Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Mercedes Benz GL-Class Lease Questions

Comments

• aleksisaaleksisa Posts: 11
    deal in north east(MD) -
    GL450 w/Premium 1, iPod, 19'' wheels packages
    MSRP is about 64K, selling price about 10% off, monthly payment 685$ (tax is paid upfront).

What do you think?
    Glad to hear your opinions,
    Greg
  • How much did you put down?
  • banker71banker71 Posts: 8
    I am interested in leasing a 2008 GL320 CDI. I need current MF & residuals for 33 and 36 month leases at 10,000 and 12,000 miles. Dealer gave me numbers of 59% and .00185 for 12k and 33 mos. If I am reading other's posts correctly, I can do better. I cant be sure with the 33 (not 36) months though. Any advice on 33 vs. 36 mos? I am expecting to pay invoice for this truck in DC metro area- is this reasonable?
  • lansalansa Posts: 7
    Can anyone comment on what kind of MF you've gotten on a GL lease recently?
  • ocautoseekerocautoseeker Posts: 425
    That money factor and residual they quoted you are correct for the TDI. The gasoline (450 & 550) versions have different numbers.
  • lansalansa Posts: 7
    Anybody lease a GL450 recently? Trying to get a feel for what kind of money factor and discount off MSRP people are getting.
    Can you reply and tell me which dealer gave you 10% off your GL?
  • audi42audi42 Posts: 5
    I live in Northern NJ and wanted to know if anyone had finance or leased a GL550 recently. If so could you please provide prices that you were able to get.
    Not sure this helps you but I just took delivery of a GL320CDI at 8.2% of MSRP - around $58.5k. The dealer seemed more anxious to sell me a GL450. Good luck...we love ours.
  • audi42audi42 Posts: 5
    Could you tell me which dealership?
    American Service Center and Euromotorcars were both very aggressive. I used the Edmunds service to contact all the local dealers and told them that I was completely price sensitive. I think this worked well but I wasted a lot of time dealing with all the different salespeople. I also walked out of the dealer after they gave me "their best deal." They came out to catch me before I left the lot and agreed to my price.
  • johnnyb_mjohnnyb_m Posts: 7
    Originally posted this in the "experience" forum, but it's probably better suited for this forum.

Can someone provide the MF and the residual value % for both the GL 320 and the GL450 for 12k miles per year at 30/33/36/39 terms (whatever is best)?

I'm looking at leasing one this week and would like to know where I should be at a payment amount. While I'm in the Chicago area, I'm in Will county and not subject to the Chicago lease tax (although I do have to pay the state of IL sales tax on the full purchase amount).

Last question would be recent purchase experiences (dollars off MSRP). I'm eyeing a GL that's stickering at $70.9k, getting a price of a couple of k's below that.

Thanks
    John
  • Can someone provide Mercedes' October residual and MF for 2009 GL450, 36 months, 15K miles/year in the MD/VA/DC market (if that matters). Thanks!!!
  • For those who are looking to do a lease on ANY vehicle, here is the FORMULA to do ANY lease! All you do is change my numbers to your numbers.
    , Mercedes Benz 2009 GL PK2

Our offer is as follows: MSRP: $69080.00 MSRP: $69,080.00
    Minus Rebate: $ 4000.00 Residual: X 51%
    ---------------- ---------------
    $65,080.00 $35,230.80 Residual
    Besides Rebate, an Additional:$ 4,000.00
    ----------------
    Selling Price: $61,080.00

____________________________________________________________________________

Selling Price: $61,080.00
    Minus Residual: $35,230.80
    ----------------
    $25,849.20 (This is the amount that is use for lease payments)

Lease amount: $25,849.20 Lease Payment: $718.03
    Divide by 36 months Times (X) Interest rate 1.8% Money Factor .00075 X 2400
    --------------- ------------
    Lease Payment $718.03 Monthly $12.92 per month interest rate

Monthly lease payment $718.03 + Interest Rate $12.92 = $ 730.95 PLUS Tax

$730.95 X 5.6% Tax = $40.93

$730.95 ( + ) Plus Tax $40.93 = $771.88 Total lease payment per month 36 months and 15,000 miles per year.

As far as a Rebate Tax: $4000 X 5.6% = $ 224.00 I will pay the tax rebate up front. That way I dont have to pay Interest on a Tax Rebate to a Bank / Lender.

As for the acquisition fee of $ 895.00 (Extra profit to the bank / dealer ) for doing this deal / paperwork), It needs to be taking out of the deal. NO CHARGE.

I will bring the following to close this deal:

1- First Month $771.88
    2- Tittle Fees $ 69.50
    3- CVR Fee $ 19.50
    4- Lic. Fee $ 4.00
    5- Service Fee $129.00 (This is another fee just like the acquisition fee to the dealer / profit)
    6- Rebate Tax $224.00 Up front, not included on the lease payments.

Finally, The total amount Up-front (DOWN PAYMENT) will be $1,217.88 AT THE PENNY!!!!

And GUESS WHAT? They will go Bananas!! Don't let a dealer rip you OFF!!!
  • Make sure to ask the Dealer for: MSRP, Money Factor (You multiply that by 2400 and that gives you the interest rate!) , If they give you the interest rate, JUST ASK HIM FOR THE MONEY FACTOR! you can figure it out by yourself, ask for the residual, Tax % of your county, and ask ALL fee's!! (Service fee is BS's, acquisition fee is BS's, Doc Fee's is BS's) They change their names for you to think that is OK and is PART of your deal. Don't get fool!!! Then go back to my previous post and put your numbers in by using the formula from my previous post! Good luck! Dealers will lie and lie to make you bealive that any other numbers are part or HAVE to be paid to the Bank?? What bank? That's what you say to them!!! :confuse: :confuse: :confuse:
  • Hello Jerrypapa,

These formulae certainly look appealing; but I would be interested in pursuing a 51 mo lease. The numbers seem ridiculously low if I use these calculations, and the dealers, I am sure, would be happy to tell me so. Another factor are the rebates; is it not the dealer's choice to grant these to the buyer? It seems to me that the dealer can add other hidden costs and fees, residual values, etc to the car to keep the lease payment high and the lease term short. If you know of ways to negociate this with the calculations that you generously provided us, I would appreciate any information that you would be willing to share! Thanks again for the post.

:)
  • Just got a quote from the MB dealer. 2009 GL 450- MSRP $67,475 and final selling price id $64,475. The money factor is 0.00095, no down payment for 36 month lease. Monthly payment is $972. Is this a good deal?
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
    Hi lexusgirl2. The money factor that you were quoted for this truck looks great. It's right in line with Mercedes Finance's current buy rate for this model. That is a good thing.

Now let's look at the other important number to look at when leasing...your vehicle's selling price. The 2009 GL450 has a spread of around $4,600 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price and no cash incentives. You are being given a $3,000 dealer discount on the truck that you are considering. That is likely around $1,600 or so over invoice, which isn't bad but there still some room there. If you are in an area that has a decent level of competition, I personally would not be surprised if you were able to beat this price by several hundred dollars.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Thank you Car Man.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
    You're very welcome, lexusgirl2.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
This discussion has been closed.