Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2007 Nissan Frontier

rocketman67rocketman67 Member Posts: 82
edited March 2014 in Nissan
Any rumors if Nissan will be changing anything on the 2007 nissan frontier?

Comments

• asaasa Member Posts: 359
    Not that I've yet heard, but there will be a few tweaks no doubt. '07s will probably start appearing on dealer lots in October and word of changes will appear by August or maybe July. I love my '06 SE CC 6-Speed.
  • rocketman67rocketman67 Member Posts: 82
    I've been searching high and low for any news on the '07 Frontier.
    All the people I've asked say nothing of major concern. As you know 'major' can be interpetid in many ways.
    So on that assumption I recently ordered an '06 Frontier NISMO 4x4 6spd. It's supposed to be here early June. I hope I made the right decision.image
  • harry41harry41 Member Posts: 1
    How did you do with the 2006? Is it 6spd manual. I tried to get a 6spd NISMO in NJ and it is not offered.
  • spang1spang1 Member Posts: 1
    I am trying to find out if the 2007 nisan frontier will have the sliding overhead rack the is utilized in the Titan.

The bed width is about 2 inches wider on the Titan....and i have been told it will not fit the Frontier. But was also told that the 2007 Frontier will offer the utili-track overhead sliding rack. If anyone can offer any info on whether it will fit the Frontier....or if it indeed coming out for 2007 ,,,that would be much appreciated... :confuse: :confuse: :confuse: . :confuse: . :confuse:
  • danielacostadanielacosta Member Posts: 132
    07 Frontiers have a long-bed option. 13" longer I believe.
  • jteenyjteeny Member Posts: 1
    Yes! Nissan is making the Crew Cab Available in a LONG BED! They are dropping the Granite Color and adding a new color called Desert Stone. There will also be a Value Truck Package offered which will include the contents of the Power Package, active brake limited slip, floor mats and bed extender all for a package price of $1,000 MSRP.
  • ralphrjrralphrjr Member Posts: 1
    The new 2007 Frontiers are on www.nissanusa.com
  • avrickavrick Member Posts: 1
    The long bed is great, but it seems that it is only available on the SE and LE crew, but not on the Nismo crew. That's kind of disappointing.
  • moparbadmoparbad Member Posts: 3,870
    It makes sense that the long bed is not available for the NISMO CC. Long bed is a detriment when offroading and that is what the NISMO model is all about.
  • togotogo Member Posts: 2
    Just got a new 2007 CC longbed SE 4x4 from the dealer yesterday. It is gorgeous. I was looking for a deal on a 2006 when the salesman showed me the long bed version and I had to have it. It is so cool it came with the power package, tow package and the bed liner and tie down system. Got a $500 rebate back on it to boot. I don't think I got the best deal but I walked out with it for $26,500. Boy was I excited.
    Enjoy it!
    What color is it?
  • togotogo Member Posts: 2
    Mettalic Gray
  • ron_mron_m Member Posts: 186
    Just got a new 2007 CC longbed SE 4x4 from the dealer yesterday. It is gorgeous. I was looking for a deal on a 2006 when the salesman showed me the long bed version and I had to have it. It is so cool it came with the power package, tow package and the bed liner and tie down system. Got a $500 rebate back on it to boot. I don't think I got the best deal but I walked out with it for $26,500. Boy was I excited.

Sounds nice. I saw a white, double cab, short bed Frontier the other day and it looked great too. I'm thinking about test driving one a week from today. I like the looks of the Frontiers better than those of the various Tacomas, F-series or GM offerings.
  • butler75080butler75080 Member Posts: 1
    Any experience with the factory offering?
    Wondering who makes it and whether it uses the utilitrack for install.
  • 07nismo07nismo Member Posts: 2
    I just bought a 2007 Nissan Frontier King Cab NISMO 4x4. I got the 6-speed, since I like driving stick. My truck has no extra options. I got it for $200 over dealer invoice.

After years of driving 4 cylinder passenger cars, this is a huge departure for me. This is also my first Nissan. Here are some thoughts after a week with my truck.

