Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Lexus ES 350 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• payanapayana Member Posts: 2
    I have been shopping or lurking for an es350 for sometime now. I have been monitoring the prices for the Es350 for several months now. I probably know the market better than the lexus sales people. Well, when I read your posting about Mission Viejo I was totally shocked. Although, I haven't purchased my car yet, I have called them several times on different telephones (cell,home,work and other) and they have always quoted me the rock bottom prices, posted here. They have also always returned my phone calls. My emails did go without a response, but hey noone is perfect. The prices quoted to me over the phone were way below Longos and Cerritos. The other dealers when I told them about the Mission Viejo prices just told me go for it, we can't match them. At Cerritos, when I spoke to the salesperson last Memorial weekend he assured me I was part of the "Cerritos family" as I had purchased my previous car from them. When I visited them again after the saleperson called, I asked them to match the Mission Viejo prices and they declined to do so. They would not even make a counter offer for me. Basically, just shined me on. And don't forget, this is what they "do" for "ex-customers/family". Needless, to say I am very upset with them after being told we were family and then turned around and not even match prices or counter. So, even though I have not purchased a car yet, I have been on many lots searching for my ES350. Lets give Mission Viejo the kudos it deserves for offering the best prices in the area.
  • mongermonger Member Posts: 3
    I can't speak about Cerritos, but I bought 2 cars in the last week from Tustin (which were both delivered to me).

I'm all about customer service. If you don't return my calls or emails, you don't get my business. I still to this day have not received and response back from Mission Viejo. I receive better service at the fast food line at McDonalds.

I agree with you, they do quote rock bottom prices. But if you don't get the service that is necessary to win over your business, why go there.
  • richbf2richbf2 Member Posts: 73
    Hi everybody! i just bought my es350 on July 4th. The car comes with everything: premium pck., HiD, power shade...you name it. One optional feather is CHROME RIMS. The Msrp is 37.9k. The sale person gave me 2000 total off sticker price. The driveout price is 40.1k. What do you guys think of the deal? i really the car, but when re-assess the deal, i think it is a bit high. Please advise. thanks
  • zekeman1zekeman1 Member Posts: 422
    Is there Nav, Mark Levinson & rear seat airbags?
  • sammyssammys Member Posts: 30
    I'm sorry but your figures do not make sense. If the MSRP is 37.9k then it should sell for 37.9k or less. Your quote of "driveout price is 40.1k" is not realistic as it implies you are paying a $2k premium.

SammyS
  • sammyssammys Member Posts: 30
    Actually, now that I think about it my reply to your post was not entirely correct. If you got the car for $2000 total off sticker (msrp) then that makes it 35.9k. Your driveout price includes taxes and such but that would make your other fees/taxes at over $4k. Something still sounds incorrect. Are you sure 37.9k was not your selling price and 39.9 the msrp?

SammyS
  • hain802hain802 Member Posts: 1
    Hi,
    I live in SF Bay too. Can you mention a few dealer name that gives you that price? Do you through a special channel to get that or just get the quote from edmunds ?
    thanks,
    hn
  • elwoodmoragaelwoodmoraga Member Posts: 15
    The dealers in Serramonte and Pleasanton. Concord Lexus is closest to where I live so when and if I get ready to buy, I will press them on the $ over invoice question. I went through Edmunds and also Costco.
  • elwoodmoragaelwoodmoraga Member Posts: 15
    The part I hate most when buying a new car is the process of getting rid of the old vehicle.

I've never purchase a Lexus before, but like the new E350.
    Any comments out there about how you were treated pricewise trading in your car?
  • richbf2richbf2 Member Posts: 73
    :confuse:
    Hello Zekeman1! yes. It comes with everything. You name it.

