Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Mercedes Benz GL-Class Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Congratulations on the new baby, kirsten308333. Since you are new to leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles on the subject that are available here at Edmunds.com: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

In short, the easiest way to get a good deal on a leased vehicle is to shop around for the lowest possible selling price and then have the dealer that you decide to go with calculate your vehicle's monthly payment using its buy rate lease money factor.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • tsftsf Member Posts: 1
    Thanks for all the info, Car_man!

Could you update us with the July lease terms (RV & MF) for 24 month/30month with 10K annual miles?

Also, as GL450 may have special lease rate for the moment, could we still apply the Single-Payment discount to it? If so, how much difference?

I guess we could not apply the MSD on top of it, could we?
  • vittyvitty Member Posts: 8
    Hi Car_man,
    Great work keeping everyone informed on lease rates!

Could I get current residuals and money factor for a 2012 GL350? Looking at 36 month lease 15k miles per year. If you could give me those rates along with a variety of other lease options that would be great as well.
    Thanks!
    No problem tsf. Mercedes-Benz Financial's July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2012 GL450 with 10,000 miles per year are .00140 and 71%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 30-month lease are .00140 and 62%.

I don't believe that you can use MSDs on special lease money factors. I've heard that the one pay money factor reduction is .00110, but I'm not sure if it is available on special money factors.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks vitty. Mercedes-Benz Financial's July residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 GL350 with 15,000 miles per year is 58%. Mercedes is not currently providing any lease rate support on this model. As a result, if you were to lease one through Mercedes-Benz Financial you would have to use its standard lease money factors. I'm not sure exactly what that is right now, but it's probably around .00210 or slightly better.

Car_man
    Host
  • llngoc2llngoc2 Member Posts: 15
    I am aware of the GL450 special lease program from MB Financial for the 24 month lease with 71% residual and 0.0014 MF and I made sure that the dealers who I am dealing with are aware of it.

However, one of the dealers is quoting me 0.0019 MF and $1095 acquisition fee as he states that it is customary for the dealer to charge half point mark up on the lease rate and $300 for the acq fee. This definitely sounds fishy to me, but can it be true?
  • dkrimgolddkrimgold Member Posts: 24
    No, it's not true. You can get a straight up MF and residual, as well as the acq. fee from the dealer. You can also reduce the MF via autopay and security deposits.

The dealers should make enough on the back end. Find another dealer or bargain this down. Better yet, fax a form letter to all the dealership sales managers in the area and see who comes back with the lowest quote. This is your money - make it count.

Lastly - I hear "one pay" really works well if you can afford it.
    So I guess the dealer is trying to maximize his profit then and I should walk on this deal.
  • insidecarbuyinsidecarbuy Member Posts: 95
    Just helped my friend get this deal.

MSRP - $71,880
    Conquest - $4,000
    Negotiated the rest down to -
    Selling price - $60,081

24 month lease with 12,000 miles per year.
    Money Factor with auto pay .00130
    Residual for 12k miles - 70%

Total out of pocket $2,581.27
    Bank fee- $795
    Transfer plates $100
    Doc fee - $75
    NYS Inspection $10
    NYS Tire Fee $12.50
    Taxes - (7.375%) $1,038.37
    1st month payment - $550.40

Month payment $550.40

Needless to say my friend was very happy!
  • insidecarbuyinsidecarbuy Member Posts: 95
    One pay option drops money factor by .00080 - So the .00140 becomes to .00060 for a 24 month term. Was exploring that option earlier today!
  • tlecotleco Member Posts: 34
    Ok 24 months $550 or a about $1300 plus out of pocket $2500 or total payment
    Of $15500
    70% residual of $70k is $49000
    I am wondering who is paying the different
    If you can walk out with $950 payment here in Texas you are lucky
  • gunssgunss Member Posts: 7
    insidercarbuy,

Great deal indeed! Where in New York did this take place? I live in Rockland County, 10901 zip code.

