Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2007 Toyota Camry Problems and Repairs

Comments

• djm2djm2 Member Posts: 712
    Hi sewcoolsue:
    I have a 2007 V6 XLE Camry and I do not have any automatic trans problems. This vehicle has 33,500 miles. It is serviced by the selling dealer every 2,500 miles. (My choice!)
    I know, from reading these postings, that there are V6 / 07 units with problems out there in the real world. My vehicle shifts very smooth. When I accelerate hard, (while getting into a highway), the shifts are very smooth and positive! ------ When cruising at 60mph, I can get 30mpg easily. When I put this vehicle into "passing gear," it "down shifts" without a problem! Upon releasing the pressure on the accelerator the transmission "up-shifts"!
    This vehicle is 20 months old. The one thing that I did notice, was that it operated differently in the deep snow, because of the "drive by wire accelerator"!
    I would purchase another V6 Camry. I like this vehicle better than the 2003 Accord that I traded for this vehicle. The Camry seats are very comfortable, and the ride is great!
    Best regards. ------------ Dwayne :shades: :confuse: ;):)
  • chuck28chuck28 Member Posts: 259
    Hello, it's been a while since I posted though I still have the problems that are being mentioned by Sue. I have a 2007 v-6 camry.
    I recall back when I was posting Dwayne has always gone out of his way to let us know how he has none of these problems. I think he may also work for a dealership?
    Dwayne, why are you on these post and not enjoying your perfect car?
    You speak as if you are a salesman for Toyota?

These problems are real and wide spread. I will be taking mine back to the dealership soon.
    Thanks for the updates, chuck
    Good Morning Chuck28:

Please be advised that I am not connected with Toyota or a Toyota dealership! ------- I sell "high-end pleasure boats" for a living! ----- (I will not tell you the manufacturer because it is not appropriate on this forum. It would not be the professional thing to do!)

I read these postings because:
    1.) I own one of these vehicles
    2.) I am trying to understand why some of these vehicles have these issues, and my vehicle is trouble free?

If I had one of these vehicles I would be very annoyed, and I would have used the "lemon law" in New Jersey.

This is not my only vehicle!

In 2010 I will be in the market for a new vehicle. When test driving the new 2010 V6 Toyota Camry, I will make sure that I pay attention to the "shift patterns" of the transmission. I will take my selcted vehicle on an extensive test drive, (under all driving conditions and I will inform my salesperson as to the reason for this process.)

Best regards to all! ------------ Dwayne --- :shades: :confuse: ;):)
  • yanivsmeyanivsme Member Posts: 2
    So my wife and I left the dealer at a great price and decided we would sleep on it. Its a 2007 Camry XLE V6 with every option except navigation, and the best part is, it only has 6000 miles on it. I called a friend who works at toyota and he said it was a steal at this price which is $22,250 (after 2 hours of back and forth price haggaling) I was very excited thinking we are gonna buy the car tomorrow morning. When I got home this evening, I did some research and thank god I did. It seems that 90% of the reviews ive read have transmission issues and they are pretty horrid stories, especially the V6. I own a Lexus and my wife has a Corrola. We have never had any problems with our toyotas. I dont really understand all the car lingo about flaring and rings etc. Ive read different things about vin #s and where the car was built and some sort of testing?? The info I have is the vin # 4t1bk46k27u030733. I dont know if that means anything to you guys. When I test drove the car, I didnt notice anything but then again we were excited and anything is a better ride than a 95 corrola. Im sure will test drive it again tomorrow...is there something I should be aware of?? Should we just not purchase the car at all because of the transmission issues?? Any help will help.

Thanks,
    Yaniv.
    Good Morning Yaniv:

As you know, from my other postings, my 2007 V6 XLE operates properly! I also have a "top of the line" Toyota extended warranty on this vehicle for 6 years / 100,000 miles so as such, I am not concerned about any major repair issue. (I will not own this vehicle after 100,000 miles!)

I suggest that you take the following action:

1.) Go back to the dealer and test drive the vehicle again.

2.) Purchase a "top of the line" Toyota extended warranty for the maximum number of years & mileage.

3.) Enjoy this vehicle!

