Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Toyota Camry Hybrid Extended Warranty & Service Package

124»

Comments

• regztfenregztfen Member Posts: 7
    My warranty from Mid Kansas says agreement effective date is the date I purchased the vehicle.
  • saz25saz25 Member Posts: 152
    Hi,
    I took delivery of a new 09 TCH yesterday. Of course the dealer brought up the issue of ext warranty. He gave me his prices, which he claims was about 20% less than MSRP. (Toyota Platinum). I told him the quotes I received from Midwest, which were approx 40-50% less than his prices. I would have bought it from him had he come close, but he said he couldn't sell them for those (MIdwest) prices.

Supposedly they are the largest Toyota dealer in NH and have been around for decades.

Your thoughts? Should I just buy it from Midwest? I assume I'm comparing apples to apples.

Thanks,
    Steve
    If one dealer can sell it low then they all can. The Toyota Platinum is the same everywhere and you can use it at any dealer. GO MIDWEST! Save!
    Hi,
    I tried again to get my dealer to match Midwest's price and they said VSA TFS Platinum 0 deductible cost for Camry Hybrid (class T4) 7 years 75000 is $745.
    They said there is no way I can buy this anywhere for less than that. Are they pulling my leg?

I have a call into Midwest and I expect to speak with them later today.
    Thanks in advance,
    Steve
    Take to Jerry Johnson. He quoted me 7 YEAR 75,000 MILES $619.
  • mayday1951mayday1951 Member Posts: 12
    It may be that Midwest can get a better price than most dealerships because they sell sooooo many policies. Or maybe they sell them below cost because they get some kind of bonus or something. Whatever the reason, you shouldn't pay more than $619 for the 7/75 -- unless you like throwing money away!

BTW... I found that calling Midwest in the evening was easier to get through to someone; they seem to be really busy during the day.

:)
  • papahayespapahayes Member Posts: 1
    Just purchased an 07 Camry Hybrid with only 3300 miles on it, dealer offered six additional years (2014) of Platinum warranty for $1450. After reading some of your comments it would seem that Midwest Toyota deal is much better. Toyota of Dublin, CA states that the insurance from Kansas would not necessarily be valid in CA. As a new owner of a Toyota, and not familiar with warranties, HELP please and advise. I have only two days to decide
    Your dealer is stating that I as a TCH owner who purchased an authorized Toyota warranty from another state would not be covered if I were traveling through your state and had a break down. Tommy Rot~! The authorized Toyota warranties are valid at any Toyota dealer. He is trying to get MONEY! Decline, buy Midwest, I did.
  • jiggebobjiggebob Member Posts: 2
    marshalltoyota.com has recently built a warranties section into their homepage, samll texas dealer looking to sell more warranties...useful information along with a quote request, they have said they will match / beat prices...
    I, too, was told the same baloney, but I called Toyota Financial and they said that a Toyota Extended Warranty sold by ANY dealer, in ANY state, would be valid in ANY state in the United States.
  • cschooler2cschooler2 Member Posts: 1
    Reading thru previous messages, the price quotes from Midwest Toyota seemed too good to be true. After first verifying with Toyota Financial that the extended warranty could be purchased anytime withing the original warranty period and from any dealer nationwide, I called Midwest and verified the prices in previous posts.

The salesman said the reason they could sell the extended warranty so cheaply was that they used the proceeds to offset any previously sold warranties that are turned in. Huh? Well, it turns out that people who purchase the extended warranty, and then decide to trade the car in within the original warranty, get back most if not all of the cost of the extended warranty, and this "rebate" is levied against the dealer selling the extended warranty. He also said that, for purchasers outside their dealership area (greater Hutchison area), they sell the extended warranty at cost (I bet they make a small profit).

To summarize, they make their money selling it at a higher price in the Hutchison area, and hedge any potential refund by selling( over the phone) offsetting policies at cost.

I will pick up my new Camry Hybrid this afternoon, will politely decline the "generous" offer from the dealer, and call Midwest Toyota. BTW - there is no way to get the extended warranty online from Midwest.
    When I called and discussed this same thing, he told me they make something like $45 per warranty, but they sell so many that its well worth the effort.

I bought my Camry Hybrid here in NH, was quoted more than twice the price for the warranty at my local dealer. So I declined and bought it from Midwest over the phone. This was in July.