Please advise if you can. Thanks!
    I got my local dealer to come down to this for a 2012 GL450 for a 12k/year 24 months lease:

MSRP: $72005
    Net Cap cost: $59350 (After $12655 off MSRP)
    Money factor: 0.00140
    Residual value: $50403 (70% residual)

Acquisition fee: $1095 ($300 markup here)
    Deposition fee: $595

How realistic it will be for me to negotiate the buyback price down at the end of the lease? My intention is actually to purchase the car at the end.

BTW, the exact car we want is on transit but the dealer wants us to complete lease paperwork today and have it submitted next Tuesday when the car arrives. Does anyone see any issue with it?
  • tlecotleco Member Posts: 34
    Residual is HIGHER so you monthly payment is LOWER.
    If you want LOWER residual so you can buy back then your monthly payment will be higher. You got $12000 off and still want lower payment and lower buy back... What else do you want? Free service for life? free tires and brakes???
    may as well ask them while you are at it
    Thanks for information.
  • skinsoskinso Member Posts: 8
    Hi everyone, just picked up the last GL450 in one of the SoCal Dealership with all the extra options below:

-3-Zone Automatic Climate Control -Inc: Rear Air Conditioning

-Accessory Chrome Pkg -Inc: (4) Chrome Door Handle Inserts Hood Fin Covers Chrome Mirror Housings

-Accessory Rear Seat Entertainment System

-Blind Spot Assist

-Class Iv Trailer Hitch -Inc: 7500Lbs Towing Capacity

-Gl Appearance Pkg -Inc: 20" X 8.5" Twin 5-Spoke Aluminum Wheels P275/50R20 All-Season Run-Flat Tires Brushed Aluminum Rubber-Studded Running Boards

-Lighting Pkg -Inc: Headlamp Cleaning System Bi-Xenon Headlamps W/Active Curve
    Illumination

-Parktronic

-Premium 2 Pkg -Inc: Auto-Dimming Rearview Mirror Comand Hard Drive Navigation System Ipod/Mp3 Media Interface W/Cable Pwr Front Seats W/Memory Pwr Folding Exterior Mirrors W/Memory Auto-Dimming Driver Side Exterior Mirror Pwr Liftgate Pwr Tilt/Telescopic Steering Column W/Memory Rearview Camera Sirius Satellite Radio W/Hd Radio 115V Pwr Outlet Harman Kardon Logic7 Surround Sound System W/Dolby Digital 5.1 Keyless Go
    -Rear Seat Entertainment System Prep

-Side Running Board Illumination Kit

-Wood & Leather-Wrapped Multi-Function Steering Wheel

MSRP is $79185, got a 10k discount on sale price, and paid $2,500 drive off including first month payment. monthly payment is $750, 8.75% sales tax included. 10k miles per year.
    The dealer marker up the money factor by 0.0001 from 0.0014 to 0.0015. residual is 71%.

Is that a good deal?
  • rx5zigenrx5zigen Member Posts: 9
    Great deal! Which dealer and where?
    I am from Northern CA, Dublin area.
    So this is my final deal and the car is on the driveway!!!

The car:
    2012 GL450
    P1
    Appearance package
    Parktronic
    Blind spot assist
    Pre-wire for rear entertainment system
    Tow hook

MSRP: $72005
    Net Cap cost: $61144 (After $12655 off MSRP plus $1095 acq fee and $699 for 2 year maintance)
    Money factor: 0.00140
    Residual value: $50892 (70% residual)
    (Somehow the 2 years was charged at $699 and the residual is raised so the net cost of the maintenance is $250 to me)

This is a 24 months with 12k per year.

