Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Honda Fit Maintenance

Comments

• jacksan1jacksan1 Member Posts: 504
    The Maintenance Minder is not so smart as to being able to know whether or not your reset is bona fide. It is not 100% mileage dependent, nor is it independent. However, it assumes that your reset is due to an actual bona fide action. If you reset, for instance, without changing the oil at all, the percentage will be back at 100%, and go from there on the basis of all the variables that the MM is supposed to take into consideration.
  • svofan2svofan2 Member Posts: 442
    I am about to get a 2008 Fit Sport and I don't mind the maintenance minder for any other related items in maintenace (which is very good) but when it comes to oils/filter changes, which I like to do myself, i wonder if anyone knows how to reset the minder off once you have changed your own oil and filter...
    Has anyone found this out?....for the Fits in specific?...
    Thanks for any help...
    I haven't done it on our Fit, but resetting the Maintenance Minder on Honda cars generally works this way:

(1) Hold down the tripmeter reset button;

(2) Turn the ignition to "ON";

(3) Keep holding the tripmeter button, something like 10 seconds;

(4) Turn the ignition to "OFF."

This should reset the MM by the time you turn the engine on again.

Please, everyone, jump in to correct me if I'm wrong.
  • kagedudekagedude Member Posts: 407
    My 2007 Fit Sport manual is a nick below 60K miles, 2 years old and is due for the NY inspection. I figured I needed to replace my brakes so I stopped by the Honda dealership to pick up some brake pads... they were charging $71 for brake pads while their price online/shipped from the same store is only $53. What a rip! Luckily I didn't buy it. My family mechanic looked at the brakes without knowing the mileage yet and he said my brake pads are still new. I said over 50%? He said more like over 60%. To his shock to see the mileage. Haha. It would be cool to reach 100K miles with the original pads.

One thing I can't save on are tires... Its going to cost me $500 with alignment but at least I saved myself $250 for the pad and cut-rotor job. I don't want to stray too much from the Dunlop stock. It gave me close to 60K miles of even wear. I'm going to try the Dunlop Signature tire. Supposedly, its quieter and sticks more than the SP 31.

The Fit is definitely a low cost maintenance car. I drove off my mechanic's shop with $10 less in my pocket. :blush:
  • rogeriusrogerius Member Posts: 2
    I'm from Canada, Ontario and I got a remainder for B1 maintenance code on my Fit. I decided to go as usually at my dealer for an oil change as I did previous with the A1 code. My surprise came when he gave me the estimate = 202.88$ + tax. When I asked what is included in that price he show me the description: oil change + aprox. 10 inspections points. The price for an oil change is 38.88$ + tax which will result in 164$ in inspection work.
    My question: Is this inspection for B1 mandatory? I agree to pay for an oil change, but not an extra 164$ for 20-30 min of dealer work as inspection.
    Thanks.
    Rogerius.
    How many miles do you have on your Fit?

IMHO, I would have the dealer just rotate the tires and change the oil. All the checks and inspects, you can do on your own.

The number 1 is to rotate tires.
    The maintenance minder B is for below.
    Replace engine oil*1 and oil filter
    Inspect front and rear brakes
    Check parking brake adjustment
    Inspect tie rod ends, steering gear box, and boots
    Inspect suspension components
    Inspect driveshaft boots
    Inspect brake hoses and lines (including ABS)
    Inspect all fluid levels and condition of fluids
    Inspect exhaust system#
    Inspect fuel lines and connections#
  • rogeriusrogerius Member Posts: 2
    Thanks Kagedude for your advice. I got 19.000Km (11.875miles) on my Fit for B1 code.
    Is possible the dealer to say the warranty is void because they didn't make all those checks and inspects? Did you find in the owner's manual to show those inspects are mandatory?
    Thanks again.
  • wgewge Member Posts: 16
    I read a piece on the Honda VTEC engines that said they had two plugs per cylinder. Does this apply to the 1.5L FIT engine? Looks like I can only find one plug per cylinder with a coil-on-plug arrangement. Might there be another plug hiding under the intake manifold? It will be a long time before it is time for plugs, but I am interested more in the engine's design at this point.
    I have 59,600 miles on my 2 year old Fit Sport and I've never had the dealership do a B maintenance.... I do go every 6K miles for an oil change and every 12K miles for a tire rotation. I've never had issues with my Honda dealership regarding warranty coverage.. not that the Fit needs a lot of dealer trips. Only warranty issue I had was my A/C switch breaking when it was brand new.

