Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Mazda CX-7 Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Congratulations on getting your new CX-7, wilt1. Thanks for taking he time to share the details of your lease with everyone. Make sure to stop by the Dealer Ratings & Reviews section of Edmunds.com to share your thoughts on your recent dealer experience as well. Enjoy your new ride :shades: .

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi varloro. Don't feel too bad about leasing, it is not as bad a deal as you think. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. It is important to negotiate as low a price as possible when leasing, because the selling price is used to calculate your monthly payment. The lower your vehicle's price is, the lower your lease payment will be.

Let's take a look at the lease that you signed. A base 2008 Mazda CX-7 Sport 2WD has a spread of $1,500 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. In addition to that, there is $1,000 lease cash on it. That gives you $2,500 to play with during your negotiations. Assuming that the lease you agreed to is through Mazda Credit, a $4,000 discount is an excellent deal. This is a heck of a nice vehicle for $200 per month.

Car_man
    Host
  • spi5spi5 Member Posts: 48
    My deal is $239 plus tax a month for 24 month 10.5k miles(23 months payment from my pocket actually). Dealer give me absolute $0 drive off so the first month payment and all other fee are being taken care by them from whatever rebate or so.

Only down side is the car has 64 miles on it and dealer admit, despite it is 2008 model, it has been on their lot for over 180 days. That is why give a bit aggressive pricing. With total amount of payment $239x 23=5497 plus tax and nothing for drive off, I took the car and have them give me cargo cover.

I saw petty much same the deal from them on the newspaper next day - http://newspaperads.mercurynews.com/ROP/ads.aspx?advid=596546&adid=5891890&subid- - - =20292455&type=

I have to say, I really enjoy the car. Being a RX-8 owner for 4 years, I was worry that that might be a huge down grade for the fun of driving. However, it isn't. Test drove the TL, G35 and Accord before making this decision. I like CX-7 's usability and the fun to drive. With a lot cheaper price. I do not drive over 6k miles a year, so the poor gas mileage is OK for me.
  • mnguy1mnguy1 Member Posts: 6
    Goo morning from snowy MN.

We are picking up our new CX7 GT today. The dealer has a program where they would accept as a trade or outright buy our current vehicle which is a 2004 Murano. The lease on the Murano ends in 1 week. Is it even possible that they could buy the Murano buy paying off the old lease? Not sure how that works.

Thanks
  • budahkanbudahkan Member Posts: 8
    I would like to know the current residuals and money factor for CX-7 AWD Sport. Coming out of a Nissan lease and the Murano and Rogues money factor are too high at the moment .0024
  • gforce11gforce11 Member Posts: 225
    There isn't really a "program" that people accept to buy out your lease or what not. They simply treat it as a "trade-in" and apply any negative equity into your new car.
    Hi budahkan. This vehicle's lease program varies by term and mileage allowance. You never mentioned what either of these variables are, so for now I will assume that you are interested in a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want something different. Mazda's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Mazda CX-7 AWD Sport with 15,000 miles per year are .00094 and 52%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • jhcolojhcolo Member Posts: 3
    Anyone know the details on the lease deal being advertised currently on television? The fine print goes by so fast I can't get it all.

Thanks!
  • daddyjakesdaddyjakes Member Posts: 14
    Car Man

I am looking for the current residual and money factor for the CX-7 Touring FWD, 36 mo, 12k miles/yr. Location NJ/NY.

Thanks
    Here you go, daddyjakes. Mazda Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 CX-7 Touring FWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00094 and 54%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • research1stresearch1st Member Posts: 23
    I'm also interested in the current lease offer. Any guesses as to how much the monthly payment would jump for AWD and 15k/year?
  • PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    Tuesday means Mazda chat night! The chat opens at 8:45 pm ET and runs until 10 pm ET. I hope you're able to join us tonight to meet and greet with your fellow CarSpace members!
    See you there!
  • gvasilevgvasilev Member Posts: 4
    Hello All,
    Can anybody suggest what kind of deal should be negotiated for CX-7 FWD touring with no extra options in NY/NJ area with excellent credit for 36 month 10.5 miles a year?
    THank you
  • kym2098kym2098 Member Posts: 4
    Tonight I test drove a 2008 CX-7 Sport AWD
    Deal is for:
    36mo/10,000k
    2,000 our of pocket
    $340/mo

Then presented a 1,000 mac coupon deal went to:
    $315/mo

Bose/Moonroof MSRP was 28,065ish

Good deal? I walked tonight and will call them back tomorrow with a decision.
  • vladracvladrac Member Posts: 8
    What is this?
    "1,000 mac coupon deal"
    How do I get one?

