Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Mazda CX-7 Lease Questions

123457»

Comments

• bratrambratram Member Posts: 2
    Hey carman- Thank you for the numbers.
    I agree that the Forester is a better car-but the mazda numbers are pretty good here in NJ. There is really not much of a negotiating room with a sube....and the mitsu was plesantly surprising.....but still looking...
    suddenly over the weekend we thought we should just go with the bigger cx9-so i am crunching numbers for that car
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    You're welcome, bratram. Good luck in your hunt for a new ride.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • ceg1012ceg1012 Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2010
    Hi, can you tell me Mazda's June lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease - 2010 CX-7 s Touring with 15,000 & 12,000 miles per year are?
  • monte72monte72 Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2010
    Please help.

Without getting into specifics (I know my first mistake) does the above sound like a good lease with $2000 down $333 month? That includes tax and first month payment. Only additional expenses are DMV and 75 documentation fee.

Thank you very much.
  • jrammjramm Member Posts: 14
    I went to my originating dealer to purchase my vehicle at the end of the lease based on the residual amount specified in the lease contract.

In addition to residual + ttl, the dealer added in $250 doc fee, and $950 "dealer" fee.

Original contract states in the purchase option "$residual plus official fees and taxes, and a reasonable documentary fee if a allowed by law..."

I would argue that $250 isn't reasonable, but the bigger issue is the $950 fee. Finance manager says the is "our standard dealership fee for selling you the car."

My interpretation is that this is his mark-up and isn't covered under the "official fees" language per the contract. He says it is.

I like the car and prefer to keep it, plus we've gone over mileage (mistake) making turn in cost more than just paying the "bogus" fee.

I don't believe these fees should apply, but I'm not a lawyer.

Any advise is appreciated.

PS - I'm in TX if that matters.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,789
    Call your leasing institution and ask if you can return the car to any Mazda dealer... If so, call around and find out the fees from those dealers..

Be sure to let the bank know about this dealer... and..that you will walk away from the car if you can't buy it for the residual.

I'm not a lawyer, either... They should honor the contract, but I doubt it will be worth your trouble to pursue it legally.. I'd just find another dealer.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• sixtysixty Member Posts: 3
    Hello, I am looking to lease a CX-7 i Sport with conv. package soon and I would like to know the money factor and residual value for a 36 month/12,000 mile lease.

Thank you
    Hello sixty. Chase's October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 CX-7 i Sport FWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00091 and 47%, respectively.

When negotiating your deal on this truck, make sure to take advantage of the $645 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of it in most regions.

Car_man
    Host
  • bstall76bstall76 Member Posts: 3
    Is the money factor and residual value the same for the CX-7 touring? If not can you let me know the numbers.
    Thanks
    Brett
    Hi Brett. The numbers actually are the same for the Touring model.

Car_man
    Host
  • zarmarzarmar Member Posts: 1
    Can someone provide me the current money factor for a 2011 CX-7 Sport?

Thanks in advance
    edited November 2010
    I'd be happy to help you out, zarmar.

According to the latest information that I have seen, Mazda's November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 CX-7 Sport 2WD with 15,000 miles per year are .00062 and 50%, respectively.

I believe that the residual value for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year is 2% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • sandy25sandy25 Member Posts: 65
    No dealers in my area, metro NY, have the 2011 CX 7. Any idea when they will be available?
  • cdilcdil Member Posts: 5
    Hello, I am looking to lease a Mazda CX-7 i Sport with sport conv. package soon and I would like to know the money factor and residual value for a 39 month/12,000 mile lease (also the numbers w/o the package). Thanks!
    Here you go, cdil. Mazda's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2011 CX-7 i Sport with 12,000 miles per year are .00084 and 51%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • cdilcdil Member Posts: 5
    Thanks Car_man!
    You're welcome, cdil.

Car_man
    Host
  • af145af145 Member Posts: 31
    edited March 2011
    Car_man,
    Do you know the Money Factor and Residual on the 2010 AWD s Grand Touring CX7? 10K miles/year, 36 or 39 months.

The 2010 model is really cheap now (at least according to Edmunds). I'm thinking of ending my RDX lease 3 months early and trying the CX7. Any help and advice will be appreciated!
    Hi af145. Mazda is not providing lease support on leftover 2010 models any longer. In fact, I'm not sure if you can even lease a '10 CX-7 at this point. If you're determined to lease, you probably would be better off going with a 2011 model.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks a lot Car_man! I guess I'll wait till my RDX lease expires.
    You're welcome af145.

Car_man
    Host
  • jao1jao1 Member Posts: 2
    I am looking to lease a Mazda CX-7 i Sport with sport conv. package today and I would like to know the money factor and residual value for a 39 month/12,000 mile lease (also the numbers w/o the package). I want to be at $300 a month including tax. What is the total I would have to put down on both packages in order to get to the $300 with tax range? I was recommended to a manager at a dealership but want to make sure I am not getting a bad deal. Please advise.

Thx!
    Hi jao1. If you provide me with the MSRP and dealer invoice price of the exact CX-7 that you are interested in I would be happy to use Mazda's actual current lease program to work up a payment on it for you. You can find this pricing data over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com.

