Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Audi Q7 Lease Questions

Comments

• woolooloowoolooloo Member Posts: 44
    houstontxmob - you are right, you got the technology and ipod packages, I got the sunroof. Like you, I would gladly swap those as I have found through the years I never use sunroofs (it is a pretty amazing sunroof though, just not my thing). Unfortunately I didn't know until it was too late that I really wanted the technology package (and they didn't have any left in my price range anyways). They say the IPod interface is supposed to be available for retrofit at some point, but it isn't yet.

Oh well, life goes on. I'm dealing with a bunch of noises coming from the back now, and I'm going to check out the other Q7 forums to see if it is common. Take care.
  • kistsaokistsao Member Posts: 2
    Woolooloo,

I have had 4 dealerships telling me that you are lying. :confuse: Can you please tell me where you bought your car at the above price? I have been shopping for 4 days and found nothing even close to your deal.

Thank you!
  • kistsaokistsao Member Posts: 2
    houstontxmob - I am in Houston also. I have been searching for 4 days for a Q7 with the 3 Audi dealers in Houston; but none of them seem very motivated to sell. They all have quite a few 07's left; but their lease are all in the $800+ range with out of pocket sales tax + 1st mo + security, etc. (about $5000). Would you please tell me which dealer you got your deals from, and who your salesman is.

I appreciate your help!
  • houstontxmobhoustontxmob Member Posts: 56
    Alright, I got mine from Audi West Houston at I-10. I can't post the salesman's name here sorry. Since the 2007's Q7s are very limited now and the lease special is expired, it's really up to the dealership now. I know for a fact that it's easier to negotiate the price of the car if they have it in the lot. If you wanted them to transfer a car for u, it's a little different. Good luck, email me if you need any help.
  • poopypoopy Member Posts: 6
    Hello Everyone:

I'm in the market to lease a 07' Q7. I've been reading this forum and feel that I am ready to request a quote from my local dealers.

I was wondering if anyone can share how they first approach the dealers in their email? I don't know what to say except "Please provide your best quote for a 07' Q7 3.6."

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Thanks you guys!
    Ahh, what I did was I priced out with options the car I wanted via Edmunds link of 2007 Audi Q7. Then, you will have the option to select which dealerships around your area to send them your request automatically. You should then received few quote emails from the dealership in next few days.

If that doesn't work, you should just call them up or go to the dealership in person. Good luck.
  • midnightbluemidnightblue Member Posts: 22
    I'm on the verge of starting the process to lease a custom ordered 08 Q7 4.2 Premium. The lease on my current vehicle is up in mid-January 08 and I understand it takes about 90 days to custom order a new Audi Q7. So now the fun begins...

I'm looking at an MSRP of around $66175 (getting conflicting data on MSRP of Tech Package on the 08 Q7) and will lease for 36mos @ 10K miles per year.

Is it true that I will not be able to lock in lease terms until the vehicle arrives since residuals and money factors change over time?

Given current data and rates, what should I expect for the residual value and money factor assuming lease through AFS and top tier credit. Am willing to pay security deposit and acquisition fee if it postively impacts money factor. What about negotiated price?

What is fair dealer profit on an ordered 08 that would arrive towards the end of the year?
  • jcssatjcssat Member Posts: 2
    Car man, please help me. I am about to negotiate a lease on a new 2008 3.6 premium. Can you please send the current lease rates for 12k and 15k miles with a 36 month lease. Many thanks.
  • jph7jph7 Member Posts: 7
    Can I please second that request for the current lease rates?

I'm getting the idea that the party is over as far as cheap Audi Financial Services leases go, now that the special ended on the 4th. The last 2 dealers I talked to in South Florida were quoting MFs of .00229 and .00213, which seems a LOT more than what I've seen here. (From 6/1/07 through 9/6/07, I've seen MFs quoted from .00014 to .00140. One dealer basically said that AFS is too high, so they recommend US Bank, which is where they got the .00229. Sounds fishy.)

Originally, I was looking for a 2007 4.2L non-Premium, and even found a great candidate right after the 4th, but they quoted a residual of 46% with the MF of .00212.

