Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Lexus ES 350 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• xierxier Member Posts: 99
    Night - Whats the MSRP on this - ?
  • jano2jano2 Member Posts: 141
    I bought 07 with navi,sunshade, hid headlight, full size spare, rear camera for backing and paid 37,350 before TTL.
  • prazpraz Member Posts: 163
    What is the MSRP on this car? How do you know that 09 are a month away, they might be available now as the 08 is no longer on the corporate website.
  • nightowl76nightowl76 Member Posts: 10
    MSRP is $42,027.

I called a couple of local dealers yesterday and they both said the first ES 09's should be in by first week of October.

$36519 + TTL sounds like a good price to me since most folks on here have paid around 37k so far.

Thanks!
    Night - agreed its probably a good deal but IMO its not good enough on a one year old car. If you don't just have to have it TODAY - I'd wait until the 09's arrive - at the very least the they will be more aggressive on the 08's.

Are you dealing with a sales person or Fleet person at Stevens Creek?
  • shukishuki Member Posts: 1
    I want to get a 2008 es 350 for the best price (nothing fancy just base + premium package).
    Thanks!
    The invoice for 2008 ES is approx $36,900 while for 2009 it will be approx $36,000. You figure out if you got a good deal. In any case, ES350 is an excellent car so congratulatios of your new buy, have fun!!!
    For MSRP $38,160 the invoice is $33,700 so you should go for $32,500. If you are getting offers close to $33,000 than wait till december and you can get the 2009 ES with premium plus package for approx $33,500. Best of luck.
  • lexpaullexpaul Member Posts: 40
    I'm waiting for the 09's to come out, I was going to get a 'deal' on an 08 premium plus w/Nav, but discovered that the 09 with same option package is $850.00 less, if you can wait for 09 one should. Should get a great deal in ATL area. Plus I'm sure there has been some 'quiet' fixes for some of the past problems.
    FYI for future buyers:
    Yesterday I bought the 08 Lexus ES. The car has Premium Plus package, Navigation, Parking assist, HID headlamps with AFS, Power rear shade etc.

MSRP is $42,027, invoice is $37,519. I got it $2000 below invoice for $35,519. Total OTD was $38,852.

xier:
    I bought it at Magnussens Lexus, Fremont. Stevens Creek didn't have the above configuration. I was negotiating with the fleet manager, who was polite. Overall it was a good experience.

Thanks!
    Nightowl that is a great deal! Congratulations. I hope you enjoy it!
  • charliern9charliern9 Member Posts: 22
    Nightowl that is a great deal! I paid close to that price and didn't get NAV. (it never was a deal breaker for me but wouldn't have pased it up for the price you walked away with). Congratulations and I'm sure you'll enjoy your new ES. I love mine!! I'll be checking out the 09's though, out of curiousity, to see what's new.
    Thanks jano02 and charliern9! I've love the ES and I hope to enjoy it!
    Nice - I like the Magg Dealer's - I just purchaed from them in Palo Alto. Steven's had several Pebble Beach - which were in the 42's - but you were there so they must not have had the HID's or something else? I think 2K under Invoice is very doable currently - I have several over the phone's with dealers saying they can be there on price. I really want to go with the LS460 but my wife is still pushing for the ES... at this point will probably wait for the 09's to see what special Finance rates come in December/09.
    Yeah...you're right, the Stevens Creek dealership didn't have HID's or park assist...and the Internet manager that I was talking to insisted they don't make them anymore for the western region...oh well. Most other dealers including Magnussens and Putnam had that configuration available.

The LS is in a totally different league than the ES...I'd buy an LS any day if I could afford one!
    Interesting on the HID's - I noticed that the Pebble that we drove did not have them either -- They would be a MUST on my next purchase for sure.

What Color did you buy?? And do you have Wood StearingWheel?
    Can you shoot me the person you delt with at Magg's and Stevens- would - Would be nice to have names especially at Mag's. (xiermail AT gmail DOT com)

LS VS ES - Ha - problem is that we can afford it - really that is the real issue that usually prevents me from making the sound buying decision... I am pretty sure the LS is not TWICE as good as the LS - heck I could get 2 loaded ES's for the price of the LS we are looking at. Wife loves the ES -so I should probably just let her get what she LOVES - but I'm still trying to convince her that her husband does not fit as well in the ES :-).
    I bought the ES in smoky granite mica exterior with gray interior. It does have wood steering wheel. I've sent you an email with the name of the person and Magnussens and Stevens Creek.

