Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Mazda CX-7 Lease Questions

Comments

• poopspoops Member Posts: 223
    ...for the month of December?
  • sssfegysssfegy Member Posts: 132
    As of today, it is unchanged by Mazda, at least here in Co.
  • kcittikcitti Member Posts: 10
    What is the feasibility of leasing a cx-7 grand touring with tech package for under $400 a month? (12k miles, trade in value $4500, 36 mo lease)
  • sasukesasuke Member Posts: 77
    Got this offer today:
    Grand Touring with Sun and Sound Package for $385 a month, taxes and fees up front. Is this a good deal?
    nothing down? no trade in?
    just taxes and all that junk..no trade -ins
    what were you able to negotiate the proce of the vehicle down to?
    I'm honestly not sure...i was in a rush and test drove it and he gave me a price...is that $385/month a good deal for the grand touring + sun and sound?
  • dashbbdashbb Member Posts: 119
    Well, what is the down payment? Lease duration? Annual mileage? If this is for 36 months, 12k miles/yr with zero down, then it is a pretty good deal.
    Good Luck. CX-7 is an excellent SUV.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi hobo343. You never mentioned the selling price or MSRP of the CX-7 that you are interested in leasing. These are important numbers for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing this truck's selling price in relation to its MSRP you don't know how much of a discount you are getting on it. The second reason is that one needs the selling price and MSRP, including the destination charge, of a vehicle to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion of this deal if you let me know what these numbers are.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hello kcitti. Since you are new to the world of leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

I would be more than happy to give you an idea of what this truck should cost to lease right now. However, in order for me to do so I need you to provide me with its full MSRP and selling price. You should be able to get a good idea of what sort of selling price to expect by visiting the following discussion: "Mazda CX-7: Prices Paid & Buying Experiences". You can look up its MSRP in the following section of this site: Edmunds.com - New Vehicle Pricing. Let me know what these numbers are for the CX-7 that you want and I will crunch some numbers for you to give you an idea of what sort of lease payment to expect.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Yes
    Just kidding poops. I would be happy to give you an idea of what the CX-7's lease program is like right now. In order for me to do so I need you to provide me with some additional information first. This information includes the exact model that you want, how long you want to lease it for, and the mileage allowance that you need. It would also be helpful if you would tell me what state you live in. This matters because Mazda's lease program for the CX-7 is more attractive in certain areas than it is in others. Let me know and I will tell you exactly what this vehicle's lease program is like.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hello kcitti. Off of the top of my head, I don't know exactly how much it will cost to lease this vehicle. I would be happy to use Mazda's actual lease program to tell you exactly how much it will cost to lease this it right now, but in order for me to do so I need you to provide me with its full MSRP and approximate selling price first. For now I can tell you that it is not in your best interest to use the proceeds from your trade as a down payment on your lease. Consumers who make large down payments on leased vehicles risk losing them if their vehicles are totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered. There's nothing wrong with trading your current vehicle in if you enjoy the convenience that is associated with doing so, just have the dealer that you are working with cut you a check for it rather than using it as a down payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi sasuke. Dashbb is right. It is difficult to say whether this lease is a good deal without having some additional information. This information includes how long this lease is, its mileage allowance, its MSRP, its selling price, and what state you are in. Let me know and I will be happy to give you my opinion of this deal.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • daddypostdaddypost Member Posts: 2
    I'm looking for the Residual and MF rates for a 2007 FWD CX-7 Sport. Its the one they have for the national incentive. MSRP around $24550. I'm looking for 36 mo, 12 or 15K, and also 24 mo, 12 or 15K. Dealers won't give me the numbers, just keep saying, well it depends on the length and amount of miles. :mad: I KNOW THAT (thanks to you and this board), I just want the figures. If you could help it would be Great. If it is regional, I'm in Tennessee and have over 710 credit. Thanks again for ALL THE HELP
    If it's any help, I just leased a GT with tech package in OH- 12k, 36 month. My credit is over 700, got residual of 57% and money factor of .00142.
  • justin3687justin3687 Member Posts: 5
    I got the same residual and money factor on my GT AWD w/tech package. Invoice was $30,700, got it for $30,200. Had them throw in a remote starter for $225. With no money down my payment is $446 with tax for 12k miles/year. 36 mo.
  • templer16templer16 Member Posts: 6
    Currently a dealer in Denver (Which seems to be a market that this car can't sell in!) Is offering a 24mo, 10500mi lease for 237 with a 1000.00 down. This offer is for a your entry level FWD Sport model.

