Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Lexus ES 350 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• jano2jano2 Member Posts: 141
    I don't think it is that great of a deal. I think you could get a better deal at the dealership.
  • blazinginderblazinginder Member Posts: 65
    If you're in or near NJ...dont take that deal, you can get a new 07 ES350 Ultra for 39xxx (that's assuming they still have them in stock)
  • terrypm1terrypm1 Member Posts: 79
    $2000.00 discount on 2007's in stock. Not very attrative to what I am reading here.
    The 2007 ES350 with premium pack with a MSRP of $37k -$33k is a good price on the ES350 I would sell you that for $33k--Lexus has $500 Customer cash going through 10/01/2007-so the best price that you may get would be $32,500.00 but that would be pushing it.

Sam827,

Can you email me at:
    Terrypm175ataol.com remove the at and use @

Thanks
  • bluto1bluto1 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the replies, guys. I'm in California, so Jersey is a bit of a stretch.

I just test drove a fully loaded 2008 CTS w/AWD. I was VERY impressed. I may have to rethink. Anyways, I now realize the deal on the slightly used ES 350 isn't that great.

I appreciate the input.
  • mi7mi7 Member Posts: 31
    Hi all,

im heading over to a lexus dealership--they're thinking of offering me a $350/month lease for 48 months, with $5,800 down payment. 10k miles/year.

this is for the base model. is this a decent deal??
  • blazinginderblazinginder Member Posts: 65
    I'm not a lease person but paying $22600 for a lease on a car that you can buy for 30k doesn't make much sense to me :confuse:
  • koppsuzkoppsuz Member Posts: 13
    In maryland best price for this car is 32500. What did you end of paying for it in south florida?
  • 4barbara4barbara Member Posts: 46
    I think its calculated that IF you financed it with interest and adding in the buyout its not that much different.
    However if you have the cash to purchase the whole thing...well that's a different story.
    So for say around $22k you leased the car. At the end of the lease you just gave it back. Now the car is 4 years old and the retail isn't that high. Let's just say that the car can be resold for $30k or 34k. One way or another the car price ends up about the same. The dealership still has to buy the car from the bank to resell it.
    Round and round and round it goes.
    What most lease people say is that after 4-5 years the car starts to breakdown more and isn't worth the headaches so why buy it outright, I'll just lease another car for the same price and its brand new. Everyone loves the new car smell....gets them everytime.
  • mi7mi7 Member Posts: 31
    thanks for your reply...!!!! I leased it!!!

-$32k (supposedly below INVOICE) out the door price for ES 350 with premium package (black on black)
    -$5,000 down payment (including taxes, title, registration, 1st payment)
    -$389/month 36 month lease
    -12k miles/year

W00T, W00T I'd say it's a good deal.
  • thermothermo Member Posts: 2
    I bought my es350 back in April,msrp 38,202. Traded in my 1996 Camry le with 106,000 miles in good shape. I paid 32,700 including tax(7%)tags,dealer prep. Just wondering how I did.
  • acura_tlacura_tl Member Posts: 38
    Car_man/Others,

What is the residual value at lease end for the 2008 ES350 for a 36 month/10,000 mile lease?
    Is the MF for 2008 same as 2007?

I am interested in leasing a 2008 ES350 with Navigation System.

Thanks.
    Appears that you were given about $500.00 for your tradein.
    You coulda done a lot better selling your tradein in the local newspaper. Good dependable used cars bring good money.
  • barnwalbarnwal Member Posts: 2
    Hello I'm in Connecticut area. Today I got a deal on Lexeus ES 350. The dealer is giving me Lexeus ES 350, 2008 for $37500+ Tax+ Registration which will be $40170. It's fully loaded with Navigation, Premium Plus Package and all other standard stuff which comes with this car for MSRP of $41900.00

I hope this is a good deal as had to really struggle a lot to get this price. I did try to buy a 2007 ES 350 with exact same features but the dealer even didn't agree to give it with price 34K+ tax. So I thought it was better to pay 3.5K more and get a brand new car of 2008.

Rgds,
    Barnwal.
    It sounds to me as if you got a good deal. I think in different parts of the country they have different packages w/different names. Based on what you have said I just bought a 2007 with the same options and paid the same price as you. My car has everything except the Mark Levinson pkg, park assist and sun roof (although I do have the moon roof that opens??? - go figure). Is yours the same?

