Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Toyota Yaris Prices Paid

1789101113»

Comments

• joliebeanjoliebean Member Posts: 4
    I am currently looking at purchasing a used 2007 toyota yaris with 24000 miles on it. The dealer says they will sell it to me for about $11,490 which seems reasonable but I'm wondering if I can do better.
  • lhansonlhanson Member Posts: 268
    Seems a little high to me. Check on Ebay and see what they are not selling for.
    Chuck Hutton Toyota in Memphis is advertising 2008 rentals with less than 3,000 miles for $10,990. It's definitely a buyers market right now. With gas prices going up though, you have to think that might end soon.
  • dakedake Member Posts: 131
    Well, using Edmunds' Used Car Price Calculator, that's pretty much Dealer Retail for an '07 S-model Yaris Sedan.

Some more details would be good, or just plug in the info yourself on this site. If it's the fully-loaded version, you should be able to still talk them down a grand or so as it shows trade in of 9800 dollars (that'd be what the dealer paid at the most). If it's a base-model hatchback you're looking at, then it's way too high.
  • rs2860rs2860 Member Posts: 1
    I use to sell subarus, and recently bought a jetta sw for my family...this time around we needed a company car and started looking at civic, corolla, yaris, versa, etc. The management and sales staff at rosner toyota in fredericksburg are amazing...they are standards above everybody else in NOVA.
  • scott0217scott0217 Member Posts: 4
    SHORT VERSION:

On May 31st 2009 at Sandy Spring Toyota in Atlanta, I paid $11,666 for a 2009 4-door sedan with auto tranny plus $836 in sales tax, doc fees of $599, and yes the Toyo Interior/exterior Protection Package for $699 (Grrrr! but because of the "loss leader" advertised price of $11,888 for the vehicle I could not get them to come off of it) for a drive out the door price of $13,800 for a 4-door automatic with the $1,500 power package, integrated fog lamps, the groovy Yaris floor mats, and (aftermarket) keyless entry (I refused to drive out the door without it).

Of course I did not get to choose a color at this price (Flint Mica exterior with charcoal fabric upgraded interior) but I couldn't care much less--I feel that since I got them to throw in the aftermarket keyless entry and also got them to come $222 off the advertised price from 11,888 to 11,666 that I got a very good deal on a new Yaris. Did I? You tell me.

Depending on the feedback here, I will tell you the LOOOOONG VERSION of the purchase experience if you demand to hear it. All i will say is that if you are not willing to walk away, you cannot get the best price on a car. Period. Should I have walked away more than I did or was this a rock-bottom price?

I know I got it way below invoice, but I also know that: 1) the Edmunds TMV price is $500 below the invoice price, and 2) the invoice prices on a car is not really the invoice price at all when you consider the rebates, the holdbacks, and other dealer incentives that I dont have a mommy-freaking clue about.

FYI, the $1,000 dealer rebate that ended June 1 on the 09 Yaris was of course retained by the dealer.

So far, I am very happy. I rented a Yaris a few weeks ago and LOVED it. Decided to see if I could get one at a low enough price to make buying a new car cost-effective for my budget (I often buy used vehicles). I think after a week that I can still feel good about the purchase price, but you tell me. Thanks for any feedback--any and all is welcome.
  • jfritschjfritsch Member Posts: 958
    I really don't know. If you got the base model with air with a msrp of around $15500 I certainly wouldn't want to pay much more than the $13000 you paid.

If it was the $17000msrp S model about $13000 would be about the max too for a new 09. Both of them have an used 08 trade in of about $10000. (kbb.com) Seems like about an average deal.