Best regards! ------------------ Dwayne :shades: ;):)
  • dmathews3dmathews3 Member Posts: 1,739
    I don't know what is like where you live but where I live the dealer if asked has to give me the phone number of the person who traded in this vehicle. I'm guessing since it has 6K on it someone owned it. My only problem would be why the other person got rid of it with only 6K on it. Was it because of the tranny. If so, run the other way as Toyota won't fix it. I don't think I can remember anyone here who had one that got it fixed so it didn't do it again. I think even a couple people here went through 2 new trannies. A lot had dumped it and bought other vehicles, and none were Toyota. I think Toyota is where GM used to be, they sell way to many cars and just can't keep up with their quality. I think GM is making big headway where as Toyota is going down. Someone either here or anther forum said that Consumers Reports downgraded the Camry for 08 as not a car to buy. I don't know since I don't subscribe to that rag due to the byous reporting against american cars. I have bought both american and foregin cars and have always had less problems with the american ones. I buy for the style and am not the type to say with one maker come h--- or high waters. If you must buy foregin than get a Honda accord, I think over the long run you will be better off.
  • kiawahkiawah Member Posts: 3,666
    It may be a great car, but personally I would be slightly suspicious of that vehicle with 6K miles on it, due to the 'potential' problem with the 6sp transmission. Many do not have a problem, but those that do are obviously not happy. We have the I4-5spd, and love it...and would definitely buy another.

Perhaps if you could get the dealer service history on it, you'd be able to see if it was in for service on the transmission.

Personally at that price, and the fact that it's now a 3 year old vehicle, and the risk that there is a problem....I'd probably pass and buy new. That car has done a LOT of sitting around for a 3 year old vehicle. You'd get full warranty on new vehicle.
  • chuck28chuck28 Member Posts: 259
    Hello, I would be very careful about the v-6 2007. I have the 2007 Camry v-6 SE and still have tranny issues. The 2007 is a first year design and they are still working out the kinks and if you read these post the 2008s also have problems.
    I don't agree with the extended warranty advice because Toyota can't fox the problem at this point. Also many of the Trans problems happen only after cold starts or just occasionally. There is a good chance you won't experience the problem at the dealership and then realize the jerks and rpm flares in the trans a week later.
    There is a reason somebody traded that car in? Probably Trans.
    DO NOT TRUST THE DEALER WHEN THEY TELL YOU THAT THEY ARE NOT AWARE OF THE TRANS PROBLEM OR THAT IT HAS BEEN TAKEN CARE OF IN THE EARLIER PRODUCTION CARS.

I would advise against it.
  • sewcoolsuesewcoolsue Member Posts: 11
    Yaniv,
    I own a 2007 Camry LE (6cyl, 6 speed) and I've had the transmission replaced twice already and the computer once. The last time was last weekend and I'm not sure it's OK. I've been back and forth to the dealer 8 times (I thought it was 6, then I found the other 2 receipts). My husband is nagging me to see the manager of the dealership and tell him I want another car or my money back. Here in NY we've got the lemon law, but the problem needs to be unresolved. They'll probably claim that they fixed it. Anyway, I don't trust this car or the transmission. Even though there are Camrys that are OK, I'd look at another vehicle if I were you. Try a Honda Accord. I owned one years ago and loved it. Also--the Avalon (even though it's a Toyota) was always a good car. My '97 is still running with over 160,000 miles on it. Good luck!!! --Sue
  • yanivsmeyanivsme Member Posts: 2
    I really want to say thanks for all the feedback. WOW!! you guys and gals(sue) were very helpful. Its very hard to not buy this car. The price, the color, the options and the miles were perfect. Funny thing is I called the dealer this morning and first thing he said was "I knew you would call me, are you ready to buy your camry?". I asked him about the transmission issues and if hes familiar with it? I told him that ive been reading reviews and he told me that because the camry is for older folks that they want an extremley smooth ride and that the V6 was made for the rav4 so when its in the camry, its so stong that is flares, "its more like an athlete". He said that reviews from consumers are usually much older people, and they are used to lincolns etc. Im 30 years old and ive been around the block way to many times!! I could tell there were things he didnt want to talk about. We were very nice to them and we are not difficult customers!! He ended the conversation with "it looks like this is not the car for you". I have never in my life heard that from a car salesman. Just wanted to say thank you again to everybody here who replied. I hope I can help people in the future. Off to the Honda dealership.

