Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Mercedes Benz GL-Class Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hey Kerb. How have you been? I hope that everything is going well.

Mercedes must be selling all of the GLs that it wants to right now because there's literally no incentives on this model right now, at least none that I am aware of. No lease support, no conquest cash, no dealer cash, nuttin'.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi ymnik777. Mercedes-Benz Financial's November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2013 GL 350 with 10,000 miles per year are .00160 and 73% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36-month lease are .00160 and 63%.

Car_man
    Host
  • mackbavarianmackbavarian Member Posts: 6
    Car Man

Would appreciate your expertise on whether you believe this to be a solid deal. Any thoughts would be greatly approciated.

Msrp is $76,890.00
    sale price is $72,271.00
    rate .00160
    Residual .64

Again, appreciate your time and consideration sir.

36 mo
    10k miles per year
    $1300 down payment total.
    $952.02
  • sdshaunsdshaun Member Posts: 5
    edited November 2012
    Is that with tax? $952.02 and that's a 450?
    Yes with tax and 450
    Also, anyone know what December incentives mercedes will be offering?
  • kerbkerb Member Posts: 195
    Many Thanks!
  • carlovincarlovin Member Posts: 8
    Msrp 79910
    Including service
    12k miles/yr
    36 mo lease
    840/mo including taxes.
    Good deal?
  • audi42audi42 Member Posts: 5
    Hi CarLovin,

If it is not too much trouble could you please provide the selling price, location and name of dealership. I was looking at a GL450 with an MSRP of $79,220. The dealer only wanted to come off the price $2800 with payments of $952/mos for 36mos on 12k miles a year.

Regards,
    Audi42
    How much of a down payment?
    Nothing down...2500 at signing for first month pmt and all fees
    It's MB of nanuet, ny
    If that's a 2013, sounds like a really good deal. Better than what I got in mid-atlantic or have seen on these threads.
  • sdshaunsdshaun Member Posts: 5
    Im told MBFS wont lock a rate or incentives on an ordered car when its ordered and will only give you the rate and incentives that are in place once the car arrives.

From my experience BMW locks in when you order and actually lets you re-lock if they get better while your car is in route.

Does anyone know the details?
  • mandabankermandabanker Member Posts: 1
    Car man:

can you please tell me MBUSA December money factor & residuals for '13 GL450 @ 24 and 36 months at 10k/12k/15k miles

Thanks
    Hi mackbavarian. Mercedes still is not providing any support on the 2013 GL in December.

Car_man
    Host
    You're very welcome kerb. See you around.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi mandabanker. Mercedes-Benz Financial's December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2013 GL450 with 15,000 miles per year are .00160 and 70% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36-month lease are .00160 and 61%.

The residual value for a lease with 12,000 miles per year would be 2% higher.

The 10,000 mile per year residual value would be 3% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • bmwconvertbmwconvert Member Posts: 75
    I was just in a dealership last night and was told 60% (not 61%) residual for a 15k/36mo lease. Money factor of .0016. Can residual be negotiated or is it fixed by MBFS?

What is discount to MSRP buyers are seeing? This particular dealership's opening line is staying close to the recommended $875 dealer concession. I'm sure there's more to give than that but they're arguing that supplies are tight.
  • zolliezollie Member Posts: 4
    Car Man: Do you have the same info for the 2013 GL 350 Bluetec? I'm looking at a 36 month lease, 15k miles per year and would like to get the MF and residual %. Thanks!
  • wineandtravelwineandtravel Member Posts: 3
    Really torn between the 2 models--practical vs indulgence :-)

Trying to determine fair prices to best determine my path forward. Can you please provide the December MF for both? I believe that the C250 is .0012 and guessing that SLK250 might be .0016---am I correct?

I am flexible on miles and terms. Can you please provide the residual % for both models for 24,30,36 and 48 months at 10k and 12k miles per year please?

Thanks so much in advance!!!!

