Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Land Rover LR2

Comments

• bstoeckerbstoecker Member Posts: 10
    Yahoo. Took my LR2 to the Verizon store and the tech guy got my Motorola Q to work today.

So for I'm getting around 17.6 mpg. This weekend I take it on a road trip to Iowa. So I'll see how good the gas mileage goes up. :P
  • drojtdrojt Member Posts: 10
    Good Luck to you! :D
    The attached is a listing of phones that will work:
    http://www.landrover.com/assets/ca/en/Owners/About/LR2_masterlist_EN_v2.0.pdf
    I have a Pearl and am out of luck for now! :cry:
    Sorry but it seems that the Q also does not work. :cry:
    But you still have one great vehicle.
    Perhaps in the future LR will provide some flash updates to include more phones.
    Also, LR Chantilly is having an event of some sorts this weekend. I'll confirm and post for those of us in NoVA!
  • ronxlr2ronxlr2 Member Posts: 46
    I had the same problem with my Samsung A900. The LR2 can't find it at all. I went to the Sprint store the other day and they let me take one of the new Samsung UpStage phones out to my car to test. The LR2 picked it up just find and loaded the address book with no problems. Your dealership should have a list of all phones known to be compatible with the LR2 bluetooth system. Since the Moto Q is a relatively new phone, I'm not sure whether they'd have that one on their list, but you could always ask.

Rob
    UPDATE: My Motorola Q is working with my LR2. The tech guy at the Verizon store played around with the setting on the Q and now I'm a happy critter again. :D
  • 47074707 Member Posts: 12
    The Samsung A900 is on the list of phone that are supposed to be working with all the features... at least the A900M. :confuse:
    yeah, apparently the A900m works... the A900m was kind of like a "bug fix" version of the A900, which pisses me off. Instead of figuring out how to fix the A900 with a software update, Samsung decided they could make more money by just offering a new phone to fix all the bugs they introduced with the original A900.... so, the A900m works fine but the A900 doesn't work at all (with the LR2 bluetooth system)
  • verdugoverdugo Member Posts: 2,286
    http://www.ownerinfo.landrover.com/extfree2viewlrprod/index.jsp

Sorry Steve. I won't post links to other forums.
  • misswhomisswho Member Posts: 19
    I've had my LR2 for 2 weeks now and I LOVE it! Narvik Black/Ebony Leather/Pixel Metallic Trim with all 3 pkgs. The first day I had it, I took it off-roading and tested out the Terrain-Response in the gravel mode and mud/ruts mode. AWESOME! This baby climbed up some crazy stuff--there were 2 other Jeeps on the same trails and they weren't able to make it. :P The hill-descent is also amazing--you can control the speed with your cruise-control function--it was really cool descending the steep, rutty hills with such control.

What I love...
    I haven't seen another single LR2 on the road anywhere--I love having a different vehicle than everyone else!

The Dolly surround-sound is amazing!

Driver position--I am only 5'1" and the seats don't feel too huge, I don't feel engulfed by the car, and can see everything. I love how spacious the car feels, but I don't feel like I'm driving a monster--is very agile and quick, good turning radius too.

Pixel Metallic Trim--since my car is black ex/black int, I really like how the brushed silver looks instead of the wood trim.

Auto-headlights & Rain-sensing wipers--just had a couple days of storms and the LR2 adjusts levels of both. I don't have to do anything--or worry about turning things on/off. (Makes me sound so lazy!)

Adaptive headlights--I took my car up into the mountains at night on curvy roads and these headlights illuminate everything. Very nice--Xenon is great. Have you other owners turned on your brights? Hahaha...they are what they say....

I wish...

Like everyone else, I wish the bluetooth had more compatible phones. I've been waiting to get the new iPhone and I called LR--they said it for sure WON'T be compatible.

I wish there were more of a center console.

That's it. I LOVE this car!

Ok...one last p.s.
    Yesterday when I started my car to go home, the light for the adaptive-headlights came on and started blinking. I looked it up in the manual and it said the blinking indicates some fault with the lighting system. Called the dealer and they said I need to bring it in. Kind of disheartening since the car is SOOOO new. Has anyone else had this light come on?
    I can certainly attest to what you said about the bright lights... I was coming home from the grocery store the other day, driving down a long, curvy, dark back road. It was really the first time I had even thought about trying the brights, but when I did, WOW! It made it seem like daytime! ;)

I haven't experienced the service light you mentioned, but I have had a strange thing happen twice now with the audio system. The other day when I started the engine, there was no sound coming from the stereo. I tried turning it off and back on, cycling through FM, Sirius, CD, and Auxiliary with my iPod, but no sound. The sound didn't return until after I had turned the car completely off and restarted it. It was disappointing, but I didn't worry too much about it since the sound was back. That happened about a week ago. The same thing happened again this morning, but again, sound returned when I stopped the engine, took the key out, replaced the key, and started the engine again. Now I'm concerned. Since it seems to be resolved easily, I'll probably wait until my first scheduled service appointment to have it looked at. Has anyone else experienced anything similar?