Thanks in advance,

jph
  • baxterdownbaxterdown Member Posts: 36
    car_man, where are you??? Please look at my post on page 24. I got a call from the dealer today. My car will be here at the end of this week! I'm in desperate need of MF and Residual numbers. PLEASE HELP!!! :-)

Thanks in advance

Jose
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hey Bo. Toyota is not providing any lease support on the new 2008 Highlander, but I would still be surprised if one was able to get a Q7 for less than a Highlander. If you can, going with the Audi is a no brainer. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 Q7 3.6 Premium with 15,000 miles per year are .00333 and 46%, respectively. As you can see, Audi is no longer providing lease support on '07 models. The good news is that this means that you can use the $4,000 dealer cash that Audi is currently providing on the '07 Q7 to negotiate a low capitalized cost. As far as the 2008 model's lease program goes, AFS' current 36 month, 15k buy rate lease money factor for the '08 Q7 3.6 Premium are .00075 and 50%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Here's the latest lease program for the truck that you're interested in, chile96. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 Q7 3.6 non-Premium with 12,000 miles per year are .00333 and 49%, respectively. As you can see, Audi is no longer providing lease support on 2007 models. That's the bad news. The good news is that this means you can use the $4,000 dealer cash that Audi is providing on leftover Q7s to negotiate a low capitalized cost for your lease.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi royavell. Audi's September lease program is a lot different than its August program. Hopefully you finalized this deal last month because Audi is no longer providing lease support on 2007 models.

Car_man
    Host
    Congratulations on getting your new Q7, houstontxmob! Thanks for taking the time to share the details of your lease with everyone. Make sure to stop by the new Dealer Ratings & Reviews section to share your thoughts on your recent dealer experience with others. Enjoy your new ride :shades: .

Car_man
    Host
    Hi dbrouse. A selling price that's right at dealer invoice and the use of Audi Financial Services' buy rate special money factor to calculate your monthly payment make for an excellent deal on the Q7.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello Jose. Here is the latest lease program for the truck that you ordered. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Audi Q7 3.6 Premium with 15,000 miles per year are .00075 and 50%, respectively. If you were to lease with only 12,000 miles per year, this vehicle's residual value would be 2% higher and your monthly payment would be lower. Still, make sure to lease with 15,000 miles per year if you think that you are going to drive that much. Doing so will be less expensive than leasing with 12,000 miles per year and paying a large excess mileage penalty at lease-end.

I'm not sure exactly how much Audi Care would cost for this truck, but it is usually worth it to get it on Audi Financial Services leases. AFS will boost the residual values of vehicles that are leased with Audi Care by 1%, which helps to offset the cost.

I am not personally all that familiar with what the market is like for the 2008 Q7 in Florida right now. If I was personally in the market for one, I would shoot for a selling price of $500 to $1,000 over dealer invoice and see what happens. You may be able to get an idea of how much you will have to pay by visiting the following discussion: "Audi Q7 Prices Paid and Buying Experience".

AFS will probably waive its security deposit requirement for free for returning lessees, but I doubt that it will waive its $575 acquisition fee.

Car_man
    Host
    Congratulations on getting your new Q7, woolooloo. Thanks for taking the time to share the details of your lease with everyone. Make sure to stop by the new Dealer Ratings & Reviews section of Edmunds.com to share your thoughts on the dealer that you got your car from with everyone. Enjoy your new ride!

Car_man
    Host
    Hi midnightblue. Most banks will allow consumers who order vehicles to lock in the lease terms that are available at the time that they place their order. If you are able to do this, then when your Q7 arrives you can choose to use either the lease program that you have locked in, or the one that is available at the time of delivery, whichever is better. Audi Financial Services, current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Q7 4.2 Premium with 10,000 miles per year are .00140 and 52%, respectively assuming that you pay a security deposit and acquisition fee.

I am not intimately familiar with what the market is like for the 2008 Q7 in your area, but if I was shopping for one right now I personally would shoot for $500 to $1,000 over dealer invoice. You may be able to get an idea of how much you should pay by visiting the following discussion and seeing how much other community members have paid lately: "Audi Q7 Prices Paid and Buying Experience".

Car_man
    Host
    Greetings jcssat. Here is the information that you are looking for. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Q7 3.6 Premium with 15,000 miles per year are .00075 and 50%, respectively. Its 12,000 mile per year residual value is 2% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi jph. You're right about the lease party (ohhh boy I'd love to go to that, I'm sure that it's a rockin' time :shades: ) for 2007 models is over. Audi is no longer providing lease support on leftover '07s, but it is providing $4,000 dealer cash on the '07 Q7. If you want to lease an '07 model now you will either have to use Audi's standard lease program or go through an independent bank. Audi's lease program for the 2008 Q7 is more attractive than the '07 model's program in September.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey Jose. I just responded to your earlier post. Good luck and let me know if have any other questions.

