Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Mercedes Benz GL-Class Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• heabuyerheabuyer Member Posts: 7
    Looks like the USAA site uses the same ZAG tool that AMEX uses.
    Also, military members that qualify for auto-insurance there is a $6000 USAA incentive credit available on 2011 and $3000 on 2012.
    I am being told by the dealer that I can not use USAA and Conquest money in the same deal.
  • alexebialexebi Member Posts: 16
    Hello,

Some have reported great deals on GL450s as much as 16% below MSRP. Any tips or dealer referrals. I am trying to secure a great deal on a GL450 and need some help.

Thx.
  • mr_newmanmr_newman Member Posts: 5
    This is what I signed the papers on today:

2012 GL 450

MSRP: $72,775

Sale Price: $61,225 ($11,500 discount, including conquest cash)

Lease details:

Monthly payment: $725
    $0 down
    12,000 miles per year
    MF = .00161 (I know it was about a 3/4 of a point high, but didn't argue because of the discount)

If this helps anyone, that's great.
  • ab10000ab10000 Member Posts: 127
    Hi mr_newman
    How many month lease?
    Is the tax included? what is tax rate?
    What is the residual?
  • croatbagcroatbag Member Posts: 21
    Just wanted to pay it forward and post my results since I used alot of the information from these boards to get there. Here is the lease I signed today at Greenwich dealership.

Capri Blue 2012 GL450
    Cashmere Interior
    P1 package
    Parktronic
    Wood/Leather steering Wheel,
    Lighting Package
    Trailer Hitch
    Running Boards
    Rear Seat Entertainment

MSRP $73,390
    Selling Price $63,000

There was a 4K incentive used, seemed like Winter Event and Conquest are the same thing or are being used interchangeably. And then he was willing to go 2500 or so under invoice.

24 Month/ 10K miles
    .00131 MF
    71% residual

$637/month with taxes included
    $2200 due at signing (doc fee is kind of high for these guys but the deal was so good they wouldn't budget)

Hope this helps someone in there negotiations.
    24 month lease.

Tax is included and my rate is 6.6%

Residual is 71% (actually computes to 70.67, so not sure what happened).
  • abhikuabhiku Member Posts: 124
    Mr Newman,

What are the discount included in $11,500?

What are the discount available for first timer buying MB?

Could you also pls. post your vehicle configuration?

Thanks for advice!

>>>>
    This is what I signed the papers on today:

2012 GL 450

MSRP: $72,775

Sale Price: $61,225 ($11,500 discount, including conquest cash)>>>>
  • sengopalcrickesengopalcricke Member Posts: 23
    edited December 2011
    Mr Newman and Abhiku,
    Thanks for sharing all the info. Would it be possible for you both to share the dealership info. That would help the forum members a lot. Thanks in advance.
    I received the dealership discount and conquest cash ($4,000) because this was my first MB (and I own a Cadillac, BMW and Infiniti). My vehicle did have a few miles on it because the GM's wife had to drive it for about 3 weeks while waiting for her vehicle to come in. They told me that this gave this vehicle "special pricing" -- whatever that means. For a few hundred miles, I'll take the extra $1,000 - $2,000 off of the price.

I don't have the sticker in front of me, but from memory, my vehicle configuration includes the premium package 2, appearance package, pre-wiring, illuminated kit, trailor hitch and blind spot assist. I also received a $170 credit because the passenger side seat did not have memory.

~David
    edited December 2011
    I went through MB of Littleton (CO). The salesperson was not that great, the F&I gal was terrific.

~David
    Hi David,

Just to make sure discount was only $4000 other $6k was with negotiation?

Thanks
    We just talked in terms of the general discount ($11,500) accounting for "all discounts I qualified for". To my knowledge, I only qualified for conquest because I did not have a fleet discount. The other $7,500 was given by the dealership. I still think it was a bit of a steep discount and the only reason they gave was that the GM's wife drove it for "about a month" and so it had a few miles on it.
    Thank you for sharing information!

I'm between X5 and GL450. Going tomorrow for X5 test drive.
  • aeggroupaeggroup Member Posts: 133
    edited December 2011
    Hello.

Has anybody recently bought BlueTec ? What prices people getting for 2012 model at the end of the year ?

Thanks.
  • agolawagolaw Member Posts: 1
    I got a similar deal. MSRP $78,310 with P2 package.2012 GL450. Signed purchase contract for 1.65% financing for 66 months with 0 down for $67,500.
    $62,570.00

Blk/Blk

P2 Package
    $6,330.00

Rear entertainment System
    $1,950.00

Parktronic
    $800.00

Blind Spot Assist
    $600.00

Wood/Leather Steering Wheel $590.00

Lighting Package/Bi Xenon Headlamps $985.00

Appearance Package
    $1,440.00

Trailor Hitch
    $550.00

3 Zone Climate Control
    $1,450.00

Sub Total
    $77,435.00

Destination
    $875.00

Total
    $78,310.00
    Where, which dealer is that?
  • north_star1north_star1 Member Posts: 1
    Just bought a GL350 two days ago. Arctic white with P1 package, blind spot, parktronic, real entertainment, chrome roof rack etc., MSRP 72K, paid 62,800+tax/license. Also bought 7 year / 75K extended warranty for 2,500.
    The funny thing is I traded in my LS430, got 4K more on trade in than what Lexus was willing to give me. I can see why Mercedes is taking back the number one spot from Lexus.
    Yes....that is exactly right. MB gives $4K discount if you own Lexus, BMW or Infinity. That's why you got additional $4k for your trade. Congrats...good deal.
    Can you give me your dealer name and contact person?