I ended up with a minimal cost driveoff at $1214 with $635 monthly payment. (including $51 of sales tax) I think I got a decent deal and am happy with it.
  • sengopalcrickesengopalcricke Member Posts: 23
    Congrats on the great deal. If you dont mind, can you please share the dealership and the initials of Client adviser. I have done this before without compromising the forum rules.
    Thanks
    This is Pleasanton MBZ and I used the internet sales quote service. But the deal worked because of the conquest credit (expiring on 7/31?)
  • lex13lex13 Member Posts: 12
    I used this deal as a play against the dealer. My MSRP was 75k, I got about 13.5k off and 71% residual for 10k miles. Thanks for the help appreciated. I got it at Fletcher Jones in Newport Beach.
    This is an awesome deal. I wonder if SoCal should be getting better pricing as I was able to get much better price from a SoCal dealer for my 911 last year. But the same dealer who also has a MBZ franchise would not give me more than $10k in discount when I tried to deal again so I ended up dealing locally. What is the MF you got?
  • mjf415mjf415 Member Posts: 13
    Picking are getting slim in the greater NY area for 2012 GL450s. It was hard to find any color other than black in my area and just about everything is loaded to the gills. I leased a palladium silver w/ P1 and a few other options yesterday. MSRP was $72,600; paid $62,300 including the 2 year maintenance. The bank fee is $795. Total payment on a single pay lease is $15,350. This forum was really helpful and cut down on back and forth of negotiating. The whole process took about an hour.
  • rocky725rocky725 Member Posts: 30
    Great deal! Please post dealer name if you don't mind or send a private msg. Thanks.
  • gp56gp56 Member Posts: 2
    Just leased a GL450 with an MSRP of $76,325, 24 months, $2800 at signing for first payment, tax and bank fee, $640/month on LI. This is a 7500 mile per year lease. In addition, they waived the last 4 months of current 2010 ML lease. Seemed like a good deal, especially since this is what I was paying for the ML per month and it had an MSRP that was 20K less.
  • 123ml123ml Member Posts: 5
    That payment seems way over what the others are paying on this site for the GL 450. The miles are not correct for the current program. Does anyone know if MB is giving dealer cash? Seems that dealers still have a good amount of inventory and the new model is due out soon
  • vchadvchad Member Posts: 97
    hey guys,

To tell the truth, we had too many cars, really didn't even need this GL450, but I could not pass up on this deal. When i noticed the residual was 71%, I called around a few dealers to get a guage of the discounts being offered. I got a range of 7k to 11k off. Which I was ok with, but i called around from my state(Michigan) to D.C. Market.......and lastly chicago.

The d.c. market, i had people hang up on me, when I asked for $14k off msrp. BUT......i actually had a store manager call me back, offering $15,000 off, if i took their black bluetec(anyone interested call MB, i forgot if its alexandria or chantilly...the manager is an asian guy, has acccent, very direct, no games with him).

My local dealer and I had been going back and forth.....i basically told them i'll take any car on their lot, just looking to lease and return in 24months. They called saying they had a demo with under 2k miles, so they offered it for 14k off. I did a ONE time pay.........with 795 aq fee....200doc fee.....and 6% sales tax(we only pay tax on monthly portion).....ended up being $10,280!!! That also includes 2yr maintenance. I was super happy with the deal. I was offered $12,500 off by 3 dealers, so you guys should aim for that at a minimum. My car stickered for $71,540. black on black. (as a side note....the sound system is not impressive for a suv of this price)

As for the chicago dealers.....every one of them acted like they were doing me a favor by selling for $3k off msrp. The chicago market is full of people who overpay, and these dealers have gotten gready. But i guess if you can get away with it.......why not.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,760
    Wow... nice job!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• christiandschristiands Member Posts: 36
    Hi Carman,
    What are the money factor and residual for August? I assume 24 mo is the best. And can you post both GL350 and GL450 info (money/residual) and any cash you know of (loyalty, conquest, dealer cash)? Thanks.
  • lex13lex13 Member Posts: 12
    I got a .00140 MF. Interesting side note - my neighbor went back 2 days later to try and get the same deal and got the run around. I was flexible on color and options.
    I wonder if the $4000 conquest bonus had expired on 7/31? Two separate dealers told me that it was meant to expire at the end of July and I wonder if MBZ did not extend it.
  • mersadkmersadk Member Posts: 6
    Carman ,
    Can you please post August residual and money factor
    for 2012 GL350 Bluetec for a 12k/year 24 months lease.

thanks.
  • gunssgunss Member Posts: 7
    Pricing Details for 2012 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class GL450 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (4.7L 8cyl 7A)

Base Price: $62,570
    Burl Walnut
    Trailer hitch $550
    Pre-Wiring Rear Seat $170
    Destination $875

Total Price $64,165

What would be a good price to pay for this 2012 GL 450. No P1 package, so no installed navigation.