True...whatever makes the wife happy...you're lucky to have a wife who loves something that's actually cheaper :).
    Nice - Thanks! --

Your car VS Pebble Beach? Does the Pebble have anything that your car does not have on it? The Pebble we drove was 42 I think - and trying to figure out what is missing - other than the HID's and Parking Assist.

Thx.
    That's a great deal. Don't know if they will go that low in ATL, but I'm going to try to get close to that figure. Question? Did you purchase a new 08 no miles or one with some miles on it? Thanks
    In Dec, you can get the same car for approx $36,000 but a 2009 model. You can get this kind of aggressive pricing in CA. Nightowl got a good deal and it is approx $1,500 less than factory invoice and may be $2,000 than dealer invoice as they add all kinds of fees, couple of them might be ad fee and prep fee. For 2009, the invoice is approx $900 less than 2008 model so I think it is better to pay $500 more for newer model but all depends on the dealer location and the time to negotiate.
    No its not a pebble beach edition. I'm not sure what the pebble beach edition comes with. The things missing from my car that I can think of are panoramic roof and Mark Levinson audio. But I didn't want either of them...didn't seem worth the extra price.
    It had 147 miles on it. The dealer told me they drove it from Santa Rosa to Fremont which is about 90 miles. Trucking it costs them $200 which is more expensive than just driving it down. He may be telling the truth since the MSRP sticker showed a Santa Rosa dealer. Either way I didn't care too much since he was the only one who had the exact configuration I was looking for with matching exterior and interior color.
  • chintubajajchintubajaj Member Posts: 3
    So what is the best price that anyone has gone on the 2009 with Nav so far?

anyone got lucky with dealers in Seattle?

I am going for 34K for 08 if its with Nav.. lets see what happens. I think the market is slow thus good time to get the benefit.
  • bboy007bboy007 Member Posts: 4
    Don't think they will go that low in Atlanta. My best price so far on an '08 with Nav is $37,998 but that included Sat radio and all weather floor mats. That does not include TTL. I am going to wait until closer to the end of the month to see if I can do better!
  • mhrdymhrdy Member Posts: 3
    I purchased an '08 premium plus package with Navi and XM for $36,500 (excluding TTL) at the Nalley Lexus in Roswell last July. I waited until the 30th to start calling dealerships. Since the last day of the month was not a weekend I felt I had more bargaining power.
    I think they will go that low in ATL, in fact I got an offer from Lexus of South ATL for 37k, premium plus w/nav and that was earlier this year, but I wasn't ready to buy. If you stick to your 'guns' I believe you can do it, but you must come well prepared, have your loan already approved and focus on OTD price w/o any trade-ins. I think I'm going to wait for the 09's to come out, I think Lexus has quietly fixed some the problems that have been posted here. I have spoken to all the Lexus dealers in ATL and by far Lexus of South ATL has the best deal going. Good luck in your purchase. Lexus is the best. Can't wait to slip into my black/black beauty. :)
    Interesting. This offer of 37,998 is from Nalley in Smyrna. I walked and they have called several times to see if I would reconsider, however, they have not lowered their price at all. I may go look at the new TL if that keeps up.
  • jbradford3jbradford3 Member Posts: 3
    Best price (w/o TTL) to start your bid for Sept 2008:

ES350 w/o Nav: $31,700 and go up to $900 max
    ES350 w/Nav : $35,100 and go up to $750 max
    ES350 w/ultra : $37,300 and go up to $500 max

Beware. They will add all kinds of fees to pad the TTL price above. I checked my local dealers and they have a lot of these ES350 w/Nav or w/o Nav so you might get them for less than the price above if you wait until the end of each month. If they want the ES350 w/o Nav for $32,600 tell them to slap in the free tint or spoiler... :blush:

