Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Audi Q7 Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    You're very welcome, max27t.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • kwakagykwakagy Member Posts: 3
    edited July 2010
    Car_Man,

Do you know what the current rates are for a 2011 Q7 TDI Premium Plus - 15K miles 48 months?

Thanks in advance.
  • jd15jd15 Member Posts: 2
    Hi Car_man

I am in the market to lease a Q7. The dealers are quoting me prices above the TMV for those areas. Is this just a process of haggling? I've never bought or leased such an expensive vehicle before. One guy even quoted options with accurate MSRP, Invoice but said he can sell the car for more than TMV, so wont sell it at that price. I can pay 1-2% extra but really bothers me to do so. He wants me to pay more than something is worth. I just hope other buyers feel the same way and dont give into these salesmen's tactics. I know some body else will buy it at a price he wants but I just refuse to pay extra. Any thoughts? suggestions ?

Thanks

JD
    Here's the info that you're looking for, kwakagy.

Audi Financial Services' July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 48 month lease of a 2011 Q7 TDI Premium Plus with 15,000 miles per year are .00214 and 53%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi jd15. I usually find that savvy consumers who are in an area that has a decent level of competition are usually able to negotiate lower selling prices than TMV. It's possible that there's a lack of competition or a shortage of the Q7 in your area, but I have not heard anything specific about this truck being more expensive than normal. Have you tried all the dealers in your area? Are you negotiating over the phone / via e-mail or have you physically gone to these dealerships? Dealers are usually a lot more willing to work with consumers who are physically on their lots rather than giving them a price on e-mail that they can shop around.

Car_man
    Host
  • rugby1972rugby1972 Member Posts: 1
    I would just like to say "Thank God for forums like this" You have been very helpful. I went into a local dealership in the metro DC area. I am looking to lease a 2011 Q7 TDI prestige package. I have ben reading the forum here for the past few days and realized that it seems there are no deals on the Q7 and it is difficult to locate the exact package you are looking for "color, engine, etc" I bargained the sales rep I was talking with from $888 per month with 12K per year 36 month lease and $5K down for a 3.6ltr 2010 premium plus package. They didn't have the package or color I wanted in stock, and basically talked me out of the TDI as they said it would be more expensive roughly $950 per month. What is your opinion of this deal? I think its a crock of sXiX myself.

Cheers
    MK
  • mbi1mbi1 Member Posts: 1
    What are the lease factors for a 36mo, 12,000 miles, 2010 Q7?
    Hi rugby1972. The easiest way to get a good deal on a leased vehicle is to shop around for the lowest possible selling price and then have the dealer that you decide to go with calculate your vehicle's monthly payment using its buy rate lease money factor. It would be much easier for us to evaluate this deal if you provided us with this truck's MSRP and selling price. Let us know and I'm sure that either myself or another helpful community member will gladly let you know what they think.

Car_man
    Host
    Mbi1, Audi Financial Services' August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Q7 3.0T Premium with 12,000 miles per year are .00214 and 56%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • jd15jd15 Member Posts: 2
    I got a notification of email thread in audi q7 section...about some one from Nigeria who wanted to buy and ship a Q7 to Nigeria.....I can assure you this is a scammer ! I wanted to reply by giving him Chris Hansen's email (Dateline, NBC) but decided not to as this guy may use my email for phishing....anyways I would like to flag his post as a scam and make everyone aware ! Beware of the Nigerian prince...lol !
  • JPeriwinkleJPeriwinkle Member Posts: 9
    Hi Car Man:

Looking for some help with a Q7 lease deal w/ following options:
    Prem Plus package
    Full body paint
    Warm Weather package
    19 " wheels
    Audicare

MSRP: 55,675
    plus Audicare: $695
    Total MSRP: $56,370
    Purchase price: 53,385 - $1,000 Audi loyalty money = $52,285 ($750 over invoice)

Terms: 36 month, 12k miles w/ 53% residual and .00214 MF

What do you think ? Thank you ...
    Hi JPeriwinkle. $750 over dealer invoice is a pretty good deal for this car.

The money factor that you were quoted isn't bad either, but it's slightly high. Consumers who qualify for Audi Financial Services' top credit tier are eligible for a buy rate of .00199.

I would shoot for this selling price, but the lower money factor and see what happens. All in all though this is still a pretty good deal.

