Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Mercedes Benz GL-Class Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi lsr2k12. CAP stands for Customer Advocacy Program. This program provides Mercedes-Benz dealers with a set number of dealer cash certificates that they can apply to deals. It is usually available on many Mercedes vehicles. What vehicle are you interested in? It is five grand on the 2012 GL 450 right now.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi dtumba. Through September 4th, Mercedes-Benz Financial's buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 GL450 with 10,000 miles per year are .00140 and 58%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

I haven't seen any information on leasing a 2013 GL yet, but perhaps I'll come across some when Mercedes publishes its new September incentives later this week.

Car_man
    Host
  • jrod13jrod13 Member Posts: 38
    car man,

What is the money factor and residual info for a 2012 GL 350 with 10K or 12k miles and for 24 or 36 months. Also, what are the CAP or other incentives if any. Thanks
  • lsr2k12lsr2k12 Member Posts: 16
    edited September 2012
    Car_man,

I think I have heard about that program. Does it provide a moneyfactor reductions as well?

I am interested in the CAP incentive on the E-350 gas and Blu-tec

Thanks.
  • e325rkhe325rkh Member Posts: 71
    You are welcome. As for the 2013 450/550, it does retain a similar front end to the 2012 550, however, it DOES move to a more sloped rear, especially around the windows. Both look good to me, however, I prefer the widebody, square shape of the 2012.

As for the options, the leather, heated windshield washer reservoir were special order items (which comes with a special order charge). I was happy to have these - first time I saw a completely leather wrapped dash in a GL (similar to Designo leather in the S-class). As for the rear entertainment, I have kids and that is the only thing they care about in the truck. I do love it so far.">
  • carlovincarlovin Member Posts: 8
    I have received the following lease information for the 2013 GL450 that will arrive in showrooms next week. Can anyone confirm these numbers?

Money factor: .0016
    24month lease residuals - 72% and 73% for 12k and 10k miles, respectively
    36 month lease residuals - 63% and 64% for 12k and 10k miles, respectively

Looking over the info on the MBUSA website, it looks like it will be a significant improvement over the 2012s.
  • dkrimgolddkrimgold Member Posts: 24
    That would make it a terrific deal! Wonder what type of discount one can have with those factors.
    Hi jrod13. Mercedes-Benz Financial's September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2012 GL 350 with 12,000 miles per year are .00160 and 67, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36-month lease are .00160 and 59%.

The only cash incentive that I am aware of on this truck right now is the CAP certificates, which is $4,000 on the '12 GL350 right now.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi lsr2k12. I don't believe that it provides a different money factor or residual value, but it should provide anyone who uses it with a low selling price in addition to the extra cash off.

The CAP Certificate allowance on 2012 E-Class Sedans is currently $2,250.

Car_man
    Host
  • idreamofbenzidreamofbenz Member Posts: 9
    I see some of you are being offered GL550s at $15k off.

There's a $86.5k GL550 at my local dealer that is a demo with 5,000 miles.

How much do you think I should try to get off on this car? The 13 GLs were hitting the lot today when I was there. So this is a 12, PLUS it's a demo, it appears that there should be an amazing deal somewhere in there.

Any help, please?
  • irishladdyirishladdy Member Posts: 19
    Hi,

I can confirm the following:

September programs from Mercedes, the residual value on a 2013 GL 450 is 73% for 10k miles and 72% for 12k miles for a 24 month lease. The buy rate on a GL 450 lease is .00160, with autopay they could offer a rate of .00150.

However, I ave heard there is no money (CAP) on the 2013 GL 450 or 550's. I was told the "best" price they could offer was a 5% discount. I was also told there is only a 7% mark up between invoice and MSRP.

If this is accurate, it would see that dealers were taking a bath giving up to $15k+ plus discounts on the 2012 GL 450 & GL 550 even with the $5k of CAP.

Can anyone share any insight here on discounts or their "best" discount off MSRP? Also, are there any trends we can look at when heavier discounting will occur. Hearing the story "consumers are demanded the 2013 model so much" is why discounts are not available seems a bit too rosy to me. After all, aren't we still in a recession or is that now over?

