Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2007 Hyundai Accent v 2007 Toyota Yaris Lift

Comments

• hatchbackfreakhatchbackfreak Member Posts: 8
    Thanks for the very detailed comparison. I strongly agree with all your statements.

But did everyone notice that the Yaris should be compared to Hyundai Getz?
    link title

I think, the only similar with both cars to compare is the price. If the price didnt matter, I would have gotten a Corolla Hatchback.

Before I got into these cars (since we dont have Getz in the US), I know that the Hyundai has really bad resale value. But, if you really thought of it, bad resale value didnt really matter since, why would you wanna buy a new car if you intend to sell it? You'd rather go on a used car.
    So, my point is, I took what I want to use for a long period of time. Not the reselling afterwards. With a generous 10 year bumper to bumper warranty and 6 years on the drive train, theres no doubt in choosing the Accent.
    ====
    Heres my story..
    I ordered a Yaris for 15,700+ with Sportivo Suspension, 18" TRD Sport wheels and a 5speed Manual...And you definetely know what Im after for..FUN FACTOR with a FUEL ECONOMY car. All in all, my accessories was $4,400 for that Yaris LB.(Its a hatchback actually). ..luckily, i got denied.
    Yaris = $15,713.00
    Accent SE = $15,830.00

Im very happy to have the SE for the same PRICE.

CONS?:* Tall throws on stick shift (short-throw kit is available as dealer-installed option)

Now Im waiting to see the SR

Really a tough choice between the 2 actually.
    I was planning to put 17s OZ
  • backybacky Member Posts: 18,949
    Well, here in the U.S. at least, the Accent and Yaris are direct competitors, since as you noted we don't getz the Getz.

I would add that a major con for the Accent is its poor IIHS side impact test results. However, the hatch versions of the Accent and Yaris haven't been tested yet, and the body structures are different from the sedans, so it's possible the hatches will fare differently than the sedans (wider doors, more rearward B pillar relative to front seat). Also the Yaris gets better fuel economy than the Accent. But the Accent looks like the sportier choice, especially that SR. I wonder if we'll get that in the U.S.? I kind of doubt it. If Hyundai won't put nav in even its top-end models, and no auto climate control on the Elantra, I doubt we'll see an Accent with those features here.
  • lucynethellucynethel Member Posts: 81
    With the Yaris H/B failing side impact with the Government, I can't imagine it passing IIHS?
    Where did you see the NHTSA side impact ratings for the Yaris H/B? I couldn't find them on the safercar.gov site--just the scores for the 4-door, which were not great but it's not a "pass/fail" kind of thing. The NHTSA tested the Yaris 4-door w/o the optional side bags/curtains--no doubt why it got only 3 stars on that side test. The IIHS results without side bags/curtains were Poor for the side test--those bags are definitely a good thing to have!
  • tenpin288tenpin288 Member Posts: 804
    It looks like Ford is thinking about getting back into this segment in the US.

2009 Ford Fiesta
  • chicagogitonchicagogiton Member Posts: 18
    I was really leaning toward the 07 Accent SE, from reading this review on the automobilemag.com;

http://www.automobilemag.com/reviews/hatchbacks/0609_2006_hyundai_accent_se/

I test drove a MT Accent SE, was impressed.
    Since the Toyota dealer was just down the street, I test drove a MT Yaris hatch as well.

Here is what I came away with;

Styling
    The Accent is better looking, IMHO, I like the rounded body shape, and rear "spoiler". The Yaris is more stubby and toy like in appearance.
    Inside the Accent's dash is more conventional, although the glove box and center console storage compartment both felt flimsy. The Yaris' strange center dash didn't bother me, and I liked the many storage compartments, which were sturdier than the Accent's.
    The Accent's seats look better, but the Yaris' seats are more comfortable.
    Exterior colors for the Yaris are not very exciting, white, red gray, black, blue, but the Accent has a more adventurous palette, with ice blue, tango red (more of an orange), a handsome dark blue, and a fantastic looking apple green.

Performance.
    The Accent SE handled well, a tight suspension was immediately noticable, but hard cornering caused body roll and irritation from the salesmen. :mad:
    The manual shifter was unpleasantly notchy, I had to fight it a bit to change gears. Its a small engine but with the manual there seemed to be plenty of power for this type of car.
    The Yaris also handled well, mayby not quite as tautly as the Accent. But the shifter! So much better than the Accent's. Short throws, easy to shift, more natural shift position.
    I then drove auto trans versions of both cars. The Accent had noticibly less pull, and the transmission hunted gears alot. The Yaris also suffered greatly with an auto trans, but that auto trans shifted more assuredly then the Accent's.
    Get a manual version of these cars if you can, the MT versions are truly fun to shift and the cars feels like they have much more power, the autos take most of the joy out of piloting either of these vehicles.