Email all your local dealers and see if they can come near the price above.
    My 2 cents, figure out 2009 factory invoice prices and deduct atleast $1,000-$1,500 for 2008 prices to account for depreciation.
    I still don't get it. I have contacted all of the Lexus dealers in the state of Georgia (total of 6). They are no where near the prices you listed. Right now, the best price on a ES with Nav and Sat radio is $37,658 +TTL. But the dealer has to add another almost $500 to ship the car in from out of state! Most of the dealers I called didn't even want to negotiate, one even telling me they do not want to compete with my local dealers so go contact them. With the sales numbers Lexus has had, the economy, the price and scarcity of gas in the region, they still will not deal. Good luck trying to get under $36,000 on that car! It just will not happen in Georgia.
    I just wanted to comment about the price of HID's. We hit a deer not long ago causing damage to the right front and side. To get the right headlight replaced was $1068 versus $350 for a regular headlight. I didn't realize there was such a price difference. (on my lexus invoice when purchased the price was $850).
  • first_lessonfirst_lesson Member Posts: 8
    Looking for a OTD price recommendation on 2008 ES350, Premium Plus package in the state of North Carolina. Please share your thoughts. Thanks.
  • mayfletchermayfletcher Member Posts: 11
    has anyone puchased an ES350 recently in the MD/DC/VA Metro area? Please share you experience, price, dealer info year, strategy Thanks
  • driveitalotdriveitalot Member Posts: 3
    There are numerous 2008 ES350's coming to the market after being loaner cars at Lexus dealerships. As an example, Nalley in Atlanta has a 2008 premium package, 10K miles, $30,950 plus $599 doc fee. The price seems reasonable but $599 doc fee is steep. Lexus in Greenville wants the same price for a 2007 with 11K miles and a doc fee of $289. I am up in Asheville, N.C. and will have to make a drive since there is no Lexus dealer here. Can anyone chime in on the price and if the Nalley doc fee is normal for the Atlanta area? Thanks to all.
  • karter14karter14 Member Posts: 3
    Try the Lexus dealer in Nashville, TN. About a 4 hour drive from Asheville and they are great to deal with. The end of July I got a 350 with Premium plus and a load of extras,i.e. blue tooth, full size spare, HID lamps, etc for $35K and $199 doc fee. The prices have gone down since then. Get ahold of the internet manager and tell him what you are willing to pay and he will probable take it. You might wait until the end of the month. They have quotas and they are not making them. Try the Brentwood dealer. Good luck.
    Hello,

That doc fee of $599.00 is high. Hennessy Lexus has the lowest doc fee of $389.00 in ATL area, and after them its Lexus of South of Atlanta at $498.00. I was at Nalley last week 10/4, checking out some their 350's. They are corporate owned so you're going to pay a little more for everything. Check out Hennessy Lexus or Lexus of South ATL. Lexus of South is very competitive. Happy Shopping :)
  • amysmithamysmith Member Posts: 3
    Hi, I just brought a $750 gift certificate for Lexus 2008/2009 coupon from ebay. The best thing is that I can save $750 after all that after all negotiations. I paid almost 200 dollars for this coupon!! Anyway, I will let you guys know how it goes with my price for the IS250. Wish me best of luck.
  • driveitalotdriveitalot Member Posts: 3
    Thanks...I will check out the Brentwood dealer and see what the internet rep can come up with. They all have the quotas to meet and I figure with the market the way it is, at the end of the month, the hoods will be raised and balloons in the parking lot....is yours a 2008 or 2007?
  • lexus14lexus14 Member Posts: 4
    Looking for 2009 ES350 buying experiences have a quote of $36,800 drive out w premium plus pkg and sat radio.
  • lexusbunnylexusbunny Member Posts: 40
    I was given a quote for the 2009 ES350 for $1500 over invoice. I am thinking it's not that bad a deal considered this is 2009 and I don't think a lot of dealers want to bargain. I will have to pay freight for it to be shipped to the dealer as the color combination I want is not so available, but he said he is going to work on it with the dealer on the other side to see if there is anything he can do.