I got the B schedule from Honda's owner link. Inspects and checks are what it is... inspects and checks. A lot of the fluids have level indicators... (brake, oil, tranny, power steering). IMHO, I am 99% sure your brake, power steering and tranny fluid levels are okay. :P 11K miles vs 59K miles? Your's is a baby. :blush:
  • gonewtoncardsgonewtoncards Member Posts: 1
    I have the EXACT same problem in my car.
    Just wondering if you ever figured out the problem.
    Any information would be much appreciated.
    Thanks!
    For whatever is worth, let me say that I just bought a Fit 08 and expirienced the saame thing,but I must add that this "vacuum effect" was also present in my old 90 Toyota Corolla that I owned for 18 years. I don't believe it should a great concern since it is a vacuum created by not having the 4 windows open...incidentally I also own an 08 Toyota Sienna Limited and when I have tried to open the rear sliding door window..guess hwat? I get the same....like the old joke said.."if it hursts when you do that..don't do it"
    ..I ahve the same situation with my 08 Honda just purchased,but if it is of any consolation I had this "vacuum" situation with my 90 Tpypta Corolla that I drove for 18 years...and also with my 08 Toyota Sienna Limited...it is like the old joke..."if it hurts when you do that...don't do that"....I don't think it a concern at all...enjoy the Fit it is a lot of fun,right?
  • fitisgofitisgo Member Posts: 40
    Regarding your fuel economy of 20 mpg, it's highly unlikely (but not impossible) that there is a mechanical defect with your particular car. Consider some of these other possibilities: tire pressure too low, poor quality fuel, using non-stock size tires and wheels, using winter tires (which have real sticky rubber and get less MPG) in warm weather, aggressive driving (leadfoot starts, scream up to stops signs and brake hard), prolonged driving at high speed/high engine RPM (such as > 65-70 mpg or > 3,000 rpm), driving in areas with high winds or constant head or side winds, driving in hilly or mountainous terrain, driving at high altitude, driving on roads with a lot snow or heavy rain on them (increased rolling resistance). There are probably a few more variables I didn't think of here. I have 2 08 Honda Fit Sports with auto trans. My 20 yr old son drives his with a leadfoot/aggressive driving style and is averaging 28-29 MPG. I'm in my 50s and driver very conservatively and am averaging 30-32 mpg.
  • pfleggspfleggs Member Posts: 6
    I was performing a spring cleaning on my 2007 Fit and noticed that there is considerable dried salt brine around the rear seat belt lugs/bolts and a rivulet down to the floor. The bolts are easy to view if you lift the rear seats. The infiltration applies to both the left and the right seat belts which increases my suspicion there are more vehicles with this issue. Since the leak made it into the cab, I'm curious how much salt is now sitting between the painted steal and the plastic and felt trim.

I've taken some pictures and am considering submitting them to Honda for review as this could be a potential problem to the safety system in the vehicle. Can anyone provide a link where I can get this fast-tracked?

Any one else notice a leaking problem?">
    I changed the tires last week on my 07 Honda Fit Sport 5spd manual with 60,574 miles. The ride feels like new again. The only thing I notice now is the engine sound is more noticeable along with what I think is a very subtle, very light whirring sound. You notice more when you accelerate or decelerate. It reminds me of those small motors you stick a battery too. The sound it makes when it stops (whirr!). :P

After googling for the symptoms, I did find 2 possible causes or preventive measures that generally applies to most cars - Manual oil tranny change and the limited-slip differential oil change.

Can someone confirm if these can be done on the Fit? I checked the manual last night and it stated to change the oil at 60K for the auto tranny but just check the oil level for the manual. It also doesn't have a service interval nor mentions the limited-slip differential oil.

Hopefully, its just my ears not used to the new tires. I got a little concerned because Edmund's long term Honda Fit already suffered a tranny issue.
    It also doesn't have an service interval nor mentions the limited-slip differential oil.