Looking at a "loaded" touring Moonroof, DVD...
  • kym2098kym2098 Member Posts: 4
    I am on a Mazda mailing list since I already lease a Mazda and since my lease is ending they sent me a coupon from Mazda American Credit
  • gvasilevgvasilev Member Posts: 4
    2009 cx 7 touring FWD with no other options for 355 a month with 355 down(all fees and taxes included in 355) in NY area
  • dzcp1dzcp1 Member Posts: 4
    Can anyone tell me what kind of lease payment they are seeing in August for a 2008 Grand Touring AWD CX7 loaded except no Navigation, with 15K miles/year and 0 down other than 1st month and titles and plates (like $700 due at signing)? ALso what the money factor and residual is? Thanks!
  • jlthesonjltheson Member Posts: 2
    anyone tell me if this is a good deal. i'm in the market for a lease on 2008 cx7 sport.

M.S.R.P. 24735.00
    PRICE 23985.00
    REBATE 1725.00
    CASH 913.00
    TAXES 869.56
    GOVT FEES 277.50
    RATE .00107
    TERM 36
    RESIDUAL 12614.85
    %RESIDUAL .51

MO. PMT (0) 338.11

am i paying too much? if so how much should it be around.
  • dzcp1dzcp1 Member Posts: 4
    Not sure. I just got my new 2008 CX& Grand Touring AWD with basically every option except Navigation. Zero down except for 1st month payment and title transfer (about another $100) and my payment for 24 months is $422 which was a very good deal in the Detroit area
  • mafan3mafan3 Member Posts: 2
    Hi Car_man,

If I just want to lease a car (2009 CX7) for 2yr and return it, do I need to worry about residual and other stuff? Say dealer provides 2k down payment and $230/month+tax. So All I should pay is 2000+230*24+tax. Am I right? Is this a good deal? Thanks.
  • michiganwedmichiganwed Member Posts: 2
    Hi! I'm curious to find out the money factor and residual values for a 2008 CX-7. Also, are there any rebates for leasing this vehicle or conquest rebates. My wife's lease of a 2006 Malibu MAXX SS is up in December and she is very interested in a CX-7. I actually used to work at a dealership in F&I and know a lot of the ins and outs but unsure of how to find out this information now without asking in this forum. Thanks!
  • michiganwedmichiganwed Member Posts: 2
    Car_Man,

Here is a deal being offered by a dealership. I think they bumped the money factor a point.

MSRP: $26,470

S-plan: $24,460

Rebates: $1,725

Residual: 13,235

Money Factor: .00207

Miles: 12,000/year

Term: 36 months

Payment: $385

Any thoughts?
    Hi mafan3. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. It is very difficult to tell if you are getting the best possible deal on the CX-7 that you are interested in without knowing what its selling price is. The less you are being charged for it, the lower your lease payment will be. If I was in the market for a CX-7 right now, I personally would shoot for a selling price of right around dealer invoice.

Also, I see that you are considering making a $2,000 down payment on the CX-7 that you want. I always advise consumers not to make down payments on leases. Those who make them risk losing part or all of them if their vehicle is totaled. You would be better off going with a zero down lease, even though it means that your monthly payment will be slightly higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello michiganwed. Let's take a look at the lease program for the model that you are interested in. Mazda's program for the 2008 CX-7 varies by term and mileage allowance. For now I will assume that you are interested in a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want something different. Mazda's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 CX-7 with 15,000 miles per year are .00107 and 48%, respectively.

Mazda is currently providing a $1,725 cash incentive on leases of the '08 CX-7. I am not aware of any conquest incentives on this truck, but it would not surprise me if there was one out there.

I believe that this program is scheduled to run through the end of the month.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi michiganwed. The money factor that you were quoted is definitely too high. Mazda's current buy rate lease money factor for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier and lease an '08 CX-7 right now for 36 months is only .00107. Is your credit in decent shape? If so, then you definitely should consider switching dealers. I personally would not do business with a dealer that tried to mark my money factor up this much, especially on an S-Plan deal.