Happy drivin
    --jjf
  • scott0217scott0217 Member Posts: 4
    I got the base model, but the MSRP is 18,658, not 15,000 . . .here is breakdown:

13,765 Base 4-door Automatic
    1,500 Power package (door locks, windows, etc)
    230 Remote keyless entry
    169 Carpet floor mats
    110 Integrated front fog lamps
    699 Toya Plus Protection package (ding removal, fabric stain removal, etc)
    750 Destination charge
    599 Tag, title, documentation
    836 Sales tax

$18,658 TOTAL

so i figured maybe a driveout price of $13,800 was better than average. Maybe not!
    I wouldn't have turned it down.
  • phllbitphllbit Member Posts: 8
    Well I would blame myself except for one fact, they had already taken the money BEFORE they gave me the car so this is not my fault at all - I have bought quite a few used cars and know when to walk away - both my wife and I test drove the car and both agreed for a 2007 Yaris it was in very good condition - what came out afterwards was that this car had a been a daily fleet rental and they never disclosed that at time of sale.

This is illegal in most places - now we are in dispute trying to get our money back but it looks hopeless - that's why I will never buy Toyota and to be fair it is not just them, it seems to be everywhere now.

If you put your trust and faith in people that sell cars they will screw you if they can.
  • jetfirekjetfirek Member Posts: 16
    This may be a dealership but this is not Toyota. You should report the dealership to the DA's office and IMMEDIATELY call the newspaper in your town ACTION REPORTER...and state your case on TV where it will make the Local news in your area possibly the national news. You will have your money returned to you because this will put whoever you bought the car from clearly out of busness...SPEAK UP..IF YOU DON'T NO ONE ELSE WILL....Remember NEVER PAY FOR ANYTHING "FIRST"...and you did not say that you were having problems with your Yaris? You merely stated it wss not disclosed to you! CALL THE ACTION REPORTER...and go over to the station ...NOW
  • countonmecountonme Member Posts: 3
    Wife just paid $12999 blue sedan 15 in wheels ac cruise power window I I think the the name of the package is power package plus $1000 down 0% interst for 5yrs

How did she do We live in the San Francisco area
  • omgparticleomgparticle Member Posts: 1
    I'm assuming that would be 12999 plus docs+tax+title?

Sounds like a very good deal to me and I wouldn't mind the same (looking for a hatch though).

What dealer?
    Toyota is # 1 and Honda is # 2. Your story is the reason why. Toyota has always bent over backwards to please and thats why they are # 1.

Here is my story for you: I bought a Lexus SC 430, the most expensive car Lexus makes and I had gone over to the dealship dressed in clothes from bringing our boat back from Ft Lauderdale. In other words I was not dripping in diamonds. I was treated horribly and I caled Japan direct to speak with the President. He called me back twice to make certain that I was satisfied and the salesman got fired. Just because you can drip in diamonds doesn't mean you have to....Keep the Yaris its lots of fun...I like it better than any car I have ever owned.

I permanently installed a Nuvi 5000 GPS in my right hand glove box with a bsck up camera. That was the only one that Best Buy could permanently install.

My brother then bought the Honda Fit...It doesn't have as many storage compartments and the gas mileage is less ....enjoy your Toyota..You are #1
    I use the compartment behind the steering wheel to keep my solar glasses...even though I have the ones that convert from regular glasses to sun glasses...the solars make it better and are good for nght vision....
    Love my Yaris...better than Lexus....and better than Mustang that I own...its just perfect....the dealership chuckles at me as they can't believe that I love my Yaris over the other autos I have owed....I paid seventeen something it was a special order with automatic everything ...door locks, tinted windows, aluminum wheels with nitrate or something like that in them that they do not lose "air" backup camera, gps installed...bought the exhaust tip and the decals for the doors etc...love my Yaris....
  • home_rainbowhome_rainbow Member Posts: 3
    Scott0217, thanks for sharing your buying experience and price. I went to dealerships in Florida yesterday, and asked two of them to match your price, however, both of them turned me down. The cars I looked at did not have the fog lamps, the keyless entry, and Carpet floor mats, yet, they still wanted to sell the car to me at 13500+++ (dealer fee, tax, registration). Did you get any rebates from the dealership?