Car_man
    Host
  • dctilldctill Member Posts: 3
    I've looked at a 2010 Q7 TDI with an MSRP of $59755. The best they would do on it is $56,574 and include free maintanence for four years. There is practically no inventory of Q7's within 100 miles so there is no competition in the area. Is this too much for a 2010?
  • chchoichchoi Member Posts: 40
    Car Man,

I am looking for a Q7 3.0T Premium. It will be a factor order. Dealer will sell for 500 over invoice. This is a good deal?
    I have my final configuration. This is a factory order.
    3.0T Premium with 19" wheel with destination:
    MSRP 47375

Invoice 44121
    Dealer profit 500
    Audi Loyalty (1000)
    Bank Acq 625

10k/yr lease. MF is .00199. Residual 57%.
    Min Drive off is 1358. Payment is 701 (with tax 9.25%).

Is Bank Acq 625 standard rate? Can it be waived?
    Base on my calculation, there is a hidden charge for 700. This is more than dealer profit. Dealer said it is advertising and vehicle prep fee. Can it be waived?

Am I getting the best deal?
    Do you need to pay for any Advertise fee and dealer prep fee? Is so, how much is it?
  • micosilvermicosilver Member Posts: 212
    Dealer invoice: when you look up dealer invoice on Edmunds.com, there is a disclaimer regarding ad fees:
    The invoice price does not include any fees that may be charged by the manufacturer to dealers in a particular area of the country, such as local advertising fees, dealer association fees, or docking and storage fees. Edmunds.com does not track or provide such local fees.
    If a local fee appears on the invoice, it is an actual cost that the dealer paid to the manufacturer when buying the vehicle. In other cases dealers may choose to write in their own ad fees on the consumer sales contract. However, in either case these local fees are a part of the dealer's cost of doing business

Aquisition fee cannot be waived, it has to be paid upfront, or spread over payments.
  • kjhokjho Member Posts: 4
    Hi,

I''ve an 08 Q7 with 29K miles with an option to purchase it for 27160 from Audi FS. As this seems to be a low price, my friend would like to purchase this vehicle. Does anyone know if this can be done. I got conflicting answers from Audi when I called. I would appreciate any insight on this,

thx.
    Hi chchoi. $500 over invoice is a very attractive selling price for an ordered Q7. Just make sure that the dealer uses Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor to calculate your payment and you're in business.

Car_man
    Host
  • 1st_time_lease1st_time_lease Member Posts: 10
    Hey Car Man,

I am looking for some advice on the Q7. I am looking at a 3.0T S Line. They seem to be very hard to get in CA. I spoke with the dealer tonight who quoted me 50% residual and .0028 MF. These don't seem quite right to me based on my research.

Do you have the October numbers from Audi Financing for MF and Residual? I would be interested in 12K and 15K per year.

What do you suggest is a fair price? $500 over invoice, $750? Given that they are hard to come by, I am interested in your thoughts.

Finally -- sorry for so many questions -- if I factory ordered, would you change your response? The reason I ask is that there are some options that I want that are not available in the know inventory/incoming shipment, so I am thinking about factory order.

Thanks!
    Welcome 1st_time_lease. For someone who has never leased before, you certainly seem to know what you're talking about. Kudos.

Audi Financial Services' October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Q7 3.0T Prestige S-Line with 12,000 miles per year are .00197 and 50%, respectively.

As you can see, the residual value that you were quoted is correct, but the dealer appears to be trying to mark up your truck's money factor. If your credit is in good shape, try to get the dealer to use the lower money factor that I mentioned to calculate your payment.

As far as what selling price to shoot for goes, in my opinion $500 to $750 would be an excellent price for this vehicle. If it is in as short supply as you indicated you may end up having to pay more than that. Dealers are usually more willing to negotiate on vehicles that they physically have on their lots than they are on ordered vehicles.

Car_man
    Host
  • whichluxurycarwhichluxurycar Member Posts: 54
    what is the buy rate money factor in texas for

Q7
    TDI
    36 and 48 mos
    12k per year allowance.

I suspect I have solid residual numbers (58 and 49 respectively)
    But I'm confident that there is a markup on the MF I'm quoted.

US Bank is lease provider . . . assume this is true everywhere.

