Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Mercedes Benz GL-Class Lease Questions

Comments

• lex13lex13 Posts: 12
    I got a .00140 MF. Interesting side note - my neighbor went back 2 days later to try and get the same deal and got the run around. I was flexible on color and options.
  • llngoc2llngoc2 Posts: 15
    I wonder if the $4000 conquest bonus had expired on 7/31? Two separate dealers told me that it was meant to expire at the end of July and I wonder if MBZ did not extend it.
  • mersadkmersadk Posts: 6
    Carman ,
    Can you please post August residual and money factor
    for 2012 GL350 Bluetec for a 12k/year 24 months lease.

thanks.
  • gunssgunss Posts: 7
    Pricing Details for 2012 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class GL450 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (4.7L 8cyl 7A)

Base Price: $62,570
    Burl Walnut
    Trailer hitch $550
    Pre-Wiring Rear Seat $170
    Destination $875

Total Price $64,165

What would be a good price to pay for this 2012 GL 450. No P1 package, so no installed navigation.

Location, on Long Island, NY

Thank you!
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hi christiands. Mercedes-Benz Financial's August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2012 GL450 with 15,000 miles per year are .00140 and 68%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Mercedes is not currently providing any lease support on the GL350, so if you were to lease one through MB Finance you would have to use its standard lease money factor and a residual value of 67%.

As far as cash incentives go, there is $2,000 conquest cash and $5,000 CAP cash on the GL450 and $2,000 / $4,000 on the GL 350.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi llngoc2. the conquest cash on the '12 GL dropped to $2,000 in August.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi mersadk. I just posted them in message #506. Please check there. Thanks.

Car_man
    Host
  • e325rkhe325rkh Posts: 54
    Hello, Car_man. Do you know what the residual would be for a 2012 GL450 24 month lease with only 7,500 miles per year? I know you indicated that it is 68% for 15K miles.

Also, you listed the money factor as .00140 - do you know if that drops to .00130 with autopay?

Thank you for your help.
  • Hi car man,

Do you have the residual and money factor for a 24 month lease on a GL450 with 12k miles per year? Thanks.
  • lsr2k12lsr2k12 Posts: 16
    Car_man,

What is this CAP cash incentive? Does it exist on any other Mercedes-Benz vehicles this month?

Thanks.
  • dtumbadtumba Posts: 3
    edited August 2012
    Hi everyone,

I'm looking at leasing a 2013 GL450. Most of the lease deals I've seen on this thread are for 24months @ 12k miles per year. I'd like to lease for 36months with lower mileage. I drive 7-8k miles per year, so 10k would be the most I would need.

Car Man or someone, can you let me know what MF and residual value is on this deal?

Also, I would very much appreciate feedback on whether 36m lease with 10k miles is a good or bad idea, and why. Is there more "value" in other structures that I should look at?

Thank you in advance
  • ct1417ct1417 Posts: 2
    I can lease a 2012 550 for 10K miles/year for 24 months for a one-time payment of $20,500. This includes approximately $1800 of 'closing costs' (conveyance fee, acquisition fee and DMV). Backing out these fixed costs, the resulting monthly 'payment' including sales tax would be $775. Pardon my terminology, but I do not understand the money factor calculation so I am just looking at cash out of pocket.

I do not need all of the gadgets that are on the 550, but I seem to have left it too late to acquire a 450 without going out of area to buy one. (Not impossible as I live in the NY metro area and there are many dealers.) I have seen on this site what appear to be some fantastic prices for 450 leases, but no one has mentioned the 550. The dealer is offering $15K off the $87K sticker price and that strikes me as inadequate compared to the $14K off the 450 that I have seen quoted here.

Is it realistic to think that the discount off the 550 would be greater than off the 450? I am guessing that the gadgets loaded onto the 550 must have a higher margin than the 450. As anyone reading this can surmise, I know very little about buying cars as I tend to keep them for a very long time after purchasing in cash. I am only considering leasing as I have never owned a MB and want to see what I think of it before owning outright.

This brings me to my original subject line: the 2013 450. Is there any way to speculate a monthly lease payment for a 2013 450 with P1? The residual offered on the 2012 550 really helps to lower the monthly cost, but I still sense there should be a greater reduction off sticker. Has anyone purchased or leased a 550 this summer AND/OR have any idea about a lease price for the new 450? Thanks!
  • e325rkhe325rkh Posts: 54
    Thank you for all of the great information I have received over the years. I was able to lease a brand new 2012 GL550 last week in Dakota Brown. Here are the specs:

GL550 with illuminated door sills, rear seat entertainment, illumination kit for side running boards, heated windshield washer reservoir, Savanna/Cashmere Exclusive leather (leather wrapping the dash, door panels and plusher seats/headrests), special order charge.

MSRP: $91,180 (including destination)
    Final Selling Price: $76,524
    Monthly payment: $865 (includes NYS taxes of 8.625%)
    Total out of pocket: $2,000 (includes 1st payment, acquisition fee, DMV fees)
    Term: 24 months / 7,500 miles per year
    Money Factor: 0.00130 (with autopay)
    Residual: 67%

FYI for ct1417, one pay would have been about $19,000. I am in the NY area and there is not a lot of inventory for the GL450's that I was originally seeking, and even less GL550's. NJ dealers had more inventory, thus were willing to deal.

I did get a deal for a vehicle with a similar MSRP (different options) for about the same payment, however, really liked the different leather and new color.