Is this a good deal? Oh and btw I plan to purchase this car after the 24mos so the 10.5k mi isnt a big to me
  • qbkila99qbkila99 Member Posts: 5
    Just leased a CX7 Grand Touring w/moonroof package for $456 a month. 3 yrs, 45,000 miles. Only money out of pocket was the first payment. Copper red with sand leather. Love the color combo. Did a lot of haggling via email but think I got a decent deal. Any comments?
    I negotiated the price of the car down to 28913, which I believe is just about invoice for the fwd gt with tech.
  • cxrabbitcxrabbit Member Posts: 134
    "I negotiated the price of the car down to 28913, which I believe is just about invoice for the fwd gt with tech."

Great deal! I got my FWD with Tech +remote start, preferred equipment and Sirius Satellite radio for $29,940 and I thought that was good (still think so, but seems you did better)!
    I didn't get the satellite radio or remote start, so that probably accounts for the difference. What color and interior did you get? Mine is copper red metallic and black leather. I love the fact that I could get the red with the black interior. The black interior flows nicely througout the car. I wasn't a big fan of the beige and black interior. I haven't had the gas cap problem yet and will probably be a little upset when I do, but...oh well.
    I got the Crystal White with black leather interior. Agree with you on the Beige... wasn't a fan (and I have kids, and even though they are older, it didn't seem practical).

Here's a pic of my car:

I got the front windows tinted the week after I picked it up :)
  • vbbuiltvbbuilt Member Posts: 498
    Very, Very nice! It's all nice, bright, and shiny! Wait until it rains and get's covered in mud! :P

BTW, you must live in a state where tinting is legal. In VA, it's illegal to tint the front windshield and front driver/passenger windows as you've done. Only slight tinting is allowed. I occasionally here about law enforcement citing drivers for tinting their windows too dark.

Looks good though!

Vince.
    Thanks!

In NY, where I am, darker than 35% on the front driver and passenger side is illegal. I did go darker, but don't expect a problem unless I get pulled over for something else.

I didn't tint the whole windshield - we can't do that in NY. I only did the top six inches to cut down on sun glare (had it in my last car and loved it).
  • cx7fortacx7forta Member Posts: 6
    Greetings all - I'm a newbie to this forum, though I've just spent the last several hours reading through several of the CX-7 related forums, including this one, to get acclimated.

My '95 Toyota 4Runner recently blew its head gasket so I'm now in the market for a new ride. Have been eyeing the CX-7 for awhile now and have done a lot of research and think it's the right one for me.

I'm interested in a Black/Sand GT with the tech package, SIRIUS, and auto dim mirror and am leaning towards a 24 or 36 month lease, primarily to keep the monthly payments lower (my wife is not working at the moment since we have a little one at home, so cash flow is key).

I've been crunching the numbers and it appears that the invoice cost for this would be $29166. Edmunds TMV price is $31465 and the CarsDirect.com quote I received is $29426 ($260 over invoice). I've requested online quote from a number of local dealers (I'm in San Diego), but just did so an hour ago.

The reason for my post is that Edmunds shows that there are current lease specials for a FWD GT - $331/month for 24 months (12K mileage/year, $2926 due at signing), or $341/month for 36 months (12K mileage/year, $2936 due at signing). These specials started on 12/1 and expire on 1/2/07. Both of these indicate that there is a $2000 down payment (presumably part of the amount due at signing).

I've read enough to know to negotiate no down payment, but my question is how would the lease payments change presuming no down payment and the inclusion of the options? What money factor are they using for this special?