First, I love this truck. Utterly. I wander into the garage just to touch it and make sure it's still there. I know, that is obsessive. But, I'm enamored. Where to start? It looks great. The paint is perfect and build quality is excellent. Tight panel gaps, like a Honda or a Toyota. The interior is functional and durable. Turn the key and the VQ40 literally bursts alive with a quick throttle blip. It sounds aggressive. On the road, it rides like a big, smooth SUV on good pavement and gets only slightly bouncy on broken roads. The ride is not harsh at all, which is surprising for the NISMO, which has factory off-road Bilsteins.

The steering is probably the greatest part of the driving experience: the steering is heavenly. Sports car tight, a little heavy (which I like) and although the turning radius is wide, Nissan couldn't have set it up any better for my taste. Unlike American trucks with so little feedback and ridiculously light wheel effort, the NISMO feels glued down. Nothing breaks the NISMO off from its intended path.

Oh yeah, and this thing hauls. I can be loafing in 6th gear at 65 on the highway, and easily pass without downshifting. It has loads of torque in every gear. Take off from a light, shift from 1st to 3rd, or even 4th; the truck doesn't care.

Clutch feel and action is very good; shifts are slightly long but hey, this is a truck. Coming from a Honda manual transmission, I've had to spend a little time adapting.

When you climb back out after driving, you almost forgot you were in a pickup.. but there's the bed, factory bedliner and all, waiting for you to.. haul something, I guess.

I don't really need this truck. But I'm glad I bought it because I haven't had this much fun driving in a long time.

So, you see, I'm ecstatic about my truck. If you're even remotely shopping small trucks, you owe it to yourself to test drive the Frontier. It seems that Nissan has launched a sleeper Tacoma killer. Car and Driver rated this thing above the Tacoma in a recent comparo. Drive it, buy, it, love it. :)

Not a Nissan dealer, employee, etc.. just a happy customer.
    I just bought a 2007 Nissan Frontier King Cab NISMO 4x4. I got the 6-speed, since I like driving stick. My truck has no extra options. I got it for $200 over dealer invoice.

After years of driving 4 cylinder passenger cars, this is a huge departure for me. This is also my first Nissan. Here are some thoughts after a week with my truck.

First, I love this truck. Utterly. I wander into the garage just to touch it and make sure it's still there. I know, that is obsessive. But, I'm enamored. Where to start? It looks great. The paint is perfect and build quality is excellent. Tight panel gaps, like a Honda or a Toyota. The interior is functional and durable. Turn the key and the VQ40 literally bursts alive with a quick throttle blip. It sounds aggressive. On the road, it rides like a big, smooth SUV on good pavement and gets only slightly bouncy on broken roads. The ride is not harsh at all, which is surprising for the NISMO, which has factory off-road Bilsteins.

The steering is probably the greatest part of the driving experience: the steering is heavenly. Sports car tight, a little heavy (which I like) and although the turning radius is wide, Nissan couldn't have set it up any better for my taste. Unlike American trucks with so little feedback and ridiculously light wheel effort, the NISMO feels glued down. Nothing breaks the NISMO off from its intended path.

Oh yeah, and this thing hauls. I can be loafing in 6th gear at 65 on the highway, and easily pass without downshifting. It has loads of torque in every gear. Take off from a light, shift from 1st to 3rd, or even 4th; the truck doesn't care.

Clutch feel and action is very good; shifts are slightly long but hey, this is a truck. Coming from a Honda manual transmission, I've had to spend a little time adapting.

When you climb back out after driving, you almost forgot you were in a pickup.. but there's the bed, factory bedliner and all, waiting for you to.. haul something, I guess.

I don't really need this truck. But I'm glad I bought it because I haven't had this much fun driving in a long time.

So, you see, I'm ecstatic about my truck. If you're even remotely shopping small trucks, you owe it to yourself to test drive the Frontier. It seems that Nissan has launched a sleeper Tacoma killer. Car and Driver rated this thing above the Tacoma in a recent comparo. Drive it, buy, it, love it.

Not a Nissan dealer, employee, etc.. just a happy customer.