Location, on Long Island, NY

Thank you!
    Hi christiands. Mercedes-Benz Financial's August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2012 GL450 with 15,000 miles per year are .00140 and 68%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Mercedes is not currently providing any lease support on the GL350, so if you were to lease one through MB Finance you would have to use its standard lease money factor and a residual value of 67%.

As far as cash incentives go, there is $2,000 conquest cash and $5,000 CAP cash on the GL450 and $2,000 / $4,000 on the GL 350.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi llngoc2. the conquest cash on the '12 GL dropped to $2,000 in August.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi mersadk. I just posted them in message #506. Please check there. Thanks.

Car_man
    Host
  • e325rkhe325rkh Member Posts: 71
    Hello, Car_man. Do you know what the residual would be for a 2012 GL450 24 month lease with only 7,500 miles per year? I know you indicated that it is 68% for 15K miles.

Also, you listed the money factor as .00140 - do you know if that drops to .00130 with autopay?

Thank you for your help.
  • devilsadvct33devilsadvct33 Member Posts: 117
    Hi car man,

Do you have the residual and money factor for a 24 month lease on a GL450 with 12k miles per year? Thanks.
  • lsr2k12lsr2k12 Member Posts: 16
    Car_man,

What is this CAP cash incentive? Does it exist on any other Mercedes-Benz vehicles this month?

Thanks.
  • dtumbadtumba Member Posts: 3
    edited August 2012
    Hi everyone,

I'm looking at leasing a 2013 GL450. Most of the lease deals I've seen on this thread are for 24months @ 12k miles per year. I'd like to lease for 36months with lower mileage. I drive 7-8k miles per year, so 10k would be the most I would need.

Car Man or someone, can you let me know what MF and residual value is on this deal?

Also, I would very much appreciate feedback on whether 36m lease with 10k miles is a good or bad idea, and why. Is there more "value" in other structures that I should look at?

Thank you in advance
  • ct1417ct1417 Member Posts: 2
    I can lease a 2012 550 for 10K miles/year for 24 months for a one-time payment of $20,500. This includes approximately $1800 of 'closing costs' (conveyance fee, acquisition fee and DMV). Backing out these fixed costs, the resulting monthly 'payment' including sales tax would be $775. Pardon my terminology, but I do not understand the money factor calculation so I am just looking at cash out of pocket.

I do not need all of the gadgets that are on the 550, but I seem to have left it too late to acquire a 450 without going out of area to buy one. (Not impossible as I live in the NY metro area and there are many dealers.) I have seen on this site what appear to be some fantastic prices for 450 leases, but no one has mentioned the 550. The dealer is offering $15K off the $87K sticker price and that strikes me as inadequate compared to the $14K off the 450 that I have seen quoted here.

Is it realistic to think that the discount off the 550 would be greater than off the 450? I am guessing that the gadgets loaded onto the 550 must have a higher margin than the 450. As anyone reading this can surmise, I know very little about buying cars as I tend to keep them for a very long time after purchasing in cash. I am only considering leasing as I have never owned a MB and want to see what I think of it before owning outright.