Utility.
    The Accent's seats do not fold flat, there is a lip of maybe 3 inches. Not a deal breaker, but seems like most other makers have figured out how to make the seats fold flat.
    The Yaris' seats folded completely flat.
    Since both are hatches, a huge amount of room is available when folded flat. The Yaris has 2 integrated trays under the spare tire cover, great place to hid valuables. The Accent has a cargo cover which some have complained that it doesn't raise with the hatch like on previous Accents.
    But all in all, either hatch holds a similar amount, the Accent a bit more since its longer than the Yaris.

Value
    The Accent SE has far more included content, like ABS brakes, side curtain airbags, disc brakes all around. And of course the Accent has a much better warranty.
    The Yaris will have better resale value, but at these prices, depreciation doesn't matter that much if you keep the car for a long time.

Conclusion.
    The deciding factor was the shifter in the Yaris, so much nicer than the Accent. So I am pretty sure I will get a Yaris, but I think the Accent is close second. The Accent is more conventional in a positive way, compared to the Yaris' polarizing dash and bug like styling. But I enjoyed driving the Yaris so much better mostly due to the far superior manual transmission, and the styling has grown on me.

Hope this was helpful...
    A couple of things:

* There is a short-throw shifter kit available for the Accent as a dealer-installed option. I don't know if it's possible to test a car with it installed, but it might make a difference for you.

* The Accent's rear seat DOES fold flat. What you do is, lift the rear seat bottoms up and fold them forward so they are vertical, then drop the seatbacks, which fold flat.

Another thing to consider is that the Yaris scored much better in IIHS crash tests (when equipped with optional side bags) than the Accent. But only 4-door sedans were tested, so it's unclear if the results will translate to the hatchbacks.
    You are right about the seats folding flat, I just saw a youtube movie demonstrating how to fold the seats in the Accent, the salesmen didn't show me that.
    I read about the short throw shifter, I am sure it would feel different but probably not a way to test one, since its an after purchase upgrade. Backy, I am now back on the fence about these two cars :)
    The final clincher was insurance prices. The Accent was $52 dollars MORE to insure per month than the Yaris. Granted I live in urban Chicago, insurance is very high, people living elsewhere may not see such a disparity in rates.

Also, I tested another Yaris today, manual with convenience package and weather package, seems to be the normal base package in the midwest. First time I encountered the non split non sliding rear seat. It was fine, it folded flat, I don't think I need the split folding reclining seats.
    Also my first test drive at night, the center console is very nicely lit, nice contrast. The dealer is trying to get me the color I want, so new Yaris soon for me! :)

Also, I drove my friends Mini today, its of course a car with much better suspension bits, brakes, etc. But its HEAVY, the Yaris felt far nimbler. Also the shifter was much easier to use in the Yaris. The Yaris' cargo area is also much larger, as the Yaris is a little longer and much higher than the Mini. :shades:
    Wow, that is a big difference in insurance costs. You'll also save some on gas with the Yaris vs. the Accent.

Are you getting the SAB and ABS options? Tests have shown the Yaris doesn't stop that well w/o ABS, and the side crash results w/o the SABs are not encouraging. I have heard those options are becoming easier to find on the Yaris.
    Seems like the common config with a manual is weather and convenience package and nothing else. So if I want a Yaris anytime in the near future, no ABS or SAB.
    Carmax will special order such options but could give no clear indication of how long it would take. Mulling it over.
    Although adding ABS and SAB pushes the car into the 14k territory, and there are other choices in that price range to consider.
  • hatchbackfreakhatchbackfreak Member Posts: 8
    The seats dont fold flat even if you lift the seat towards front. Becky was right about the 3" high level.

Thanks for the heads up on the short throw shifter.

my mileage now is 4,300 from March 9th of 2007.
    No problems encountered at all so far. A good gas mileage can be achieve by using high-octane ratings.