This afternoon I took a 2007 NISMO 4X4 for a test drive. The one that I drove was a white crew cab with an automatic transmission. It had a short bed, but included a bed extender and divider along with a roof rack. It didn't have a premium audio system or XM satellite radio. This particular truck rode and handled great for a pickup truck! I was very impressed with how quiet the cabin was at highway speeds as well. The only thing that I didn't particularly care for, and this is just my own personal nitpicking, was the material of the headliner. It just appeared a bit too cheap for my personal taste when you consider how much money a truck of this caliber costs. However, I could easily look over the headliner due to all of the many, many positive aspects of the truck that I noticed. The seats were very comfortable and their fabric had a really cool, rugged appearance to it.

I'm thinking very seriously about purchasing one of these trucks. It would be a major change for me compared to what I am currently driving the majority of the time, but I really do like the 4X4 NISMO crew cab.

Ron M.
  • 07nismo07nismo Member Posts: 2
    Interesting that you drove a NISMO with a roof rack. Was that a Nissan rack, or something the dealer put on? I thought only the LE came with the roof rack.

My NISMO also has the very base audio package. Just 4 speakers, and an AM/FM/CD head unit. No MP3 playback, no satellite, no auxiliary input. My feeling is that a truck like the NISMO deserves an uprated audio system, standard. It wouldn't really cost Nissan all that much. Lesser vehicles have MP3 and satellite standard now. I'm not too worried, as I have already ordered a package from Crutchfield: Alpine CDA-9856 head unit, XM tuner box, iPod cable, and four Infinity Reference speakers. $450 for the package, and I like installing things so I should be OK.
    Interesting that you drove a NISMO with a roof rack. Was that a Nissan rack, or something the dealer put on? I thought only the LE came with the roof rack.

I didn't ask the salesman whether or not the roof rack was a genuine Nissan part. On their Website I went in and did a 'Build Your Own' Frontier and the roof rack wasn't an option that could be checked on/off for the Nismo. But the one that I test drove most definitely had one on it. Also, I've seen a few around town the past couple of weeks that had a roof rack. Looks nice on the Nismo.

Ron M.
  • 2005lekc2005lekc Member Posts: 145
    My 2007 Brochure shows the roof rack as standard on the LE CC and as an option with the sunroof package on the Nismo CC.

OkieScot
  • linkfeeneylinkfeeney Member Posts: 58
    hey guys,
    I noticed the 2007 froniter lost 4 Horse power compared to the 2006. It was 265 now is 261??? they did the same thing for Xterra too! What did they do? went to the SAE rating thing?
  • mrjones944mrjones944 Member Posts: 8
    Almost all of the import models lost hp under the SAE ratings.
  • oxmeadoxmead Member Posts: 79
    just got a 2007 frontier le 4x2. I was thinking about a tonneau cover, but most of the ones i've looked at have mounting brackets that block the utilitrac system side tracks. any suggestions?
  • dwillis1dwillis1 Member Posts: 4
    Hello all,

thinking about buying a 07 cc longbed at the end of the summer. Was wondering how everyone liked their Frontier? I owned an 86' nissan with no xtra cab,no power steering and no power locks/windows. That truck got me everywhere and never missed a beat!!(even survived hurricane andrew) It sounds like the write ups are all pretty good on it. Any suggestions on add on's or not and what seems to be the going price now for them. Thank's for everyones time!!

Dan
  • moonman5moonman5 Member Posts: 1
    The nissan hard tonneau cover doesn't block the utilitrac according to the parts manager at my dealership. I ordered one when I purchased my new 07 frontier nismo crew cab. that was two weeks ago and it won't be here until probably the end of next week. There are sites where you can buy one a bit cheaper than the dealership here's one http://www.nissanwholesaleparts.com/pc-777-69-hard-tonneau-cover.aspx

Or if your looking for a soft tonneau that doesn't interfere with utilitrac for a whole lot less try

http://www.courtesyparts.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=CP&Pr- oduct_Code=999N3-D40TC
  • slaterson1slaterson1 Member Posts: 1
    hi,
    i just bought a blue 2007 nismo frontier king cab. it has the 4 speaker standard stereo in it and i want to put an alpine in. how did the installation kit from crutchfield work out? i have read in their reviews that the dashboard kit has gaps and generally doesn't fit very well. can anyone confirm or provide a good alternative?

thanks,
    slate
  • lball1lball1 Member Posts: 1
    I recently purchased a 2007 Nissan Frontier long bed and am interested in upgrading the factory audio system.