Any other discounts you got? Is extended warranty included in 62k price?
    Can you post your dealer info? Thanks for your help
    Guys,
    I was offered this on a lease deal (no mark ups in the lease financial side).
    MSRP 71510 and Selling price 61210.

So if you are buying and if you are paying the advertised 1.9% (not sure what the buy rate is from MBFS may be 0.9% - better informed members can pitch in) you might be able to get a little better discount from MSRP since the dealers make some money in the marked up interest rate.

Some were able to get 12K -13K off MSRP. But I called dealers in the East and West coast. But that is the best deal I found for a lease.

If anyone want a referral or have any other question about lease, please submit a post and I will try to help within the forum rules.
  • fq1fq1 Member Posts: 56
    Yes, please send me the dealer info/referral. Thanks!
    fq1,
    It is in Leikin Mercedes in Cleveland. Ask sales agent DP or New Car sales manager KC. Mention that you are referred by the guy who leased E 350 BT.
    Good luck.
  • car_enthuzedcar_enthuzed Member Posts: 15
    Sengopalcricke, I called Leikin and spoke with DB. I located a GL450 for $71,510 similar to the one you found, but they wouldnt come close to the ~$61 they quoted you - they were pretty firm at $63,265. I would sign for the deal you got but not at $63k. Any advice?
    Thanks!!
  • car_enthuzedcar_enthuzed Member Posts: 15
    After calling and negotiating with multiple dealerships, ended up going with a GL450 24 mo lease at Bethesda MD dealdership. NY dealerships were great but no inventory left. MSRP $70k, neogiated price of $60k with conquest. Monthly payment of $695 w/ taxes.

Buyer beware of Silver Spring, MD Mercedes dealership. I negotiated with their online sales person and reached a deal only to be called by the sales manager who changed the terms and told me to call back when I was serious about buying because they aren't giving away cars. He tried to come in at a competitive price but jack up the money factor and feigned ignorance when I told him that his money factor was waayyy above what was being advertised.
    With conquest you should get 12k bellow msrp.
    Conquest is 4k additional
  • btrentbtrent Member Posts: 12
    Did you put anything down? I have been trying to negotiate with the same dealer in Bethesda, but I have had no success. Would love to chat with you about this.
    Did you do this deal in January or December? I am curious if the December lease MF/residual numbers and discounts have carried over into January, which were set to expire on Jan 3. Please also let us know the name of the salesperson at the Bethesda dealership. Thanks for any help!
  • btrentbtrent Member Posts: 12
    Who did you work with at dealership? Trying to negotiate similar deal. Any tips?
  • azmbazmb Member Posts: 3
    GOOD LUCK! Your fun has just started. I have a whole thread (AZDRIVER) on this site on my 2007 450GL and the myriad of problems that developed (No fires thank god). Brakes (2X), rear hatch, struts, oil leakage from the transmission and engine. And, this car was 100% dealer maintained. What a huge disappointment. Yes, it drove well-but not for the cost of ownership. MB really needs to get back to basics regarding their reliability and maintenance requirements-their reputation is severely tarnished for this product. :mad: :lemon:
  • azmbazmb Member Posts: 3
    Sell it!
  • cobewobbercobewobber Member Posts: 4
    considering the conquest special is now 2k as opposed to 4k is it safe to assume that roughly 10k off of MSRP is what I should be looking for?

I actually live in Bethesda, MD - kind of crazy
    I would shoot for 15k bellow MSRP. The car is going to be redesigned with better fuel economy like the ML. The new model is coming out this summer. Go to a dealer with high inventory.
  • cobewobbercobewobber Member Posts: 4
    edited February 2012
    AB - Is 15K below MSRP realistic with only receiving the conquest incentive? Conquest is 2k as of now...that means 13k more..right now I am not even close to that #..I should probably consider a different dealer..

second question - I am doing research on different dealers and looking up their inventory of GL 450s..every dealer has about 20 GLs...how many would be considered "high inventory"?
    edited February 2012
    Hi
    3 months ago, my cousin in DC got a deal from MB in Alexandria 12k below msrp of 71k. He owns a Porsche 911s.
    A friend got a lease with no down on a ml 350 2012 $550 plus tax. About 9k bellow msrp of 54k. He is an existing MB lease customer.

There are lot of good deals on MB, that is why their sales are up 24% in January and BMW is only 3%. MB is giving good deals.