I used the Edmunds lease payment calculator, but using the money factor I've seen in other postings (.0028) and the CarsDirect.com quote price (just for comparison), it shows a monthly payment of $548.26.

I would like the monthly payment to be as low as possible - any thoughts / suggestions are welcome - thanks! (and yes, I've read the 10 steps to leasing already :)
  • carguy09carguy09 Member Posts: 3
    As a Mazda Master-Certified Salesman and a BIG personal believer in leases the one drawback is the complexity of lease structures. I often tell customers that a car deal is like a table where price of the car is one leg, APR another, etc. Well, for leases imagine an eight-legged table (yeah, this is going to get complicated).

I understand your goal is the lowest monthly payment possible, so with that in mind I would suggest:
    a)rethink your money down (or cash due at signing). With a conventional purchase you can guestimate a $20-$25/mo difference in payment @ a 60 mo. term. With a lease, due to the fact you are only paying for a % of the vehicles price (price minus residual value divided by term) you can get a much higher payment difference per $1000 you put down at signing due to the fact that the way the vehicle depreciates isn't consistent through time. $50, even $70 a month difference isn't strange on these incentivised lease programs. Also, with a lease, the first payment in typically due at signing, not 45 days out as with a conventional purchase. so, keep in mind that if the first payment isn't paid at signing it gets divided up between the remainder of installs, raising your mo. payment.
    b) Understand the manufacturer's thinking. Leases are intended to offer a better ownership experience for the majority of consumers with an added option of walking away from a car with no negative equity in a relatively short time frame. So, in short, mr. or ms. customer gets a great vehicle at a payment that easily fits into the budget, has full factory warranty (no additional costs of ownership) and , for people like me who tire easily of any one vehicle, the opportunity to get out of that car much earlier w/o any financial penalty. "wow!" i say, "that was such a great experience I'm going to go with Mazda again!" It puts the customer back in the market sooner and happy with prev. experience. So, for these reasons I would only consider a 24 to 36 mo. lease because Mazda is going to incentivise that target time frame much heavier then a 48 month term. I have been on vacation for the last two months, but the last lease I worked on a cx7 was a AWD touring w/ moonroof/6disk cd and the residual at 24 mos was an incredible 72% with a money factor of something like .0017. The program was so well worked that going to a 36 mo. term changed the payment by $1.50! But, going to a 48 mo. term actually raised the monthly payment because Mazda was no longer incentivising residual value at that point. Of course all this really is just throwing numbers in the wind without knowing the current terms to the lease programs.

Now that I've probably completely confused you, let me suggest a course of action. Take advantage of the fact that you can do business anywhere you want to for the same terms. First off I would pre-screen dealerships as to what type of sales process they employ. I would find one that uses the Cardone (car-DOUGHn) sales process. The entire basis of Cardone's system is "information overload" that is, offer ALL the information (and then some more if you can) with the hope that it will be appreciated enough by the customer that it will earn his/her business. It will allow you to compare several different configurations and pick the best one for you.