Rob
    I have not experienced any problems yet with my new LR2. My mileage keeps getting better everyday. This weekend I take it on a road trip from Chicago to Iowa. Can't wait to see what this gets on the open highway. :D
  • 08lr308lr3 Member Posts: 76
    Now thats what I call break-in period :sick:
  • bookernutbookernut Member Posts: 7
    I am ready to order my LR2!!! The only problem is I can't figure out which color to get. I have only seen the Zermatt Silver/black leather combo in person. I have been searching the internet for photos of every possible color/ angle, and I can't decide what I like better. I have narrowed it down to Zermatt Silver / Black leather or Stornoway Gray / Alpaca leather. Or I am wondering if Zermatt Silver / Alpaca leather would look strange. I know I am overthinking this way too much, but if anyone has any opinions, I love to hear them!
  • nimbusdognimbusdog Member Posts: 5
    I got the Stornoway Gray/Alpaca combination and love it. They didn't have it at the dealership I bought it at, so they had to bring it in from another dealer. My salesman did think I was a little crazy when I asked about it though. He said that Stornoway Gray is almost always ordered from the factory with a black interior. That may effect your ability to resell, but I didn't care. I really wanted the Alpaca interior with that car.
    That is the combo I am leaning towards. I guess the reason why this decision is so hard is that I have always had silver cars....I like the classic look and the fact that they always look clean (even though that is usually far from the truth!), so going with the Stornoway gray would be going out of my "comfort zone"! I am glad to hear that you love it... hopefully I will be able to make up my mind soon!
  • thewonthewon Member Posts: 5
    I was leaning toward towards the Stornoway Gray/Alpaca combination, but the nearest one was 500 miles away at the time of my purchase. I settled for the Stornoway Gray/Black with all options, including extending the warrenty to 100K. I was interested in the Alpaca due to hot temps here in Valencia, CA. Black should hold up better for resale. I ski 4-5 times a year in the Sierras thus the cold package.

My LR2 to date has been great...

Lots of great comments about the styling, comfort and functions by friends and onlookers.

Power and handling are awesome...feels more like a sports car than SUV. Nav and Lights are awesome.

Next time around here in the States:
    LR needs to option Roof Rack instead of Sunroof.
    Improve fuel economy
    Add homelink
    Add lift-glass to the back hatch
    Longer Warrenty

I have not seen another one on the road yet, but I'm sure I will.
  • vinnieg1vinnieg1 Member Posts: 53
    I have an LR2 without nav. The cold weather package heats the front window (wire in window). So far I have tried 2 types of compasses neither worked. I think interference from the heated windshield. Has nayone found a compass that will work?
  • presspress Member Posts: 17
    I am leaning towards the Stornaway Gray with Alpaca as well. Way back I had a post of what LandRover should include and in addition to the items listed, I really can't understand how they skipped the homelink. Also, I feel the NAV screen should be used for other info-Sirius,indicators, etc. I will probably order the raised roof rack with cross members. Cant't find out the cost of the raised rood rack, but was stunned when I found out the crossbars cost $300. Have you stuffed the trunk yet. My only concern is that there isn't much room to haul "stuff".

Press
  • andybl29andybl29 Member Posts: 8
    I agree with you...Alpaca is a very nice looking interior. Mine is Whistler white/Alpaca. I've received a bunch of compliments on the color combo, but mostly on the interior.
    Would the Zermatti Silver with Alpaca look strange? I like the silver and I like the Alpaca interior... I am not sure how they would look together though... has anyone seen this, any thoughts?

I understand the roof racks will be available in the US this summer, pricing not known at this point... those are a must for me...but hopefully they won't break the bank!
    i'm absolutely loving my Tambora Flame LR2! They said it was going to be a limited edition type color, which would make it even cooler, but I didn't base my decision on that at all. I've gotten lots of compliments on the color -- it's hard to explain, because it's like a luxury "adult" version of orange... there are many cars out there that come in some sort of (burnt) orange color, but i have always thought that color looked juvenile and cheap.... the LR2 variant on the orange color actually looks very sweet, and draws even more attention as you can imagine.

here are some pictures i took a couple weeks ago.

http://picasaweb.google.com/robchristie1/LR2
    yeah, Stornoway Grey would've been my second choice (after Tambora Flame), but i would definitely go with the Ebony Black and Pixel Metallic trim if i had gone that route.