Anything above 10 cars is high inventory in my opinion. They have to clear them before the summer to make room for the new GL 2013.
    I think 10-12k bellow msrp is average, but the closer you get to summer the more you can get. The have to move them and MB will give them bigger kick backs to move the cars.
    Have you considered the $650 per month lease option, I would consider that with no down.
  • novuswsrnovuswsr Member Posts: 8
    why do people post these misleading numbers? There is a 7% markup on Mercedes products and currently there is $2000 conquest incentives available to owners of specific manufacturer's. Therefore invoice on a $71,000 GL is somewhere around $66,000 (Edmunds can verify). with the conquest cash you may get up to $7000 off which equates to a $0 commision for your salesperson. Dealers do need to make some $$$. Try telling a DR you want to negotiate your fee for healthcare.......
    Your cousin is exaggerating, it is not possible to have a dealer pay you to take a vehicle
    $15K off sticker is simply not possible Mercedes has a 7% markup, do the math
    $6400 off is a GREAT deal
    why do people post these misleading numbers? There is a 7% markup on Mercedes products and currently there is $2000 conquest incentives available to owners of specific manufacturer's. Therefore invoice on a $71,000 GL is somewhere around $66,000 (Edmunds can verify). with the conquest cash you may get up to $7000 off which equates to a $0 commision for your salesperson. Dealers do need to make some $$$. Try telling a DR you want to negotiate your fee for healthcare.......
    Obviously you a have a conflect of interest. No one is fool enough to believe that invoice is the true dealer cost, otherwise they will all be out of business if the profit is 7% only. There is no business can operate with full sale staff and marketing on a 7% margin, I am a business owner myself. Members of this community are very savvy consumers and you should try these tricks somewhere else.
    Also you can get ml350 2012 for $545 per month plus TTL with no down.
    There are many businesses that operate at a margin much less than 7%, Walmart is at 3.51% and I do believe they are somewhat successfull. Apparently your margins as a business owner are way out of line, taking advantage of the buying public. How much do you negotiate on your pricing? What do you assume to be true dealer cost, what do you feel is a fair $ amount to be made by dealers? It is not a matter of being a savvy consumer, working dealers against each other to save money, a knowlegable consumer is what you should strive to be. Posts of saving $10,000 off MSRP have caused me nothing but grief in my search for a new GL as it has others as I see many posts that folks just cant find that pricing!
    If your IQ tells you, that dealer invoice is true cost and margin is 7% on an end of model year car then pay full MSRP or if you get 4k off, you should be happy, and do not waist your time on this forum.

If you think little you will know that invoice is just a marketing ploy to play with numbers and 7% does not even cover sales people salaries for a month, dealer sale about 20-30 cars a month if lucky. So do the math and it will not add up to 7%. Also dealers will not tell you about the kick backs from MB. So pay the MSRP. :)

Also if you know little about product economics, MB dealer's is local luxury product business model, like jewelry no Walmart who sales in billions low cost products

And if you are MB salesman, please do not reply to my post.
    Replies that have a basis in anger and poor grammar lead me to discount your opinions. I have every right to communicate via this forum, and no I am not a Mercedes salesman, I have however been trying to help my mother purchase a new GL and posts such as yours lead to futile and fruitless attempts to strong arm my way to a $10,000 discount.
    Your previous post stated "no business can operate on a 7% margin"; I simply supplied you with a business model that does operate at half of that margin. Now you qualify your statement in a vain attempt to hide from your previous statement. Perhaps use some of your savings for a remedial English class?
    edited March 2012
    Lexus is selling their 2011 LX SUV MSRP 90K for 76K in the DC area. The model is being refreshed with some bumper changes. That is 14K bellow MSRP. Just got a text about it. I would rather buy the Lexus if my budget is close to 70K.

Go ahead and buy the GL 2012 for MSRP minus 5K. The car will be completely redesigned this summer and feel good about helping the MB dealer pay nice bonus to their Sales folks after getting the kick back from MB for selling end of life Model.

Keep in mind that you will get a great deal, if dealer has lots of inventory and if you are patient, not emotional and have to buy the car the first visit to dealer. They will always call you back if you walk out.

Thanks for the grammar comments, I usually reply from my iPhone, but I promise you I will do a better job in the future.

By the way I still believe you have a conflict of interest with buyers on this forum.
  • funcars2funcars2 Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2012
    Working on a fair deal for a CPO 09 GL450.

about 6 mos remaining on orig mfg warranty
    43k miles
    P1 package w/Keyless Go & Rear Seat Entertainment
    No running boards
    Dealer has had the car for sale for 5.5 months!!

Dealer is indicating that they invested ~3k in the CPO process and are looking for $44k (the amount that they claim to "own" the vehicle for.

What do you think of this deal? What would be a fair price for this car in your opinion? Thanks!
    That dealer could invest $10K in that car - who cares. $41k-$42 is okay price, but rising gas prices can lower it even more. Good Luck.