Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Land Rover LR2

1495051525355»

Comments

• I have driven the LR's on loaner when my truck is in for repairs (which is often) and quite frankly, the drive on the LRs is worse than the Sport. I found a lot of play in the steering and there is a good amount of vibration. Keep in mind these have been loaners I have driven, but wanted to let you know my experiences with them. The $2,600 is a lot of money, but these cars are known to be costly to repair. Its a trade-off. Also be weary as to who is backing the warranty. If it is not Range Rover, I would not even bother getting it. I thought the certified pre-owned only cost $2,000 for the certification/warranty. This sounds like a third party and when your car breaks, these guys are going to be difficult to deal with. As a side note, the other day a tow truck guy broke my suspension on my rear wheeel by jacking it up incorrectly and it cost $1,300 to repair.
  • We have sent our 2008 LR2 into the LR dealer 3 times now for the same problem: it is burning oil like crazy (1.5 quarts in 3,000 miles) with no signs of leaks, spills or cracks. The customer service rep told me that she has a call into HQ, but LR has said that it is normal for an LR2 to burn a quart every 1,000 miles. I'm not a mechanic, but I know this is a ridiculous amount of oil and it sounds like an excuse to get out of anything they may need to do to fix it properly. Can anyone give me any advice or direction? Please?