Hello SammyS! Sorry for the confusion. Let me breakdown. Msrp 37.9 - 2k off. 35.9 + 1500(chrome rims) + Tax & title. There you go.
    What do you think of the deal? Thanks :confuse: :confuse:
  • cc2010cc2010 Member Posts: 16
    Hi, still here and reading these boards. Have you rec'd your car yet? How do you like it? I haven't seen Jacklyndang's post. Do you have the post # so I can read it? Hope everything went well.
  • bobbo55bobbo55 Member Posts: 25
    Bash4, I just wonder how did your transaction go at Lexus of Merrillville.How beautiful is that Ruby Red ES350?
  • shop4mywifeshop4mywife Member Posts: 36
    Hi cc, yes, car has been delivered. Everything went well and in the process getting it registered. We are very happy with the color choice we made and loving the car so far.

How about you? What color/package do you have in mind? When are you getting yours?
  • rileyjrileyj Member Posts: 13
    I have posted the following in the other board, but maybe more appropriate here:

"After a month of shopping and longer than expected process of selling my old car, I finally struck the deal at Mission Viejo Lexus. The MSRP is $41499 with navigation and park assist etc., and I paid $36972 (or $200 over invoice) plus tax and license. Beverly Hills and Glendale Lexus came very close to MV's offer but do not have the color I prefer. Longo's best offer is $1200 over invoice, and became unprofessional when the salesman start bad mouthing other dealers."
  • dkla76dkla76 Member Posts: 41
    which dealer in LA gave u 3000 off? is leather seat an option or standard? im planning to purchase just the base with no options at all. all i need is leather seat and moonroof. thanks
  • atoewsatoews Member Posts: 637
    Perhaps things have changed in the past year, but I can say that there has never really existed a 2002-2007 ES3XXX withOUT leather seats. At least there has not in So Ca.

I used to do a lot of price comparisons on this board but since then, I found a better way. Run an Edmund's TMV on your candidate vehicle and it will give you the price you can expect for the options you want based on your geographical area. The downside of this is that you have to enter every option into the TMV tool.

To mitigate that, just run a TMV on a car with options close to what you want. Then record % under MSRP and % over invoice. You then know that you can expect to get similar deals on similarly equiped vehicles in your region.
  • clipper1clipper1 Member Posts: 70
    Prior posts about Mission Viejo quotes are true. Great deals and courteous no-sweat procedures.
    I live in FL...However,
    An excuse to buy a great car and visit my daughters.....

However, question: Do the California cars get less gas miliage and less power (due to emissions) as opposed to NE or SW or SE Lexus?

Thanks for the answer.
    Do the California cars get less gas miliage and less power (due to emissions)

Don't think so. When I sold my 02 ES300 to a gentleman from California, he was worried about whether it would "pass CA emissions." (I purchased the vehicle in Virginia.) Reading the emissions paperwork that came with the car, it indicated that Lexus guaranteed the car to pass emissions in all 50 states, or words to that effect. The purchased confirmed that fact with State of CA. So, I can only assume the 07 ES350 continues with the same guarantee.
  • clipper1clipper1 Member Posts: 70
    Thanks Zekeman -- you are correct.
  • bdhillonbdhillon Member Posts: 2
    Anyone have any good deals you can share and what dealership you got them at? I am in the market in for a 2007 es350
  • tdohtdoh Member Posts: 298
    Do you know if they're willing to do 5% over invoice on UL packages?