Tested:
    87 Octane: 27mpg
    89 Octane: 31mpg
    91 Octane: 33mpg

Do the math :D
  • aladdinsanealaddinsane Member Posts: 182
    Does anyone know of a current website, or have any 4-1-1 in general concerning the U.S. version of the '08 Yaris (planned improvements, added optional equipment, etc)?
    I'm particularly interested in the LiftBack for '08.
    I read that the 2008 Corolla is moving up in size and scope, so I'm sure the Yaris (both sedan and LB) will pick up the slack, so to speak, to make up for the Corolla's up-scaling.

Please inform.

Many thanx- ;)

Peace!<- :shades: --
  • gy563gy563 Member Posts: 44
    Hyundai is selling limited versions of Accents in Korea.image
  • spike109spike109 Member Posts: 3
    Good thinking. You were able to save up on your insurance costs.

I went to Huyndai and I totally laughed at the Accent's styling. It's as bland as a Ford Taurus. The price was already $14,000 for the stripped model. As far as resale is concerned, one of these days when you go to trade in your old car for a new one, you'll be thinking about resale value.
    You need to find a different Hyundai dealer. One of my local dealers was advertising Accent GSes with the AC/stereo package for under $11k last weekend; no special "gotchas" involved. Personally I like the Accent's styling; the IIHS side crash test on the sedan is a turn-off for me though--not a good omen for the hatch.
  • joe97joe97 Member Posts: 2,248
    Backy's right. Unless the dealer has a shady business, 14K for the GS model? You eyes must have been deceiving you otherwise. 14K can get you a loaded Accent.

I really like the styling of the Accent. The SE is my favorite trim, which is argubly the most fun car under 15K available.

As for the Yaris, I am not a big fan of its styling, the front, especially, is a turn-off for me. Styling is subjective - different strokes for different folks I guess.
  • ttaittai Member Posts: 114
    I don't see a lot of resemblance at all between the Accent hatchback and a Ford Taurus, although I thought that particular Taurus was not too hard to look at.

I know when the '06 Accent sedan first came out, some people said the front looked a lot like a Toyota. The back of it reminds me a lot of the last Protege. The back of the Accent hatch reminds me a lot of the last of the true 3-door Civic hatches--not that overweight thing from the recent past, but from the 1996-2000 generation.
    So how are sales lately? I know the Honda and Toyota guys are just flying high with awesome products. The Ford and GM guys are dying. You must be really desperate if you're on the Yaris and Fit forums trying to sell people on Accents.
    This happens to be a discussion about a Hyundai and how it compares to a Toyota. How about we stick to the subject rather than making personal digs?
  • iluvmysephia1iluvmysephia1 Member Posts: 7,704
    I'm waiting for the people who think Toyota's are such a big bargain to wake up and smell the Starbuck's. Even my current car-provider, Mitsubishi, makes a more admirable offering than anything Toyota makes right now. Toyota's really got the buying public buffaloed.

And, yes, Toyota's will break down and Toyota will try and get out of reimbursing you for a failed component or part. I have read up enough on it to know it's true. Kia and Hyundai and Mitsu have the best Warranty in the car business and they stand behind it, too.

A good smack of humility would really be in order for Toyota and those that mightily praise them. More power to Hyundai and Kia. And Mitsubishi.

2021 Kia Soul LX 6-speed stick

I'm an artist. I get annoyed if I have to drive an ugly car. I chose the Yaris partly because it's just a beautifully designed car. Mazdas are nice too. When I looked at the Hyundai, all I can think of was "why". Oh man, they made a mini Ford Taurus. It's just as expensive to design a nice looking car as it does an ugly car. Look at the Chevy Cobalt. What was GM thinking? If I had to drive an Accent, I would be really angry.
    Different strokes for different folks. When I look at the Yaris hatch, two words come to mind: insufferably cute. The Accent hatch is more conventionally styled but I like it, especially in SE trim with the 5-spoke 16" alloys.
    boat by not offering the 5-door hatch Yaris. I would've at least test drove one of those before buying my '08 Lancer GTS. I just think that Toyota is over-rated and they offer a more lacking Warranty than Hyundai, Kia and Mitsubishi.

Add to that what I feel is better car body styling and Toyota is more to be avoided than bought. Toyota and Honda do offer excellent resale values and their reliable reputation are enough for most people to bite. Not I, though.

Actually, Toyota does offer the Yaris 5-door hatch, but it's called the Scion xD and it looks a lot different than the Yaris. Different as in "hideous", IMO. The Yaris is a thing of great beauty compared to the xD.