THANKS!
  • tlecotleco Member Posts: 34
    Wow Audi is getting expensive.
    in 2007 there was only 1 Audi Q7 within 3 miles radius form my house. 2008 there are at least 20. We used to park 10 black Q7 back to back to pick up our kids.
    I had great incentive back then $5000 off Money factor $.00006 for 3 yrs including Audi care - Monthly payment $635 for Q7 Premium (15K year)
    It is a great car. I have no problems but I traded it in for a Escalae in Feb of 2009. I have 14 months on the lease. The car has 19K on it.
    There are a many 2007 with 45K or more advertised for $30-39K at the time (Dallas area). Mine was a few 2008 for sales (as 2007s are coming off the lease).
    I was asking for $32K as that is how much I owed on the lease (buy off $26000 at the end of the lease 50% residual)
    I didnt get even 1 call from the ad for 3 weeks. I ended up trading in for $30K for my Escalade. For some mysterious reasons - Most of the Audi are gone and they are driving Lexus and Mercedes SUV now.
    my point is the reason I tried the Q7 because it was so cheap at the time. I've leased and owned more than 25 merces, BMW, Porsche and never considred an Audi if not for the price. Once I drove the Audi, I liked the car but it would be $150-200 more for the same car.
    I changed to the Escalade because I want more room. I have no problems with the Audi especially I have Audi care and full coverage.
    The point is I do not think Audi can retain 50% or more. So if the lease can offer 50+ residual then it is a good deal.
    And I am still wondering why most people changed their Audi so quick.
    Hi whichluxurycar. Audi dealers usually run deals through Audi Financial Services. It's possible that US Bank has a competitive lease program on the Q7 right now, but I haven't seen it.

AFS' October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Q7 Premium TDI with 12,000 miles per year are .00197 and 58%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 48 month lease are .00217 and 51%.

Car_man
    Host
  • alessiocesaralessiocesar Member Posts: 21
    Hi there Car_Man and other Guru's!

Could I please ask for your help?
    I never leased before and thus started reading up a lot to get up to speed. Basically I'm looking to lease a brand new 2011 Audi Q7 3.0 TFSI® Premium Plus w/ 20" wheels. Now as for everything I understand that the most important thing is the selling price. Fortunately for me that is already done. So I have the Audi supplier discount and managed to get rid of the doc fees and thus the selling price before tax and title is $50977.

-1st question: is that a good price? I hope so...
    -2nd looking to lease this for 36 months and at least 12k miles. What are the money factor and residual values numbers for November (or whatever you have, looks like if I make this one will be actually December but just to have a good idea)
    -what is the final monthly payment for me I should look to get?
    -what other hidden fees should look for, i.e bank aquis??
    -Is this even worth buying it? You mention the Audi don't retain the value? Never had one but in the past I heard horror stories about Audi's. My 04 4runner is still worth 15k these days.

Thanks so much,
    ac
  • alessiocesaralessiocesar Member Posts: 21
    Not much help here, hopefully it will come soon...
  • chulsoochulsoo Member Posts: 11
    My Q7 lease ends in a month and I just got my car inspected. I wanted to write to let others know of my experience. I called SGS to schedule an appointment and got an appointment for the next day. The inspector came promptly and took about 20 minutes to inspect the car. He paid attention to the tires and wheels. All four of my wheels were scratched a bit and he told me that while this would be considered excessive wear and tear in the past, it was now allowed because a lot of owners had complained. My tires had enough tread as I had recently changed them. The inspector took pictures of the inside instrument panel, the center console, the wheels, the spare wheel and the front and back of the car. Overall a very pleasant experience.
  • trickyricky1trickyricky1 Member Posts: 2
    I have a 2008 Audi Q7 reaching its end of lease in December

Here are the Stats
    Residual : 30K
    Miles Drives : 22K (lease term was 10K per year)
    Price Quote by Dealer for Extending AudiCare for 2 years : 995+2500 for getting car certified

My Dilemma:
    1) Is the Residual usually negotiable at this state ?
    2) Is it worth spending $3500 more on Audi Care + Certification ?

I plan to use this car for 2-3 more years and will probably end up driving 20K miles
    Hi alessiocesar. Manufacturers' supplier purchase prices are usually fairly attractive. You can always double check to see how good a deal this price is by comparing this price to this car's dealer invoice price. That data is available over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com. Anything anywhere near dealer invoice would be considered a good deal.

Audi Financial Services' November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Q7 Premium Plus with 12,000 miles per year are .00189 and 52%, respectively.

I need this truck's MSRP to work up a payment for you. It would be available in the pricing section that I just provided you with a link to.

