Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Audi Q7 Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hello kp22. Audi's lease program for the Q7 varies by term, mileage, and trim level. You never mentioned what any of these variables are, so for now I will assume that you are interested in a 36 month lease of a 2008 Q7 3.6 non-Premium with 15,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want something different. Audi Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor and residual value for the aforementioned variables are currently .00297 and 45%, respectively. As you can see, Audi is no longer providing lease support on the Q7. It replaced its special lease program on it with dealer cash, specifically $5,000 on the 3.6 and $6,000 on the 4.2.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • mewanteemewantee Member Posts: 1
    After reading everyone else's deals (thanks for posting!!) I went into my local dealer in northern California and got the following lease on my Q7 3.6 premium:

MSRP = $58,825
    36 months
    10,000 miles
    $0 down payment
    Monthly: $768 ex tax / $832 inc tax

For that price, I also got an extra $1500 worth of extras included - first car payment $830, full maintenance plan (it will cost me nothing to service for the life of the lease), and 2 full tanks of gas.

What do you think - did I get a good deal?
  • loiseau82loiseau82 Member Posts: 1
    I'm hunting for a Q7 now...

I'd love to know what dealer you went to? ...and when?

What was your residual at lease end?

Bay Area dealer I saw last night offered up a ridiculous lease on a loaded Q7 3.6:

Cap Cost $54661
    Residual .43
    Lease Rate Factor .00350
    Monthly Payments $1144
    Drive Off $2283 (includes 1st payment, tax, 1st year fees & "other" upfront..)

Also, anyone have an ear to the ground @ the 3.0 TDI?

Thanks,
  • jnjcalijnjcali Member Posts: 1
    Hello Jerry,

I really appreciate all your input for the Audi Q7 leases. How are the August lease programs going to be designed with the 2009 Models coming out. Is the money factor going to be any better?

Thank you
  • cofla99cofla99 Member Posts: 9
    Hi guys as you can see I am still in the market for a q7 premium, conv pack and nav.
    Do you think current lease deals are better than the summer event? should I act now or wait for august deals.
    Thanks
  • zkaudiozkaudio Member Posts: 60
    I have a good friend who works for audi who says there will be no deals on the 08 q7's that can touch the June deals until the lots are stocked with 09's. They are short on inventory of 08's due to a delay in delivery of the 09s.
  • luvaudi19luvaudi19 Member Posts: 34
    Unfortunately, Audi Q7 leases are no longer as attractive as a few months ago. The residuals have dropped significantly while the money factor has also risen. This is slightly offset by the "marketing allowance" being offered now, but after penciling out some leases recently, I find that they are not very attractive.

You should be able to negotiate a very low cap cost, but the rates/residuals are pretty poor right now on the 08 models.

-Jerry
  • mnslfcmnslfc Member Posts: 3
    Hello

Is this a deal? My husband is upside down in a 2004 Tahoe worth 6k, owe 12 k (his first car out of the military) bad judgment??!!! Anyway we are basically trying to get out from up under this truck ASAP. So we thought leasing because we can recup some negative equity at the same time when the lease is over we can walk away owing nothing. So here it is: Q7 3.6 premium MSRP 54,175 Sale 49,175 3500 down (includes audi care for term of lease, first mos payment, taxes, fees) 42/16k $889/mos tax included

Also Q7 4.2 MSRP 64K Sale 54K 3500 down includes same 42/16k $899 (not really interested in a V8 engine thought)

So what do you think I really want the Q7 3.6, but do you think I can get a lower monthly payment and term mayber 39 mos/15 K for $799

Keeping in mind our 6k of negative equity, are these good deals, or should we wait until the 2009 hits the lot next month?