Car_man
    Host
  • jph7jph7 Member Posts: 7
    Thanks, Car_man.

You told Midnightblue that "Audi Financial Services, current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Q7 4.2 Premium with 10,000 miles per year are .00140 and 52%, respectively assuming that you pay a security deposit and acquisition fee." Could you please tell me how much that changes for 15,000 miles?

Thanks!

jph
    Thanks. Am I correct that the AFS acquisition fee is $575? Why does the 4.2 Premium command a higher MF than the 3.6? Also, does the MF change from 10K to 12K miles? At 10K, the 52% residual seems low. What is the residual at 12K miles?

Lastly, what is the fee for AudiCare?

Appreciate your guidance. I'm heading to the dealer next week.
    Hi Car_man,

I hope you're still around to offer some insight...

This month's lease rate numbers for the Q7 3.6P do not make sense... According to your numbers, the MF jumped 500% (from 0.00014 to 0.00075). That alone represents an average $80 to $100 jump on a monthly payment.

I went back and looked at MF and residuals you so kindly posted from June 2006 through August 2007 and calculated a payment using leaseguide.com's calculator for each month. The payment remained consistent within a few dollars every single month with the exception of Nov/Dec 06 when Audi Financial Services had a program and the payment dropped by about $50. Other than that, as residulas were adjusted through out the model year, so were money factors, thus keeping the monthly payment consistent.

Naturally, I'm alarmed to see that the MF all of a sudden jumped so much this month!

If you could offer some insight as to why you think MF jumped so high this month I would appreciate it. Of course, it would also be great to hear your prediction :-)

I'm heading to the dealer this weekend and I'm afraid its not going to be pleasent... :(

Thanks in advance!

Jose
    Jose,

So how's the trip to the dealership? Did you get the car? Keep us posted!

D.
    Hey, still waiting! Dealer said the car was arriving to port and the end of last week so I'm sure they'll be calling me soon...

I'm really worried about September's MF and Residuals. The numbers really went to h*ll this month, which effectively have bumped the payment by about $70 x month. That times 36 months is 25 hundred bucks!!!

With a little bit of luck, my car will get delayed and not arrive until October when the rates will be better :-)

I'll keep you posted

j.
    J:

Hope everything works out well for you. Don't worry, you have 5 more days before Oct. Most likely u will do alright if they really wanted to sell the car to you. Good luck. :)

Can't wait to have u discussing about yr new ride in Audiworld forum ;)

D
    I'm located in PA and my dealer is claiming that Audi adds a dealer advertising fee to the invoice. This fee is additive to the dealer invoice price for the car and options. In addition, the dealer claims that there is a dealer prep fee which is also additive. Together, these fees amount to $756 which are added to the invoice price in order to calculate true dealer cost. It is from this adjusted cost that dealer markup is applied.

I just want to verify that these cost adjustments are legit. They did show me an invoice from Audi (although from a vehicle transferred from NY) that did in fact include about $400 for dealer advertising fees.

Can anyone confirm or repudiate that these fees are indeed legit?
    Dealer gave me "1.2" as money factor. That doesn't make sense. AFS's MF for september is .00075 which translates to 1.8% interest rate.

1.2% interest rate equals to 0.0005 MF which I know is not AFS's september lease rate.

Any thoughts? I'm heading to the dealership tomorrow Saturday to do the deal! :P

Here are the initial numbers they gave me:

36months at 12k yearly
    $2,129 due at signing
    $829 plus tax

MSRP $58,825
    Selling price is $56,625

MF 1.2%
    Residual 53%

$2,129 breakdown- $399 bank fee- $575 acquisition fee- $145 license fee- first month payment- taxes- and florida surcharge for the lease of about $70.00

The 829 is without tax. With tax the payments are $879.16.

Besides the MSRP, Aquisition Fee, and Residual, the rest of the numbers are a bunch of BS! I ran them through leasecalc and they come out to $795 X month with tax!

Here are a few questions,

- as I understand it, "bank fee" and "aquisition fee" are the same. Am I mistaken?
    - Isn't the aquisition fee included in the calculation of the lease rather than paid at inception?
    - What the h*ll is a "Florida Surcharge"?!

Thanks in advance for your help

Jose
  • 0audilicious00audilicious0 Member Posts: 47
  • surfcrsurfcr Member Posts: 1
    value of 2008 Audi Q7 4.2l $70,500 all in.

lease options: 36 months, 10,000 miles, at $1,045 a month, plus $2,300start up, $399delivery fee, 6.9%taxes and $590Audicare.