Audi Financial Services charges a $695 acquisition fee on every vehicle that it leases.

The quality of Audi products has improved significantly since it earned its reputation for poor reliability.

Car_man
    Host
  • greggdsgreggds Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2010
    I appreciate all the great insight I have been able to gather here from the gurus and others. Like AC, I am new to leasing and just learning some of the things to watch out for one negotiating the final terms of the lease. My question to car_man and some of the other experts is: what are some of the advantages or disadvantages of AFS vs a 3rd party leasing groups (and vice versa)?

I qualify for Zagg pricing through USAA, which depending on model and dealership is about $500 above invoice. I have noticed in speaking with one dealership that their quoted money factor was significantly higher than that of another, and the payment terms came out to be roughly equivalent to a 3rd dealership that does not participate in Zagg pricing at all (higher sticker of @$1500). MSRP for 2011 Premium Plus as configured is $57275 ($54806 after Zagg discount)

A 3rd party leasing group seems to offer more competitive rates than AFS at this time, but I am not sure if there is something I am overlooking due to my ignorance. Is there something I should be wary of with a 3rd party? And does AFS historically get more aggressive with their lease rates as time progresses during the model year?

Thank you very much in advance.
  • brelbrel Member Posts: 4
    Hello Car_man,

Can you please post the current 36 months, 10K miles/year lease rates for 2011 Q7 Premium 3.0TFSI and 3.0TDI.

Thanks for your help.
    I'd be happy to, brel. Audi Financial Services' December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Q7 Premium 3.0 with 10,000 miles per year are .00195 and 56%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a Q7 3.0 TDI Premium are .00195 and 58%.

Car_man
    Host
    I took delivery for my Q7 order 3 months ago.
    It is Q7 Premium with 19" wheel.
    MSRP 47375.
    Selling price 44548.
    Drive off 1358.
    Audi Loyalty 1000.
    36 months lease with 12k/yr
    Payment 644.03
    Tax is 62.79
    Residual 55%. MF 0.00195
  • sabel76sabel76 Member Posts: 3
    Car man,

Just been at a dealership in Houston TX looking at a 2011 Q7 S line MSRP ~$62,500. Guy told me he would knock $2,000 and that for a 36 month, 10K a year lease rsisual was 50% mf was 0.00235. As far as I can gather from your previous responses this is total bs. Seems that the Q7 is in short supply and they can do what they want but not sure why their audi fs rates are so different or is it because it is an s-line?

Cheers,

sabel76
    Hi sabel76. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor for the 2011 Q7 is .00200 for its top aka "A" credit tier. If your credit is in good shape, make sure that the dealer uses that factor to calculate your payment. The fact that you are interested in an S-Line should not have any impact upon your car's factor.

Car_man
    Host
  • sabel76sabel76 Member Posts: 3
    Thanks for the reply carman.

I'm trying to get the best Q7 deal so chasing what residuals, mf, and any incentives are.

So far my best is a $4K dealer discount ($2K dealer / $2K loyalty), 54% residual on 36 month, 52% on 39 month, 45% on 48 month, with a money factor always at 0.00245 with US Bank. Additionally the US bank lease has only 1.25% sales tax for Texas.

Do you have any tips for getting more incentive or indeed should I have better residuals? Not sure what is going on with the money factor here.

My offer from Audi FS was 0.00235 with 50% residual as I previously mentioned, the dealer in question seems very flippant about a Q7 deal as demand is far out stripping supply.

Thanks for the help in advance.

sabel76
    You're welcome sabel76. If the dealer that you are working with isn't being flexible enough with the Q7's selling price or money factor, you may want to try shopping around. If there's competition in your area you may be able to find a dealer that's willing to cut you a better deal.

Car_man
    Host
  • msavresemsavrese Member Posts: 2
    Hi Car Man, Your insight is great and invaluable. Thanks for your feedback.

I just received a quote from my local dealer for a Q7 Premium

MSRP: 47,125
    Cap Cost: 46,125
    Residual Value: 57%
    Money Factor: .00200
    Lease 36 months
    12K miles per year

What do you think about this quote? I'm not sure if there is some wiggle room or if this is a pretty good deal. Thanks.
    Hi msavrese. While it's not great, the money factor that you were quoted looks about right.