Consider however that Hyundai doesn't offer the 5-door Accent here either. Closest you can get is the Rio5, based on the same platform as the Accent, with the same engine.
    reviews, too. Apprently it's built for sport in terms of handling. The price is right, IIRC about $14,195. I have not shoved that little hatch completely out of my mind for possible purchase one day. I would definitely get the 5-speed manual transmission for my Rio5, no CVT or 4-speed automatic for that car.

The Rio5 is an obvious copy of the Mazda Protoge 5. The problem with the Hyundai, Kia and Suzuki is their suprisingly bad gas mileage. The magazines that review these cars have a bent towards sportiness so they tend to rate sportier cars higher. The Yaris has the best gas mileage which is why most people buy these cars. I predict many will be upset by the bad gas mileage of the kia and Hyundai.
    Strange as it may seem, I like to have a reliable car. I've missed enough work time because of having to bring a bad car to the shop to have warranty work done to be completely sick of it. Strangely enough, I also like eating on clean dishes, crash proof operating systems, and non-sticky movie theatre seats. Go figure. I must be part of the gullable masses.
    In case you hadn't noticed, Hyundais including the Accent are pretty darn reliable these days. I've owned two Hyundais so I can speak from some experience. They were as reliable as any other car I've owned, including three Toyotas. This isn't 1987, it's 2007 and times have changed.

Is the Yaris immune to problems? Not from what I see in the Yaris discussions. At least when the Accent has a problem, it's covered for a lot longer than the Yaris is.
    Yes yes. And Joe's ford has never had any trouble and Jenny's Dodge has 200k miles on it, blah blah blah. I like to play the averages. Sorry bud. Why bother with having to have warranty work when you can avoid it all together. There's a reason why Toyota and Honda are kicking butt.
    I like to play by averages too. But when the averages are so close in one area, like reliability, and so far apart on other areas that are important like driving position/comfort, controls/displays, handling, braking, price, and warranty (even though you never have to use it, it's a comfort to have it), reliability is not a factor. There is a reason (actually several) CR rated the Yaris so low that it won't recommend it despite its good predicted reliability and excellent fuel economy.
    Did you actually drive a Yaris or are you relying on CR for all your information. Wasn't it CR that admitted they falsified their test of a certain Suzuki after they were sued. Ed Wallace seems to think CR is a bunch of know nothing hacks. CR recommended the Ford Focus and then I found out what a piece of junk it was. I drove the Honda Fit, which thoroughly trounced the hyundai and heck, I still chose the Yaris. I also do SCCA solo trials and I stil chose the Yaris. You sell Hyundais. Bias? no? So who's zoomin' who?
    I don't know who is zoomin' who, but I don't sell Hyundais. I've owned a couple of them though, driven all the Accent trims and also the Yaris (twice). Which of the current Accent models have you driven? How many Hyundais have you owned? Since you own a Yaris, we know you are definitely biased towards the Yaris. I don't own an Accent.

Since CR doesn't like the Yaris (but does like just about every other Toyota model very much), they are "know nothing hacks." I suppose Edmunds.com, which also prefers the Accent over the Yaris, is a bunch of know nothing hacks too. Since you chose a car that was thoroughly trounced by the Fit, it's clear you buy the car that you feel meets your needs and not what the professional automotive press says is best. That's fine. Just as it's fine if some people don't think that getting a few more mpg and a little better predicted reliability are sufficient reasons to choose a car.
    My point exactly. So I guess calling someone who bought a Toyota a sucker is pretty dumb, huh. So comparing your Accent to a Yaris and arguing about it is pointless too. Finally Backy, you get it. Now I'm back to driving my lovely Yaris. See Ya.
    Who is calling whom a sucker? And I'll say it again, I don't own an Accent.

There must be a lot of pointless people around CarSpace then, since there's lots of comparison discussions here. I guess at least some people find they are a good way to get different opinions on cars they may be considering buying.

Have fun driving your lovely Yaris!
  • joe97joe97 Member Posts: 2,248
    What point is that? Re-read Backy's post. He never said anything about consumers buying Toyotas are suckers. Actually, on the contrary, I would say.

I have had a good amount of time in both the Yaris and the Accent, and would agree with Backy's assessment. I don't own either but the Accent, specifically, the SE trim, would be the one had I become an owner of one of these small cars.

Have you driven the Accent, by the way?

Enjoy your Yaris.
    gas mileage advantage of 35-37mpg over the Rio5's 32-35 is not a big enough reason to overlook the Rio sedan or Kia Rio5 hatch. With the Kia Warranty advantage and preferable Kia or Hyundai body styling my pick is the Kia then the Hyundai. Toyota and Scion are below them somewhere but probably not going to be chosen by this padre.