Thanks,
    Yaniv.
    Smart move. When he told you all that baloney there is no way I would ever trust that salesman. Don't even look back and don't give that car another thought.
    Hi Yaniv:
    I can understand why you decided to turn down this vehicle. ----- I owned a 2003 four cylinder Honda Accord prior to purchasing this Camry. The Honda also had a 7 year / 100,000 mile Honda extended warranty.

The Accord was very good up until 50,000 miles. Between 50,000 miles & 90,000 miles, the Honda Extended Warranty paid for $3,300.00 worth of repairs. (AC Compressor, Motor Mounts, Window Regulator, Radio, Two Cat Converters----etc). This vehicle was serviced every 3,000 miles by the Honda dealer.

I did not purchase another Accord because the driver's seat was killing my back!

You might want to look at a Chevrolet Impala. That was one of my choices on my "short list," when I purchased the Camry. I did not get the Impala because I could not get the trim package that I wanted!

Best regards and lot's pf luck with your search.

Dwayne :shades: ;):)
  • 650spx650spx Member Posts: 48
    Take it to a lexus dealer and have them reprogram it. Then it will be a 8 speed and very smooth. Same trans just a different program an't technology great.
  • sewcoolsuesewcoolsue Member Posts: 11
    Thanks for the idea. Right now this car's still under warranty and being "repaired" at no charge to me. Because of other unrelated problems, I have to back-burner going to the owner of the dealership to complain. I'll be doing that next week. Will let you know how that turns out.
    Isn't the Camry a 6 speed tranny? How can it be turned into an 8 sp. tranny? A true 8 sp. would have the gears in it to make it an 8 sp or is this just one of those varial ratio trannies they talk about, and not a true 8 sp?
  • 210delray210delray Member Posts: 4,721
    It can't; I think 650spx was joking.
    He may have been referring to a pseudo 2 extra gears.

I know with the I4-5 speed we have, once it is in 5th gear, the computer will 'lock up' the torque converter, which has an effect of dropping a couple hundred rpms off the tach at highway speeds. If you were watching the tach when shifting, you would think that the 5 speed was actually a 6 speed.

It may be that the V6-6speed model he referenced can lock up in both of the real 5th and 6th gears, making it seem like an 8 speed. Don't know, only guessing.
  • wwestwwest Member Posts: 10,706
    In actuality a modern automatic with "only" six "hard" gear ratios might have as many as 9 (10??)forward speeds. The lockup torque converter clutch might now be engaged in as many as half, or more, of the upper gear ratios given the road speed and provided the torque requirement is low enough, no acceleration.
    In other words advertising hipe since cars have had lockup torque converters for years.
    I was half joking you can't put the lexus program in to the camry. But the lexus uses the exact same trans. I has a ravigneaux planetary gear unit and seprate planetry gear sets on the same axis I bleave it is capable of 9 or 10 true gears plus the lock up feature. It also uses linear solenoids instead of the on/off type.
    No, historically the OD lockup clutch was only used in top, OD, gear.

Apparently someone came to the realization, FINALLY, that the OD clutch could be used to increase FE even in the lower, non-OD, gear ratios.