Would love to own this car seven years. Would you buy outright or select lease option? Is Audi a car that lasts?
    thank you
    For that price, I'd say you have a decent deal. But I would be VERY interested to know the Residual value of the Q7 after 3 years lease. I think it's best to have the warrantee of the vehicle during the duration of your ownership.

Leasing the car for 36 months will give u a good picture if you would want to own that car for 7 years or not. I'd say give it a try.

Worst case scenario, you can return the car is 3 years and walk out with no strings attached. Or you can pay off the residual value of the car to keep it. The latter one seems good if you are indeed serious about enquiring that vehicle. Either way, you will be driving the car first.
    From the September AFS sheet, the residual value of an 08 4.2 Premium with Audi Care on a 36mos lease @ 10K miles per year is 53%.

IIRC, it's 49% at 15K miles per year. Add 2% for 10K miles per year and add 1% for Audi Care.
  • zuzmenowzuzmenow Member Posts: 1
    Hello! I am interested in determining the current (October) buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Q7 3.6 Premium with S-line package with 10,000 miles per year. I appreciate any help in advance.
  • ocautoseekerocautoseeker Member Posts: 425
    Just leased a 2008 3.6 Premium (Ice Silver/Limestone Gray) with Convenience Pkg. Nav, 20's, and 4-Zone Climate Control.

This was a rare car given it did NOT have a sunroof, which we did NOT want anyway. Only other option that we would have preferred would have been the 6-seater configuartion, but there didn't seem to be very many in SoCal, at least in our desired color combo.

MSRP: $55,425.00

Invoice: $52,066.25

Cap cost: $52,566.25 ($500 over invoice)

MF: .0009 (2.16% APR)

Residual: 53% w/o Audi Care 54% w/ Audi Care

Terms: 36mo,10k/yr (minimun drive-offs - ~$2k)

Total: $770.65 (includes 7.75% tax rate)

Dealer was Audi of Mission Viejo. Great service and even got a better deal working with a retail salesman over Fleet!

Standard fleet deal was $1000 over at all dealerships I contacted., and probably could have got the same deal in that department, but decided to give the kid who demo'd the car for us a shot. Just had to tell him what I wanted and he worked to get it done. Awesome customer service!

I did all my negotiating via phone, e-mail and fax.
    Exactly like mine! But mine is 2007 year model and with added Infotainment Package, Technology Package, Bluetooth Phone Preparation w/Comfort Center Armrest and Audi Music Interface. And yes, we have to pay the whole sales tax (6.25%) on new car as well. And with Audi care, I think the residual is about 53% bought it 3 months ago.

We had almost $9K upside down with our trade and we are paying about $998 a month for 36 months with 15K miles a year. And the out of pocket was only $2000, which included first month payment. The whole test drive, negotiation and paperwork signed took only 2 hours. Great experience, absolutely loving the car! :)
  • coppercopper Member Posts: 94
    Can someone tell me this month's lease #'s for a Q7 for 36/12 in NJ? Thanks!
  • artsrt10artsrt10 Member Posts: 13
    Hey guys, any idea what i can expect a monthky lease to run for the Q7 w/ an asking price around 45k using 12k/yr, 36 mos, and excellent credit (over 700, prob over 720) assuming only first month and docs at inception (bank fees, taxes etc in payment). I am in staten island, ny.

Thanks!
    Need to know the MSRP to get the residual value. The buy rate money factor for October was .0009 (2.16%). It's now November and rates may have changed.

Ask your dealership what the residual value is on that vehicle. Probably about 52% with 12k-mi/yr. Get Audi Care and that will add 1% to the residual. Find out November's buy rate money factor and then I can run the numbers.

Don't take the following numbers as exact, but I'd estimate your lease payments would be around $670/mo. for 36 mo. at 12k-mi/yr. (Drive off fees only)

*Numbers are based loosley on an approx. MSRP, adding Audi Care and assuming a 53% residual with the above mentioned MF.
  • artsrt10artsrt10 Member Posts: 13
    Thanks for the help. I'm trying to figure out how different the lease numbers are on a Q7, MDX w/ tech & entertainment, Yukon SLT2, Yukon Denali, and Escalade all with nothing down 12/36.

Appreciate your help. Any idea what the other cars lease for using the same parameters? Also, I assume your number didnt include tax, is that correct?