Any thoughts? Thanks!
    Hmmm...I would be suspicious of the freight charge. Everything might be legit, but I would try to find out more information. Where is the dealer that has the car? What is the shipping charge? Can you pick it up yourself and save the shipping fee?
  • toddantoddan Member Posts: 5
    I am negotiating on a Certified Pre Owned 2007 ES350 that was leased for 14 months (July 2007).

It has Premium Plus package as well as the following options: Nav, full size spare, HID w/ AFS, Rear Air Bags, Power sunshade, Parking assist, Wood & Leather wheel, Bluetooth, etc.

I have the original invoice which was $41,929 with destination charge. Best I figure, a 2008 similarly equipped has an invoice of $37,214. We have agreed to $31,490 +TTL and a $50 doc fee.

Can anyone comment if this is a great deal? Seems like it.
    Oh I know what the fright charge is - it would be $800. The sales person said he is going to work on it and see if that can be reduced or go away (if he worked out some kind of deal with that dealer). Will see.

I am in Houston, the available car is in northeast region (he didn't mention state, of course), and the sales I talked to is in Dallas. I can pick it up from Dallas which is a 4 hour drive but they still have to ship the car down to Dallas first which is where the freight cost comes from. He said he can deliver it to me in Houston and I don't think he is charging me for that (didn't ask though...)

*IF* the freight cost worked out and I am only paying $1500 over invoice for it, will that be a good deal? I have been on here reading about ES since last year and some people managed to pay invoice or below. At this point I would think paying invoice for the 2009 is pretty difficult.

There is a $515 difference on the invoice price he quoted me and the number I got from nada.com. I know it is not destination charge since it is calculated already and is $825. Any idea what it is?

Thank you for all your help!! I really hope this works out.
  • rosalindayrosalinday Member Posts: 20
    I just check the current incentives, it shows there is a $1000 cash to dealer on all ES 350. Shall I also factor in the 2%-3% holdback?

How do I factor in the delivery fee of $825 and ad fee?

any advise is greatly appreciated.
  • lexus14lexus14 Member Posts: 4
    What was invoice?
    Ok this is the final number I got from them - $39244...and here is the break down:

Nada invoice: 36804
    Advertising fee: 515
    Freight: 425 (was 800 something and they said they will pay for half)
    Plus 1500 they said they will charge over invoice

The total is 39244 + TTL

The car comes with premium plus, navigation, HID lamp, rear seat airbag, full size spare, pwr rear sunshade, int park assist, wood & leather trim steering wheel, body-side moldings, all weather mats, accessory package...I checked all these out on nada.com and it does come to 36804.

I guess if I don't care about the color combination it will be easier. The one I want is not available but only in the NE regions (as I was told). He said there is only one availalbe even though there are 15 coming in to port but the freight from there would be even higher.

Any ideas? Any comment is welcome...I really need some help! I am not very good at negotiations...
  • rosalindayrosalinday Member Posts: 20
    isn't $1500 over invoice too much. and you didn't mention the $1000 cash rebate from manufacturer.
  • msballsitch1msballsitch1 Member Posts: 4
    $1500 over invoice is too much. All car dealers are hurting right now because few people can get credit. In addition to the $1,000 rebate from mfg to dealer, you should be asking for about $1,500 off. THis means you should be telling the dealer you will buy the car for $34,304(including destination) + TTL. You must be willing to walk away if they don't bite. Don't negotiate from your offer or the dealer wins. Tell them you are looking at other cars, BMW and Mercedes. Good luck.
    Does anyone know how much do they actually pay for the car? If they pay invoice to get it in, they are not going to sell it at invoice or they don't make any money. So for me to ask them to go $1,500 under invoice, does that mean that they lose money? I don't want to sound rediculous but I do want to know some bases to know what I should be asking for. Thanks!
  • msballsitch1msballsitch1 Member Posts: 4
    Unless you work for the dealer, it is hard to pin down an actual cost. Dealers get incentives from the mfg. that are not figured into the invoice cost. For example, a higher volume dealer will get better choice of colors and special rebates. I figure the dealer has about $1K-$2K in incentives. This is on top any rebates that are advertised on Edmunds. The key is to be able to walk away right now. All dealers are hurting and traffic has slowed regardless of what they are telling you.