Oh, and for the V6's with 6 speeds oftentimes two of the top gears are OD.
    You are correct that now lock up get's used more than it did in the past, but this toyota trans has 6 solid gears in camry and 8 in the lexus It can have 9 total gears with out using the converter lockup. It is pretty neat how it works. I wish I could give you the spec sheet and more paper information.
    Don't need specs/paper as I have access to techinfo.toyota.com....
    Thats expensive unless you work for a shop or know someone.
  • silverbullet10silverbullet10 Member Posts: 8
    My car is a 2007 camry LE 4 cylinder automatic.
    I notice that during past summer (when AC was almost full blast), as I was searching for parking, everytime I turned the steering wheel either when the car is stationary or slowly rolling, there's this whining noise from the front. After that, even as the AC is turned off, the whine still persists, especially when going in/out of my garage. A couple of weeks later during regular oil change, Toyota service dept told me that the power steering fluid is dirty and needs flushing. I'm quite surprised as I never changed my powersteering fluid in my previous car (Accord), and it's not mentioned in the Camry regular maintenance schedule. Does anybody else hear the same problem with their Camry? Is this whine normal, or is that a sign that there's something wrong with the power steering system? The car only has 24k miles in it.
    Thanks in advance for the replies. :)
  • dwb2dwb2 Member Posts: 24
    You may have a problem with either the p/s pump or steering rack. As far as changing the p/s fluid is concerned, it is only a sales pitch to drum up work. If you stick with the recommendations in your service manual you will be fine. Make the dealer look for the problem. If they insist the fluid change will work, ask them if you will have to pay for it if it doesn't. Then watch the moonwalk from the advisor. I'm a former toyota service mgr, I know what happens. The advisor is paid on what he sells the customer. The rest should be easy to figure out. If he presses the issue, ask why toyota doesn't have it listed as a recommended service, again watch moon walk.
  • prowler161prowler161 Member Posts: 22
    A vehicle with this mileage should NOT need to have the power steering fluid changed. My guess is that the fluid was contaminated for a reason. Reasons include possible steering pump failure, the power steering fluid fill cap was left off, or a non dealer did an oil change an topped off the fluid with the wrong P.S. fluid. I have a 2007 Camry SE 6 cylinder and I have never changed the fluid with 40 thousand miles on it. Steering at low speed will put the highest load on the steering pump and engine that is why you are hearing this at slow speed. Changing the fluid is a good thing, but keep an eye on it, there is a reason it is contaminated at this low mileage.
    I have RPM flare but I do know this. I cannot drive the 2007 V6 Camry SE after my wife drives it. This transmission is a leaning transmission and I drive way different then my wife does. This is the first vehicle I have owned like this. When I drive the Camry the transmission does NOT know what to do at all. I am a more aggressive driver and I will punch it to get on the freeway, and will use horsepower to change lanes in traffic on side streets. I like to take off quick and then let off the accelerator. When I do such maneuvers the RPMs will flare after I let off the accelerator. I would need to do a computer reset after my wife drives every time to prevent this. At this point the computer and transmission will have to relearn my driving habits and will adjust accordingly. I just have my wife drive the car or when I drive I baby it. I will stick to my manual 6 speed Civic SI. You can replace the computer and transmission a hundred times and you will not fix anything. This is how the vehicle is, if you do not like it, then another vehicle will have to do. The Accord is a great choice, other then the poorly designed body. I am not a fan of the overall design.
    How long, or how far, must you drive before the transaxle doesn't flare...?

Or does it stop flaring once the engine and transaxle fluids have warmed to full operational temperatures as have many posters have stated..??

As a general rule the specific driver style parameters that the engine/transaxle ECU "learns" are erased each and every time you start the engine. Thinking of the rental fleet wouldn't you agree to do otherwise would be somewhat idiotic..??
    wwest....?? I have RPM flare at all times no matter what fluid temperature. This is common on this vehicle. Weather or not we are describing the same condition would be hard to distinguish as I have not driven any one else’s vehicle. I also find your post to be argumentative as I was simply stating my experience with my vehicle as a trained and certified automotive technician. The parameters you speak of, being reset every time the drive cycle stops and then is started again is unheard of. As your transmission and your ECU learn your drive style adapting to your acceleration via your TPS sensor, adjusts shift points and strives for optimum fuel economy based on your throttle position. This allocates your fuel and air mixture accordingly. If you constantly baby you car with very little throttle from every light and stop sign your learning transmission will lean this and your shift point will be made at lower RPM thus increasing fuel economy. The opposite will happen if you hit the throttle every time you drive. Further more if the parameters you speak of completely reset every drive cycle your fuel economy and shifts would become poor and harsh due to the complete reset. If you have ever reset a computer in such car, you are told to drive the vehicle after the reset to make sure you experience the harsh shifts and possible stalling of the vehicle as this is common after a computer reset. You are also strongly recommended to ask the customer how they drive so that when the get their vehicle back it will not feel different. Imaging an older driver getting in there vehicle, tapping the throttle and having the engine wind up the RPM and redline because you hot-rodded the vehicle after a computer reset? This is a common problem with the Camry, Toyota has flashed computers, changed transmissions, and changed computers and the problem has not gone away. Also rent a car companies would not have too much of a problem because people who are driving the vehicles do not own them, so why should they care how the vehicle shifts gears. They may think it is normal, or not notice it at all, but probably just happy the vehicle gets them from point A to point B.
    Good Morning All:

