Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Lexus ES 350 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• IngridOIngridO Member Posts: 6
    Hello! I am very interested in buying an ES 350 and a 2008 at 50% off sounds amazing. How do I get this deal?
    ibojeda@msn.com
  • mayfletchermayfletcher Member Posts: 11
    moco01
    did you get it with prem plus, nav and fully loaded? What options?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    a 2008 at 50% off sounds amazing. How do I get this deal?

Close your eyes, click your heels together three times... then suspend all disbelief.. ;)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• lexustexas1lexustexas1 Member Posts: 2
    In houston ... bought a new 2009 es350 a few days ago. Got premium plus package, blue tooth, full spare, rear air bag, wood trim steering wheel, etc. and body moulding (may have forgot a few extras)...MSRP on the window was around $38,100 ish before TTL (Did NOT get the navigation system). Paid a little over $35000 drive out (backing out the tax, title and license - the base cost paid comes to a little under $33,000). This was for a 2009, so the 2008 should be even less! Definitely there is room to negotiate these days!
    Funny :)
    First time car buyer, so a little gullible
  • japorms26japorms26 Member Posts: 4
    lexustexas1

can you email me the dealer and the sales person you talked with...i live in houston also and i'm planning to lease one.

thanks!
    charles1626@gmail.com
  • lexustexas1lexustexas1 Member Posts: 2
    I must be slow today.... I just reread my post from earlier this afternoon / looked at the exact paperwork from the car purchase and realized I typed the prices that I paid wrong! Sorry, didn't mean to get anyone's hopes up on the pricing. The MSRP was a little over $38K + TT&L and I paid a little over $36K out the door (including TT&L). Which means the base cost that I paid was a little under $34K. (I was off by a thousand dollars in my earlier post...)
  • moco01moco01 Member Posts: 3
    Options: Rear Seat Side Airbags, Bluetooth Audio, Full Size Spare, Heated and Ventilated Front Seats, High Intensity Discharge Headlamps w/AFS, Premium Package, Wood & Leather Steering Wheel, Preferred Accessory Package, All Weather Floormat.

No nav.
  • BeachSeekerBeachSeeker Member Posts: 5
    As others have said, the information here was tremendously helpful in my purchase so I’d like to share my buying experience with the hope that others will find this useful. Here’s what I got:

2008 ES
    PT – Premium Plus Pkg
    VN – Nav with ML Audio
    PA – Park Assist
    BE – Rear Side Airbags
    FS – Full Spare
    WU – Wood & Leather Steering Wheels
    Z1 – Pref Accessory Pkg (trunk mat, cargo net, wheel locks)

MSRP – 43,170
    Nada invoice – 37,696
    Paid – 2500 below nada invoice

I did considerable research beforehand, but in the end, it was all about the leg work—and lots of calling around and following-up with people. I tried all the dealers that others had mentioned in the past, but I was never able to match the aggressive pricing that others got from those dealers.

It was been very busy at the dealerships and inventory on the 08 is getting pretty thin. They expect it to be even busier tomorrow as people come in for “end of the year” deals. Also, for those looking for a 09 ES, inventory on the 09 ES seems to be way down. Good luck!
  • decondecon Member Posts: 56
    Moco01 can I get the contact info for the salesperson in Rockville also?

docmav7@yahoo.com

Thanks
    BEACHSEEKER could you tell me which dealer you went to? What was your out the door total (tax etc.)?
  • diamond15diamond15 Member Posts: 7
    I bought my UL with Marc Levinson, tinted widows, park assist,all weather mats wheel lock, trunk mat, cargo net for 39,000. MSRP was about 44,000. My price was 82% MSRP plus TTL. Grapevine, Texas Dec 29, 2008. Really nice and moe than I expected in amenities
  • down_to_earthdown_to_earth Member Posts: 4
    Thanks lexpaul. I really appreciate your comprehensive response. I will continue to do some research. Yes, I really appreciate your offer to recommend a salesman. Please send me the info at chaaya@yahoo.com
  • jack1963jack1963 Member Posts: 15
    Diamond15, that seems to be a great deal in DFW!

I was looking at a similar car on their lot in Grapevine---what color did you get? Can you recommend someone to deal with at the dealership? The figure they gave me for a similar vehicle was $40,500 + TTL--closer to $43,500 net!

You did great for net $39,000!