I didn't think the Fit came with a limited-slip differential. I could be wrong, though.
    You might be right for rear. I checked the 360 view on Honda's website and I don't see it.

A Jazz forum did show how to replace the M/T differential oil seal so maybe its in the front?

Either way, I found out I still have powertrain warranty. I'll schedule with the dealer to check. My warranty is 63K now not 60K. :) Honda increased it by 5% as a result of a settlement I guess.
  • pmedwaypmedway Member Posts: 1
    I am in Canada and have a 1.5 year old fit bought October 2007. Only 20,000 kilometers and one service visit so far. I am a pretty conscientious person and read the manual pretty closely.

My MM is on 5%. I am going on a trip so I called the dealer for service appointment. None available for a week. So, I asked "What is the wiggle room in going on the other side of 0%?? He said "No, you're supposed to bring it in at 15%." and started giving me the SCARE STORY, "Brakes must be checked, etc."

I got off the phone, got the manual, and it does not say that it must be taken in at 15% but you can go to 0%.

So, back on the phone to him and I told him he was wrong according to the manual. "Well, that's what I'm told." So, here's a major car manufacturer and their service people do not even know the manuals. We are supposed to believe that!

So, transfer to the Service Manager who immediately backed off. Yeah, 0% and to the minus, he said 1500 kilometers on the negative side of 0% was okay to keep the warranty in force. BIG DIFFERENCE!! (Of course, if my tranny drops out on the trip, they would deny the warranty.)

So, there's much more to the MM than this. It is there so the CONSUMER can't know exactly when the thing needs servicing. On my first run with it, it went from 15% to 0% a helluva lot faster than from 100% to 15%. So, they are keeping the CONSUMER off balance and also, as they tried with me, to get you in earlier and make more MONEY. Over the life of the car, a couple extra UNNECESSARY service checks means big dollars for them.

Beyond that, there are two other points.

1. I suspect they may be playing with the MM chips to see what CONSUMER reaction is. They monitor that at there service centers. How many complaints? Do CONSUMERS swallow the stories like they tried to feed me? Soon, if you are a steady customer, car after car with them, they may customize the MM chips to the CONSUMER. Keep in mind they will have all their data on your cars at their fingertips. A chip calling for quicker and more frequent service for the less wary customer and another with longer intervals for the more watchful and questioning customer. Just change the chip when it is in for servicing.

2. We have a lot of telcenters here where I live and most of the job is to manipulate the callers. Well, Honda employs the same tactics with their employees who are taking your call, like the guy with me today. The name of the game with all these corporations is to maximize revenue and manipulate CONSUMERS.

At the end of the day, the MM is just another ripoff.
    You might be right for rear. I checked the 360 view on Honda's website and I don't see it.

A Jazz forum did show how to replace the M/T differential oil seal so maybe its in the front?

For the rear definitely no differential gears exist, since the Fit is front-wheel drive. I have not been able to find any reference made for the limited-slip diff on a Fit, so I am assuming that it is not in the front, either.
  • rob22315rob22315 Member Posts: 31
    You just explained why sildra9on should take his/her vehicle to the dealer and have it checked. With poor driving, the Fit should get 25-29 mpg, with good driving it should get 30-38mpg. If you're consistently getting 20 mpg on a stock Fit - something is mechanically or electrically wrong with the vehicle. The first owner check is tire pressure, then air filter, parking brake, fluids. If there isn't anything obvious wrong with these, take it to the dealer. Unfortunately, most posters with this problem haven't gotten satisfaction from the dealers. Many owners report mileage on these vehicles continues to improve through 6K-8K miles. I got 32 mpg out-of-the-box on my AT base until I put the 15" OEM tires on it. My last tank was bit low but no where near 20mpg.
    Anyone know how to remove the rear window wiper blade? I tried to replace the whole wiper but there doesn't seem to be a quick tab to remove. The manual only shows how to replace the rear wiper insert. Thanks!
  • dranchekdranchek Member Posts: 1
    The dash in my '07 Fit Sport with 16,700 miles has rattled since 1500 miles. It started behind the center blower vents and shortly covered the entire dash, the glove box cover and something in the front passenger door. I took it to the dealer, Jones Honda in Lancaster, Pa. about 1 month ago. They fixed the glove box cover and the passenger door rattle, but none of the dashboard rattles. The Service Rep, Adam, told me "The cars are inexpensive and they rattle, it's just the nature of the beast". Adam went on to say, "You can bring it back, we'll look at it again but we'll never get the rattles fixed. If this wasn't under warranty and you (meaning me -the customer) had to pay for this repair, you'd just live with it". I wonder what Honda of America would say about that? I strongly feel the rattles are caused mainly by the harsh suspension. There is no absorption of expansion strips or sharp road irregularities. The low profile tires don't help, either. The other fit drivers I talk with have the same rattling problems. Some don't mind the noise, others don't seem to care. I'm considering pursuing this for the required 5 visits then hiring an attorney and envoking the lemon law. I'd love to see the look on the Honda reps. face when my attorney reads the statements made by Adam of Jones Honda in Lancaster, Pa.
  • anahita61anahita61 Member Posts: 110
    Hey gonewtoncards, I still haven't taken my car back to the dealer to get the vibrating gear shift checked out. I can't go during the week so I'd have to use a Saturday to sit at the dealer while they check it out, and after the last experience where I wasted two hours and they balanced the tires instead, saying that was the problem (which it clearly was not), I hesitate to deal with that dealership ever again.

