still dont get how people get $14700-$15000 flat out the door on the same car over in here.
  • ilikeyarisilikeyaris Member Posts: 1
    Yaris Liftback Automatic
    Total Paid is 15232 (out of the door, 7% tax+ fees) for AlloyWheel package, cruise,keyless and armrest.
    Had 191 miles on it..dealer said he had to swap with one dealer to get this car..
    :(

Anyways like the car very much.
  • jweaver39jweaver39 Member Posts: 15
    i went to look for a yaris and none were available, i purchased a corolla se otd for 16000 same as what they want for your yaris go figure!(supply and demand)
  • vpc5011vpc5011 Member Posts: 3
    Yaris 2008 Hatchback
    Automatic
    with power package

Paid $12,750
    Plus taxes and document fees...

Total Price: 13,750
  • vpc5011vpc5011 Member Posts: 3
    This is what I paid...

Yaris 2008 Hatchback
    Automatic
    with power package

Paid $12,750
    Plus taxes and document fees...

Total Price: 13,750
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    A reporter would like to talk to consumers who are in the market for a compact, subcompact or hybrid vehicle but have had trouble finding one. Please respond to jwahl@edmunds.com with your daytime contact information along with the vehicle you are shopping for no later than Thursday, June 19th.
    Excellent deal, considering how fast they are moving off the lots now.
  • ladawnladawn Member Posts: 1
    Purchased 08 Yaris hatchback with manual transmission + convenience package:
    10,700 + taxes+fees= 11,800 out the door.
    + 150.00 aftermarket alarm + 100.00 aftermarket XM radio install =
    pretty darn good deal in San Diego. :)
  • bam8bam8 Member Posts: 7
    On 6/12 we bought a basic, manual with convenience and all weather pkg. 11,956+ document fees and taxes. Shopped around and it was 1,000 less that anywhere else we looked.

I love the car. It is what it is! We did not buy sports car. I wanted something gets great gas mileage, is fun to tool around in and I can play my books on tape and hear them :). I don't expect to be carrying alot of people or stuff. Its the comuter car and for that its great. I keep looking for excuse to drive around so we are not really benefitting from the gas savings yet :0.
    Yes, it is anexcellent deal. I can't believe everybody is still getting deals like this with gas prices as high as they are. Your price is $500 less than when this car first came out 2 years ago.
  • bam8bam8 Member Posts: 7
    I forgot to add carpets and 15 inch wheels. Did I mention I love the car? Gas mileage is great and it is a hoot to drive. I actually did the deal through a group that sell for a number of dealers...I got the number on the internet. I was wary of the process but they were all great. I did not get a VIN number when I put down the deposit which I can see in retrospect was a dumb move but it worked out. I bought the car at Manchester Toyota (NH) and dealt with the IRA group.
    A reporter from a large national newspaper is looking to speak to consumers who purchased a used fuel-efficient car and why they decided to purchase it and whether they were surprised at the costs of the vehicle. If you’re interested in speaking to the reporter, please contact Chintan Talati at ctalati@edmunds.com with your daytime contact information no later than July 9, 2008.
  • krbtexkrbtex Member Posts: 1
    Plain and simple. I ordered a Yaris back in mid-March and car has not come in. Now when it comes in I am on the fence about even wanting the car. I thought there might be people out there that may want a Yaris but not pay a huge markup for one. I put down a $500 deposit. The car is a 3-door, manual, will have the curtain airbag option which you have to order as they are not shipped that way. Can't remember the other specs but anyway I just see outrageous prices on the internet.I can show the buyer the paperwork so that they can see price and specs, and get the benefit of a Yaris at a very reasonable rate.
    Is this a good idea? I am not interested in making a quick buck. I just don't want to lose my deposit. TIA
  • micwebmicweb Member Posts: 1,617
    In California, deposits are, by law, refundable. I haven't heard that they are non-refundable in other states. I don't even think the dealer will mind if you back out, they will have no trouble selling the Yaris given the current high demand for small, fuel efficient cars. If you get any grief, contact your local DMV and find out if you have any "bill of rights" in your state. There is also generally a dealership licensing board in each state, and you could contact them as well.
  • jetfirekjetfirek Member Posts: 16
    I too ordered my Yaris Sport Hatchback with all the options offered except the blue lights on the floor! So far its right at 19,000 and I don't care because I just sold my Lexus ES 330 w/GPS today and I am so excited about waiting to get my Yaris. In the 70;s we adored our Ford Fiesta and it will be fun to be a kid again.