Car_man
    Host
  • nagynagy Member Posts: 4
    Does anyone know what the October 2008 lease incentives will be?
  • nagynagy Member Posts: 4
    I am in the market to lease a Mazda CX7. I live in IN on the border of IL. A dealer in IL offered the following. I am new to leasing and not sure if a decent deal or not.
    MSRP 29435
    S plan 27337
    -1725 MAC credit
    fees: 595 acquision
    150 doc fee
    Adj cap cost: 26357
    willing to pay off my trade (which is $1000 more than other dealers offered)
    .00025 money factor
    24 months 15k a year
    58% residual value
    I would have to pay 1st payment $425 and registration fees for out of state $600. Is this a legitimate fee or are they just adding on junk fees?
    $397 + $28 (7% IN sales tax)= 425 a month
    Is this decent or should I be able to do better and is this $600 fee a junk fee?
    Hi nagy. Unfortunately, Mazda is no longer providing lease support on the 2008 CX-7. This means that if you want to lease one, you will have to do so through an independent bank...if you can even find one that is willing to lease you this truck.

If I was in the market for an '08 CX-7, I personally would take advantage of its current special financing offer and finance it at 0% for 5 years. If you choose to finance it through an independent bank or pay cash for it, you can take advantage of the $3,750 dealer cash that Mazda is providing on this truck right now.

Car_man
    Host
  • jm0597jm0597 Member Posts: 3
    Hi I'm in the market for 2009 CX7 GT with the Tech Package and the auto start. I live in NJ and I'm trying to figure out what is the current money factor and residual for this vehicle. I have searched all over the net and have not been able to find any solid information. Is Mazda not supporting the vehicle with a leasing program? I am/was planning to do a 3/36k deal. I did hear Chase Auto was taking over the financing for Mazda Motors, would this affect the lease deals that are offered? Thanks.
  • ebettyebetty Member Posts: 12
    to jm0597
    I'm also looking at the same vehicle (and also VWs)- this is the rate I was quoted about a week ago- don't know if it's good or not!

2009 GT AWD
    residual % for 39 months 48%, 36 months 50%

2009 GT FWD 39 months 47%, 36 mo 49%

add 1% to each for 12k miles
    add 2% to each for 10k miles

money factor 39 months .00131, 36 months .00079 (tiers 1-3)
  • jm0597jm0597 Member Posts: 3
    Thanks for the Info ebetty. Are you cross shopping the VW Tiguan? Are the feature comparable to the CX7?
  • ngordonngordon Member Posts: 17
    Car_man - Thanks to you and all the hosts. This is also great info that empowers us against those big, bad dealers.

I am interested in Nov. Lease data on CX-7's for 36/39 mths, 12k. Thanks
  • rlbjr2rlbjr2 Member Posts: 91
    I'd like to know that info as well.
  • andy2812andy2812 Member Posts: 73
    Car_man,

Can you please confirm that the 36 month/12K miles Money Factor is .00126 and Residual is 49% for a 2009 Mazda CX-7 Sport, AWD. I'm going to try and finalize a lease deal this weekend and wanted to make sure I'm getting the right rates.

Thank you
    Hi andy2812. The money factor and residual value that you mentioned are right on the money.

Car_man
    Host
  • sam_ksam_k Member Posts: 200
    Car_man,

I know I'm all over the place asking you for leasing terms. I'm still very much undecided on what car I want to get. Could you please give me the March lease terms for a 2009 CX-7 Grand Touring for a 36 or 39 month lease with 10K or 12K miles per year?

Also, I would get the car with the technology package. Does Mazda include options in the residual value or are they like Toyota and only residualize the base price? Thanks in advance.
  • bestdeal42bestdeal42 Member Posts: 9
    Hi,
    Just got quote via email for a 36 month/12K per year lease on a CX-7 Sport AWD, no frills.

Money Down= $699
    Net Capitalization cost= $22,844
    Money Factor= 00064
    MSRP Residual %= .44

Payments= $257+tax

Is this a good deal?
    Don't worry about asking too many questions, Sam. I'm always happy to help. Mazda's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 CX-7 Grand touring AWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00124 and 46%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00150 and 44%.

If you were to lease with only 10,000 miles per year, this vehicle's residual values would be 1% higher.

I believe that Mazda, which uses Chase to lease vehicles, allows the full residualization of all factory-installed options.