Since I figure it's not a threat to the car itself, nor to me, I'm waiting 'til I go in for my next oil change, which is coming up soon. I'll certainly post the results of my visit (I will be trying a different dealer, that's for sure).
  • kcbrigkcbrig Member Posts: 6
    I had the same issue. The dealer got my car from another dealer who had the alloy wheels on it & I just wanted the base wheels so the other dealer changed them out, but didn't reset the TPMS... They told me to drive it for a day or 2 because sometimes it'll come on if there's a temp change in the air (went from 80 to 60 outside). That didn't work so I dropped it off in the morning, they took me to work, and by 1pm it was fixed. They did use some gas testing it out and didn't refill it so they're replacing the gas next time I go in... But the dealer does need to reset it. It does make me wonder about getting the oil changed & tires rotated at just a regular oil change place though - and I was thinking about getting the alloy wheels (I can get them for less than the dealer charges so I didn't want the dealer ones) and I kind of worry about the hassle of that...
  • cactustexcactustex Member Posts: 1
    Maybe it's me but.......I have been researching the Fit and went for a test drive today. I can't remember the last time that I've been in a car that was so noisey---maybe my Volkswagen Beetle in high school. On the highway you could hear and almost feel every expansion crack, hear the difference in every road surface texture as it changed, etc. Not even my (small) Porsche 911 was so conspicuously annoying in this regard. Was it just me? Anyone have experience with "insulation" applied to the bottom? Comments? Thanks.
  • dark_angeldark_angel Member Posts: 2
    Hi anahita61 I'm new on here. First of all I'm from London England and I just had my Honda Jazz (2003) serviced today and they spent 9 hrs still cannot fix the problem which exactly same as yours. All the gears working fine except 5th!!! Everytime I go down the motorway, once in 5th gear and speed reaching 60mph - 1) the buzzing noise comes on and I put my hand slightly and gently push the gear stick towards top right it stops! 2) it vibrates as well now spreaded to 2nd gear...its like a virus :sick: BUT hand off, noise comes back! Very annoying indeed and have to put music on loudly plus my terrble screaming style singing to cover the noise :). Anyhow, the technician serviced my car tried 3 time still not helping, he finally slapped on some white gluish-like lubricant into the gear (the gear linkage I believe) as i took the plastic cover off when i get home and i saw the grease!!!

I drove it for an hour on highways AND in town, try to run it the gear hopefully the grease will gradually melts into the stiff part (as far as I concern there aint much ppl have the spot on solution yet) but using the grease its used by alot of ppl out there to stop this problem only 50-60% cases successful!

I will keep it running around in next couple of days to see whats happening, cuz the noises seem lowered at some point but louder again. So i cant tell u whats next until then. Let me know if u have ur fixed.