Any info you can share would be great. I want your deal!! :)

JR
  • nalinirphnalinirph Member Posts: 17
    Hello. That is a great deal. I tried last night to offer sewell in fort worth 82% of MSRP that is 42,595. They would not go for it. His offer was 37,800. Any idea how you got such a great deal? Congrats!!!
    Yes, I worked with 2-3 dealers telling them I was going for the lowest price. I calculated mybase 2009 car plus options on NADA.com and offered below invoice. I had the salesman fax me the car dealer sticker and compared apples to apples. My husband wanted me to go $225 lower but I asked for allweather floor mats and window tinting to be included in the $39,000. I found Sewell to be the least helpful. They had the specific car and color I wanted as a demo 2008 but would not come down from 39,450. The grapevine salesman(kn) tried to tell me that the car mats were $200 but I told him I had paperwork saying $69 and he accepted. Just tell them you are a serious buyer and let them know you have other active options. Also I just told him thank you for his offer but I was waiting to hear back from the other dealer to see who was lowest. Other (Plano) dealer called me back 1 hour after I agreed with Grapevine by phone. Just be nice but firm on what you will pay. Be ready to move on though. I really wanted only white and all the luxury options and two dealers had this same car, very helpful. Good Luck
    Yes, KN was my salesman. His first offer to me on the 43,985 MSRP was 40,309. He had spent about an hour with me test driving and educating me on the car. I told him I was going to Sewell and was in contact with his counterpart in Plano to see who would give me the best price. I got the sticker from the car and compared options on NADA.com. to get invoice price and offerred below. He acted like it was a stretch, he's very experienced, but really took it when I held firm on my price in a nice way. He new I was a serious buyer. I think playing dealers who had the same car agianst each other helped. Just keep telling him you know he can do it. May have helped that it was the end of the year, but really don't know because it was an 09. I heard several times, from dealers, that 09 is about $1,000 below 08 because of a price reduction. I think this was true when i compared cars/options online. 09 was less, but they have good financing on 08. Won't got that low on 09. I had my own financing ready to go with exceptional credit all in my court too. Good Luck, I love the car. I got the white with tan interior. Did not like truffle color left in the 08s on that lot. Husband has a black M35 so didn't want black. i was pretty limited because i only wanted white but tried not to show this to salesman. He said not many come with Mark Levinson and ultra luxury.I think he was trying to tell me I wanted a more rare car and should pay more. I thought of it as a car and just the numbers and stood firm
    Clarify

MSRP sticker $43,985 plus tinted windows and all weather mats
    Deal $39,000 plus TTL
    Hope this helps
  • BeachSeekerBeachSeeker Member Posts: 5
    It was at Stevens Creek. OTD was around $38,500 (at 8.25% sales tax), but your total may differ depending on the sales tax where you are.
  • lexpaullexpaul Member Posts: 40
    Down-to-Earth, Sorry about the delay...I'll be sending you the dealer name and number and salesman's name I dealt with. They have some very aggressive pricing...stay tuned.... :)
    Hello everyone. I got an e-mail from the salesman at Grapevine lexus yesterday. The 2008 ES 350 in Truffle Mica is being sold for 36,494 + TTL. The MSRP is 43,075. It is brand new and not a demo. I thought it was a good deal and have not made an counter offer yet. Any thoughts on this deal? Please let me know. It is not my favorite color but I think it may be too much of a good deal to pass up.....

Nalini
    Hi Nalini, I got quoted at $34,700 + TTL at the end of the year for a brand new 2009 ES350 with the Navigation package and then at $35,741 + TTL in January. So I think you still have some room to bargain. :shades:
    Wow that is a great price... Was that at a dealership in Texas? If so which one?
    Thanks for the reply
    Really great price. When i was there the last week in December they had 3-4 in Mica left for 2008. I think it is a harder color to sell becuase that was the only color they had. Color not bad but not my first choice either. Money is great, if you like color then go for it!
  • soonerhartsoonerhart Member Posts: 1
    Is this car a Pebble Beach Edition? I was looking at Sewell and they have the Pebble with a MSRP of $43705, but I have him down to $36900 + TTL. It is a 08 in Truffle Mica. I think the Pebble is the only one with that color. Great car. I am going to Grapevine to check them out tommorow.
    This was in the Bay Area, California. I think that $36K is a good price for the Pebble Beach.
  • scoutandattyscoutandatty Member Posts: 23
    other than calling each Lexus dealer, is there another way to determine inventory of 08 ESs?

I was quoted $36K for a Levinson ($34K for just Nav) a few weeks ago, and expect that the recent $4K Lexus is contributing to dealers to move the 08 ESs will make dealers more aggressive.