One of the reasons I decided against the Stornoway Grey is because it was too similar to the 330Ci I was trading in and I was ready for something different. The tambora flame is both luxurious and fun, and I am very happy with my decision. I have to say, however, that this color is harder to keep clean than I had thought it would be. I may have to look into mud flaps eventually, because everything that sprays up on the paint just behind each tire shows up.
  • drsm00thdrsm00th Member Posts: 10
    Someone with the Stonewall gray car said they extended the warranty to 100k, how much did that cost you?
  • betasigma98betasigma98 Member Posts: 12
    I have the Baltic Blue with Alpaca interior and I love it. I had it shipped in from another part of the state to get that combo. I originally liked the black interior, but my wife felt the Alpaca was more "classy" looking. The dealer had a Tambora Flame one, but it was not loaded out (that color was my second choice anyway). I went to the auto show 2 weekends ago and people were all over the Tambora Flame on display. I have only seen one other one around town, a black one, in a month of ownership. Very nice...

By the way, great pics of the Tambora Flame LR2 in the driveway. I have to give mine a bath too.
  • thewonthewon Member Posts: 5
    I paid $1600 for mileage extension only. There is a $100 deductible after 50K. My annual miles run 24K to 27K so no need for the added years.

I paid $1,900 below MSRP for the LR2, so I figured may as well add the extended warrenty. As a new model vehicle and some suspect quality history with LR, I wanted to play it safe. Was wrapped into the 4.9% financing, so not much of an increase in the monthly payment.
    thanks! that was actually just clean from the dealership... i had it shining (with black tires gleaming) more after my first personal detailing ;)

I still haven't seen another LR2 in the Raleigh/RTP area yet, which is very surprising since people here tend to be all over the new, fancy cars ;)

Rob
    um, how do you change the nav system voice? or were you joking?

also, what phone are you using? I just bought a Sanyo M1 today and so far it seems to work okay with the bluetooth in the LR2... although one thing I really don't like about it is how the LR2 phonebook displays name only for each number... for example, most current phones have the ability to store multiple numbers (home, work, mobile, etc) for each contact. Let's say I have "John Smith" with 3 numbers. When I'm scrolling through the phonebook through the LR2 system, it shows 3 entries called "John Smith" without telling me which one is which. Is this how other "compatible" phones are working, or is this a limitation in the Sanyo M1? Anyone know?

The other thing I haven't been able to do is access the recently dialed numbers. I wish LR would hurry up and get their sh*t together and release a US version of the phone compatibility list (including the most recent, popular sprint phones like the Samsung M610, UpStage, and the Sanyo M1).
  • drsm00thdrsm00th Member Posts: 10
    Not sure if it has been doing this since I bought it, but after i shut the car off there is a strange buzzing noise that seems to come from the back wheelwell area. It's actually the driver side back wheel area. The noise stops after around 5 minutes. No lights or problems, any thoughts?
  • lr3maybelr3maybe Member Posts: 134
    I have a silver LR3 with alpaca interior. I wondered if the combination would look strange too but I have seen a number of them in that combination. It doesn't look strange at all. After one year I still really like it. I have black rubber floor mats. They still look good even with the alpaca. I had considered brown mats but am glad I chose black.
  • lr3maybelr3maybe Member Posts: 134
    My LR3 has had this same radio problem twice in the first year I've had it. In both cases a restart does not fix it but removal and replacement of the radio amplifier fuse does fix it (The fuse is not blown, it just needs to be momentarily disconnected). I reported it on my one year service and they reprogrammed the radio. It hasn't happened again but it has only been one month.
    Thanks for your input on color... I actually did end up ordering the Silver with Alpaca after much (too much) consideration! I went with the light interior since the black leather tends to get really hot, and I am parked outside for most of the day... The black rubber floor mats are a great idea...
  • kahyakahya Member Posts: 2
    Got my LR2 Tambora Flame last friday and love it! Base model, but here it includes the lighting package. :D I have to say WOW to the lights; really bright, really clear on every dark twisty road. It came with wood interior, but I'm thinking about changing it to pixel metallic. I'm also ordering the rubber mats, it's really dusty where I work. I just filled up on the second tank to get a better measurement of fuel economy, but I'm sure It wont impress anyone, this town is full of hills. Mine was the 6th to go out of the dealership and I have only seen one on the street.