Good luck! :shades:
  • flunkywillflunkywill Member Posts: 1
    :surprise: just purchased 07 honda fit w/26k miles. after 2 weeks i've found water under rr seat and less under lr seat. what did you do to resolve?
  • conservativeconservative Member Posts: 5
  • conservativeconservative Member Posts: 5
    The 2009 Fit owner's manual states "Do not change the oil until the scheduled maintenance time." Does anyone know for sure if there is break-in oil in these vehicles?
  • norton56norton56 Member Posts: 6
    hello all,
    I am planning on buying a fit sport auto in may and taking a road trip with it soon after. my questions are: how does the fit handle large road trips? is it harder on a new car to do a road trip right away (conflicting info online) and should i schedule an oil change in the middle (indiana to cali) the whole trip is going to be about 6000 miles.
    +any advice is appreciated! :D
  • tiff_ctiff_c Member Posts: 531
    I am planning on buying a fit sport auto in may and taking a road trip with it soon after. my questions are: how does the fit handle large road trips? is it harder on a new car to do a road trip right away (conflicting info online) and should i schedule an oil change in the middle (indiana to cali) the whole trip is going to be about 6000 miles.
    +any advice is appreciated!

I have a 2009 Fit Sport and while it's not the most comfortable car on long trips it's not terrible. Just the seats get to me after 3 hours of sitting in them non-stop.
    But the car itself will have no problems and as long as you vary your speed you will be ok. You will likely go 8-10,000 miles so no need to schedule anything for only a 6,000K trip.
  • marcommmarcomm Member Posts: 1
    I've noticed the same problem in my '07 Fit. Did you ever find out what was causing the problem?
  • anahita61anahita61 Member Posts: 110
    Hi dark_angel, I'm really late seeing your comment, but I'm headed to Honda tomorrow, to a different dealer to get it looked it. I'm going in for an oil change, but while it's still under warranty I thought I'd get them to see if they can fix it. It's really annoying, but hopefully it's not damaging. I, too, have to play music loud to mask the sound of it. It's only when I'm accelerating in 5th gear after a bit of travel at highway speeds. The grease doesn't sound good, so I hope they don't try that with mine. Thanks for your comment. :)
  • dark_angeldark_angel Member Posts: 2
    Yo buddy! Its ok, i got crashed into another day in the roundabout by a truck so the car is in the honda dealership for repairs at the moment. Spke to the mechanics and he said looks like the bearing is on the way out and its gonna cost me around £450 to change them (ouch!) but at least i got the repairs done for free as the other side is liabled to pay for it!

They gave me this brand new Jazz but i still prefer mine for some reasons. Anyhow i'll keep it til next year from now. They've also tried them grease method, it didnt work on mine. Dont worry they use these industrial grease which wont damage your car but it stinks and digusting, looks like someone's sick. :sick: Its a mystery still but hope they will have a good look at my car and find out whats wrong with it. Thanks for replying and good luck buddy! Have a nice summer btw :shades: ciao~
  • bdye82bdye82 Member Posts: 1
    My 08' Fit Sport just passed 30k miles. So far I gather that I need an oil change, tire rotation, air & cabin filter (with links on where to get the original filters, thanks). How about a transmission fluid flush? Or spark plugs? These are both items the dealer and local repair shop are reccomending. All feedback is appreciated,

• fit2btied2fit2btied2 Member Posts: 1
    Funny you should mention the transmission fluid flush. I'm at 40K and the service tech told me I needed a transmission flush--at $155. I passed for the present because I wanted to try and find out what was recommended by Honda, not by this particular dealership. Seems like every time I go in for an oil change they want to do something extra.
  • blueiedgodblueiedgod Member Posts: 2,798
    I am in Canada and have a 1.5 year old fit bought October 2007. Only 20,000 kilometers and one service visit so far. I am a pretty conscientious person and read the manual pretty closely.

My MM is on 5%. I am going on a trip so I called the dealer for service appointment. None available for a week. So, I asked "What is the wiggle room in going on the other side of 0%?? He said "No, you're supposed to bring it in at 15%." and started giving me the SCARE STORY, "Brakes must be checked, etc."

I got off the phone, got the manual, and it does not say that it must be taken in at 15% but you can go to 0%.