Before removing the door panels I was wondering if anyone had any information on how many and what brand speakers are used in the 2007 Frontier?
    Undercover tonneau is a hard tonneau that is very nice design and is only $650 or less if you shop around.

Does NOT interfere with utili-track.

Can be installed in 1/2 hour or at most 1 hour by a novice.
  • robalorobalo Member Posts: 3
    I sold a 2000 GMC Sonoma and bought a 07 SE 6speed. The boxed frame provides a better ride than my Sonoma and the V6 is very srong in all gears. The rack & pinion steering is very precise and seats are comfortable. I only have about 800 miles on it so can't comment on economy.
    Paid about $13,600 after selling the GMC.
    Hope that helps.
    The front door speakers are 6x9 and a lot of owners have said that Alpine SPS-69C3's fit fine with no modifictions. There's a two speaker version of the Alpine (SPS-69C2 ?) that fits just as well. Mine's a CC; CC rears are 6-1/2".

Mine's the low buck basic stereo and I think people suspect Blaupunkt made the OEM speakers for it.

Having written this, I have not torn anything out so cannot verify.
  • gsyoung1960gsyoung1960 Member Posts: 52
    Anybody know when the next generation Frontier is coming out?

Also, any word on what's next in the 08', and when is it coming out?
  • driver56driver56 Member Posts: 408
    The current generation Frontier will be in it's fourth year this coming autumn ( that will be the 08 ) so the next gen probably won't be available until approx. 2011-2012 ; my guess.
    Nissan does seem to change things around a tad more than some other manufacturers, being somewhat less conservative I think, the 08 Titan has had some grille changes, perhaps a new color, the same can be expected for the Frontier. Mostly subtle stuff.
  • h20diver2h20diver2 Member Posts: 1
    Does anybody know of a retractable tonneau cover that is compatible with the Frontier's utili-track system? I've considered other covers but I like the low profile, hard to notice retractable systems. I have a 2007 Frontier LE Crew long bed. Oh, by the way. I love it....
    2008 is the third model year of the current model Frontier.
    2005 was the first model year of the current Frontier.
    2010-2011 is a good estimate for a totally new design.
  • chewydanchewydan Member Posts: 1
    I just bought a 2007 SE Crew Cab SB. Like an idiot, I test drove one, and ended up buying another because it was the color, and had the options I wanted. It was wicked cold the day I bought it and I did'nt check it out like I should have. Anyway, The heat shields on this truck suck! They are the loudest, most irritating things I've ever heard! It sounds like a tribe of elves are living under the truck banging the exhaust pipes with forks and spoons. I even hear it with the windows down, idleing at a stop sign. It drives me nuts! I took it to the dealer twice, drove another Frontier to compare, and insisted something's wrong. The dealer says it's the heat shields and it's normal. Basically they suck too and won't do anything about it. I was looking at the shields. There are three of them and they are directly attached to the pipes with a small metal band. I could take them off so easily. What do you think would happen if I took them off? My truck isn't going to blow up is it??

Please help! I'm this close to cutting my losses and trading it in for a Toyota.

Also I read another message asking about prices and what people paid. The sticker on mine was $26,550. I got it for $25,000 and they took the $1,500 off that with the incentive so I ended up paying $23,500. Not great, but not bad. It's only a month old, has 1,500 miles on it, and I hate it! I'd take $21,000 now just to dump it off.
    05, 06, 07, 08 equals 4 model years moparbad. Have you heard or read anything regarding changes for 08?
    Thanks!
    I'll bet that the noise is a loose component and not just "heat shields" if you can hear noise at idle. I'd crawl under the truck, then grab and shake various components to see if you can isolate the bad actor. I own an '06 SE CC and have been reading Frontier forums for almost two years and have never experienced or read of a trouble like yours, so I suspect somthing's broken. Good luck -- we have a fairly new car that's been trouble and I know how you feel.
    You are 100% correct. My brain was not functioning well when I typed that.