Well, I hope I helped some. If you're in or close to the Northwest, I'd be happy to assist in person. Questions I'm happy to answer from anywhere... :P
  • extech2extech2 Member Posts: 120
    In our local paper (Orange County Register in S. California) a Mazda dealer offers GT CX-7s front wheel drive, with $ 249 plus tax for a 24 month lease, with under $ 1000 total drive off - includes 1st month payment, and license fees. Sounds a lot better than the Honda Element SC with $ 333 a month, 36 months, and $2999 down plus tax and license. The GT CX-7 is a much more expensive car, the money factor alone can't make such a big difference in monthly payments - I wonder what's going on.
  • waydewayde Member Posts: 198
    HI Carman -
    What is the current MF for 36/12,000 and 36/45,000 for a CX7 Grand Touring?
    Thanks
  • ajp7ajp7 Member Posts: 5
    Would love to know which dealership in OC is offering this lease deal. I have checked the OC dealer web pages but have not found the deal you spoke of on the GT CX-7. Any more info would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks v. much
  • axis1axis1 Member Posts: 3
    Black GT with the moonroof package.
    Sale price is $26,677 plus license and title of $218 dollars (DMV). The MSRP for this vehicle is $28,480.00 and is what the 55% residule value is based off of. Your lease term is 39 months with 10,500 miles a year for a payment of $375.66 per month. Your security deposit is $400 dollars and can be transferred to help with the Wear Care expense. Every lease has an aquisition fee of $595 dollars and this is alread put in the lease to give you the $375 dollar payemnt money factor is .00171
    Is this a good deal
    Here are the figures that I think you are asking for. Your Sale price is $26,677 plus license and title of $218 dollars (DMV). The MSRP for this vehicle is $28,480.00 and is what the 55% residule value is based off of. Your lease term is 39 months with 10,500 miles a year for a payment of $375.66 per month. Your security deposit is $400 dollars and can be transferred to help with the Wear Care expense. Every lease has an aquisition fee of $595 dollars and this is alread put in the lease to give you the $375 dollar payemnt. You had mentioned that you will put down your first payment and the Security Deposit/Wear Care when we last spoke. Your money factor is .00171
  • forbin404forbin404 Member Posts: 11
    What is everyone's opinion of the
    $2.2k money down 249 27month 12k miles lease being offered by Mazda USA right now?

I saw an ad that showed a CX-7 Sport for $500 down $249 27month 10.5k miles in the paper last week.
  • robert52robert52 Member Posts: 27
    Saw something similar in the Kansas City paper the other day, but can't put my hands on it now. I have emailed 3 mazda dealers to see what kind of deals they have. I am sure my phone will start ringing about 8:01 a.m. tomorrow. I did stop by one dealer today and they must have about 40 on their lot. Would guess they have a little abundance of inventory on their hands. Will report what I hear tomorrow.
  • jbpiperjbpiper Member Posts: 3
    I am interested in any thoughts on the below quote (thanks in advance):

Here is what I can do for the Grand Touring AWD.
    MSRP $26,895, will sell for $25,550 . RESID. 66%, RATE .00155
    tOTAL mONTHLY PAYMENT $356.76 PER MONTH.
    WITH $2000 TOTAL DRIVR OFF . AND 10,500 MIL/YEAr.
  • vwgolfiiivwgolfiii Member Posts: 11
    I found this deal:

http://www.mazdausa.com/MusaWeb/displayRegionalIncentives.action

2007 CX-7 Sport FWD
    $259/Month, 27-Month Lease, $2,854 due at Lease Signing. Includes 1st Month’s Payment and Acquisition Fee. Excludes taxes, title and fees.

This looks pretty good to me. The only better deals I have seen were newspaper-advertised loss leaders on specific cars.

Any comments?
    Thanks
    Hello templer16. You never mentioned the selling price or MSRP of the car that you are interested in leasing. These are important numbers for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing this car's selling price in relation to its MSRP you don't know how much of a discount you are getting on it. The second reason is that one needs the selling price and MSRP, including the destination charge, of a vehicle to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion of this deal if you let me know what these numbers are.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Wow, nice looking ride, cxrabbit. Congratulations and thanks for sharing the picture with us. Enjoy!