Thanks Car_man, you rock!!
  • cubbies2008cubbies2008 Member Posts: 1
    I am in the market for an Audi Q7 lease. I just got a quote for the following:

2009 Q7
    36-month lease
    12K Miles/Year
    Premium Package
    Cap Cost: 46K
    Lease end value: 24,339 (assumes 51% Residual)
    Total Inception Fees: $3500
    Monthly Payment: $650

The dealer indicated to me that 2009 Lease rates are more favorable than 2008 models, but buying a 2008 model may actually lead to a better deal. I'm primarily interested in leasing. I was wondering if anyone out there has received similar quotes or even better ones.
  • bobplusbobplus Member Posts: 2
    I am in the market for an Audi Q7 3.6 Prestige lease. I went to a Socal dealer for the following quote:

2009 Q7, Prestige Package+Pana roof+Warm Pack
    MSRP: 58500
    36 month/15K
    Lease-end buy price: 27460
    Monthly Payment (plus Audi care): $750
    Initial Down payment (include everything): $3500

Is that a good deal? Thanks!
  • woolooloowoolooloo Member Posts: 44
    I considering transferring the lease that I got (with help from the folks on here) in 9/07. I'm hoping that since I got a pretty good deal then, and Audi seems to have dropped lease support on the Q7, that the terms I have would be attractive to someone that wants a 2 year lease (17k/miles year available).

Anyways, come to find out that transferring a lease through Audi does not get you off the hook, so if the person I transfer to defaults or otherwise screws over the lease, I would still be liable. I saw an article on lease default protection that is basically an insurance policy in case this happens, but besides Swap A Lease dot com, I can't find anyone selling it (maybe I'm googling the wrong terms). Unfortunately with Swap A Lease you need to input the information for yourself and the person taking over the lease and such a person doesn't exist yet - I just want to find out how much it costs before deciding to move forward with this. Anyone have any experience with this and could tell me where I could buy this insurance and about how much it costs?

Thanks!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    I would call or e-mail swapalease directly. I bet they can give you a ballpark figure... I've found them responsive to e-mails.

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• mrcrmrcr Member Posts: 5
    What did you end up doing with the lease?

I have been offered the following deal:
    Q7 Premium Plus
    msrp 54,425
    purchase 49,500

3.6 Premium plus
    pano sunroof
    bicolor wheels
    36mo/10k
    mf .00066
    Residual 49%
    1250 out the door
    682 or 735 includes tax

Does anyone have any deals to compare?

Thanks.
  • bobplusbobplus Member Posts: 2
    Hi:

I ended up with this deal:

3 year/15K miles, 3000 down, 769/mon (include tax and audi care)

The car is 58K, 3.6 L, prestigious option, plus sunroof and 20 wheel.
    Thanks kyfdx, I did call and speak with them yesterday. In case anyone is interested, here's what I found out. Their lease default protection works out to roughly a lease payment every six months, so since I have 2 years left on the lease, their policy would run about 4 monthly lease payments, roughly $2500 for me.

The problem is that while the policy would help cover the costs if the person who picks up the lease defaults, it would not help my credit if they make late payments and my credit score gets dinged by the late payments. I'm not sure if I want to take that risk with the economy as it is where even a good intentioned person with great credit could find themselves in a position where they couldn't make the payments.

They do offer another alternative. Basically, you find someone who wants to take the lease, they buy out the old lease, and re-lease it through one of their banking partners. That way the old lease is satisfied and I would no longer be on the hook. The problem there is the terms of the new lease are not that generous and I was told that basically the new person would have to take the vehicle with a 3 year lease that would be basically $900/mo, a heck of a lot worse than the $660/mo for 2 years that I was hoping to entice someone with. Plus it seems people could get that sort of deal right now on a new vehicle, so I don't think I want to spend the $500 they charge to advertise the vehicle for re-lease. I guess advantages of the re-lease are that you don't need a down payment and she said they would accept anyone with a credit score over 680 and I'm not sure what Audi's threshold is.

Anyways, not sure what I'm going to do. I'd like to get out of the lease but it looks like I'm stuck with it.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    I feel for you.. It doesn't sound like you have any good options..