I have just finished doing the Norwalk CT. Boat Show. I traveled from Northern New Jersey to Norwalk CT via Route 4, 17, GSP, NYTW, 287 & 95 for four (4) days. I was caught in "bumper to bumper traffic," and I was able to travel at highway speeds, (55 to 60 mph). This vehicle averaged 30mpg for the four days using off-brand 87 octane fuel with the A/C system "on"! ----- (On some portions of the daily trip, the computer registered 33.5 mpg).

During these daily trips, I paid attention to the shifting characteristics of the transmission. Sometimes when entering the highway I accelerated hard. The vehicle took off like a "jet plane" reaching 80 mph. The shifts were very smooth and positive. Down shifting for passing was also smooth and positive! ------ When I drive in small towns on city streets, I use the manual side of the gear shift. (Yes, I like to ride the gears!)

I am getting near 35,000 miles, so I will be making an appointment at the dealer for an oil and filter change. (Yes, every 2,500 miles.)

PS:
    The boat show was great! ---- We sold some boats. Life is good!

Best regards to all! ------------ Dwayne :shades: ;):)
  • toyota07toyota07 Member Posts: 12
    Hello,

I’ve about 40K on my Camry and lately I’ve noticed a lot of wind noise. When I talk on my cell phone, people think I have a window open.

I replaced the stock tires with Michelin Destiny, (Discount Tire Company Exclusive), but the noise is still there.

I really like the car a lot but compared with my wife’s 05 Camry, it’s really noisy.

Although, I’ve a 6 year/100K extended platinum warranty, every dealer I spoke with said it’s an “adjustment” and the extended warranty doesn’t cover it

Any help/thoughts are greatly appreciate it

Thank you in advance!
    Only thing I can think of, is to look closely at the rubber door seals around all four doors. Take a piece of paper or thin card stock, and see if it slides easily between the seal when the door is shut (a problem area), or the when the door is shut it grips the paper tightly. You may be able to isolate a problem area.
    If you tire swap again either go to the summer only Bridgestone Turanzas or the newer Bridgestone all-season serenity series. Or spray the fender well liners with cans of undercoat from an autoparts store.
  • toyota07toyota07 Member Posts: 12
    Thanks for your responses Kiawah &wwest.

I inserted a piece of paper while the door is shut and the paper slid easily half way then stopped.

I believe front passenger door might have a poor insulation.
    Is it an easy job? Should I have the dealer do it or go to an independent shop?

Thanks for your help
    Great...sounds like you were able to find out the cause of the noise. It may be that somehow the upper window frame is bent slightly. You may be able to bend it back in yourself.
  • stshstsh Member Posts: 2
    I am new to this forum.How to approach the dealer about TSB?

Thanks
    Make a service appointment, and tell the service advisor what your problem is. If you know the TSB number, let him know that the problem 'might' be solved by a specfic TSB.