I'd include Mitsubishi but they are not producing rigs in this class at this time.

Using the 2008 EPA numbers, the difference is about 10%--31 AT, 32 MT for the Yaris, and 28 AT, 29 MT for the Accent for combined fuel economy--about $140 a year more per 10k miles with $4/gallon gas. Since I don't drive even 10k a year, that's not a biggie to me, less than $10 a month at current prices. But if someone drove a lot more miles...
  • roxy11roxy11 Member Posts: 27
    may be different. if you look at the average of actual drivers on fueleconomy.gov, the difference between the cars is more dramatic. comparing automatic to automatic, the yaris avg is 35.2 vs 26.3 for the rio. that is a pretty dramatic difference.

its difficult to compare manual trannies, as the rio doesnt have a big enough sample. a 2006 rio sample has to be used since there are only 2 drivers for the 2007.(i believe the 06 rio is the current model). granted there are only 8 samples even with the 06 rio, so that is a pretty small sample.

my experience with toyota has been that ive never had any trouble getting or exceeding epa mileage numbers. with the new 2008 method of figuring mileage, they'll be exceeded by a fair margin.

i really should have looked at the accent rather than the rio. anyway, the 2007 auto accent faired barely better at 26.6 mpg. again a small sample with only 7 drivers. researching all forums discussing any and all subcompacts before making a purchase, i found the trend to be poor mileage (for a subcompact) in the korean makes, while many yaris owners were exceeding epa numbers (im talking 2007 epa numbers-not the new ones which are even lower). the differences were far more than 10%. since mileage is a top priority for me, i did not need to bother driving an accent or rio, as i personally would never accept the type of mileage numbers that actual owners are getting.
    Wow awesome post! This is useful. like I said before, I looked at the Huyndai and Kia and didn't like the gas mileage at all. It sort of defeats the purpose of buying these cars.
    A couple of things about the fueleconomy.gov numbers:

* There are only 7 ratings for the 2007 Accent AT and 3 for the MT. Not very large samples, compared to the samples for the 2007 Yaris. The samples for the 2006 Accent (the same car as the 2007 but in sedan form only) are even lower.
    * Note that the mpg's for the 2006 Accents are significantly higher than for the 2007s. This is consistent with what I and many other Hyundai owners (per posts in CarSpace et. al.) have experienced, i.e., Hyundai engines are "tight" and get much better fuel economy as they loosen up, beyond 15-20,000 miles or so. Note for example the 2007 AT average is 26.6 while the 2006 average is 30.6, or 15% higher. The MT average is higher for 2006 also. This is consistent with what I saw on the two Hyundais I've owned. They both got 15-20% better fuel economy after the first 15,000 miles or so. (FE actually started going up after a couple thousand miles and kept going up.) After break-in, I had no problem exceeding the EPA numbers. And if you look at the fueleconomy.gov numbers, that is exactly what these Accent drivers are doing, except for the 2007 AT owners (1.4 mpg below the EPA average so far).

If you compare the average mpg of the Yaris MT drivers to that of the 2006 Accent MT drivers, the difference is 2.5 mpg. Not a huge difference. The difference for ATs is bigger, about 4.5 mpg. So if someone likes the Accent but wants the best fuel economy, they really need to get the MT--which is the way to go on small cars like these anyway, IMO.
    the problem with the accent numbers is the tiny sample size. there is less evidence that as they break in the mileage goes up, rather as the sample size increases (example only 4 cars for 2006 accent and 30.6 mpg, whereas 7 cars for 07 accent and 26.6 mpg) the true numbers start to show. the 33.8 on the 07 manual accent is based on 2 drivers, just not credible enough at all.

the yaris has a much larger sampling and i expect no matter how large the yaris sample gets, the numbers wont change much.

like i said, any prospective owners would serve themselves well to thoroughly read mpg sections for any applicable owner forums for these cars. i did and the results were clear. there are a few hyundai owners claiming good mileage, but that simply is not the trend.

im confident that the average accent owner will get around 5-6 mpg less than the average yaris owner. this is around a 15% difference.

with little effort, im averaging 42.3 mpg over 6 tanks with 70/30 highway/city driving in an 07 yaris. this is on an engine that has only around 2500 miles on it. i think i might squeeze 35 mpg out of an accent, but its only a guess.

bottom line is what your priority is and what your confidence level is. i dont think the accent is an awful car overall, but the mileage numbers, imo, are disappointing for a subcompact. (much like the chevy aveo)
    the problem with the accent numbers is the tiny sample size.