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Thanks. I think one thing I learned is not to lease from Audi since they don't let you re-lease in a way that makes you not liable for the remainder of the lease. If you care about your credit, that basically means you cannot re-lease.

BMW and Mercedes do release you from obligation if you re-lease. If someone would like to find out about other lease companies, they can check the link below - however obviously terms may change so make sure you check the lease documents you actually have to sign rather than rely solely on that link. I for one will not lease from Audi again or any other company that has this rule.

Lease companies
  • cdepaolacdepaola Member Posts: 11
    Not going to post all the details but if your in the market for a Q7 I and your in the Chicagoland area I would seriously check out Continental. Here is a brief description of what I was offered.

2008 Q7 Premium

MSRP 52,000.00

First and Plates Only - Drive Off

$709.00 per month
  • heikoheiko Member Posts: 6
    I am looking at a Q7, after one year, what are your thoughts? Does the v6 have enough power? Is there something about the car that is unsatisfying
  • ody02tjkody02tjk Member Posts: 66
    After 18 months with my 3.6 Q7, I can honestly say it is a love hate relationship. I love the way the car handles. Only the Mazda CX9 handled better. I completely enjoy the cars ride, comfort, and agility. It has been a great car to teach my oldest to drive on. Audi's ergonomics are among the best designs available. The Bluetooth interface is great. I do wish I had gotten the back up camera and the Ipod interface. The 3.6 engine is more than enough in my opinion, and is well matched to the car. The interior (in Cardamon Beige) is very well executed, and put together excellently. I have the Panorama Roof, and that sold me on the car. The drivers seat is extremely comfortable, and the back seat gets rave reveiws from both adult friends and my teenagers. I also love the Garnet Red paint color and 20 inch wheels. The car is solid and luxurious.

That being said, there are quite a few things that drive me crazy with this car. First, I have had to take it into the shop at least 6 times since March for a recurring programming error with the ESP and Adapative headlights. The display will give me a ESP fault, followed by the Adaptive Headlight fault, and stay lit from 2 minutes to a few hours. It is now at the dealer AGAIN as I write this comment for the same problem. The dealer's service department are consulting with Audi in Germany because they cannot figure out the problem here. When coming to any slow stop, the brakes SCREECH loudly. This also occurs with every one of the loaner Q7s my dealer has provided. Audi needs to do something about its brakes. In addition, I had to replace the front brakes on my Q7 (at a cost of nearly $800) at ONLY 15K miles (my old Lexus LX would go 40K miles before needing brakes). There is a very irritating rattle with the 2nd row seats any time we hit a bump of any sort (Audi Service claims not to hear it). The parking brake release must be pulled at least 3 times before it releases (not fun when you have carpel tunnel in your left arm). Every few days, with no rhyme or reason, the display screen between the gauges goes completely blank. It will work the next time I start the car. The gas mileage on the 3.6 engine is only 14.5 running around town, but I have gotten a consistent 23 MPG on the highway cruising at 70MPH. At this point, I only have 20K miles on the car, and I can truly say I am glad I leased it. I will not be keeping it when the lease ends.

IF you are going to get an Audi, my recommendations would be to lease the car (if you are willing to live with the annoying issues). With Audi's spotty reliability record, you may want to bail out of any unreliable car in a few years. Also, if you can wait, I would recommend getting the 3.0 Diesel engine to get better fuel mileage.

If you are purchasing, I would recommend getting the Acura MDX, or Lexus RX (if you do not need the 3rd seat). Also, when I was looking 19 months ago, I was quite impressed with both the Buick Enclave and Mazda CX9. Judging from what I have read in Consumer Reports, I would go for a Mazda, Lexus, or Acura.
  • krm13krm13 Member Posts: 3
    I got the following quote on a 2009 Q7 3.6 premium plus w/ panorama sunroof and cold weather package from a Northern NJ dealer:

36 months -- 15k miles/year
    $795/month
    $1370 inceptions
    1st month's payment waived
    MSRP $53,325
    Invoice $50,109
    Sales Price $50,109 plus $650 Audi Care N/C Maintenance Program
    Money factor .00036
    Residual 47%

Can I do much better?