Steve
  • cmsgtzcmsgtz Member Posts: 4
    Just my 2 cents worth from upstate NY....

Ordered my 2009 TCH last May, arrived last Thursday. When ordering, dealer offered me the extended warranty for $1900. I declined. When picking up the car, they said there was a sale on and I could get it for $1100. I declined. Yesterday I called Midwest and bought the premium plan (7/75000 with zero ded) for $619. Transaction was simple, give them your VIN and a credit card number and you'll get your policy via the mail.
  • wvgasguywvgasguy Member Posts: 1,405
    I'm still keeping my fingers crossed. I passed on the extended warranty and am approaching 60,000 miles on my 07TCH with no problems. I might have considered a 100,000 mile warranty, but 75,000 was only three years of driving for me and just was not that much more than the 60,000 mile factory for me to worry about.
  • heathinsdheathinsd Member Posts: 24
    I too called Midwest this morning and ordered a Platinum Protection Plan for my '07 Hybrid. I have 35,000 miles on my car and decided to bite the bullet and get it, just in case. I picked up the 7 / 100,000 plan for $964. Hmm, I didn't think to ask but I hope that was for a $0 deductible...

For those interested in buying one too, here are the two prices I was quoted:

6 / 100,000 - $799
    7 / 100,000 - $964
  • rscotts54rscotts54 Member Posts: 47
    I cancelled the extended warranty on the TCH that I sold and bought a new one for my RAV 4.

Here are the latest prices on the Genuine Toyota Platinum Warranty with $0 deductable:

09 Toyota Camry Hybrid:
    6yr/ 75,000 Mile $514
    6yr/100,000 Mile $799
    7yr/100,000 Mile $964

07 RAV 4
    6yr/100,000 Mile $654
    7yr/100,000 Mile $780

These prices are from Midwest Toyota Superstore Talk to Mark or Jerry: 1-800-530-5789. They kept saying, "You can't believe the number of warranties we sell because of the web postings."

All they need is the vehicle VIN, mileage, and the date of purchase. The whole think took about 10 minutes.

No, I don't have prices on other models/plans. Howver, I'm sure they would give them to you over the phone.

Yes, they are the "real" Toyota Warranty, not aftermarket.

Yes, I've purchased from them before and have been pleased.

No, I don't work for them, didn't get a special deal, etc., etc, etc.

Enjoy!!
  • swadewadeswadewade Member Posts: 9
    Is the warranty they sell good in California. My dealer in CA. said it probably wouldn't be good in CA. because CA. has strict emissions regulations.
    The OFFICIAL Toyota warranty is the same everywhere as I understand it. It isn't written differently for different states.
    Toyota's warranty is good in EVERY state, regardless of where you buy it. Before I purchased mine from Midwest, I talked to Toyota Financial and they assured me my car would be covered anywhere in the US -- and I live in California, too!
    I cancelled my extended platinum warranty from sunnyvale toyota in CA. and bought one from midwest toyota 7 year/100,000 mile zero deductible. for $964
    Good all across the nation. Yes!! Peace of mind for great price.
  • tmurali73tmurali73 Member Posts: 2
    Can any please give me the url or phone # for the midwest insurance.