Thank you.
    Thanks for the confirmation. I received a quote for 70% residual on the 24 month 10k lease and a money factor of .0019 from MB in Manhattan. Odd that they would have different rates than what I received elsewhere and what you received. Hearing same thing re 5%. Truecar discounts on a well equipped model (~$78k) are apprx. 5% in my area (NYC).
    Car man- would you be able to provide us with confirmation re the residual and money factor for the 2013 GLs? Both the 24 and 36 momth terms with 12k miles would be very helpful. I received yet a different money factor quote yesterday of .0021, which is quite a bit higher than what others are saying. I thought that MB bank sets the money factor so it should be the same at each dealer, but perhaps that's not the case? Thanks for your input here and elsewhere throughout the site!
  • llngoc2llngoc2 Member Posts: 15
    No, it is not true. When I was shopping for my 2012 just 1.5 months ago, the MF buy rate was only 0.0014 from MBFS but I have dealers quoting me 0.0015 to 0.0021 and when I presented them with the buy rate, all of them responded that it is conventional for them to mark up the buy rate. (In fact, one of the salesperson even told me that the lease rate was set by MBFS and there is nothing the dealer can do, and turn around and quoted me a rate with a 30% markup) I am paying the buy rate in the end after negotiation, so the lesson is that, find out the buy rate and stick to it as the dealer is always trying to make money somewhere else. (I have a $300 lease setup markup from the $795 but I let that one go and when I purchased the service contract, they were also trying to mark it up.)

Just like every deal, you have to have the dealer list out every item and try to figure out what are you paying. Most of the dealers I was dealing with only ask me how much I am willing to pay per month and tried to avoid disclosing any detail.
    Thanks for the info. Everyone says that the money factor is set by MBFS and they cannot change it, yet each has a different money factor. Negotiation is one thing but these are flat out lies.
  • jorsikjorsik Member Posts: 2
    Car Man,

I've seen information (money factors) you've posted regarding lease rates on 2013 GL450's on a 10k and 12k miles. I'm working on a 24 or 36 month lease at 15k miles. Do you have the set money factor rates I should be seeing on my deal? (appreciate your insight and expertise!)

Also - is it realistic to be shooting for 7% off MSRP on the 13's?

Jason
  • hotlanta2hotlanta2 Member Posts: 27
    Does anyone know the following:
    10,000 miles
    24 month lease
    Residual?
    Money factor?
    I'm shooting for 15% off msrp. Is that too aggressive?
    Certainly carlovin. Mercedes-Benz Financial's September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2013 GL450 with 12,000 miles per year are .00160 and 72%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36-month lease are .00160 and 63%.

If your credit is in good shape, the dealer that quoted you a money factor of .00210 is definitely marking it up. Dealers are often allowed to mark dealers' buy rates up to add additional hidden, back-end profit to deals.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Jason. The money factors for this truck would be the same for all tiers, regardless of the mileage allowance. Mercedes-Benz Financial's residual values for a lease with 15,000 miles per year would be 2% lower than its residual value for a lease with 12,000 miles per year.

Mercedes-Benz Financial's buy rate lease money factor for a 36-month lease of a 2013 GL450 is .00160 for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi hotlanta2. Mercedes-Benz Financial's September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2012 GL350 with 10,000 miles per year are .00160 and 68%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Huge discounts should definitely be available on the '12 GL. Mercedes is providing $8,000 dealer cash on them this month. Shoot for a selling price that's as close as possible to dealer invoice minus the eight grand.

Car_man
    Host
  • christiandschristiands Member Posts: 36
    edited September 2012
    Hi car_man
    Can you confirm it's $8k? Can I use USAA cash with dealer cash? And the discount price? I'm looking at a $75k GL350 and shooting for a sell of $60k. With USAA of $3k, MB club of $1k and dealer cash am I in line? With the mf and residual that puts the 24 mos payment a little under $600. What do you think?
  • lsr2k12lsr2k12 Member Posts: 16
    Carman,

Could you provide the lease rates for a 2012 GL 450 for 24 months and 15k miles per year?

Also, is the dealer cash on this model 8K as well?

Is there still loyalty on this truck?

Thanks.
  • jorsikjorsik Member Posts: 2
    Car Man,

My Mercedes salesman is coming back stating that the 2013 (not 2012) GL450 money factor is 2x the 2012 models... So his .00305 is accurate - he says. He also has my residual on this 36 month 15k miles lease at 61%.

Is that correct?

Also is an Acquisition fee of $1,095 and Doc fee of $499 standard or are those negotiable?

Thanks so much! -Jason
    OK, so I'm being told that the dealer cash is not able to be used on leases??? What do you think.
    Yes, christiands, the $8,000 definitely exists, but it cannot be combined with any other special incentives.

Car_man
    Host
    lsr2k12, Mercedes-Benz Financial's September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2012 GL 450 with 15,000 miles per year are .00160 and 70%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks car_man,
    So in theory best price is "best price" minus $8k?? Seems reasonable if that's the case, so maybe shoot for invoice minus $8k and forget USAA, MBCA, and CAP?
    You got it, christiands.

Car_man
    Host
  • nj550inj550i Member Posts: 20
    Hello Car Man,

First, thanks for all the lease information you & others have provided.