Anyone looking at comparable SUVs offering better lease deals?
  • robdarobda Member Posts: 5
    Does anyone know what Audi is currently offering for a 2009 Q7 Premium Plus with sunroof lease? I would be looking at 3-years and 12,000 miles per year. I am looking for the residual, money factor, etc.

Thanks.
  • philbrandnphilbrandn Member Posts: 4
    Hi mrcr,

That seems like a very good deal on a premium plus - can you tell me where you were able to get that deal? Contact me directly if necessary. Thanks!
    Hi robda. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Q7 3.6 Premium Plus with 12,000 miles per year are .00026 and 43%, respectively. Audi is waiving the first month's payment and security deposit on Q7 leases in December.

Car_man
    Host
  • shymanshyman Member Posts: 6
    looking for some opinions on this deal

09 Q7 premuim with Pana roof and Nav
    39 month lease 619 per month with 1K down ( 300 fees and 700 cap cost reductions), includes Audi Care
  • cottingercottinger Member Posts: 6
    What city did you find this deal? I am looking for something similar as well.
    boston
  • grantlugrantlu Member Posts: 12
    I leased the base model from Rick Case Audi near Atlanta. It was advertised in the paper for $499 plus tax, tags, fees for 10k miles, 36 months. I got it for $549, including 7% tax, tags, all fees, 12k miles, 36 months; Audi pays for the first month; no drive off cost. Here are the details:

Vehicle "cost" 37259
    Acq fee 625
    Gross cap cost 37884
    Residual 19946
    MF 0.00026

After I bought the car, I asked if the car was a loss leader. The salesperson said, "no, they're able to do the deal because Audi is offering them $3k for each car as long as they sell 20 Q7s and they're passing this on to the customer".
    2009 prem plus with pan sunroof and Nav - sticker 51,350K
    42 months 15k miles per year
    1K down 609 a month with tax...
  • tizzletizzle Member Posts: 8
    That sounds like a great deal. I would like to do something similar but for 36 months with 10,000 miles per year. Do you have any idea how the payments would be adjusted given the parameters I am desirous of?
  • dani97dani97 Member Posts: 1
    I would like to lease a '09 Q7 with navigation, panoramic sunroof, and cold weather package (heated rear seats/heated steering wheel). I need 18,000 miles/year. Dealer is ball-parking lease in the mid-to high $900's with no up-fronts. This seems high!! Any thoughts?? What are others being quoted out there??

Thank you in advance.
  • jayriderjayrider Member Posts: 3,602
    The lease factors for Q7's are poor --- big depreciation so your deal may reflect the decline.
  • ER14ER14 Member Posts: 1
    Where was this deal? We're looking for a NY deal.
  • MSUHOCKEY7MSUHOCKEY7 Member Posts: 4
    Car Man,

I am in the market for a car based out of NJ. I am looking to see if you know a fair deal on a 2009 Audi Q7. 36 month lease, 10k a year. for either engine.

280-hp, 3.6-liter V-6
    350-hp, 4.2-liter V-8

Navigation.

Thanks,

MM
    Hi MSUHOCKEY7. Here's the info that you're looking for. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a base 2009 Audi Q7 3.6 with 10,000 miles per year are .00056 and 45%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of an '09 Q7 4.2 are .00221 and 43%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • td10001td10001 Member Posts: 2
    '09 3.6
    Prem Plus
    Panoramic Sunroof
    20" bi-color
    cold weather

54925 msrp
    52041 invoice

50591 sell px

44% res w/ $650 audi care (was 43% w/o)
    0.00056 mf

51241 gross cap cost (incl the audi care)

No cap cost red
    2037 drive off - no security dep - incl. 1st mo / 625 AFS acq fee / CA lic & fees / 45 doc fee

Pmt: 860/mo

The numbers seem right to me ... anything look weird here? Bad deal?