However, I agree, I had to on line and tell the dealership about the options I wanted. All of them! THEY DIDN'T KNOW??? They FINALLY managed to write the order up MINUS THE EMERGENCY KIT WHICH THEY SAID THEY COULD NOT GET! So it will be off to Pep Boys...for me...LOL...

I am childhood friends with the dealership owner so I won't have a problem but they do not know when the Yaris will come in only that it will come in. Maybe 2 months...I'll definently have it by Christmas!

You and I know the Yaris will be in great demand but the dealership does not know this yet! They are scratching their heads and wondering why the Lexus they have taken in on trade are not selling? What was once great is no longer...

So its my husband's Navigtor and My Yaris and my grandson says he;'ll let me drive his 07 Mustang and he'll drive my Yaris...FRIENDS THAT WILL NEVER HAPPEN and now I am planning on driving to Cancun? Thats right we always fly this will be so much fun....I didn' know you could drive there? Did you?
    A reporter with a large national newspaper would like to speak with consumers who purchased a small, fuel-efficient vehicle in the past couple of months. If you are new small fuel-efficient vehicle owner, please respond to ctalati@edmunds.com with your daytime contact information no later than Thursday, August 21st.
  • melody6melody6 Member Posts: 2
    I went to a dealer yesterday, he asked for 11500 for the manual basic, 770 for the convenient package, and another 1200 for the toyota guarantee fee. I noticed that there is no guarantee fee in this forum, so I wonder if this fee is included in your buying price or not? :( I am in DE.
    I have always received the 3 year so many thousand miles warranty with an option to purchase an extended warranty from my dealerships...which are Lexus of New Orleans (Lexus is Toyota mother co) and from Toyota of New Orleans and From Toyota of Slidell, LA.... we have NEVER PAID FOR A GUARANTEE FEE could you elaborate on what you are speaking about other than a new car warranty...and this HB 2 door Sport Yaris has reached without tax and license 19,000 ..
  • pschiffepschiffe Member Posts: 373
    Sounds bogus to me, Toyota new vehicle limited warranty includes:
    Basic: 36 months/36,000 miles (all components other than normal wear and maintenance items)
    Powertrain: 60 months/60,000 miles (engine, transmission/transaxle, front-wheel drive, rear-wheel drive, seatbelts and airbags)
    Rust-Through: 60 months/unlimited miles (corrosion perforation of sheet metal)
    Emissions: Coverages vary under Federal and California regulations
    Accessories: For accessories purchased at the time of the new vehicle purchase, the Toyota Accessory Warranty is in effect for 36 months/36,000 miles

Perhaps they are trying to add an extended warranty, which I personally would decline. My two cents.

Pete :)
  • melody6melody6 Member Posts: 2
    yes, i make it clear that that is an extended warranty, 100,000 miles for another 1200. I have another question here, besides basic price, warranty, deliver fee, paper work and taxes and packages, is there any other fees? cause I just noticed that there is a 800 from the quote which didn't say what this 800 is for, which I didn't notice then. :confuse:
  • junglemonkeyjunglemonkey Member Posts: 4
    Where did you get this car for 13,750?
  • junglemonkeyjunglemonkey Member Posts: 4
    You should never pay full price on an extended warranty. You can get extended warranty for only $500.00. Check the internet if you do not believe me.
  • jimmyn2jimmyn2 Member Posts: 2
    We got our 3 door stick shift in November, 2006 (a 2007 model). We got it to tow behind our motor home. When I first visited our dealer (we had purchased 4 new vehicles there including 3 Toyotas, and I said I wanted every option available, and a stick, the salesman said stick shift cars were usually bought by younger buyers looking for economy, so they usually have few options. We persisted, and during our next visit to the dealer, the salesman did a "dealer look up" for the car we wanted. Lo and behold, they found exactly what we wanted and they could trade for it, 200 miles away.

I am glad we held out for the options we wanted, and we did not need to wait for a factory order.
    we have always purchased extended warranty from the dealerships in our case Toyota...who would you purchase an extended warranty from on the "Internet" and have you ever tried to use this warranty?...
  • jchiujchiu Member Posts: 10
    Can you tell me where you purchased this car? I am told that this is an impossible price.
  • solsticeturbosolsticeturbo Member Posts: 1
    All 2009 yaris are standard equipped with front/side rear airbags. ABS is also standard,thre is no traction assist/stability assist available ,yet. Why don't you log on to Toyota's web site and research these things yourself :shades: :shades: ?
  • SHADAXSHADAX Member Posts: 7
    MSRP was $15,755, Invoice was $14,682. TMV price was at MSRP, less $1,000 factory rebate.