Thanks again!
    I did include the tax. I assisted someone else in NY a few months back and if I'm not mistaken, your sales tax rate was close to 9%, correct?

Now, as for the other vehicles, the MDX, by far, will have the best residual value. That combined with a low MF (if available) will net you a great lease. As for the GM products, big rebates and being able to cap the cost at/or near invoice will help, but not sure how strong their residuals are? I can look.

Call or e-mail a few dealers and tell them that you are interested in leasing and ask them what the residual and buy rate money factor are for a 36/36 lease? Running lease numbers is very simple math, but dealers want you to think it's tough. If you want, e-mail me directly at ocautoseeker@yahoo.com and I'd be glad to help you further.
  • chulsoochulsoo Member Posts: 11
    Hi Car Man - Need your help. I am headed to the dealership in Atlanta to buy a '08 3.6 Premium with the following options:
    Panaroma Sunroof, 4-zone climate control & Convenience Package.
    The MSRP on the car is $53,875 and I worked the dealer down to $50,500. The invoice price as per Edmunds is $49,725. The dealer said that this is not the real invoice to them and showed me an invoice which was almost $1,750 more ($51,500). Could you please comment if this is a good deal. I am scheduled to go do the deal the day after tomorrow.
    Also what is the current buy rate money factor if I were to lease it (10K/36 mo) and what would the monthly payments work out to? What fees are typical ( Acquisition fee - $575, Doc Fee - $299, Audi Care - $590)
    If I were to buy it (60 mos) what is the current APR with AFS. I have a 740 credit score.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks!
    The dealer in Atlanta gave me a MF of 0.0011 (2.64%) today with a Residual of 53% with Audi Care and 52% without for the '08, 3.6 Q7. Can anyone confirm if this is the correct rate? Has it gone up that much this month?
    Thanks in advance.
    Just finished talking to the finance manager at the dealership. He said that since I had preferred status with Audi (been with Audi/VW since 2000 in 4 cars) I was eligible for a buy rate Money factor of 0.00095(2.28%) and not 0.0011( 2.64%) as they had previously quoted me. So my Q7 3.6 premium with a $50,500 agreed upon price and Audi Care of $590, Acquisition fee of $575, Doc fee of $399 and tax/tags of $42 would work out to $725/mo + tax ($776/mo). I would have to put down $1000 and drive (1st month + some of the fees).
    The alternative to this would be buying on a 60 mo APR of 7.59% which would work out to $1,090/mo with $1000 down.
    Can anyone comment if this is a good deal. I am scheduled to sign and pick up the car on Friday.
    Thanks!

PS: The car has a MSRP of $53,875 ('08 Q7 3.6 premium with sunroof, 4 zone climate control and convenience package) and an invoice of $49,725. Essentially got this at $775 above invoice.
  • 0audilicious00audilicious0 Member Posts: 47
    The doc fee of $399 looks like a garbage dealer add-on to me when added to the acquisition fee and the title/tags fee.
  • newbie23newbie23 Member Posts: 3
    '08 Q7, 3.6 premium, navigation, convenience, running boards, panorama sun roof, audi care, 42 months, 15k per year, $712 per month, sales taxes up front, no other money down other than fees (575 acquisition, 75 registration, 110 doc fee) and first month. Any feedback would be appreciated. according to edmonds the car has an msrp of 55,875 and an invoice of 51,545 (neither figure includes the audi care, which i believe add another $600). i have no idea what money factor or residual the dealer is using (and don't really care), just want to know how good a deal this is. thanks.
    Sounds really good - I am looking at a Q7 3.6 Premium with a MSRP of $53,875 and a 36 mo lease with 10K/yr and the dealer is quoting me $776/mo (inclusive of tax-$725 w/o). What was your final negotiated value on the car? How much above invoice? Where are you getting this car (City, Dealer). Mine is in Atlanta, GA at Jim Ellis.
    Rates if purchasing:

If you can still find an '07, AFS is offering 3.9% APR for terms ranging from 12-60 mo.
  • barneycourtbarneycourt Member Posts: 1
    Hoping someone can assist.
    I am considering a 15k/36month lease that would occur in December. Does anyone know money factor and residual being offered by Audi. I would select Audicare to gain the extra residual point. It is true the S-line package decreases residual by 1%?
    Your assistance is appreciated.

thanks
  • coppercopper Member Posts: 94
    Anyone know the December lease terms for 12K/36 months for the Q7?

Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.