Or do the same thing but take a printout of the TSB with you. I just did this a couple of weeks ago, and it makes it real easy for the dealership. They'll put your VIN serial number in their computers, and validate that the TSB applies to your vehicle, and then put it on for you. Software loads take about 1/2 hour.
  • b10609b10609 Member Posts: 37
    This thread has been very, very helpfull to this guy ! . I've just driven a 2009 Honda Accord and it seems to be a good car. I agree with the concerns voiced by some about it's style. Coming from a 2001 Maxima just now, it also was a style that many weren't too happy with.at the time. But it has run beautifully from day one. I'm ready for a Honda this time for a change and more room..
    I was all set to drive a 2009 Camry this week but hold it !!. I can see there are problems in many areas. My last new Camry was a 1992 (V-6) which drove like a dream - never a problem for 5 years. Some Toyota research later showed that those Canada bound Camry cars were assembled in Japan on the Lexus 300 assembly line at the time. Then assembly switched to the US plant later on. Maybe there's a message here for all of us.,.
    The Consumers Reports are pretty bearish to boot on Camrys these days so Honda seems to win. But I see there are grumbles on the Honda forum about VCM 6 cyl engines which are newer technology as well. Any comments would be appreciated from you shoppers out there. Then I can order new wheels before the snow arrives . - Waterloo Guy
    Buy an Impala or Malibu which have both come a long, long way in quality and are both rated as good and even better in some places and keep your money in America where it is sorely needed.
  • lucky_777lucky_777 Member Posts: 205
    Don't know why you posted in this particular thread about 09 Camry having problems, because 09 Camry came long way from 07. Early 2007 models had numerous problems, mostly with V6 transmission and V6 - I4 transmission software that took Toyota some time to resolve. I suggest you go to 2009 Camry thread and see for yourself that things turned around and Camry is what it used to be. Unless you're looking to buy 2007 model, there is not much to say about 09 problems. I wanted to buy 08-09 Accord myself (I've owned 6 Gen Accord for worry free 9 years!) but after test driving an Accord I purchased a 09 Camry. Toyota is currently running 0% for 36 month financing that is hard to beat.

BTW Most Accords are made in the US including the one that I owned. Odysseys made in Canada.
    Good Morning b10609:
    When I purchased my 2007 XLE V6 Camry I owned a 2003 Honda 4 cylinder Accord. I had this vehicle for almost 90,000 miles. The front seats were NOT very comfortable! The back of the seat would hit the side of my body, before my spine would touch the back of the seat. I ended up using a pillow to improve this issue. In addition, the bottom of the seat was not very soft, and on long highway trips, I needed a "Chiropractor to get out of the vehilce" at a rest stop!

In 2007, I looked at a new Accord. I took a test ride on both the 4 cylinder and the 6 cylinder models, both with cloth and leather. The seats were a little better than the 2003 Accord, but not as comfortable as the 2007 XLE V6 Camry or the Chevrolet Impala.

I would have purchased a 2007 Impala, but I could not find a stock vehicle in New Jersey with the LT2 trim level. (I will not order a vehicle from the factory! TOO many problems with this process!!!!!!) So, I purchased a 2007 V6 Camry. I now have almost 36,000 miles on this vehicle, and I do not have any problems with this vehicle. It is VERY comfortable and VERY powerful. I average 30mpg on the highway using off-brand 87 octane fuel. The vehicle is 20 months old and it is serviced by the selling dealer. My next vehicle will be either a Camry or a Chevrolet product. (I will look at the Honda again to see it they have improved their seats.)

My suggestion would be to drive the Accord, and play attention to the quality and the comfort of the seats. I might go back to the Honda Accord if the seats were as comfortable as the Camry / Impala. I purchased the V6 Camry because the 4 cylinder Camry did not have the power of the 4 cylinder Accord!

Best regards. ------------ Dwayne :shades: ;):)
  • lucky_777lucky_777 Member Posts: 205
    Just my 02 cents on Accord seats. My wife was a primary driver for a 99 Accord and for the last few years she complained on back pain in the mornings. I could never figure out that problem was in Accord seats. Now my wife drives 09 LE that comes with adjustable lumbar support and morning back pain went away.

Also current generation Camry I4 is quicker (0-60) and has shorter stopping distance that current generation I4 Accord (older gen Accord was quicker!).
  • 210delray210delray Member Posts: 4,721
    ...I'd take the Malibu in a heartbeat (no pun intended) over the Impala. The Malibu is a fresh design on the long-wheelbase Epsilon platform (which also underlies the Pontiac G6 and Saturn Aura), whereas the Impala has its roots in the GM-10 (W-cars) introduced 20 years ago. From what I have read, rear seat room is rather cramped in the Impala for a car of its external size.