I only have a couple days to get the deal done and this will be my 1st lease venture.

Also---how do they determine fair amount for $ down?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,830
    You may include the dealership name, city and state in your post. Please do not post last names of salespeople, telephone numbers, email addresses, or other contact information.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• epicurus7epicurus7 Member Posts: 2
    Carlovin,

I just spoke with MB Nanuet, they cannot offer similar deal on a 2013 GL450 at a MSRP 73450.

Do you have other incentives such military or friend&family discount on the top?

Thanks,
    Epicurus7
    Yes I do zollie. Mercedes-Benz Financial's December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 GL 350 Bluetec with 15,000 miles per year are .00160 and 60% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • aeggroupaeggroup Member Posts: 133
    edited January 2013
    Hello Car_man.

Do you know what is January lease program for GL Bluetec 24/30/36 months with 10K miles a year. Is it any different ( worse or better) compared to December program ?

Thanks
    Hello aeggroup. Mercedes-Benz Financial's January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2013 GL 350 with 10,000 miles per year are .00160 and 73% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 30-month lease are .00160 and 68%.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 30-month lease are .00160 and 63%.

This program is not any better than the one that was available in December.

Car_man
    Host
  • nealitnealit Member Posts: 12
    Hello Car_man.

Do you know what is January lease program for GL 450 24/30/36 months with 10K miles a year.

Is it any different ( worse or better) compared to December program ?

if you know may i know usually how much credit score will be tier 1 customer? thank you.

Another Question to recent buyer, how much $ off MSRP you can get on 2013?

Thanks
  • nealitnealit Member Posts: 12
    Do you know what is January lease program for GL 450 24/30/36 months with 10K miles a year.

Is it any different ( worse or better) compared to December program ?

if you know may i know usually how much credit score will be tier 1 customer? thank you.

Another Question to recent buyers, how much $ off MSRP you can get on 2013?

Thanks
  • aeggroupaeggroup Member Posts: 133
    I got GL450 at invoice. That was a lease.
    Yes I do nealit. Mercedes-Benz Financial's January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2013 GL 450 with 10,000 miles per year are .00160 and 73% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for 30- and 36-month leases are .00160 / 66% and .00160 / 64%.

Mercedes wasn't providing any lease support on this truck in December and it's not in January either.

Car_man
    Host
  • bwest1bwest1 Member Posts: 12
    Hi Car_man,

Thanks for all the info... My GL450 is finally built. After seeing the same rates posted for the past few months, just want to verify that the lease factor / residuals haven't changed in February. I'm looking for 10k & 12k per year for 36 months, see money factor of .00160 and residual 64 % and 63% respectively.

Is this still correct for February?
    I also see several months back where the money factor was .00150 for auto-pay. Is this still in effect? Thanks again.
  • cc12359cc12359 Member Posts: 31
    Please help to send the Money factor, residual for the GL450 2 and 3 years, 12k/year.
    I've heard the program is better than Jan's.
    Hi bwest1. The residual values for this model are still the same, but I've heard that Mercedes-Benz Financial's standard lease money factor is worse this month... .00205. Has anyone else heard this?

Car_man
    Host
    Hi cc12359. I've actually heard that the GL's February lease program is worse than January's was. What specifically have you heard?

According to what I'm hearing, Mercedes-Benz Financial's February buy rate lease rate and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2013 GL450 with 12,000 miles per year are .00205 and 72% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36-month lease are .00205 and 63%.

Car_man
    Host
    Just closed the deal on Saturday. Apparently the Feb lease rate is .00170 for 36 months.
  • domain123domain123 Member Posts: 6
    Carman if you could please provide current MF, residual and any other incentives available for a 36month 15k lease on a 2013 GL350 diesel. Thanks.
  • psmdpsmd Member Posts: 20
    Carman- Can you please post the March Lease rate (Money factor and Residual Value) on
    the GL 450 and 350 Diesel
    With 3 yr and 12K miles and 4yr and 12 k miles?
    Thanks in advance
    Certainly domain123. Mercedes-Benz Financial's March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 GL350 Diesel with 15,000 miles per year are .00205 and 60% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Here's the information that you're looking for psmd. Mercedes-Benz Financial's March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 GL450 with 12,000 miles per year are .00205 and 63% for consumers who qualify for its Tier 1 credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 48-month lease are .00205 and 54%.