I emailed dealers in my area (Orange County, CA) and got down to a price of $14,519 before rebate/tax/reg/doc. Looks like $163 below invoice and as "holdback" for this particular car is $260, I'm pretty sure they made $97 on my sale. Total after rebate and California's huge tax/reg fees was $14,850. They even got the color I wanted (Bayou Blue) even though they originally said they would only do a switch "if it was a profitable deal". I feel like I did well here, any comments?
  • manika24manika24 Member Posts: 12
    So, did we ever find out where did vpc5011 got his/her car from???
    Congrats on your car! Which dealership did you get it from? Tustin or Irvine or...??? Thanks
  • SHADAXSHADAX Member Posts: 7
    Tustin Toyota. Not only did I negotiate the price before getting there, but they were incredibly friendly and NO pressure to upsell on warranty, etc. April Conner from the internet department helped me.
    Well, same April very sincerely quoted me $11,300 for a 36 months lease on MSRP 15,755 - 2009 Yaris 2dr with power package. And claim it has 54% residual. One must be an idiot to accept numbers that do not add up, but Tustin Toyota insist numbers are correct. And I offered all payment in full.

So you were very lucky they sold you this car for a reasonable price because they don't understand simple arithmetic.
  • LM65LM65 Member Posts: 3
    I just purchased a 2009 Yaris 3 door liftback today. Very nice car! Here is the deal that I got:

MSRP: 16,372.00 + $1295.00 desert protection package (dealer add on) = $17667.00

Optional equipment: Automatic, all weather guard package (CP), cruise control, keyless entry, power package (PQ), floor mats, rear bumper protector, arm rest, rear spoiler.

Color: Black Sand Pearl

Got them down to $14,750 minus $750 cash back = $14,000 plus $626.25 in fees, plus $1189.47 in taxes. Total... $16565.72. Plus I got 6.75% interest for 48 months through Toyota.

I got this deal at Centennial Toyota in Las Vegas, Nevada
    What does the "Desert Protection Package" consist of.
  • Bill2009Bill2009 Member Posts: 3
    I, too, would like to know what that consists of? I livein Phoenix
    To be honest, I really don't know. All I know is I wasn't gonna pay for it, whatever it was! Seems like all the dealers here in Las Vegas try to add on the Desert Protection Package. I'll ask the next time I'm over at the dealership.
    I think that the Desert Protection Package is just a scam. They put on $100 worth of products on the car (being generous!) and then tack on $1295 to the price of the car. Most people will look at the total price of the car and negotiate from there, instead of the MSRP or the invoice price.
  • kneisl1kneisl1 Member Posts: 1,694
    I got $600 off the sticker AND 0% financing. Plus they gave me $5000 for my ECHO which has a suspect transmission.
  • phllbitphllbit Member Posts: 8
    Well it had to happen I suppose, I must be one of the few perhaps that have a bad experience at a Toyota dealership? The timing belt in my Chrysler went about a month ago so that was it - I was faced with the prospect of having to buy another car and this time I knew I had to buy something fairly new and it was going to be a foreign car so to speak.

I really wanted a van but they cost too much and not so economical and the fact that I had already owned a Yaris since 2000 in the UK and it has been one of if not the most reliable cars I have ever owned and driven - the only things I have changed besides service are some tyres which is no surprise as it has done about 50000 miles.

So, I looked around and eventually settled on a 2007 Yaris hatchback auto. Both my wife and I test drove and she really liked it so that was it - the car drove really well and there were no apparent problems. Now, I could have bought a very similar Yaris at another dealer but it was not driving well and although it was $2000 dollars cheaper, we decided to go for the yaris in our home town - this was a mistake.

What they did and I do not know why, is to take our yaris and swap it for the one in the out of town dealership an hour away - how do I know? Well, when I got the car it was damaged in several places that it did not have when we test drove it, the brakes were shot to pieces and it had not been given any service at all i.e. the oil was dirty and this was after I was told that by the salesperson that every vehicle is pre-certified and checked BEFORE it is put out on the lot for sale - this would seem to be true for the vehicle we test drove was immaculate.

So, back to the dealer we went with a list of problems:

1. cold start so bad it won't even get out of 2nd gear - I know it is supposed to be like that but not when it is in the 70's outside!

2. going downhill the bleeding revs shoot up after you put the foot brake on to slow the car down - insane!!

3. I discovered the car had never been serviced at Toyota and it had been owned by a fleet company - if I had known that I would have run in the other direction!!

4. I have just been informed that my tyres are so worn that they are illegal!! This car was supposed to have been given a safety certificate!!