So far I love my car. :)

Oops - it doesn't have spoiler, tinted windows, custom chrome wheels, or satellite radio.
    I'll get to my people and see what the prices are out in SoCal
  • koppsuzkoppsuz Member Posts: 13
    I paid $32500 plus tax and tags in Maryland for an ES350 2007, no navigation but everything else. Thought I got a good deal but now I am beginning to wonder.
  • jlemieux66jlemieux66 Member Posts: 3
    Where could I find information about Lexus' customer cash back offers?
    Just put in a search under google sites will pop up but I don't think you'll find one.
  • scottinmemscottinmem Member Posts: 9
    Sounds like a good deal to me.
  • gluckgluck Member Posts: 23
    Just got out of the dealership last night with the new Smoky Granite premium package. They were sold out of the nav. and only had this last one on the color I liked on the 07.
    They still have a bunch of 2007 left.
    Paid $31K + TTL =$33K'ish OTD. MSRP - $37,387
    Did anyone get anything cheaper than this?
  • smoochipoosmoochipoo Member Posts: 3
    i tried to get price quotes for 2007 es 350 in md/va area and nobody had any in stock. Which dealer did you get your car from koppsuz?
  • xanthemxanthem Member Posts: 1
    Sounds like you got a great deal. I'm in the market for the same type of car. Can you share where you were able to purchase your car? Thanks in advance.

xanthem@yahoo.com
    About 1k less but still a nice deal. We got ours about a month ago.
  • jaspalbjaspalb Member Posts: 84
    Which town is giving such good deals? I should keep that in mind for my next car. I paid a lot more for my granite mica premium (bought last year, of course).
    4barbara: You got yours for $30K? That is an insane deal.
    Lexus of Westminister in SoCal.
  • tedescm1tedescm1 Member Posts: 309
    I looked at a ES 350 with a msrp of 38k. The dealer in the Wayne PA area ofered to sell it for 36K.

Great guy...!

Does anyone have an idea of what the actual sale price should be?

tx,
  • thermothermo Member Posts: 2
    I believe a rule of thumb is 10-12% off MSRP. Somewhere around 34,000 plus tax,tags etc. I have read some guys get them even lower. Good luck.
    He's dreaming on selling for that price....and tell him so. Is it an 08? if 07 look over the lot and tell him that you'll never sell the ONE YR OLDs for the same price as the newer models COMING....it's already depreciated one year regardless the fact it hasn't been driven.
    DON'T BUDGE there's plenty of other dealers. Best price we got when we brought...32k
  • tedescm1tedescm1 Member Posts: 309
    Thank you,
    Is it a 2007? If so that is too much. I have a consumers report I could fax to you if you leave a number at jano2 at carspace dot com. (leave out spaces and use @ instead of at and . instead of dot. We can't leave email addresses or phone #'s on this forum.) I It will help you determine how much the actual invoice price is. Sorry I unable to scan and email it. I will check back periodically to see if you want it.

Good luck
  • neishadaveneishadave Member Posts: 3
    Located in Florida. Here'e the quote from a local dealer (MSRP $42,122).

Premium Plus Package with Additional Options
    Premium Plus Package Includes:
    - Leather-trimmed interior
    - Heated and ventilated front seats
    - Driver's seat power cushion extender
    - Lexus Memory System to control power driver's and front passenger's
    seats (except lumbar), outside mirrors and steering wheel
    - Electrochromic outside mirrors with tilt-down in reverse
    - Rain-sensing intermittent windshield wipers with mist cycle

Additional Options:
    - Lexus voice-activated DVD Navigation System
    - High-Intensity Discharge Headlamps (HID)
    - Intuitive Parking Assist
    - Full-size spare tire with 17-in alloy wheel
    - Rear seat side airbags
    - Wood- and leather-trimmed steering wheel and shift knob
    - Power rear sunshade
    - Preferred accessory package (includes Cargo net, Trunk mat and Wheel locks)

Is this a good deal?