Car_man
    Host
  • maxglobin_420maxglobin_420 Member Posts: 1
    Hello.... firstly i have to say thank you to all who contribute, especially car_man.....

im currently leasing a 2006 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE... lease ends September 1st..... wat r my options right now if I'm considering leasing a new car? will it matter if i go back to nissan again?

after much research ive narrowed it down to 6 cars, the cx-7 being one of them.... my question is wat can i expect to pay monthly for a lease with lowest miles and up to 39 months for the CX-7 grand touring front wheel drive with the tech package, under guards package, remote start , splash guards and wheel locks? quoted price is $27,601...... includes destination charge but i think no taxes......

thank you!!!!
  • mykedavemykedave Member Posts: 1
    Hello I am in the Ft Lauderdale area and Im looking to purchase a CX-7 2008 or 2009. My question is with no money down and a very good credit rating what is the best deal that I can get. Im looking to pay around 350.00 per month if possible for 60 months. Any suggestions or advise will be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you
  • abukiabuki Member Posts: 7
    Hi Car_man, Would you know what is the current Residual and MF for an CX-7 touring AWD? i'm looking at either 15K or 12K miles per year, and 36 to 39 month terms?

Thanks...
    You're very welcome, maxglobin. You will have two options at the end of your Altima lease, buy your leased car or return it to the dealer and get something new...which does not necessarily have to be another Nissan vehicle.

Given the dramatic fall in the value of used vehicles over the past year you probably do not want to buy your car at lease-end, unless Nissan is willing to significantly reduce its purchase option price.

I would be happy to work up a sample lease payment on the CX-7 that you are interested in for you. It's good that you already know what the selling price of the model that you want is. That is a very important number. In order to calculate a lease payment I need to know what its full MSRP is as well. Let me know and I'll crunch some numbers.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi mykedave. This particular discussion is for people to talk about leasing the CX-7. You will probably have better luck getting feedback on what sort of selling price to expect and what your finance payment will look like over in the "Mazda CX-7 Prices Paid and Buying Experiences" discussion.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi abuki. Mazda's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 CX-7 Touring AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00124 and 42%, respectively. the numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00150 and 40%. If you were to lease with only 12,000 miles per year, this vehicle's residual values would be 2% higher.

When negotiating your lease, make sure to take advantage of the $1,000 cash incentive that Mazda is currently providing on leases of it.

Car_man
    Host
  • britboyinflbritboyinfl Member Posts: 5
    In June 2007 we leased a CX-7 Grand Tourer with Technology package (DVD Nav)for first month down and $340 a month (Inc. Tax) on a 24 month lease. This weekend we asked the same dealer for the same again, as our lease is coming to an end, and he quoted $1,000 down and $471 a month ! WTF !

Can 'mr. CarMan' please tell me what is going on ?
    Hi britboyinfl. Unfortunately, in general manufacturers' lease programs are much worse today than they were several years ago. The main reason for this is that for years manufacturers were unknowingly overestimating vehicles' residual values, making their monthly payments lower than they should have been.

This became a major problem for banks starting last summer. First when gas prices spiked to $4.00/gallon the resale values of trucks fell off of a cliff. Then when the economy entered a deep recession the values of most other vehicles followed.

The banks that had been leasing vehicles to consumers for years found that the vehicles coming back off-lease were worth nowhere near what they had estimated they would be and they were forced to take millions and millions of dollars in losses. Naturally, they were disturbed by this and they lowered their residual values for vehicles going forward.

So that in a nutshell is why leasing is generally more expensive today than it used to be. There are still some attractive lease deals out there...they are just fewer and further between than they used to be.

Car_man
    Host
  • britboyinflbritboyinfl Member Posts: 5
    Thanks for the clear explanation Car_man,

I bet if I asked Mazda to lower my lease end buy price because of a 'revised' residual they would say no :)

After much 'negotiating' we have signed with Nissan for a Rogue SL with Premium and Leather (MSRP $26470) for 0 down, and 38 * $371 (+ Tax). That's the best we could do. No Nav (Guess a Garmin will do) and $60 a month more than our CX-7 for a similarly spec'd car.
  • patwhitepatwhite Member Posts: 7
    Hello, wife is looking at the CX-7 Touring and we got an initial quote of $25,570 if we take the rebates and not any special financing.

Does anyone know what the money factors/residual are for the Raleigh NC area? Not sure yet if this price is good. The MSRP on the sticker is $29,820.

Thank you!
  • runnernicrunnernic Member Posts: 15
    i have a 2008 grand touring with navigation and remote start... i put $0 down and pay $400.02 a month.... i'm in central NJ