A dealer that I'm working with have over 15+ new 2012 GL550s on their lot. They really trying to push those GL550s out. I would like to know the buy rate and residual for 24m/10K. At Post#547, you mentioned buy rate of .0016 and residual of 70% for a 2012 GL450 with 15K miles. Is this the same for a 2012 GL550? Residual seems kind of high for a 2012 & 15K miles.
  • bflowersbflowers Member Posts: 3
    Car Man -

What is a reasonable discount to MSRP to expect on a 2013 GL 550? Thanks for your help!
    You're most welcome nj550i.

That's a lot of leftover GLs. Mercedes-Benz Financial's September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2012 GL550 with 10,000 miles per year are .00160 and 68%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    That's an excellent question, bflowers. I actually am not intimately familiar with what the market is like for the 2013 GL 550 right now. If I was in the market for one, I personally would shoot for a selling price of around $1,000 over invoice and see what happens.

Car_man
    Host
  • mralburymralbury Member Posts: 6
    Hi, I was wondering what October's money factor and residual would be for a 2013 Mercedes GL550 for 24 months/10k and 30 months/10k.

Also, regarding the residual value, is that based off of MSRP or the negotiated price?

Thanks for the information!
    Greetings mralbury. Mercedes-Benz Financial's October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2013 GL550 with 10,000 miles per year are .00160 and 68% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 30-month lease are .00160 and 63%.

These residual values are based upon a percentage of the full MSRP, including the destination charge and the MSRPs of any options that can be residualized.

Car_man
    Host
  • bflowersbflowers Member Posts: 3
    What about for a 36-month lease with 12,000 miles per year? Thanks!
    Here you go bflowers. Mercedes-Benz Financial's October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 23-month lease of a 2013 GL550 with 12,000 miles per year are .00160 and 58% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • kc822kc822 Member Posts: 3
    Hi Car_Man. Was interested to know MF and RV for leftover 2012 GL 350, 450, and 550 w/ 10k miles per year for 24 and 36 months (or if there is some sort of "sweet" spot offered by MB FS for an "odd" lease term). Thanks!
  • sdshaunsdshaun Member Posts: 5
    Car Man,

Thinking about one of the GL's, the Diesel or the 450 and a slim chance of the 550.

Could you provide the MF and RV for them for November. Also are there any incentives?

Was ready to pull the trigger on the X5 but now on the fence.

Thanks!
    Hi kc822. Mercedes-Benz Financial's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a leftover 2012 GL 450 with 10,000 miles per year are .00140 and 70%. The numbers for a 36-month lease of this truck are .00140 and 56%.

The numbers for the 2012 GL 550 are .00140 / 64% and .00140 / 54%.

There is no lease support on GL 350 models right now, but you can still lease one through Mercedes-Benz Financial using its standard lease program.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi sdshaun. Please see my previous post for the information that you're looking for. There must be some sort of cash out the on 2012 GLs, but I haven't seen it yet.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Car_Man,

Just wanted to make sure you knew I was looking at the 2013's.

Thank You
  • aeggroupaeggroup Member Posts: 133
    edited November 2012
    Hi Car Man.

Do you know current money factor and res value to lease 2013 GL350 ?

Thanks.
    Oh, sdshaun, that makes a difference. Mercedes-Benz Financial's November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 GL BlueTec with 15,000 miles per year are .00160 and 60% for consumers who qualify for its Tier 1 credit tier.

The numbers for the 2013 GL450 and GL550 are .00160 / 61% and .00160 / 56%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello aeggroup. Mercedes-Benz Financial's November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 GL 350 with 15,000 miles per year are .00160 and 60% for consumers who qualify for its Tier 1 credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • tinytimtinytim Member Posts: 3
    Hi Car Man -

Thanks for all of the help that you provide everyone! Could you please let me know what the current best mf and residuals are for 2013 GL 450 and 550 for 48 month lease duration? At 12,000 miles per year? We are getting both vehicles - picking up the 450 on Friday and want to make sure that I get the best terms at the dealer on the lease.

Thanks a lot.
    Does anyone have a recommendation for a dealer in Southern CA to work with?
    Ive always been BMW and had my guy for years but new to MB.

Thanks
  • kerbkerb Member Posts: 195
    Greetings CarMan:

Are there any incentives on the '13 GL's (350 or 450).

Any conquest cash?

Best Regards
  • ymnik777ymnik777 Member Posts: 8
    Hi Car_man.

What is going to be residual and money factor for 36 months/10K miles per year and 24 months/10K per year. Thanks A lot.
  • tinytimtinytim Member Posts: 3
    Hi -

We just got a 2013 450 for invoice but had to agree to a money factor of .0021 (vs. their buy rate of .0016). Residual for 48 months with 12k per year was 54%.

We are getting the 2013 550 for 1% over invoice - it had to be ordered, so we got exactly what we wanted but won't get the car until April.
    You're very welcome tinytim. Mercedes-Benz Financial's November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 48-month lease of a 2013 GL 450 with 12,000 miles per year are .00160 and 54% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2013 GL 550 are .00160 and 50%.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.