Just need to know who has the inventory, and what they have.....

thanks for any suggestions.
    I would suggest looking at their websites. Oakland was the one that offered me the $34K deal, Santa Rosa offered the $35K in January for an 09. Santa Rosa had a Pebble Beach edition for 08 and the Lexus in Redwood City (Putnam) had an 08 with Mark Levinson but I didn't want to spend an extra $2K - $3K for these features since they don't appeal to me.
    Check out their website for Team Members's phone numbers so you can call them directly when you find the car you want.
  • gbjerkegbjerke Member Posts: 158
    AMEN on any site that would carry current inventorys on '08's.
    Used one for Corvette and found what I wanted.
    My problem:
    Currently have an '05 ES which is my wifes car and she loves it. She is gonzo over the Royal Ruby Red color and does not like the '09 Red. Understand, if she could get an '09 for less than a Ruby Red '08, she would jump at the '08.
    Would love to be able to search a site that carried '08 inventories.
    Two of my last three Vettes were a fly out/drive back and would not mind doing the same for an '08 ES....in the right color you understand.
    Hello. Yes that is the 2008 pebble beach edition in truffle mica. If you look on the lexus website the truffle mica is listed as a special order color for 2009. I however did not ask how much the 2009's are being sold for. Because there has been a $1000 price drop off of MSRP for 2009. I was not really interested in the pebble beach until he told me the price. The salemans initials are KC. But he will not be in tomorrow(Tuesday) he just sent me an e-mail.. I wonder what kind of deal they would make if we both bought one? I believe they have 4 of them left.
    Nalini
  • michelle29michelle29 Member Posts: 1
    I have been looking for another reference to the $4K that Lexus is contributing and can't find anything. I want to have some facts to back me up, if I ask the dealer about it. Thanks!

Currently on the table $33,300 + TTL & admin fees of 185.
    ES 350 200 smoky granite
    Premium pkg
    rear side airbags
    heated seats
    mats
    probably a few other minor things, but I can't remember for the life of me
    MSRP 38K
    I think they have some room, they said they were already using a Customer Loyalty Cert value of $1000.
    Thanks again. I love this car and I want it bad, I hate negotiating, but hate feeling stupid worse. Ha ha.
  • prema1prema1 Member Posts: 21
    Lexpaul,

This is a terrific post. Very helpful. I am also in the ATL area trying to work a deal on a Level 3 2009 ES350. I want to the deal as a clean purchase - no financing or leasing.

I am going to try to match the 37.1 you paid. I do have a question though about the price structures of the various dealers. It seems they always try to add other charges onto the price - delivery charge, paperwork charge, dealer fee, etc. Do you have info on what charges I should pay other than the 37.1 price that you negotiated?

cheers,
    prema1
    Prema1,

The only 'additional' costs you should pay is a doc fee and your county taxes and tag fee. That's it. Nothing else!!. Delivery charges are included in the MSRP. All dealers charge a doc fee, which can be loosely defined as a 'handling charge'.

I purchased my 09 ES on 12/26 from Lexus of South of Atlanta, they by far offer the best price in the ATL area. You won't find a cheaper dealer, trust me on this one. I dealt with all the ATL dealers for over a year, while preparing to buy and doing my research. They know me on a first name basis. I even looked at other options, Fleetrates.com and others, none could match Lexus of South ATL.

The doc fee at Lexus of South ATL $498.00 add your county taxes to that, which for me was 7% and tag fee, which is about $41.00. Let me repeat, nothing else you should pay. I had an acceptable price range that I was willing to accept . I was not going to go above $37.8, which still beats the other dealers in ATL.

Please let me know if you decide to visit Lexus of South ATL so I can tell you who to ask for. You won't be disappointed. This car is the BOMB!!!. Elegant, classy, powerful, smooth, refined and high quality build. If I push 80mph on the freeway, it's like I'm hardly feeling it at all. It just glides along. What a car!!!..... :)
    Lexpaul,

Thanks for the info. I am going to try Hennessy Gwinnett first see if I can get them to agree to a similar price to what you got from South ATL. If that doesn't work, I'll be in touch to ask for the name of your sales guy.

Glad you're enjoying your ES. It sounds terrific.

best,
    Prema1
  • sanishsanish Member Posts: 66
    You can get one @ invoice anywhere in US. If you spend a lot of time negotiating than don't be surprised if you get one @ $1,000 below invoice.
    Prema1,

That's fine, let me know if you can get that kind of deal from them. I would be highly interested. Thanks....
    Sanish,

Do you have knowledge of deals at or below invoice in ATL? Best anyone on this board has posted in the Atlanta market is $500 above invoice. Lack of competition, etc.

Mitesh
    Here is a link that shows the $4,000 Lexus is giving its dealers to help move the 08 ES 350s. Unfortunately, not all of them are applying that to the price - they're pocketing it as profit.

http://www.edmunds.com/new/2008/lexus/es350/100903612/incentives.html?vdp=off&se- tzip=94025&state=CA