Does anyone know how to change the Main message centre language? I don't have Navigation, and the dealer said it comes set to one language and can't be changed without the NAV options.

Has anyone used the opening and closing of the windows with the remote? The manual says how to do it but I'm not sure if my model does it (the dealer wasn't sure).

Monterrey, MX
  • comerbuckcomerbuck Member Posts: 8
    Rimini Red / Alpaca Leather -
    This vehicle is simply gorgeous and a real head turner. Have not seen another LR2 on the road yet here in Atlanta. Got mine 5 days ago (220 miles) with all options and am extremely happy.
  • drgoodydrgoody Member Posts: 5
    JUST GOT MY NEW BALTIC BLUE ALPACA AMAZING CAR OF COURSE BEFORE I PURCHASED THE MANAGER SHOWED ME THAT MY BLACKBERRY 7130E WOULD PAIR WITH THE VEHICLE WHAT A SUPRISE AFTER 30 MINUTES NOBODY AT THE DEALER COULD PAIR IT ALTHOUGH MY BLACKBERRY SEEM TO PICK UP THE LR2 CAN ANYONE HELP ME WITH THIS IM VERY PISSED AT THE DEALER FOR DECEIVING ME THANKS
    first of all, two words, caps lock ;)

second of all, make sure your bluetooth settings are set so that your phone is always visible. i'm not that familiar with blackberries, so i can't say for sure where you would find those settings. there's only 1 blackberry listed on the LR2 official cell phone list (the 8100 i believe), and IIRC it says that BB doesn't pair with the LR2... if your dealer was able to get it to pair then there's a chance it'll work out for you.

I'm pretty disappointed that there's not more information about some of the newer phones (like Sprint's Sanyo M1, Samsung UpStage, and Samsung M610 for example). I found out the hard way that my old A900 could not be discovered at all, so I just bought a Sanyo M1 a few days ago... the M1 pairs perfectly, and the phone book syncs just fine (even though it's annoying how multiple numbers for the same contact all appear through the car's stereo unit as the contact's name without any distinction which # is which)... i have noticed that it doesn't support the M1's recently dialed numbers, missed calls, or received calls at all, which is disappointing.... i really like the phone, so i haven't decided whether i'm going to take it back to try to find a phone that is fully compatible.

good luck!

Rob
  • haagdhaagd Member Posts: 20
    I picked up a portable magellan nav system for $300 at Costco that works just fine. Mets my compas needs along with nav system support. I hope that helps
    Thanks. When no one answered my question regarding a compas working in the LR2 I thought I would never have one. I will try the Magellan,
    Which Magellan series was it?
    did anyone go with the OEM ipod adapter?
    not me... i think it'd be a nice-to-have, but the cheapest place i've seen it was still around $250.... it's not worth that much for me to just be able to control the ipod through the steering wheel. i'm doing just fine with my nano plugged into the auxiliary port.

just my opinion though, it might be worth the price to others... ;)

Rob
    Mac,

Any chance of making the album public so we could look at each pic? Right now it only lets me watch a quick slide show.

Thank you,

Angel
  • macr32macr32 Member Posts: 12
    I tried that, but the picture would not load, ie:
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v511/MacR32/LR2Rocks/IMG_1824.jpg[/IMG]

To the right of the Slide-Show there's an Album which would let you see the pictures individually.
    Thanks. I actually saw the post on the other forum. Nice pics. Is that really where you park?
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Maybe you can post them in your CarSpace Album too?
  • macr32macr32 Member Posts: 12
    "Is that really where you park?"

Yes, everyone else on the parking lot are getting there doors all banged up, up there on the the rock I feel safe.
    Mac
    I picked up my Zermatt Silver LR2 on Saturday. It is great! I love the way it rides on the highway... very smooth and quiet. Got it loaded... the lights are incredible... and the stereo is fantastic! The RPM's accelerating from 30-60 mph are so low... very nice. However, I was wondering if anyone felt the auto shifting from 1st to 2nd gear feels a little rough? Not so sure if this is normal, or if I need a little tune up... any comments?
    Also, there was a comment earlier about being able to open the windows with the remote... can this really be done?
    i don't see anything about it in the owner's manual. maybe someone got confused ;)
    I'm trying to remember if the LR has tire pressure monitor? My price sheet from military sales lists as a feature, but don't remember any sort of light or button around the dash. My Ridgeline and MINI did. I don't see how they got away with it, its a requirement for all 2007's if I'm not mistaken.
  • lrguy44lrguy44 Member Posts: 2,197
    It does have a tire PSI monitor - will light if it senses a low tire. Personally, i think they are a waste as spare loses about 1% per month and a cold day could give you a warning.