Still waiting for your longer version of buying experience...
  • obxcassandraobxcassandra Member Posts: 1
    Hi everyone, just wanted to share my car buying with you. I bought a meteorite metallic 5 door liftback, automatic, model 1462A on Thursday July 23, and a pearl black one on July 25, 2009, at Pearson Toyota in Newport News, Va. My saleslady was Brenda Robertson. Here is what I got on my yarii.
    sticker info:
    base = 13,305.
    all weather guard=110.
    cruise control=250.
    remote keyless entry=230.
    power package with steel wheels=1580.
    carpeted floor mats=150.
    freight=720.00
    msrp on sticker=16,345.00

agreed price: 14,762.00
    freight:720.00
    protective exterior/interior coating:500.00
    sales tax:479.49
    gap insurance: 550.00
    tax:32.54
    license:53.00
    title:40.00
    processing:289.00
    price financed thru toyota=17,427.03 at 2.9 % on both cars.

research shows average paid prices for this model and trim fall like this:
    actual dealer cost: 15,687
    factory invoice:15,953
    average paid: 16,035
    sticker price: 16,434
    my price=14762.51

I hope I did pretty good.

Cassandra in OBX
    Just remember in your right hand glovebox across from passengers seat you can permanently install a GPS NUVI 5000 and simply close the glove box when you get out of the car. It will be out of sight and you 'll enjoy especially if you install a backup camera that works on the Nuvi 5000 ...I think its a Garmn but I forget....Love my Yaris....and do join YARIS WORLD....you'll be glad you did
  • maximus43maximus43 Member Posts: 14
    hi home rainbow:

i cant figure out why the dealer offered the car at such a low price either! it was in paper at 11,888 for 4 door sedan with AT, power package, fog lamps, floor mats. The dealer DID retain a 1,000 rebate in a program which ended in May. i am sorry i forgot to mention that. They did come off the price another 200 down to 11,666, and they threw in keyless entry because they told me over the phone that it had keyless and when i got to dealer and it did not i was a little perturbed.

but remember i didnt get that great a deal . . .my drive out price was 13,800 because l paid 599 for the ding/dent/fabric stain removal package (they would not sell without it) plus about 800 in sales tax plus another 600 in title and tag fees . . .so they got their money that way, plus the 1,000 rebate. when you consider all that, they made a little money on the deal despite the fact that i got it WAAY below invoice . . isnt there also a dealer holdback for toyota too? I dont know that number, but they had to make a buck on it.
  • home_rainbowhome_rainbow Member Posts: 3
    Thank you for your reply. $11,888 for 4dr, AT, Powerpackage, fog lamps, and floor mats is really a GOOD deal, i think. The ones I looked at were priced much higher, with less options than your car. I was out of town during the last 3 weeks and couldn't go to the deals to look at the cars. When I was there at the end of last month, they had a rebate for financing, but I don't think it's a good deal since I would need to pay a lot more for the loan. I'll go to the dealers tomorrow to ask about the price again. Hopefully I could get a good deal as yours.
  • GrumblesharkGrumbleshark Member Posts: 8
    I have been fighting over a few hundred bucks when I see that some of you are getting a loaded sedan for WAAAAAAAY less than the quotes I'm ending up with!!!

I have 3 dealerships offering me a bit over 17,000, including taxes tags and fees. This is for a 2010 flint/charcoal AT sedan with the steel wheels power package, all-weather package, keyless entry, and carpeted cargo/floor mats. This I painstakingly negotiated down from 17700 over a period of 1 month!

I live in PA, I am dealing with 3 PA dealerships.