Thanks
  • td10001td10001 Member Posts: 2
    oh yeah ... 36 mo 15k per
  • 2007audiq72007audiq7 Member Posts: 2
    Have a loaded 2007 3.6 Premium. 36-month Audi Financial Svcs lease ending Sept 2009. Sticker was around $57K. Lease included 45K miles, and I will probably be under mileage by 5K.

What kind of price might I be able to negotiate to buy it at end of lease?

Also had some significant mechanical issues early on (in the shop 30+ days), so they probably can't resell it as Certified Pre Owned, which may plan in my favor.

Trying to decide whether to start new car shopping or to buy the Q7 at end of lease.

Thanks!
    Sorry I missed the question directed at me, I haven't looked at the forum in a while. My thoughts: ody02tjk has a love/hate relationship with the Q7, I think I have a more like/hate. First off, the V6 is fine, I never feel like I need more power and although I don't tow, I do usually keep a lot of tools and equipment in the back. I'd say unless you are going to tow, you are wasting money on the V8, both in purchase price and in gas mileage.

There are a million little things that annoy me about this vehicle, from the inexcusably loud beep it makes if you are low on gas or windshield wiper fluid to having to walk around to the other side of the vehicle to refuel only to realize I forgot to hit the button to unlock the gas tank (on the BMW I had previously, the tank was automaticaly locked when the doors were locked - brilliant). As much as the mags rave about Audi build quality and aesthetics, I liked my BMW much better.

I'd get rid of this thing in a minute if I could, but Audi has terrible rules governing their leases and you basically cannot let someone take over the lease because you are still on the hook for the payments if the other person doesn't make them - who is willing to take that risk? Certainly not me. By the way, BMW and Mercedes do not have this rule and will let you sign the lease over to someone else cleanly. Just another reason I will never lease/purchase another Audi.

I tried to trade it in a couple days before New Years, at a time when that dealer really wanted to make a deal and sell a remaining '08 before the end of the month/quarter/year. But I was offered less than $30,000 for a 15 mo old Q7 with < 12,000 miles that had a sticker of $56k. My lease payoff was $40,000, so I was over $10k in the hole. As much as he wanted to make a deal, he couldn't budge on the trade-in price - these things have no value used! I listed it in the local paper for $38,000, willing to pay a few grand to get out of the lease, and never got a single phone call.

So this is something of a warning to anyone looking to lease one of these things. Understand the implications - you will have this vehicle for 3 years whether you want it or not. The various websites that give used car values (including Edmunds) are WAYYYY off on the Q7, overestimating by thousands both the dealer trade in values and private party values. If you insist on having a Q7, you should definitely look at buying a used one since the resale values are so poor, just check EBay.
  • lotusanlotusan Member Posts: 1
    Anyone have the numbers for April?

I guess the TDI numbers will also be different. I'm hoping it's a little bit better.

I visited an Audi dealer back in March and the lease for a Q7 was ridiculous. I love the car but may have to look at alternatives. :cry:
    Hello lotusan. Here's the information that you're looking for. Audi Financial Services' April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Q7 3.0 TDI Premium with 15,000 miles per year are .00163 and 48%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • liililiili Member Posts: 7
    Can you share with us who is the dealer trying so hard to sell?
  • trabd123trabd123 Member Posts: 55
    Hello,
    I'll be off an Audi A6 2006 lease in four weeks and only have 17,000 miles on it after three years The residual value of the A6 2006 is $26,500 so is it worth it to buy it or return it?

I'm also thinking of leasing a Q7 so what is the loyalty incentive, money factor and residual value of a premium package, 36 months and 10,000 miles per year should be for April?

Thanks in advance.
    Hi,
    What kind of deal did you get? Can you state the details?

Thanks.
  • frommx5tomz3frommx5tomz3 Member Posts: 19
    Car man,

Do you have the May lease numbers (money factor/resid) for the Q7? Specifically, a 2009 3.6 Premium 36 months/15K per year? Any other incentives on this vehicle that you are aware of?