Thanks!
    Everything, including pre-collision and rear parking assist options? If so, I would find it hard to believe that a completely-loaded (including XM/rear spoiler/cargo net/rear trunk mat...fair enough to list those items since you said, "It comes with everything. You name it.") UL can be had for less than $40K at this point in time...
  • vluuvluu Member Posts: 100
    Looking myself too. I'm still a few months from actually really trying to deal. From what I have read, people are getting the Premium Package and the Premium Plus for $1000-$1500 off MSRP. I'm looking for the UL, but I know there is limited stock, dealers are willing to budge much at all. So, far.... Lindsay Lexus has sent me an email with a quote of 44K OTD for an UL. Still too high for me. I'm looking for maybe 42-42.5K OTD. I think for DC/MD/VA.... that would be a good deal. Wish we could get the deals the west coast is getting.
  • llumedllumed Member Posts: 3
    I have found this site very helpful, so I want to share my experience. I am not sure what 5% over invoice would be, but I think our deal is close. Our car has arrived in port and should be delievered by FRESNO LEXUS on Sat or Monday. UL package with a MSRP of 43989 for 39,964. That is 4k off. I think that is close to 5% over. BUt do your own math to be sure. Good luck with your search.
  • nyarlathotepnyarlathotep Member Posts: 20
    Your car sounds gorgeous! I've been imagining the Lexus in my head just the way you bought it...hopefully it will come to fruition by the end of the year. Can you elaborate on your pricing/options, specifically what is a "black kit" and what type of rims you got? Better still, can you post/email any pix? I'd love to see it! :P
  • asuttonasutton Member Posts: 1
    Sounds like a great deal. Do you mind giving me the name of your salesperson?

Nedra
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,830
    You may include the dealership name, city and state in your post. Please do not post names of salespeople, telephone numbers, email addresses, or other contact information.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• deofamilydeofamily Member Posts: 8
    All,
    I am in the market for an ES, my dealer is quoting me $700 off + for some reason says that there will not be any destination charge and is willing to give me a total of $1200 off on an MSRP of ~41K. IS this a good price for OH area; I am seeing some incredible deals on both the coasts.
    Thanks,
    Niranjan Deo
  • junecjunec Member Posts: 8
    I just got my ES 350 on 7/30. I paid 38,850 with Premium Plus Package & Navigation & Parking Assist. Do you think this is a good deal?
  • deofamilydeofamily Member Posts: 8
    Where at? Sounds like a good deal.
    I got my at Pohanka Lexus of Chantilly
    I got my at Pohanka Lexus of Chantilly

Would you mind telling what was your MSRP? Also, exterior and interior color you got? I live 5 minutes from Pohanka, so if I could get a similiar deal... that would be great.

thanks
  • alien2alien2 Member Posts: 33
    Hi, my wife and I recently purchased (2 m onths ago) a 350 w/ultra package from Lindsay. Everything but collision avoidance. MSRP was just shy of $44K. We received $500 off of MSRP + free all weather mats & paint touch up kit. Working on a deal for XM install (currently at $465). Good luck, alien.
    Hi, my wife and I recently purchased (2 m onths ago) a 350 w/ultra package from Lindsay. Everything but collision avoidance. MSRP was just shy of $44K. We received $500 off of MSRP + free all weather mats & paint touch up kit. Working on a deal for XM install (currently at $465). Good luck, alien.

I recently got an email quote from Silver Spring Lexus... UL package and it was $1500 off MSRP... but no tax, tags, and process ($100). Pretty good.. but still looking for that $2000 off for the UL. Still waiting for the price to drop. Thanks for your info.
    Guess what! I live 5 mins from Pohanka also!. the MSRP was 41K. My color is Golden Almond Metallic with Cashmere
  • tedescm1tedescm1 Member Posts: 309
    Guess what! I live 5 mins from Pohanka also!. the MSRP was 41K. My color is Golden Almond Metallic with Cashmere

Did that price of $38,850 include destination and processing fee? I would really like to buy from Pohanka if possible... since like you, they are only 5 minutes away. That way... if any issues, don't have to drive far. The next closest dealer is Lindsay or Rockville. Did you start your buying offer through email quotes... or did you just go in and get that offer. What was your overall experience with Pohanka?

thanks
  • dailydeodailydeo Member Posts: 2
    Just purchased an ES350 w/premium package with MSRP of 37,064. I was given ~$3,850 off of MSRP. Purchased at Keyes Lexus in Van Nuys the last week of July.