Let's take a look at this truck's selling price. I suspect that the truck that you're interested in has a spread of a little over $3,000 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. That puts the $1,000 dealer discount that you were quoted at a little over $2,000 over invoice. That's a lot of room to work with, but given the lack of support on this model right now I suspect that dealers won't be selling them for close to invoice. It wouldn't hurt to see if you can beat this deal by shopping around some or negotiating more with the dealer that you're currently working with, but again the lack of support on the Q7 leads me to believe that dealers are going to try to get as much as they can for them right now.

Car_man
    Host
  • zzrgmzzrgm Member Posts: 2
    Hi there. We are shopping for a Q7 Prestige under Audi's promotion to waive the last 4 payments on our current lease if we buy a new car from them. Here's the offer:

MSRP $59,775
    $5,000 down
    10,000 mile lease allotment
    51% residual
    money factor .0022
    For a monthly lease price of $945 for 36 months
    or $7,500 down
    10,000 mile lease for $885

Edmunds says the sticker price for this car should be $58,323. Is this a reasonable deal? How might we get a better one?
    Thanks!
    That's not a good deal as based on those numbers they aren't taking anything off of MSRP. You should be able to get it for 1,000 to 1,500 over invoice either directly or through the AMEX ZAG program (or similar programs) which would bring the selling price down by 2-3k.

On a separate note, people's opinions may vary, but I don't think it makes any sense to put that much down on a lease. Bear in mind that your numbers seem to be based on 5k or 7.5k as a true down payment - i.e. capital cost reduction - which means your total drive off will be a couple thousand more on top.

Finally, I personally think that leasing the Prestige trim is a bad deal to begin with because the residual rates are so much worse for the Prestige than for the Premium Plus. You would therefore be better off getting the Premium Plus and optioning it up, although there are some things that you just can't get as options without going to the Prestige level trim.
  • zzrgmzzrgm Member Posts: 2
    Thank you for an incredibly helpful answer! We hadn't even though of going for the Premium Plus and will check that out. I suspected we weren't getting that good a deal. Our current Q7 lease per month is about $890 and we didn't put anything down last time around. So part of the question with the pull-ahead program is if the lease amount is going to go up, maybe we just stay with our current situation until the lease term is up.
  • msavresemsavrese Member Posts: 2
    Thanks car man. I appreciate your feedback.
    You should be able to get a much better deal right now though - if you have an Amex card, you can use the ZAG program to get the car for about a thousand over invoice.

If you decide to wait until your lease runs out, then you are running the risk of lease rates getting worse over the next four months. Certainly residual values will only get worse, and it seems unlikely, although not impossible, that Audi will improve the money factors. However, if you can wait until July/August, the 2012s should be coming in around then, in which case you could probably either get (i) a great deal on a 2011 model, or (ii) a 2012 with a great residual value.
    No problem msavrese.

Car_man
    Host
  • acscorpacscorp Member Posts: 5
    We are seeing higher demand not only for Audis but other makes and models. After 2008, most manufacturers have cut production significantly.

Prior to 2008 you could get from stock any make, mode, options and color. Now it usually becomes a question of what is more important, options or color.

The other option is to order or look to see what is in the pipleline where some options can still be changed.

This also has an impact on negotiating the purchase price.

-Tarry Shebesta, OCLC
  • ab10000ab10000 Member Posts: 127
    Any updates on how much discounts for TDI Q7 Lease in bay area?
  • sunnyeverydaysunnyeveryday Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2011
    Hi, Carman,
    I just got a quote on a 2011 audi Q7 3.0T premium plus+20"wheels. I am in Ohio.

Base price: 46,250
    premium plus: 6,000
    20" wheel: 1,600
    all weather floor mat an trunk liner: 300
    MSRP: 55,025
    destination fee: 875
    county tax: 6.75%
    Selling price: 52,427
    money factor: 0.00239/42 month or 0.00219/36 month
    residue value: 49% or 53%
    monthly payment: 860 or 900

How is this price? good deal or resonable? or not a deal at all? Thanks for your input.
    Hi sunnyeveryday. The truck that you're interested in probably has a spread of around $3,700 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. That probably puts the selling price that you were quoted at around $1,000 over invoice, which isn't bad.

Keep in mind, if you are a current Audi owner, you are entitled to a $1,000 cash incentive on this lease.

Car_man
    Host
  • toetruck1toetruck1 Member Posts: 1
    Interested in March money factor and residual percentage for a Q7? thank you.
This discussion has been closed.