The only major change that I ever heard about was the rumor that Nissan was going to introduce diesel engines in the Titan, Frontier and March in US. This was around the time when the Cube was being considered for import. Same diesel as the Navarra for the Frontier and International was to supply the engine for the Titan. March and Cube were both canceled/postponed indefinitely, emissions regs. combined with a percieved lack of interest for diesel in a mid-size truck doomed the diesel for the Frontier and the heavy duty version of the Titan was canceled so there went the need for a diesel in the Titan.
    With the announcement that Nissan will offer the '08 Pathy with a V-8, the rumor mill is working overtime suggesting that Nissan *may* also offer a V-8 with Frontier. Who knows, but I doubt Nissan would offer a Frontier with an engine that would challenge Titan, else they'd just cannibalize Titan sales. I wouldn't want a V-8 Frontier anyway -- my V-6 has an excellent balance of abundant power and decent fuel economy.
    The current V-6 Frontier has ample power as is, no need for an 8. The Pathfinder is a tad heavier, so some may think there is a need for more power and torque. Maybe the prestige of a V-8? I'd like to see Nissan put a diesel under the hood for the North American market. That could be cool!
  • steevosteevo Member Posts: 389
    Retrax. Thee is a diff model number for trucks with utilitrack, I assume thats so it doesnt interfere. Email them to make sure..
    Great sliding cover. I had one on a 2003 Frontier SC/LB. Locks up like a giant trunk, and slides out of the way when you need to load something big.
  • shadow20shadow20 Member Posts: 6
    i was looking at these and the tacomas i fell in love with my frontier, the min i stepped into it, its the SE model crew cab 4X4, it has the bed extender and tie downs and the spray on lining, 261 hp and 287 lbs of torque,the one thing that cought my eye was the track system in both trucks, the toyotas was made of plastic and looked cheep comparied to the nissans wich was made of metal,so far i am very happy with my truck, I would recomend this truck to anyone looking for a mid size truck. also the nissan frontier has the most power in its class and the most torque and towing at 6500 lbs.
    I like that the Frontier also has twin Util-Trak rails in the floor, which are great for blocking and bracing loads. I don't think Tacoma has rails in the floor.
  • codestercodester Member Posts: 9
    I bought a 2007 SE Crew Cab 4X4 Long Bed last week that included the sliding bed divider and bed extension. Can these be removed if needed? I have instructions that show how to lift the bed extension out, but that leaves the supporting brackets in the utilitrack.

Thanks
    you should be able to, mine came with the bed ex tender and i believe if you loosen them e nuff but not a;ll the way the hole thing should slide to the end of the bed by the tail gate, thats how i got mine out, so give it a try and let me know the outcome.
  • codestercodester Member Posts: 9
    I tried but the brackets won't slide out because the space beteween the track and the end of the bed doesn't allow enough room to slide out.
    did you try and call the dealer where you got the truck maybe there is a different way, i am sorry i couldn't be more help, any ways let me know , it could be that your track could have been damaged before you bought it and thats why the openings are a little too small.
    They slide out on the end against the cab wall. Tilt the end up as it comes to the end of the rail and it'll roll right out. I've had mine out several times.
  • zeliffzeliff Member Posts: 1
    Just bought a frontier SE CC 4x4 long bed after carefully looking at Toyota and Dodge. The Frontier is the best value by far. I found a querk in the option list. The Truck Value Package gives you 4 wheel positraction via Anti lock brake fundtion. The normal Value Package does not include this and cost more money. I don't believe any other 4x4 this side of landrover does this. Can make a big difference is slick driving.
    Love the truck so far.
    Congrats! I own a 07 Frontier Nismo Crew 4x4. The only other truck I seriously considered was the Tacoma SR5 4x4 with the TRD package, but preferred most everything about the Frontier, so it was easy for me in the end to decide. I've always been a bang for the buck kinda' guy, and you're are right, the value is there, no doubt.

Enjoy!
This discussion has been closed.