Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2007 Toyota Camry Transmission Gear Snap Ring Issue: TMSUSA Responds

1235»

Comments

• Options
    kiawahkiawah Member Posts: 3,666
    How would you evaluate Toyota's performance in regards to their handling of this V6-auto transmission problem? Being in a critical response business my evaluation would be as follows, but would be interested in some others' thoughts who have actually experienced the transmission failure.

Report Card:
    "A" : General acknowledgment that a problem exists, was both open and timely.
    "A" : Prevented propagation of problem (new build). Stopped the mfg and distribution when problem first surfaced, as of some date.
    "D" : Prevented propagation of problem (existing inventory). No known/visible activities to take carstock out of inventory pipeline or on dealers lots that may be defective, and correct problems before new customers buy and experience problem. Some salesmen are cautioning buyers.
    "A+" : Responsiveness to owners who experienced defect. Loaner car, expedited transmission shipment/repair, warranty extension, buy back, lease payment....all top notch, best of breed.
    "F" : Pro-active preventive notification to owners who have vehicles subject to problem. No definitive VINdata provided, no data/information to give owners 'piece of mind' or early warning symptoms, no way to avoid potentially serious failure. Drive it and see if it fails approach.
    "B" : Communications. This is comprised of an A for Toyota stepping up in public forum to expedite information dissemination, and a C because information is not complete and detail enough. Rough helpdesk information startup typical. Dealer communications rough startup as well, but now reported as verygood.
  • Options
    sojerhoosojerhoo Member Posts: 6
    tmsusa - I have been following this discussion re: 6AT problem with great interest, as I am expecting delivery of an 07 XLE v6 on 05/15 (according to the dealer). Am I correct in thinking that my car was most likely produced with a trans manufactured after the "corrections" were instituted, and therefor should not be subject to failure?
    Thanks
  • Options
    cwopete2cwopete2 Member Posts: 6
    Just checked the build date on my car...March 2006. Hopefully this won't be a problem. The car is beautiful and runs very well. My 2005 Camry's transmission never shifted correctly, even after being reprogrammed per the TSB. The 2007 XLE V-6 has none of the hunting and hesitation I experienced with the 2005. The car has 388 miles (I've only had it for a few days) but so far, so good.
  • Options
    angela8angela8 Member Posts: 11
    Mine was built in March 2006 as well and my trans failed at 351 miles. The last four digits of my VIN are 0489, I hope yours is nothing close to that...if so good luck!
  • Options
    tmsusatmsusa Member Posts: 81
    Too many numbers and dates lately, so tmsusa won't even try to figure out that GPA, but thank you for the A-for-effort on communication, and we'll work on completeness . . .and getting the job done. Anything less than an A in customer satisfaction is unacceptable.
  • Options
    angela8angela8 Member Posts: 11
    Good News to report!

My trans arrived ahead of schedule on 5.5 instead of 5.9 and my car will be ready either today or Monday.

Thanks for all of your assistance.
  • Options
    tmsusatmsusa Member Posts: 81
    That's terrific news angela8. Thanks for working with us on this issue and for your patience. Very much appreciated.

I've seen the dialog on this forum slow the past few days, and tmsusa feels he has provided as much information to readers and participants as is available right now. We make over 2,000 Camrys daily and are continually working to ensure those vehicles and all of our other cars and trucks wind up in the hands of happy owners, built with the highest standards of quality.

We regret the transmission issue with our brand new 2007 Camry v6 6-spd automatic and appreciate very much the direct candid feedback provided by our customers and others via this forum and through our dealers and Customer Experience Center.

For now, I'll remind readers here that our representatives and case managers are thoroughly familiar with the transmission issue and eager to help and answer questions. They are contacting customers, but you can get them by calling our center at 800-331-4331.

If there are any new developments re this issue, tmsusa will be happy to jump back in the forums and talk directly with you. Thanks for your participation.
  • Options
    patpat Member Posts: 10,421
    Thanks very much tmsusa! We've really appreciated your participation and your efforts here. You've been most helpful.

I hope things go well enough that you don't have to come back to deal with any other problems, but we'll be glad to have you back under any circumstances!

:):)
This discussion has been closed.