What am I doing wrong??? I feel like I'm doing a GOOD job negotiating and researching (I feel like I built the car), but they are not going less than exactly $99 over invoice. I thought THAT was a good deal. Isn't it...?
    That looks like what they are going for now. I just checked www.fitzmall.com and that is about what they are asking. Usually they are hard to beat. I think the problem now is the Yarii have been out of stock for the last couple months which probably has caused a a large pent up demand (or at least the dealers think so) for the the 2010 Models that have just come on the market with additional standard safety features that the 2009 models didn't have as standard equipment. When they first came out in 2007, dealers wouldn't come off MSRP, much less approach invoice. If you can wait a few months and let the newness wear off and inventories build up, they may be more willing to deal.
    I waited 3 months for a Yaris from Japan special order sport then learned there was no such thing, so I told another dealership to find me a Yaris as close to the Sport as possible and put everything and then some on it...The price was around 17,300 then I added a back up camera that worked with the Nuvi permanently installed Nuvi 5000 and a Toyota Tip for the exhaust as well as rubber stick ons for the doors and trunk. I then applied for my License Plate.. CIPNGAS and I love my Meteorite Matallic 3 door hatchback Yaris. I sold a new ES330 Lexus and the only thing I miss are the cornering lights....
  • GrumblesharkGrumbleshark Member Posts: 8
    jetfirek, what state did you purchase from if you don't mind?

I'd love to wait a few months... in fact, I can wait until February. But February is a terrible, frigid month in PA, but my inspection is due in March and my current car will NOT pass.

How much do you think the price might fluxuate? I wish there was a graph for previous years to compare.

Is there an ideal month to buy a new car, before the next model year rolls out?
    I have always heard that the best time to buy is the last week in December, after Chistmas, before New Years Day. Sales are supposed to be way off now that Cash for Clunkers is over, but the Yaris inventory has not had time to build yet. It should be built up enough by the end of the year.
    I agree that the 2010 Yari (plural? lol) are more expensive because they have just arrived, and the dealers are not paying interest yet on their 120 day interest-free loan from Toyota to acquire the cars for their lots. Any cars left on the lots after 120 days will start to cost them money, and that's when the discounts come.

I was able to get my 2009 Yaris 4-door auto with power package, etc for so cheap ($11,666) because I am convinced that it had sat unsold on their lot for perhaps six months before I came along and offered about 200 less then their advertised price of $11,888 for a new 4-door with automatic, power package (steel wheels), keyless entry, floor mats, and fog lights. I got it way below invoice and that's the only way I can figure it happened. At the time (late May) Toyota was also giving 1,000 rebate to dealers, and so since I paid $599 title fee, plus 600 bucks for their ding/stain removal package, the dealer made $2,200 on those 3 items . . . but I still figure I got it for a few grand under invoice, so maybe some additional holdback money or volume incentive also figured into the deal for them. I dont know. Also, consumer confdidence was at an all-time low back in May . . . sales of new cars were REALLY bad at the time.
  • tifightertifighter Member Posts: 3,604
    That's a great deal. Well done...

23 Civic Type-R / 22 MDX Type-S / 21 Tesla Y LR / 03 Montero Ltd

• fitdpfitdp Member Posts: 1
    I'm finally getting a new car and was hoping for OTD for 2010 Yaris 4 dr sedan, Mazda3 4 dr sedan, any other compact 4 dr a/t power package deals?
    thanks and happy holidays
  • sancupertinosancupertino Member Posts: 1
    I live in Bay Area and looking for Toyota Yaris 4 Dr Sedan Black Sand Pearl with weather, keyless & cruise. Any advise on what's going to be expected price range? Any dealers here better than others in beating the prices?
  • rainingforcerainingforce Member Posts: 1
    I am looking at a 2010 yaris basic, 3dr LB Auto. What kind of price should I expect? including everything. Has anyone got a yaris recently??
  • arora2arora2 Member Posts: 2
    Hello,

I am looking to buy a new Toyota Yaris 4dr Sedan,Automatic Transmission, with Power Package in New Jersey . What would be an appropriate price (base price +taxes+registration)for the same ?