Yet you had no problem in your earlier post making generalizations about Yaris vs. Accent fuel economy using this small sample size. :confuse: So if it's OK for you to do that, I guess it's OK for me to do that. Anyway, I'm not just generalizing based on the small sample size on fueleconomy.gov. I am also using as a base many posts here on CarSpace and other forums that confirm that FE on Hyundais goes up significantly as the engine gets some miles. Thus I think it's reasonable to conclude that the FE numbers on fueleconomy.gov for the 2006 Accents are more representative of what to expect from the Accent than the 2007 numbers. And the 2006 numbers show a small difference in fuel economy (about 7%) for the MT, a bigger one for the AT.

I think you would squeeze better than 35 mpg out of an Accent after break-in, given that I have no problem getting low 30s in a 50/50 pattern on a much larger Hyundai (2.0L 138 hp AT) and over 40 mpg on the highway with an MT. A lot depends on driving style however. I would guess from your numbers that, like me, you drive with an eye to FE rather than a lead foot.
  • lhansonlhanson Member Posts: 268
    What is often overlooked is the difference in what it costs to insure these two cars. Typically the Yaris costs hundreds of dollars per year less than the Accent to insure. It is hard to believe, since they both have about the same replacement cost. Any ideas?
    i admitted in my original post that the sample size for the rio was quite small, and the same goes for the accent. i should have been using the accent, since that is what is being compared to the yaris.

i agree that nothing conclusive can be drawn from such a small sample of accents. its only my opinion that a larger sample size would bring the average to close to 30 mpg for an automatic accent, maybe a bit higher for a manual. however, i have to give more validity to the sample size for the yaris. yes, i drive with fuel efficiency in mind, but dont do anything drastic. i mostly watch my shift points and anticipate stop lights and signs. many people dont. much like my 5 speed corolla, my effort in getting 40+ mpg in the yaris is pretty minimal. for many, getting 35 mpg would be fine. for me, its not. my only tank with a solid 50% highway/50% city mix still gave me 40.8 mpg.

regarding insurance rates, there are so many factors to an individuals rates..for comparisons sake, i pay $580 per year on my 07 yaris with AAA, full coverage, michigan, 41 yrs old, completely clean driving record. im very pleased with my rates, but i know certain regions in the country would be much worse for me.

why should an accent be any more to insure? is it because the risk is spread over a smaller number of cars?
    Part of the discrepancy in insurance costs may be parts costs. In a recent IIHS report on low-speed crashes, it noted that the Camry's damage cost less to repair than other cars that suffered less physical damage, due to the relatively low price for Camry parts. Perhaps the same is true for the Yaris.
    In the Toyota Yaris discussion, ttai made a post about the sales numbers for the Yaris vs. other small cars, and there was a thread that started about why Yaris sales numbers are much higher than Accent sales numbers. One suggestion was that it was due to Hyundai shipping relatively few Accents here; here is ttai's response to that:

I saw a ton of accents at the dealer I went to. I doubt it's a supply issue. I can believe the Fit is a supply issue. Honda is shipping them very slowly.

How many was "a ton"? (Also interesting that you, the proud owner of a Yaris, would be visiting a Hyundai dealer. Looking to trade? ;) ) I stop by my nearest Hyundai dealer pretty regularly, to check out all the new Hyundai models (9 in the past 30 months) and for scheduled maintenance on my Hyundai. Typically, there's less than 10 Accents on the lot. Maybe 4-5 sedans, 2-3 GSes, and 1-2 SEs. I have never seen a stick SE on this lot, or any other Hyundai lot. (I've never seen an SE w/o the moonroof/sound system package also.) I did see a stick GS once. The dealer has told me that the stick Accents and base SEs fly off the lot as soon as they arrive and the others are selling well also. This story is backed up by the relatively low incentives on the Accent, just $500, lowest of any Hyundai except the brand-new Veracruz. If Accents weren't selling pretty well vs. supply, incentives would be higher.
    ummm Backy. When you go buy a car, you tend to visit different dealerships to see if you like the car before buying one. Soooooo. I did visit a Hyundai dealership to look at accents and completely hated it. I finally chose the Yaris. So did you need to know anything else like why is the sky up and the ground down.
This discussion has been closed.