The numbers for the 2013 GL350 Diesel are .00205 / 62% and .00205 / 54%.

Car_man
    Host
  • marc68marc68 Member Posts: 67
    Car Man,

Do you know what MB's money factor is for a pre paid 36 month lease on a GL450?

Thanks
  • gmfcoloradogmfcolorado Member Posts: 4
    Car Man,

I am picking up / leasing a new GL550 that is scheduled to be delivered to the dealer in the next few days and was wondering if you could provide me with updated April money factors and residuals for a 36-month lease with 15,000 miles per year. Does MB offer a higher mile option?

Also, do you know if the current MB Loyalty program will buy out the final 5 months on my current lease? I have received conflicting information on that.

Thanks for your help,
    Hi marc68. Mercedes-Benz Financial's April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 GL450 with 15,000 miles per year are .00205 and 61% for Tier 1 customers. The last time I looked into pre-paid leases through MB Finance (which admittedly was not recently) the money factor reduction was .00110.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi gmfcolorado. Mercedes-Benz is not currently providing any lease support on the 2013 GL550. As a result, it you were to lease one through Mercedes-Benz Financial you would have to use its standard lease money factor. That factor varies by credit tier, but to give you an idea of what it would be like, it's .00205 for Tier 1 customers.

The residual value for a 36-month, 15,000 mile per year lease of a '13 GL550 is 56%.

15,000 miles per year is the highest mileage allowance that I have seen residual values for when leasing through Mercedes-Benz Financial. If you need to drive more than that, you may have to purchase additional miles on a per-mile basis. It is usually less expensive to to so at lease signing than it is to wait until lease-end and have to pay an excess mileage penalty.

I think that Mercedes will only waive three remaining payments for consumers leasing a new GL. The higher 5 month waiver is only available on select models.

Car_man
    Host
  • ginleiginlei Member Posts: 9
    Hi car man,

Do you have May 2013 rates and resid for both GL 450 and 550's?

And do you know if the number of payment credits for early lease termination have changed at all this month?
    Hello ginlei. Mercedes still is not providing any lease support on the 2013 GL.

Its current residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 GL450 with 15,000 miles per year is 61%.

The residual value for an otherwise identical lease of a 2013 GL550 is 56%.

Mercedes' standard money factors vary by credit tier and perhaps by region. They would probably be around .00205 for Tier 1 customers.

Car_man
    Host
  • marc68marc68 Member Posts: 67
    CarMan

Thanks for the response. So I guess the standard money factor for a 36 month prepaid lease on a 2013 GL450 would be .00095 That would be more than 50% less than the standard rate of .00205. Is that correct?
    Also, the standard monthly rate of .00205 I assume is a dealer markup from the base rate.
    What is the base dealer rate on a 36 month lease for a GL?
    Thanks for your help!!
    Marc68
    You're welcome marc68. The money factor that I mentioned does not include any dealer mark-up. It's high because Mercedes is not providing any lease support on the GL right now.

Car_man
    Host
  • ram43ram43 Member Posts: 1
    Carman,
    I am looking to lease GL 450 10,000/ 36 month MSRP 70,000
    with $0 down

what should i be looking at from monthly payment perspective? new to the leasing.
  • traderbtraderb Member Posts: 38
    Hi Car Man,

Can you please give me the June #'s for a GL 450 and Gl bluetec. both 24,36 or 27,39 month whichever is better, 10k miles/year

thank you
This discussion has been closed.