Car_man
    Host
  • leslieweiler73leslieweiler73 Member Posts: 11
    You might research the problems with this make and model if u do get it save your oil change receipts not that matters in most cases..... Just A concerned concerned :lemon: Mazda CX7 Owner :lemon:
    Car_man,
    What are the June Money Factor and Residual on the 2011 AWD s Grand Touring CX7? 10K miles/year, 36 or 39 months.

I'm trying to figure out which is a better value -- a new RDX or a CX7... or maybe Equinox LTZ.
  • dannyboy10dannyboy10 Member Posts: 1
    Hello Carman!
    We love the CX7 iSport FWD 2011.
    MSRP $25540 total which is 22,795 plus 200 for paint and 1750 for convenience pkg.
    They will give us a $500 rebate off the Sticker
    42 month lease,
    15,000 miles a year - total 52,500 miles at the end.
    Residual is supposedly 11,200.
    Looking at signing a lease with mf of .00215
    and a trade of 1500 plus 2000 more down.
    about 1100 in taxes and 350 approx lic. I think the MF is high and the residual is a little low.
    They are pushing hard for a $546 extended warranty since we will be beyond the 36 mos 36,000 mile standard coverage.
    I would like to see a better MF or residual since they are not moving on the price much.
    On a scale of 1-10 how does this sound to you?
    Thanks in advance
    Dannyboy10
    Hi af145. Mazda's June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 CX-7 AWD Grand Touring with 10,000 miles per year are .00086 and 46%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00096 and 45%.

When negotiating your deal on this truck, make sure to take advantage of the $500 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of it.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Dannyboy10. You should be able to do a lot better than $500 off on this truck. Mazda is providing a $500 cash incentive on leases of it, so in essence the dealer isn't discounting the vehicle at all. Negotiate a selling price that's as close to dealer invoice as possible and then have the dealer take off the cash incentive.

The money factor that you were quoted is way too high as well. If your credit is in good shape, this truck's factor should be about half what you were quoted.

If I was quoted this deal, I definitely would shop around.

Car_man
    Host
  • cera79cera79 Member Posts: 1
    Can someone provide me the current money factor for a 2011 CX-7 Sport?
    I am seeking a 15k miles, 36 month lease .....
    Thanks a lot for the info. But 46%?! With the previous year's model gone for only a couple of months? Mazda management must be out of their minds. That's full 10% less than the residual on Acura RDX! This way, the more expensive RDX will be cheaper to lease!
  • voilamodevoilamode Member Posts: 3
    Hello I just read your post on the cx7 and was wondering if you could give me an idea of a reasonable lease payment

$25,340 msrp w/ conv. Package

0 down.

6% sales tax

They mentioned that I’m eligible for the loyalty incentive and then whatever the incentive is for June.
    I'd be happy to cera79.

Chase's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 CX-7 Sport FWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00086 and 47%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Yep, that residual is right af145. It's difficult to say if the depreciation on Mazdas is actually that much worse than it is on Acuras or if Mazda is just being more realistic in its estimate of the future value of its vehicles. I know for a fact that BMW and Mercedes artificially inflate their vehicles' residuals all the time in an effort to hide support and make their leases more attractive to consumers.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi voilamode. This vehicle's lease payment will depend upon what its selling price is. There should be $1,000 in cash incentives on leases of this truck, including the loyalty cash. Let's say that you are able to negotiate another $1,000 dealer discount on top of that.

According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2011 Mazda CX-7 i Sport 2WD that has an MSRP of $25,340 and a selling price of $23,340 through Chase right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $348.

Car_man
    Host
    Thank you, this is right around where we'd like to be so I'll uses these numbers in the neg process...
    No problem voilamode.

Car_man
    Host
  • chinamom2006chinamom2006 Member Posts: 2
    Hi,

I am on the market to get a new lease and I am considering a Mazda CX-7 i Touring. After test driving the car today, I was given the following numbers:

2011 Mazda CX-7 I Touring includes 2.5L 4-cyl, leather, moonroof, backup camera, etc.
    Selling price: $25,050
    Total price (including TTL+$595 acquisition fee): $26, 990
    Monthly Payment: $395
    0% down
    42 months
    12k/year
    residual: 48%

Is this a good deal?

The manager didn't give me any info regarding the money factor. He mentioned the $500 cash incentive, but it was not clear to me if they have already factored it in to get to this monthly payment. Also, I am torn between a 36 month vs. 42month lease. Will I have to buy extra warranty/maintenance if I decide to go with the 42 month lease?

TIA!
    edited June 2011
    Thanks again, just got the cx7 w/ conv. pack sticker 25,340 - down to 22076 lease, 0 down, 351 w/ tax out the door...36 mo 12k. Plus they got me out of my lease 1 1/2 early! What do you think?
  • chinamom2006chinamom2006 Member Posts: 2
    Is it an I touring? If not, does it have leather seats?
    You're welcome voilamode. The selling price that you were quoted looks very attractive. Just make sure that the dealer is using this model's buy rate lease money factor to calculate your payment and you're in business.

Car_man
    Host
  • lucky931lucky931 Member Posts: 2
    Car man,
    Thanks for all you provide to edmunds members. Do you have the current money factor and residuals for the CX-7?
    looking for a 24 & 36 Month 15K lease.