Thanks!
    Greetings trabd123. In order to determine whether you should purchase your A6, nice car BTW, at the end of your lease, you need to compare its purchase price to its value on the open market at this time. Even though it states your vehicle's purchase option price on your lease contract, you should place a call to the bank that you are leasing it through just to make sure that you have the correct figure. When you do so, it never hurts to try to haggle with them. Some banks will negotiate the lease-end purchase prices of vehicles. If your initial contact at your bank is not willing to lower your vehicle's purchase price, you may have better luck if you work your way up the ladder to a manager. There is a good chance that they will not lower your vehicle's price, more often than not they will not, but you don't have anything to lose by asking.

As I said earlier, once you know exactly how much money it is going to cost you to buy your leased vehicle you need to compare it to its current value on the open market. You can find out approximately what your vehicle is worth by looking up its Edmunds.com True Market Value in the Used Vehicle Pricing section of this site. You also may want to stop by the following discussion: "Real-World Trade-In Values".

If your car's purchase option price is in line with or less than its current market value, which unfortunately is doubtful given the overinflated residual values that were available several years ago, you may want to buy it. If the price is too high, just walk away.

As far as the Q7 that you are considering leasing as a replacement goes, Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Q7 Premium with 10,000 miles per year are .00015 and 45%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi frommx5tomz3. Here's the info that you're looking for. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Q7 Premium with 15,000 miles per year are .00015 and 42%, respectively.

Audi is currently providing a $1,500 loyalty or $1,000 conquest incentive on leases of the '09 Q7. In addition to that, it is waiving the first month's payment on leases of this truck right now.

Car_man
    Host
    Car_man,
    Thanks very much for your reply. I already spoke to the bank and the dealer and since the mileage on the car is only 17k, nobody wants to negotiate.

The residual value for my car is 26,5k but the purchase price on the Used Vehicle pricing site is around 26,3k (dealer retail) and 24,6k (private party). I guess both prices are almost inline with the car residual value but I'm just afraid that a year from now, major issues with the car could come up that will make regret buying it.

Audi A6 is a great car but I'm a 6'2" man so the in and out of the car operation was such a pain so I was avoid using it most of the time and use my wife's car instead.

The Q7 new purchase offer sounds attractive. 3k loyalty incentive, first two month payments, 4.9% finance for 60 months and around 3k below MSRP.

Regards.
  • gt97gt97 Member Posts: 5
    Here is what we are considering. Please let me know your feedback on whether this is a good deal or not. It seems pretty aggressive.

2009 Q7 3.6 with Premium Plus Package and Panoramic Sunroof

MSRP = 52,825
    Invoice = 49,642
    Sales Price = 48,825
    In addition, Deal is putting in $1500 of loyalty cash-back as cap cost reduction
    Lease 36 months w/ 10K miles / year
    Audi Maintenance Pkg included
    Money Factor = .00015
    Residual = 45%
    First payment paid by Audi Financial
    And, dealer is paying the last two lease payments on current car ($1200 total)
    No out-of-pocket money for down payments, etc.

Monthly payment = $725 per month including local taxes
    Sounds like an excellent and very aggressive deal. Below invoice deals are something that we don't experience up here in the Northeast.

The money factor is 0.0015 and not 0.00015 and it should make a big difference in the monthly payment.

Here's what I found based on your numbers:

MSRP = 52,825
    Selling price = 48,825
    Loyalty Incentive = 1,500
    Residual Value = (52,825 * 45%) = 23,771.25
    Leased portion = (47,325 - 23,771.25) = 23,553.75 /36 = 654.27
    Money factor = (47,325 + 23,771.25) * 0.0015 (not 0.00015) = 106.65
    Total monthly payment = $760.92
    Taxes = ???

So I'm not sure why your payment is only $725 a month including taxes?
This discussion has been closed.