thanks
    Got my warranty in the mail in about 2 weeks from Toyota Financial. VIN# and everything is now registered with Toyota and Platinum Warranty is good!!!
    Can't beat the price for 7 years/100,000 miles bumper to bumper coverage 0$ deductible!! Go MidWest Toyota in Kansas and talk to Jerry!!
    Look at previous posts and you will find the number.
  • downwinddownwind Member Posts: 11
    I contracted the beg of Oct for an extended warranty for my TCH and to date haven't received anything in the mail. Numerous phone messages go unanswered. Anybody else have this difficulty?
  • lovethelabslovethelabs Member Posts: 2
    I was wondering if you had received your warranty yet? i just purchased a 2009 Prius and was looking for a Toyota extended warranty. Every comment up to yours was very positive.
    Yes, received my warranty in the mail in about 2-3 weeks from Toyota Financial.
    I see you had another reply, but from me, nope, not yet. After MarkM refused to return any of my messages, I sought additional help and FINALLY got a committment from Jerry on Dec 9 to get it going. He said he personally took it over to the "counter" to have it processed - but what happened to the original request? - who knows. Anyhow, I called again on the 23rd and Jerry said I should have received the paperwork by now. I said I would check back in two more weeks, which will be Tuesday. I will post again at that time. He assures me I am covered, but proof?
  • BobLazerrBobLazerr Member Posts: 1
    So,, I have a n extended Platinum Warranty for 3 years, 100,000 miles. I would like to change it to a longer time period. Is it possible to cancel before the 35k manufacturers warranty runs out? I paid 1,000 for the warranty at Herb Chambers in Massachusetts
  • lovethelabslovethelabs Member Posts: 2
    I was wondering if you had received your warranty yet? It's now two weeks later than you thought you might get it. I am a little leery of purchasing this online. I checked out if Midwest Superstore was a legit Toyota dealership, and it is listed by Toyota. I can't understand how the price is less than half of what it is here in Oregon. Please let me know your status. Thanks.
    Yes, I finally got the thing sorted out. Seems the original rep did not follow through on the request, but another rep ran with it and got it done. He assured me that he handles dozens of warranty requests daiily and mine was a rare case of midhandling.
    I got my warranty from Toyota Financial a long time ago. It is valid in all 50 states and is legit. My Dad also bought a Tundra and purchased the 100,000 mile warranty and received his from Toyota Financial. If you pay more than $1000 you got ripped off.
    MidWest Toyota is legit.
  • turn_on68turn_on68 Member Posts: 4
    Anyone familiar with Toyota not covering a part failing, because of "normal wear and tear?"
  • diggydiggy Member Posts: 1
    I just experienced the samne failure and read of the same failure in the "Green Hybid" Forum. It sounds like a design problem if rock can penetrate the front grill this easily.

My vehicle is still in the dealership. I am expecting a higher invoice then $16.00 for the inverter radiator. What was the total cost for your repair and what did they replace?
  • turn_on68turn_on68 Member Posts: 4
    No you misunderstood my question I was asking about Toyotas policy under warranty in General. You can try and fight it, but it sounds like you are saying a rock flew up and damged your radiator? I would put a small screen beteen your grill and the radiator if that is the case? Which side is the rock entry on? Usually the AC condenser is in front of the radiator. My wife is gone with our TCH right now I will look at it when sshe gets back. I have lost two windshields going to and from San Antonio on I-35 on my Lincoln Mark VIII from rocks from gravel trucks that seem to not care how much they drop out behind them.
  • dbillingdbilling Member Posts: 3
    Not a lot of recent activity on this topic, but figured I would post my experience. My 08 Camry hybrid is 2 years 11 months old, so I was shopping for a Toyota Financial Services Platinum Extra Care extended warranty with zero deductible before the factory warranty runs out. It appears purchasing from a non-local Toyota dealership gets you by far the best price quotes, as apparently some dealers are hungry for out of state business. I ended up going with Crown Toyota in Lawrence, Kansas who offered $775 for a 8/75 and $1175 for a 8/100. To get the quote I just googled them and hit the "contact us" button to send an email asking for a quote. Purchasing process was quick and painless.
  • datalynxdatalynx Member Posts: 1
    Just purchased Toyota Extra Care Platinum warranty with zero deductible from Jerry at the Midwest Superstore in Hutchinson, KS for my 2008 Toyota Camry Hybrid purchased new in December 2007. I live in California. Prior to purchasing I called 2 other dealers which come up a lot in the various forums. Doug at Danville Toyota (Illinois) and Troy at Toyota of Greenfield (Massachusetts).

Here are their respective quotes:

Midwest Superstore in Hutchinson
    7yr/100k = 999.00
    8yr/100k = 1149.00
    no sales tax

Danville Toyota
    7yr/100k = 1100.00
    8yr/100k = 1250.00
    no sales tax

Toyota of Greenfield
    7yr/100k = 1055.00
    8yr/100k = 1215.00
    no sales tax
  • ralithralith Member Posts: 1
    Anyone have an update on this? Still using Midwest?
    I have my platinum warranty through them for my 2012 Hybrid. $999 for bumper to bumper for 10 yr 100,000 miles.
  • ri_galri_gal Member Posts: 2
    10 Year? How is that possible? I thought the max that Toyota offers is 8 year / 125K