Manufacturer to Dealer

Marketing Support
    $4000 Cash to Dealer start: 01/08/2009 end: 02/02/2009
  • buzzlightyear1buzzlightyear1 Member Posts: 8
    I am in central TX and I just got quoted $4,200 below invoice (which includes the $4K rebate from manufacturer to dealer. Here is the final calculation that I got = Invoice of $38,443 minus $4K rebate & additional $200 discount = $34,243 plus TT&L. If the car is not out of the lot by 2/2, then the dealer looses the $4K rebate. The rebate ends in 14 days, so the dealers have to sell it by Feb 2. Wait for another 10 days, and you will get the car for $5K below invoice.
  • buzzlightyear1buzzlightyear1 Member Posts: 8
    I am in central TX and I just got quoted $4,200 below invoice (which includes the $4K rebate from manufacturer to dealer. Here is the final calculation that I got = Invoice of $38,443 minus $4K rebate & additional $200 discount = $34,243 plus TT&L. If the car is not out of the lot by 2/2, then the dealer looses the $4K rebate. The rebate ends in 14 days, so the dealers have to sell it by Feb 2. Wait for another 10 days, and you will get the car for $5K below invoice.
  • kay63kay63 Member Posts: 1
    Lexpaul,
    I am also in the market for a Level III '09. Please provide the name of salesperson at Lexus South Atlanta.

Thanks.
    Kay63...since I can't provide the name here...please e-me at amadi34@gmail.com...Thanks
    I got an e-mail in Wed. night from the salesman saying they had 2 cars left that are 2008's. I plan to go there on the 23rd so I am hoping there is one left. Maybe I will get better results by talking to them in person vs the phone. And before I did not know about the $4K rebate. Thanks for the info. If there is not one left it will be a 2009 for me.....Just curious what dealership is it in central Texas? :)

Nalini
  • gbjerkegbjerke Member Posts: 158
    Help me here guys....
    Looking for an '08 Ruby Red ES. Wife drives an '05 ES, likes the newer style and loves the red color in the '08's but does not care for the '09 Red. Have searched the midwest for an '08 Ruby but have come up empty.
    If anybody has a line on a leftover '08 ANYWHERE, let me know. Distance is no problem...a fly out/drive back fits just fine as we are retired.
    Post here or email me at: gbjerke@aol.com
    Please ask for Mr. Camara. Thanks
    Found a Certified pre owned 2008 ES 350 with 37K miles (already).

How would you apply the depreciation on a car driven this many miles in 1 year?

This is certainly covered by Lexus for 3 years following purchase - until car reaches 100K miles. However, any thoughts on maximizing the coverage? (Negotiate dealer to buy additional year or 25K miles of Certified Coverage?)

thanks for the help
  • joesocaljoesocal Member Posts: 7
    I do not see any postings from So Cal. I am very interested in purchasing a ES350 but I have no clue as to which are good dealers who will negotiate on price in the San Fernando Valley to Ventura. What kind of pricing could I expect in the first quarter 2009 market conditions? Does the lack of So Cal posting mean that the discounting is not worth talking about? I do not believe that even in So Cal the cars are flying off the lot. I think that the cars are just sitting there and there has to be discounting somewhere. If I can save thousands, it is worth driving 50 to 100 miles to a dealership.
  • adamjmankadamjmank Member Posts: 10
    you are in luck Carsdirect is having a sale to the end of jan on lexus RX and possible on the ES my friend could get a quote for a base RX for 30,900.00.

Try the LA zipcode 90045. should be the cheapest in California. may be you can price match.

good luck
  • joesocaljoesocal Member Posts: 7
    thank you for the info. I went to Carsdirect and it had nothing on the ES. the LA zip 90045 is the LAX area. The only dealers in that area that I could find is Santa Monica, Beverly Hills, South Bay(Torrance). Which one should be the cheapest.
  • SoCal09SoCal09 Member Posts: 9
    Hi Joesocal: I recently purchased a 2009 ES 350 at So Cal, hopefully my recent experience would help you or someone else at the forum in some way.
    I started with AAA as well as Costco auto services. They are good starting points but won't offer the best prices in my opinion. Some of the dealers would reply, some won't. I was quoted $2 ~ 3 k below MSRP. (I looked at both 08 and 09, except I was told 2008 were pretty much gone for ES 350 due to it's popularity.) I even asked one of the reps to check on the fleet rate, still a bit high.

Pretty sure I can do better, I decided to go straight to the dealers' internet dept. (Most of them don't have the internet dept on their site. But you can look under "staff" section, you will be able to find who to email or call.) Most of the internet dept staff/managers will reply quickly, but won't offer you the internet prices like in the past. I would recommend doing your homework first (know which model, color - interior & exterior, packages included) before contacting them, so they know you are serious and ready to buy.

Not sure how the others are doing with a 09 in So Cal. But to make a long story short, after several negotiations back & forth, I was able to find the color & packages I have in mind, at below invoice. I got it pretty low, as I some of the internet managers started to walk away from the deal, if not flat out said "there is no way I can do it." Just be persistent, but nice, they are willing to work with you. With the recent situation, they might be more willing to work with you on the price.

This is my first post, so not sure what can be included or not. But feel free to contact me regarding any question about which dealers is more willing to deal then others vs who won't even reply or time wasters. Good luck hunting!