$37,839 + tx, tag & dealer fee: $699
    How much down? or is it a OTD buy?
    What package?
    I paid $37,350 for a 2007 with the same options so I think that is a good deal. What I think is an excellent deal are your tx, tag and dealer fees! I paid around $2300 in TX!
    tx:
    I got a price quote of $34,308 for an 08 w/o nav and $37,800 w nav.
    07's will get the best buck for the money.
    I got mine for $31K.
    If you wanna get the 08. I would say wait till dec. Lexus has the December to remember promotion with some great deals.
  • geetarslingergeetarslinger Member Posts: 1
    What should a person pay for a 2008 with Ultra Package? I have one sitting in my garage trying it out. MSRP is $44911.00 I believe. The salesperson said that because they dont get many Ultra packages ,they may not come off much. They came off $3100.00 off a Premium package one at $42,211.00. In Ky.
    Thanks...I really want to pay and offered $37000 plus ttt and dealer fees of $699.
    Can you outline the December to remember deal?
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    A reporter from a national newspaper is hoping to talk to consumers who purchased a car recently instead of waiting, fearing that prices may rise as the dollar weakens. Please reply to ctalati@edmunds.com no later than Monday, October 1, 2007 with your daytime contact info.
    AS the dollar weakens. You're not buying a car from Europe! The Yen isn't that much different from the dollar so the savings isn't gonna be that much different. Look for a dealer with INVENTORY that looks like its been sitting. Scan the lot and look at the DATES of delivery. That could give you a clue as to how long cars have been sitting. Then you have leverage to speak about them SITTING. They don't make money sitting do they? is the question you tell them. HardBall my man. Plus 07s are depreciated already one year regardless if it's not driven.
    Are you gonna lease? Buy? Payments?...no money down?
    Are you here in So. Cal? I may be able to help in a purchase/
  • rajatkrajatk Member Posts: 2
    Hi Barnwal...Can you please tell me what dealer in CT give you this deal?
  • gurpreetagurpreeta Member Posts: 5
    Hi,
    I am getting an offer of $31735 for a 2007 ES350 with following packages. Please share if this is a good deal.

Vehicle Base Model .........................:$ 33470.00 $ 33470.00
    Rear Seat Side Airbags .................... 250.00
    Bluetooth Audio Includes: .................. 300.00
    Voice-Activated Wireless Bluetooth Hands-Free
    System ....................................
    Full Size Spare Tire ...................... 205.00
    Heated and Ventilated Front Seats .......... 640.00
    Premium Package Includes: ................. 1280.00
    Leather Trim Interior with Memory for Driver''
    Seat, Outside Mirrors, and Power Tilt/Telesco
    Steering Wheel ............................
    Wood & Leather Steering Wheel ............. 330.00
    Preferred Accessory Package: ............... 197.00
    Rear Lip Spoiler ........................... 299.00
    --------- ---------
    Total Accessories ..........................: $ 3501.00 $ 3501.00
    Destination Charge ..........................: $ 765.00

---------
    Total ......................................: $ 37736.00
  • vizaviza Member Posts: 1
    Hi everyone,
    I am new to this forum but I liked all comments and decided to post my question for those with similar experiences.
    I plan to lease couple of cars for the new company, providing personal guarantees, of course. I don't have any offers but I'm doing lots of research online and by hitting pavement.
    Here, in NC mountains, there are no Lexus dealerships close by, so I used a local Toyota dealer instead. I got a printout from Lexus website, quoting somewhat acceptable numbers for the base ES350.
    After doing my homework I got impression that asking questions on forums could bring me to a better solution through good advice.
    Please, help me to make a qualified decision.
    Thank you in advance.
  • dscubadscuba Member Posts: 6
    see Message #870 if you are close to Atlanta.
    i just bought a 2008 ultra today for 40500 msrp 44817. I went through a LOT to get that price. It was all worth it though.
    What all does the ultra pkg have that the pkg one stop bleow does not? Is it the Mark Levison system? I am just curious.
    I hope you love your car. What color did you get?
  • silver_onesilver_one Member Posts: 1
    After reading several posts here praising Prestige Lexus in NJ, I contacted them in hopes of a smooth transaction.

My salesperson kevin ( no last name ) would not give me a firm price over the phone and defintely not email - and kept asking me to come to the dealership in person. When I finally showed up there an hour away, they showed me $2500 below sticker for a 2008 with premium plus...or about $35,500(!). Plus they showed my a tradein value using Galves(?) which was 3-4k below KBB ( tradein! ) without even viewing my tradein.

Am looking into other dealerships too, but wanted to share my experience in the NY/NJ/CT area so far. Maybe Prestige will pull thru as many others here have posted - I will post a followup..
    Basically i just wanted the Mark Levinson and i guess it only comes with the luxury package. It comes with panorama roof, power rear shade, and some other options i could care less for. I got a BLack one and I LOVE IT.
  • vic528ivic528i Member Posts: 4
    What dealership did you buy from? I am also in the market but I may wait for a better deal. I hear deals will get better in December. I am located in LA area.