I starrted out looking for a 2010 GL450, then a new GL450, then a new 2012 GL550 vs. 2013 GL450. The look of the new GL450 is very similar to the GL550 (note that the 2012 GL550 has a different front end and wider wheel flares than a 2012 GL450 - the 2013's pick up the styling cues). It was also personal taste, I prefer the straight bottom side window sills to the one that curves down on the 2013's.

I hope this helps.
  • ct1417ct1417 Posts: 2
    Thank you e325rkh. Yes, this does help. While not comparing identical cars, it seems as though the price I am being offered is similar to what you paid. Your car has a higher MSRP, but I don't know if the destination charge is included in the price of mine. (Perhaps that is what a conveyance fee is???) I don't see mention of heated windshield fluid or upgraded leather on my car. I know the car does not have the rear entertainment and I don't want that as my children are beyond the age of watching videos.

The monthly price I was quoted if I didn't use the one-pay option was $885 including sales tax. The monthly difference between 7500 and 10K miles/year is $40, so my $885 would drop to $845 if I took a 7500 mile lease. The $20 difference between my $845 and your $865 can be attributed to the difference between CT & NY sales tax rates.

The more that I look at this, I realize that you did get a better deal as your out-of-pocket cost is lower ($1135 vs my $1780--I excluded your first month payment here as I didn't put it in my closing cost calculation) and you also have a car with an additional $4000 worth of options (even if I don't want some of those options, you nonetheless have gotten them for the same monthly lease price I have been quoted).

Thanks again for the detailed info and for the comment about the window design. I feared that the new GLs would have the sloping back of the M class, but the GLs seem to have retained the more squared-off look that I like. So, the front ends of both 2013 models, 450 & 550, look more like the 2012 550 front end, but the back has retained the squared-off look of the current bodies instead of moving to the sloped back of the M class? Do I have that correct?

Thanks again!
  • 123ml123ml Posts: 5
    GL 350 2012 lease 24 months 12K

Msrp 69780.00

56,430.00 selling price
    597.00 a month
    1962.00 drive off
    Mantiance included
    Full detailing included at service
    I could not pass up this deal I owned 2 ML's and loved them. Bluetec is the way to go!
  • Would you mind letting me know the dealership you got this? That is a great price.
  • The dealer is in Nanuet NY MB. Great people. The salesman name is Joe his desk is to he left of front door in the corner. Good luck!
  • What dealership did you end up getting your deal for the one pay at?
  • Hey e325rkh. Through September 4th, Mercedes-Benz Financial's buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2012 GL450 with 7,500 miles per year would be .00140 and 72%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Autopay may indeed drop this money factor slightly.

Car_man
    Host
  • Through September 4th, Mercedes-Benz Financial's buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2012 GL450 with 12,000 miles per year would be .00140 and 70%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi lsr2k12. CAP stands for Customer Advocacy Program. This program provides Mercedes-Benz dealers with a set number of dealer cash certificates that they can apply to deals. It is usually available on many Mercedes vehicles. What vehicle are you interested in? It is five grand on the 2012 GL 450 right now.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi dtumba. Through September 4th, Mercedes-Benz Financial's buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 GL450 with 10,000 miles per year are .00140 and 58%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

I haven't seen any information on leasing a 2013 GL yet, but perhaps I'll come across some when Mercedes publishes its new September incentives later this week.

Car_man
    Host
  • car man,

What is the money factor and residual info for a 2012 GL 350 with 10K or 12k miles and for 24 or 36 months. Also, what are the CAP or other incentives if any. Thanks
  • lsr2k12lsr2k12 Posts: 16
    edited September 2012
    Car_man,

I think I have heard about that program. Does it provide a moneyfactor reductions as well?

I am interested in the CAP incentive on the E-350 gas and Blu-tec

Thanks.
  • You are welcome. As for the 2013 450/550, it does retain a similar front end to the 2012 550, however, it DOES move to a more sloped rear, especially around the windows. Both look good to me, however, I prefer the widebody, square shape of the 2012.

As for the options, the leather, heated windshield washer reservoir were special order items (which comes with a special order charge). I was happy to have these - first time I saw a completely leather wrapped dash in a GL (similar to Designo leather in the S-class). As for the rear entertainment, I have kids and that is the only thing they care about in the truck. I do love it so far.">
  • I have received the following lease information for the 2013 GL450 that will arrive in showrooms next week. Can anyone confirm these numbers?

Money factor: .0016
    24month lease residuals - 72% and 73% for 12k and 10k miles, respectively
    36 month lease residuals - 63% and 64% for 12k and 10k miles, respectively

Looking over the info on the MBUSA website, it looks like it will be a significant improvement over the 2012s.
  • That would make it a terrific deal! Wonder what type of discount one can have with those factors.
  • Hi jrod13. Mercedes-Benz Financial's September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2012 GL 350 with 12,000 miles per year are .00160 and 67, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36-month lease are .00160 and 59%.

The only cash incentive that I am aware of on this truck right now is the CAP certificates, which is $4,000 on the '12 GL350 right now.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi lsr2k12. I don't believe that it provides a different money factor or residual value, but it should provide anyone who uses it with a low selling price in addition to the extra cash off.

The CAP Certificate allowance on 2012 E-Class Sedans is currently $2,250.

Car_man
    Host
  • I see some of you are being offered GL550s at $15k off.

There's a $86.5k GL550 at my local dealer that is a demo with 5,000 miles.

How much do you think I should try to get off on this car? The 13 GLs were hitting the lot today when I was there. So this is a 12, PLUS it's a demo, it appears that there should be an amazing deal somewhere in there.

Any help, please?
This discussion has been closed.