To be fair, only after I had complained, they reluctantly changed the oil then offered to do a service seeing as they had no service history for it and did some more service but did not change the brakes only cleaned them up. They said they changed the tranny fluid but I don't know for sure they did and they said they did a brake fluid flush but again how do I know they did?

But still, this is not the vehicle we test drove my wife said it from day one the damage on this vehicle was not there when we test drove it.

Now, after the debacle of the tyres I have told the dealership I no longer want the damn car and they say they will get back to me next week - I am not going to hold my breath!

I can rest assure anyone who reads this post, I have owned 2 other Toyota cars before this but I will NEVER buy another one! I just tested a new Mazda 3 and it rocks!! Zoom zoom!! Toyota can put their bs sales and service and their underpowered washing machines where the sun don't shine!!
  • jfritschjfritsch Member Posts: 958
    Unfortunately, while you are saying "never again" to a Toyota, others are saying it to a Ford,Honda,GM,Chrysler,Mazda... etc for the same or various reasons.

Well it had to happen I suppose, I must be one of the few perhaps that have a bad experience at a Toyota dealership

By no means. The cursewords hurled at "arrogant" toyota dealerships/salesmen equal those of others.

The car biz is the car biz.

Good luck
    --jjf

Well it had to happen I suppose, I must be one of the few perhaps that have a bad experience at a Toyota dealership? The timing belt in my Chrysler went about a month ago so that was it - I was faced with the prospect of having to buy another car and this time I knew I had to buy something fairly new and it was going to be a foreign car so to speak.

I really wanted a van but they cost too much and not so economical and the fact that I had already owned a Yaris since 2000 in the UK and it has been one of if not the most reliable cars I have ever owned and driven - the only things I have changed besides service are some tyres which is no surprise as it has done about 50000 miles.

So, I looked around and eventually settled on a 2007 Yaris hatchback auto. Both my wife and I test drove and she really liked it so that was it - the car drove really well and there were no apparent problems. Now, I could have bought a very similar Yaris at another dealer but it was not driving well and although it was $2000 dollars cheaper, we decided to go for the yaris in our home town - this was a mistake.

What they did and I do not know why, is to take our yaris and swap it for the one in the out of town dealership an hour away - how do I know? Well, when I got the car it was damaged in several places that it did not have when we test drove it, the brakes were shot to pieces and it had not been given any service at all i.e. the oil was dirty and this was after I was told that by the salesperson that every vehicle is pre-certified and checked BEFORE it is put out on the lot for sale - this would seem 0000.....

want the damn car and they say they will get back to me next week - I am not going to hold my breath!

I can rest assure anyone who reads this post, I have owned 2 other Toyota cars before this but I will NEVER buy another one! I just tested a new Mazda 3 and it rocks!! Zoom zoom!! Toyota can put their bs sales and service and their underpowered washing machines where the sun don't shine!!
  • pschiffepschiffe Member Posts: 373
    Sounds like a classic case of bait and switch. I'd return the car and demand my money back, if they aren't agreeable talk to your state's attorney general and/or your own lawyer. My 2¢.

Pete
    :lemon:
  • dakedake Member Posts: 131
    Your story is not bait and switch - it's fraud. Bait and switch is advertising a cheap car but then upselling you to something else. But, to be fair - you suspected it wasn't the same car but you bought it anyway? Why?

The biggest mistake anyone can ever make going to any car dealer is to believe they must drive off in a specific car. I doesn't matter if you walked there, you must be willing to turn around and walk off.

But, regardless of all that, if you planned on buying one car and they gave you a different one, that's illegal.

Many Toyota dealers are too smug for their own good, but that's not smugness, that's pure sleaze.
  • kneisl1kneisl1 Member Posts: 1,694
    I bought a VW Fox once new. When the guy drove it up it rattled like a can of marbles. OBVIOUSLY it wasnt the one I drove the week before! I refused to pay for it. You have to have some conjones, you know? If you let them do it to you, you got yourself to blame.
  • rospotterospotte Member Posts: 11
    My gf finally bought a polar white 2009 Yaris 3 dr. hatch auto. trans., memorial day.We found it a sport city toyota.Our otd price was 13,900.With the Texas clean air 3,000.00 voucher for her 1999 mercury mystic the final cost was 10,900.The yaris has the convience pkg,floor mats and pinstripe,window tint,mud guards,cargo net.She financed it throught Toyota.They tried the higher monthly payment trick but we checked what the payments should be with the car loan monthly payment calculator on the internet.She got the right monthly payment at the agreed length and apr.

Have a look here:
    http://www.pbase.com/rospotte/image/113000031