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    A reporter wants to interview people who are focused on achieving 30mpg or better in their next car puchase. Please reply to pr@edmunds.com by Fri, Oct 15, 2010 with your daytime contact info and a few thoughts on the subject.
    Thanks,
    Jeannine Fallon
    Corporate Communications
    Edmunds.com

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• nkaufman1nkaufman1 Member Posts: 6
    edited December 2010
    Got a 2010 Yaris, 4 door sedan in Northern Virginia, Power Package, Cruise Control, All weather guard package, Carpeted floor mats for $12,857 + $1643 for (Delivery Fee $760 + Processing Fee $389 + Tax $450 + Tags $44) for OTD of $14,500.

Also got 2 year/25K mile service package which will include 5 oil changes and a 15K mile service. Approx value could be around $200-$250

List price incl delivery was $16,978
    List price incl delivery was $16,978 + 389 + 450 + 44 = 17861
  • iluvmysephia1iluvmysephia1 Member Posts: 7,704
    when I first starting looking at a 2007 Toyota Yaris 4-dr. sedan with the 5-speed manual tranny in the spring of '06 I seem to remember a list price of around $14,995. That was before license, taxes, delivery, etc. I would've been very comfortable with that price in the spring of '06.

So you did great in your deal, IMO.

2021 Kia Soul LX 6-speed stick

• nippononlynippononly Member Posts: 12,555
    I'm just curious - did they actually tell you the 25K service package includes 5 oil changes plus the little 15K service, or did you assume it? I'm looking into getting a Yaris, so I'm very interested in knowing exactly what is covered under this program.

2014 Mini Cooper (stick shift of course), 2016 Camry hybrid, 2009 Outback Sport 5-spd (keeping the stick alive)

Toyota is offering a 2 year/25K mile free maintenance. After getting the car, I looked at the maintenance plan and it seems that Toyota recommends only regular oil changes/tire rotations at 6K/6 months for this car till about 90K miles. So basically, Toyota is offering only 4-5 oil changes. i.e a value of only $100 instead of what I'd initially thought of to be around $200-$250.
  • jamtracyjamtracy Member Posts: 75
    Well if you use dealer oil change prices you are looking at 150 - 200 dollars worth of oil changes. They are $40 a pop at the dealer where I live. So that is good.
    I think you got a very good deal for a 2010 Yaris with those options. Difficult to get them for much less, especially now with gas prices creeping up, I should think that the demand will follow . . . the Yaris sedan seems to have almost as much functional space as the Corolla yet costs a few grand less. I recently flew up north to a wedding and rented a Corolla SE and compared again the two cars . . .while the Corolla was a bit more refined and certainly provided more pep and a firmer handling package, for a daily commute warrior you cannot beat the Yaris for the extra gas savings and the reliability and refinement that it offers at such a low price point. I have owned my 2009 Yaris Sedan for 18 months now . . it has 41,000 miles and all it does is run flawlessly and gives me 34 mpp in mixed city/hwy driving. Since I drive over 2,000 miles a month, saving money on gas was a real premium for me, and with gas now at 3 bucks a gallon I am saving mucho denaro and the Yaris provides just enough creature comforts (AT, power locks and windows, keyless entry, a decent CD system, cruise control) to keep me happy until I get to work. Congrats on your new purchase and I i hope you enjoy your Yaris as much as I do my own . . . I even still have the original tires at 41,000 miles! . . .but they are real close to replacement time. O well, factory rubber is factory rubber, and frankly I am surprised that they have lasted as long as they have lasted. Take care and enjoy your new car.
  • pschiffepschiffe Member Posts: 373
    Oil changes are $34.95 + tax at my Toyota store in Buffalo-Niagara region.

Pete
    Yes, i do think that I got a very good price.

The couple of things that I didn't like were - gauges in the middle and no remote trunk opener.

But hopefully like you said, it would give me years of solid performance. So that would work.
  • zephearzephear Member Posts: 3
    Was this Manual or Automatic?
    Thanks!
    automatic.
  • sabdulsabdul Member Posts: 10
    Hello, everyone can you share purchase prices of 2012 yaris automatic around Maryland.