So, back on the phone to him and I told him he was wrong according to the manual. "Well, that's what I'm told." So, here's a major car manufacturer and their service people do not even know the manuals. We are supposed to believe that!

So, transfer to the Service Manager who immediately backed off. Yeah, 0% and to the minus, he said 1500 kilometers on the negative side of 0% was okay to keep the warranty in force. BIG DIFFERENCE!! (Of course, if my tranny drops out on the trip, they would deny the warranty.)

So, there's much more to the MM than this. It is there so the CONSUMER can't know exactly when the thing needs servicing. On my first run with it, it went from 15% to 0% a helluva lot faster than from 100% to 15%. So, they are keeping the CONSUMER off balance and also, as they tried with me, to get you in earlier and make more MONEY. Over the life of the car, a couple extra UNNECESSARY service checks means big dollars for them.

Beyond that, there are two other points.

1. I suspect they may be playing with the MM chips to see what CONSUMER reaction is. They monitor that at there service centers. How many complaints? Do CONSUMERS swallow the stories like they tried to feed me? Soon, if you are a steady customer, car after car with them, they may customize the MM chips to the CONSUMER. Keep in mind they will have all their data on your cars at their fingertips. A chip calling for quicker and more frequent service for the less wary customer and another with longer intervals for the more watchful and questioning customer. Just change the chip when it is in for servicing.

2. We have a lot of telcenters here where I live and most of the job is to manipulate the callers. Well, Honda employs the same tactics with their employees who are taking your call, like the guy with me today. The name of the game with all these corporations is to maximize revenue and manipulate CONSUMERS.

At the end of the day, the MM is just another ripoff.

A simple DIY will blow a hole in your conspiracy theory.

time to roll up the sleeves and get dirty. :P
    I've had my 07 Honda Fit Sport 5spd manual since April 2006 and it now has over 90k miles. Aside from oil changes at 6k mile intervals, new tires at 60k, manual tranny oil change at 84k miles, it still rides and drives like the first day I bought it.

I keep thinking every time I come in to the dealer that I would need new brakes but at the 84k dealer visit, they said I still had 60% of my front brakes and they don't recommend to change until 20% wear. I also said to change the radiator fluid but they said its rated at 105k intervals.

Looking at my Fit brochure, it has 100k mile or more tuneup interval. Definitely do not change anything aside from the fluids and filters unless the maintenance minder states so.
  • hmownerhmowner Member Posts: 23
    According to 2009 Fit Shop manual, for "severe" driving condition, you should change A/T transmission fluid on 37.5 K miles and then every 25K miles after that. However, your fit maintenance reminder should tell you when it is time to change the transmission fluid (it's reminder #3). For "normal" driving condition it's 2x the number above (i.e 75K for first, and then at every 50k)
  • houseofjonhouseofjon Member Posts: 1
    I changed the oil in my 2008 Fit this morning. How do I reset the gauge to read 100%

Thank you
  • shawnklayshawnklay Member Posts: 1
    1. Turn the ignition switch to the ON
    (II) position.

2. Press the select/reset knob
    repeatedly until the engine oil life
    is displayed.

3. Press the select/reset knob for
    about 10 seconds. The engine oil
    life and the maintenance item
    code(s) will blink.

4. Press the select/reset knob for
    another 5 seconds. The
    maintenance item code(s) will
    disappear, and the engine oil life
    will reset to ‘‘100.’’
  • xlbabiixtinexlbabiixtine Member Posts: 2
    I was driving today. All of a sudden, when I was driving close to 20 miles per hour, my car would shake. After it passes 20 mph, the car drives smoothly again. I try driving it again, around 20 mph to see if it was just the wind. It happened again, and I knew that from there on, that the noise was still there. I don't know exactly what happened to the car, but I'm worried and upset now, because my car has problems again.

Does anyone know what happened?
    Hi all, I just came back from the dealership and did the coolant service for my 2007 Honda Fit Sport 5sp man which just hit 101,866 miles. The service was supposed to be at 105k miles but I did it earlier since I noticed from visual inspection the reservoir tank looked empty.

After the service, I checked the reservoir tank again (unscrewed the cap) and it looked below min level. I also opened the radiator cap area and I can not see any visible coolant.

Honda's manual states "The coolant level should be up to
    the base of the filler neck. Add coolant if it is low."