This brings me to my original subject line: the 2013 450. Is there any way to speculate a monthly lease payment for a 2013 450 with P1? The residual offered on the 2012 550 really helps to lower the monthly cost, but I still sense there should be a greater reduction off sticker. Has anyone purchased or leased a 550 this summer AND/OR have any idea about a lease price for the new 450? Thanks!
  • e325rkhe325rkh Member Posts: 71
    Thank you for all of the great information I have received over the years. I was able to lease a brand new 2012 GL550 last week in Dakota Brown. Here are the specs:

GL550 with illuminated door sills, rear seat entertainment, illumination kit for side running boards, heated windshield washer reservoir, Savanna/Cashmere Exclusive leather (leather wrapping the dash, door panels and plusher seats/headrests), special order charge.

MSRP: $91,180 (including destination)
    Final Selling Price: $76,524
    Monthly payment: $865 (includes NYS taxes of 8.625%)
    Total out of pocket: $2,000 (includes 1st payment, acquisition fee, DMV fees)
    Term: 24 months / 7,500 miles per year
    Money Factor: 0.00130 (with autopay)
    Residual: 67%

FYI for ct1417, one pay would have been about $19,000. I am in the NY area and there is not a lot of inventory for the GL450's that I was originally seeking, and even less GL550's. NJ dealers had more inventory, thus were willing to deal.

I did get a deal for a vehicle with a similar MSRP (different options) for about the same payment, however, really liked the different leather and new color.

I starrted out looking for a 2010 GL450, then a new GL450, then a new 2012 GL550 vs. 2013 GL450. The look of the new GL450 is very similar to the GL550 (note that the 2012 GL550 has a different front end and wider wheel flares than a 2012 GL450 - the 2013's pick up the styling cues). It was also personal taste, I prefer the straight bottom side window sills to the one that curves down on the 2013's.

I hope this helps.
  • ct1417ct1417 Member Posts: 2
    Thank you e325rkh. Yes, this does help. While not comparing identical cars, it seems as though the price I am being offered is similar to what you paid. Your car has a higher MSRP, but I don't know if the destination charge is included in the price of mine. (Perhaps that is what a conveyance fee is???) I don't see mention of heated windshield fluid or upgraded leather on my car. I know the car does not have the rear entertainment and I don't want that as my children are beyond the age of watching videos.

The monthly price I was quoted if I didn't use the one-pay option was $885 including sales tax. The monthly difference between 7500 and 10K miles/year is $40, so my $885 would drop to $845 if I took a 7500 mile lease. The $20 difference between my $845 and your $865 can be attributed to the difference between CT & NY sales tax rates.

The more that I look at this, I realize that you did get a better deal as your out-of-pocket cost is lower ($1135 vs my $1780--I excluded your first month payment here as I didn't put it in my closing cost calculation) and you also have a car with an additional $4000 worth of options (even if I don't want some of those options, you nonetheless have gotten them for the same monthly lease price I have been quoted).

Thanks again for the detailed info and for the comment about the window design. I feared that the new GLs would have the sloping back of the M class, but the GLs seem to have retained the more squared-off look that I like. So, the front ends of both 2013 models, 450 & 550, look more like the 2012 550 front end, but the back has retained the squared-off look of the current bodies instead of moving to the sloped back of the M class? Do I have that correct?

Thanks again!
    GL 350 2012 lease 24 months 12K

Msrp 69780.00

56,430.00 selling price
    597.00 a month
    1962.00 drive off
    Mantiance included
    Full detailing included at service
    I could not pass up this deal I owned 2 ML's and loved them. Bluetec is the way to go!
  • devilsadvct33devilsadvct33 Member Posts: 117
    Would you mind letting me know the dealership you got this? That is a great price.
    The dealer is in Nanuet NY MB. Great people. The salesman name is Joe his desk is to he left of front door in the corner. Good luck!
  • sm1982sm1982 Member Posts: 3
    What dealership did you end up getting your deal for the one pay at?
    Hey e325rkh. Through September 4th, Mercedes-Benz Financial's buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2012 GL450 with 7,500 miles per year would be .00140 and 72%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Autopay may indeed drop this money factor slightly.

Car_man
    Host
    Through September 4th, Mercedes-Benz Financial's buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2012 GL450 with 12,000 miles per year would be .00140 and 70%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.