Still, I've been extremely pleased with my prior generation (2004 and 2005) Camry 4-cylinders, and I wouldn't hesitate (again no pun intended) to buy a 2009 4-cylinder model. The Accord sounds like a fine alternative as well, although again I'd get a 4-cylinder.
    Good Morning 210delray:

I like the Chevrolet products. Now having said that, there is also a financial issue associated with the Chevrolet vehicles!

As you know from the above posting, I own a 2007 V6 XLE Camry. I have a 6 year "top-of-the-line" Toyota 100,000 mile Extended Warranty on this vehicle, because I am on the road a large part of my working day. I put at least 22,000 miles on my vehicles each year, SO, with this fact in mind in four years I will have 88,000 miles. The vehicle will be paid-off in three (3) years, and at that point I will start looking for a replacement vehicle. ------ (The reason for this action is because the Camry might have a better trade in at 66,000 miles than one year later at 88,000 miles. In addition, if I wait the additional year, I will have put new tires and brakes on the vehicle, so then I need to run it to 100,000 miles to get my money back. At that point the vehicle is worth nothing on a trade! The mileage is TOO high!)

Now lets put the Chevrolet vehicle into the mix. If I had purchased a 2007 Chevrolet Impala would the trade in value of the Impala be the same as the Camry after three (3) years? My guess is that I would take a major financial hit on an Impala of the same price as the Camry. YES, the Impala is a very good vehicle, and it is very comfortable, ---- but does it hold its value like the Camry? -------- (Remember your trade-in value is part of your down payment on the new vehicle!)--------- In addition, finding a Chevrolet Dealer in my area that has a "good reputation" could be an issue! They tend to be a "highway type / high pressure" operation! The only dealers that are one step lower than the Chevrolet dealers in my area are the Chrysler dealers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

From a mechanical point of view, I think both the Chevrolet and the Toyota are about the same. As you know from reading this board, some people are having issues with their V6 Camry. I do not have any of these problems. Chevrolet has A/C, alternator and brake rotor issues. The bottom line is that when you purchase a vehicle, after all is said and done, it is the "luck of the draw"! ----- Your overall experience with the vehicle is only as good as the servicing dealership. I was lucky with the Honda, and now with the Toyota. Both dealers are great in terms of sevice.

Best reagrds: ------------ Dwayne :shades: ;):)
  • jlong5jlong5 Member Posts: 5
    Greetings! I currently have 29K miles on my 07 Camry. All four Bridgestone Turanza EL 400 tires are bald. P215 / 60R 16. Looking for a comparable tire.

My local dealer suggests Yokohama (SP?) but for 4 tires and balancing, we're talking $700 or more.

Any advice?

Thanks in advance.
    check out tirerack.com.

Same vehicle, more miles, replaced my Michelin Energy something or other (MVC4's??), with another Michelin. (Pilot Exalto AS) Local tire shop NTB, matched the tirerack prices. I was out the door for 550 (including spin mounting and 7% state tax, and a bunch of other miscellaneous state tire disposal and environmental taxes). However, also received a Michelin 60 rebate check already, and have a 50 NTB rebate coming. So when all is said and done, it'll cost less than 450.

Nice tire, we're pleased.
  • dwb2dwb2 Member Posts: 24
    The bridgestone tires are crap and have no longevity. Go with either michelins or yokohama. Both very good tires and good warranties.
    Good Morning All:
    When I saw my Camry for the first time during the "test drive" it had Bridgestone tires! ---- I made it VERY CLEAR to the salesperson that I would NOT purchase the vehicle with Bridgestone tires. He agreed to change the tires to Michelin. ------------ I now have 36,000 miles on the vehicle, and the tires are still in good condition. (The tires are rotated every 5,000 miles!)

I would NEVER own a vehicle with either Bridgestone or Firestone tires. I feel that these products are an "accident" looking for a place to happen!

Go with Michelin tires, and get a four wheel alignment with the new tires!

Best regards! --------------- Dwayne :shades: ;):)
    "...these products are an "accident" looking for a place to happen..."

....as would be any tire that is dangerously under-inflated in order to reduce the propensity for rollover of an otherwise top heavy SUV, say such as a Ford Explorer.