The transaction was quick and painless....no haggling and had a very helpful/courteous salesman. I came in with prices that other dealerships had offered me and they beat the lowest offer by a few hundred dollars.
  • rkondurirkonduri Member Posts: 4
    Does it has navigation also? MSRP 37.9 does not match with all the options. I also live in Houston. Who is your dealer?

Thanks
  • rileyjrileyj Member Posts: 13
    The dealer is Mission Viejo Lexus in Orange County of Southern California. I got $4500 off (or $200 over invoice) from $41499 MSRP through their Internet Sales dept. Practically no negotiation is needed, which came as a surprise to me as they beat all the LA dealers (i.e. Beveley Hills, Glendale and Longo Lexus) that I have talked to.
    That is a really sweet deal for a near-fully loaded UL (only electronic doodads not included are pre-collision/radar CC and XM)! Darn, if I could convince myself I could do w/o the pre-collision (I can't avoid tech-geeky stuff!) and XM (have it in my SUV so I know there's no way I could do w/o it if I get the ES)...I'd order one from Fresno myself!

Congrats on getting a great deal...hope you enjoy your new ES!
  • greekgeogreekgeo Member Posts: 3
    Great info on this forum ..... closed a deal on 7/28 for an ES350; MSRP $41,289, was able to get $2500 off MSRP, no trade...cash deal.... due in this week. One dealer in Mass(4th largest in US)walked away from a $3000 off MSRP offer (my credit card was in my hand) .... they didn't have the car on the lot and I would have had to wait until August. Their "best internet offer" was $2000 off. Hope this helps.
    Great info on this forum ..... closed a deal on 7/28 for an ES350; MSRP $41,289, was able to get $2500 off MSRP, no trade...cash deal.... due in this week. One dealer in Mass(4th largest in US)walked away from a $3000 off MSRP offer (my credit card was in my hand) .... they didn't have the car on the lot and I would have had to wait until August. Their "best internet offer" was $2000 off. Hope this helps.

Great information for the east coast. Maybe the market is slowly turing like the west coast deals we have been hearing on the forum. I have heard a few offers now for the Prem. Plus w/ Nav... $2500 off MSRP. Maybe in a few months... we will hear of the first $3,000 off MSRP for the east coast.
  • chucko3chucko3 Member Posts: 793
    Who is the dealer in Mass?
    Lexus of Watertown turned down $3000 below MSRP ... I ended up buying it from Hoffman in Hartford.
  • chucko3chucko3 Member Posts: 793
    Did you try Lexus in Northboro, MA?
    Close to where I live.
    I will be in a market for one in a few months. Maybe by then they will take $3K below MSRP.
  • pnjfroncepnjfronce Member Posts: 6
    I made my deal on May 17, 2006 on the internet with Wilde Lexus of Sarasota, putting down a $2,000 deposit for Ruby Red, Cashmere interior, premium plus package. As of today I still do not have the car. Have any of you had difficulty in the delivery time? The dealer is telling me they have no control on the amount of cars delivwered by Lexus with this particular package. A supply and demand thing.
    Ask your dealer if he has ever "dealer traded"...the last several cars I purchased came via that method. They didn't have the car/color/options I wanted; he checked inventory in his region, found the car, worked the deal with that particular dealership, then picked the car up and delivered to me. May 17th? Wow! Sounds like they want to play with your $2K for a while!

It may be a supply and demand thing, but I got a blizzard white Avalon LTD (extremely popular color) delivered in 4 days.

Remember, the squeaky wheel gets the oil!! Suggest you have a "candid" conversation with the General (not Sales) Manager of the dealership and tell them how satisfied you are..........
    Northboro had the car I was looking for on the lot and would only come down $2000 .... I suspect that things will loosen up as they start to have more inventory on the lot….
  • hmw666hmw666 Member Posts: 1
    Checked Danvers,Portland ME- Watertown no fuss- best price first time around-