A question for the same gen Fit owners - The radiator cap area is connected to the radiator via a hose. Am I still supposed to fill coolant up to the radiator cap level?

Thanks in advance.
  • hqly2001hqly2001 Member Posts: 92
    Hello,

I noticed last week that my cruise control and the sport feature doen't work on my fit. The lights for CC doesn't turn on at all. When I put the gear to
    S, the sports feature doesn;t show up and it drive like in D mode. Anyone have such problem? The horn and emergency lights work. Thinking it might be a switch problem?
  • jeff618jeff618 Member Posts: 29
    I'm sure you've figured it out by now but I thought I'd pipe in... Trico makes the special rear blade for the Honda Fit, its called 'Trico Exact Fit Rear Integral Blade'. You can get them online. The removal and replacement instructions are right on the package. Hope this helps.
  • jeff618jeff618 Member Posts: 29
    Honda did a pretty good job trying to get you back to the dealer for wipers...

The Honda Fit’s 14" passenger side and 28” driver side replacement windshield wiper blades are very hard to find in the newer-style beam blades. The 12" rear is also very hard to find because it’s a special rear blade that fits the special rear arm.

After a ton of research, I found an aftermarket set-up that works: 'Trico NeoForm Beam Blades' on the front (yes, they have a 14" & 28”) and 'Trico Exact Fit Rear Integral Blade' for the rear (yes, it fits the special rear arm and looks like the original). All of the above come with step-by-step, illustrated removal and replacement instructions - easy install. Got the whole set-up online.
  • trustworthy1trustworthy1 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 08 Honda Fit Sport with Dashboard Rattles and Clicks. Local Honda dealer tells me that the dashboard is held on with pins on the windshield side of the dash. The only way that they can fix this is to completely remove the dash and put felt around the pins. They don't advise removing the dash. I guess they expect that people should just put up with this major annoyance. Maybe if we find enough people with the same problem, we can start a class action suit and then we will get some results. As you mentioned the suspension does not absorb bumps very well and this is a contributing factor for this problem. I have only 8500 miles on my Fit and its been doing this since about the 5000 mile mark. I also, had a clutch shudder/chatter problem which was most noticeable when the car was cold. The dealer contacted the Honda Tech Rep and they were told to replace the clutch disc, pressure plate and throw-out bearing. They did and covered under the original warranty. Clutch shudder/chatter gone for now. Hope it doesn't come back in a few thousand miles. Maybe I should sell it before it happens again. And the dashboard rattles and clicking gets worse. My advice to all having problems with their Fit would be to keep a journal of dates, problems that service tried to fix, and names of the people at service that you dealt with. ANYONE HAVING SIMILAR PROBLEM PLEASE CONTACT ME. THANKS
  • sideshowcarlsideshowcarl Member Posts: 1
    My wife and I recently purchased a 2010 Honda Fit Sport. The dashboard started rattling around the 5000 mile mark on the odometer. This is really annoying and I traded in my beloved (yet increasingly troubled) 2006 Scion for this car. We own a 1999 Honda Civic with over 300,000 miles on it and Consumer Reports consistently gives high marks to the Honda Fit so that is why we bought it. I like the Fit but the dashboard rattle is beginning to drive me insane. I've read in various forums online that there are many potential causes of the rattle. Some have been fixed and some haven't. Fortunately, I live near a independent mechanic that only works on Honda automobiles and I will have him take a look at the dashboard rattle next time the car is due for an oil change. My wife and I were very excited about this car but are now a bit disappointed. The cruise control is another issue. When pulling inclines (steep or not steep) the cruise control on the Fit revs up the engine to 4 to 4.5 on the tachometer. Does anybody in the United States make/sell a decent, affordable car anymore? :(
  • PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    Noises can really get into your head once you notice them, can't they? And I agree with you that cruise control on non-manual transmission cars drives me crazy. One of the reasons we've had nothing but sticks since 1979!
  • bobw3bobw3 Member Posts: 2,989
    When I use cruise on the highway, I keep it in Sport mode and leave it in 5th gear. Yes, it will downshift and rev up on bigger hills, but not as quick as compared to leaving it in Auto mode.