Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Toyota Solara 2007

2»

Comments

• Options
    dkenwarddkenward Member Posts: 1
    I also have a problem with my 2007 Solara SLE pulling to the right. The first time I brought it in, the dealer said they corrected the toe-in. This did not fix it. The second time they had it they did something to the strut. Still not fixed. The third time they had the car for 2 days and ended up putting brand new Michelin Pilot's on instead the stock tires. Guess what ???? It still pulls to the right. Any ideas on how to get this matter solved? Also, has anyone had any problems with the outside temperature sensor? Mine seems to take hours to come up to the outside temperature after being garaged.
  • Options
    garrowhammondgarrowhammond Member Posts: 1
    Reading these issues about the much-hyped (by the press) Toyota quality, makes me chuckle. So here is OUR problem with the Solara convertible. We have had the car for about a year and the paint on the hood is chipped terribly. Dealer says its' normal wear and tear. Hardly. Toyota 800 number in California told us to speak to our service manager. They are sticking to their story.... normal-wear-and-tear.

Has anyone else had this problem on the 2007 XLE?
  • Options
    agedp2agedp2 Member Posts: 1
    My new 2008 Solara SLE Convertible has outside temperature problems. It read between 77-82 regardless of the correct outside temps. They replaced the sensor, no luck, then they fooled around with "the pins", still no luck, allegedly Toyota told dealer they never heard of such a problem. Lately, they've cooled the temperature sensor to 55 degrees,(outside temp is around 80), and they've told me the new Toyotas, especially the Solara, take a longer time to warm up to the outside temperature, but no problems dropping down. I asked the svc manager to run the car over a few days,and I plan to pick it up tomorrow.(I get almost instantaneous correct temperature adjustments on my '99 Avalon, and '04 Mazda 3.)
  • Options
    rmatrmat Member Posts: 12
    I've had my '07 for just over a year now and have had no paint problems whatsoever. Are you on highways where you are getting stones tossed from trucks ahead of you?
  • Options
    fixerupper1fixerupper1 Member Posts: 1
    good engine and mileage, poor back visibility, shaky body (because it is a convertible!!)
  • Options
    lyambralyambra Member Posts: 1
    Two small rubber pieces fell from top of auxiliary box in front of center console. Cannot determine how to fit them back on so door "snaps" open as is supposed to. Just kinda lays there now. Fortunately, if this is my biggest prob with this car, I'm doing OKAY!
  • Options
    cryoulcryoul Member Posts: 4
    edited April 2013
    :sick: ">"I have a 2007 Toyota Solara 4-C SE 2-door Coupe which for over the past year has been burning tons of oil quickly I get an oil change and in less than 2K miles it's burned 3-4 quarts already. no dripping in driveway, no smoking or smell of oil burning, it just disappears and every 2K miles about I need to add 3-4 quarts. I took to Toyota Dealership for Diagnostic Eval. they kept over night, came back the next day they told me the entire Engine needed rebuilding and it would cost me $3-$4K dollars for a 2 week job. I said forget it and left. That sounds like BS to me, anyone have any idea where this oil is going and why? ALSO how do I fix it, without having to add 3-4 quarts more oil about every 2K miles??? I also lost about on average 10 MPG in gas MPG since this problem started. I get only about 20 MPG when I was getting 30+ over a year ago for same MPG but oil was not burning up like it is now. Any ideas, or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I hit 100K miles in 2K more miles on this 2007 Toy-Solara SE 4-C 2-door Coupe and no way am I investing anything even close to $3-$4K into a rebuilt engine , that is nuts. Please reply here-

BTW I get my Oil Sig. Oil Change done every 3 K-4-K miles now at Jiffy Lube since as long as you go in prior to sticker mileage for next oil change they have to give you a free 'Top-Off' Service so after every 1.5K.5K - 2.5K Miles I go in and they add 3-4 quarts of oil to an almost bone dry engine , all the oil has burned off by than or disappeared??