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Welcome cx7forta. Sorry to hear about your 4Runner. A blown head gasket can cause a lot damage. I can see why you need a new vehicle. I would be happy to use Mazda's latest lease program to calculate a sample zero down lease payment on the exact CX-7 that you want for you. However in order for me to do so I need you to provide me with its MSRP, in addition to the aforementioned selling price. For now I can tell you that Mazda Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 27 month lease of a 2007 Mazda CX-7 GT 2WD with 12,000 miles per year are .00221 and 65%, respectively. Mazda is currently providing $500 lease cash on this model, so be sure to take it into account when negotiating your CX-7's selling price.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Here's the information that you're looking for, wayde. Mazda Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2007 Mazda CX-7 Grand Touring AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00206 and 53%, respectively. The money factor would be the same for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year, but its residual value would be 2% higher. When negotiating your lease on this vehicle, make sure to take the $500 lease cash that is currently available on it into account. It will help you to negotiate an attractive capitalized cost for your lease.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi axis1. The money factor that you were quoted looks very attractive to me. A base 2007 Mazda CX-7 GT AWD has a spread of only around $1,800 between its full MSRP and dealer invoice price. Mazda is providing $500 lease cash on it as well. This gives you a total of around $2,300 to play with when negotiating the capitalized cost for your lease. You were quoted a discount of right around $1,800 on this vehicle. That looks like a good deal to me, it's right around $500 over invoice once the cash incentive is taken into account. If you like this vehicle, I personally don't see any reason not to pull the trigger on this deal.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi forbin404. this looks like Mazda's official advertised lease payment for the 2007 CX-7. Like most manufacturers' advertised lease payments, I suspect that this one leaves a little meat on the bone to to speak. Always remember that the selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Shop around and negotiate the lowest selling price that you can on the exact model that you want. Given the $500 lease cash that is available on the CX-7 right now, I suspect that you may be able to negotiate a selling price on one that's right around dealer invoice. Make sure to stop by the following discussion to see how much other community members have paid for similar vehicles lately: "Mazda CX-7: Prices Paid & Buying Experiences".

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi jbpiper. The lease money factor and residual value that you were quoted for this truck look great to me. As far as the selling price goes, the 2007 Mazda CX-7 GT AWD has a spread of around $1,800 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. Add to that the $500 lease cash that is available on this truck right now and we have a total of around $2,300 to play with. You were quoted a $1,345 discount on the specific model that you are interested in. That appears to be around $1,000 over invoice or so. If you are in an area that has a decent level of competition, you may want to shop around a little bit to see if you can beat this price by a couple hundred dollars. You don't have anything to lose by trying.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hello vwgolfiii. This looks like Mazda's official advertised lease payment for the 2007 CX-7. Like most manufacturers' advertised lease payments, I suspect that this one leaves a little meat on the bone to to speak. Always remember that the selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Shop around and negotiate the lowest selling price that you can on the exact model that you want. Given the $500 lease cash that is available on the CX-7 right now, I suspect that you may be able to negotiate a selling price on one that's right around dealer invoice. Make sure to stop by the following discussion to see how much other community members have paid for similar vehicles lately: "Mazda CX-7: Prices Paid & Buying Experiences".
  • marleybarrmarleybarr Member Posts: 334
    I paid $28,350.00 plus TT+L for an AWD GT w/ compass mirror, package tray, and rear bumper guard. Have 4000 miles on the vehicle and the only repair issue has been a replacement gas cap. Was this a fair deal from your prospective as a Mazda dealer in the Northwest? (I bought in Minneapolis, Mn.)
  • robert52robert52 Member Posts: 27
    Picked up my new White CX7 sport AWD yesterday. Tan Cloth (dislike leather)mirror,bumper guard,bose, roof, pwr seat,sunroof visor, wheel locks. $0 dollars down.$385/mo.27 months 10,500 miles per year. Includes all taxes. First payment at closing. Keep making excuses to leave the house today so I can drive it. Best sounding radio I have ever had in a car.
  • jbpiperjbpiper Member Posts: 3
    Car man,

As suggested I continued conversations and have an updated quote on a 2007 CX-7 GT FWD with Moonroof/Bose Package. The MSRP is $28,480 and the offered selling price is $26,500.

I feel pretty satisfied with this and am planning on picking up the vehicle on Wednesday.
  • blueappleblueapple Member Posts: 1
    IS the 500 lease cash available at Orange County? I went to the dealership today but we didn't reach an agreement. Below is what the dealership's offering, I am debating on if I should take it...is it a good deal?

CX-7 touring with tech package
    MSRP $30300
    Invoice $28000
    27 mo, 0 down, 12k miles.
    $387.41/mo + 30.02tax = $417.43/mo
    leather, heated, power seat.

tks-
    blueapple
    Car Man the GT is not the AWD am I still getting a good deal