Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Lexus ES 350 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• jizankyjizanky Member Posts: 10
    That price was without destination fee. I got the car at Lexus of Santa Monica. But I also got very good service with Cerritos Lexus (phone service) I just called back and forth until I got to the point where I was getting around 100 dollars off the car and neither side would go more than 100...so I settled.
  • bigal728bigal728 Member Posts: 2
    The ES 350 lists for $41,800.00 and the dealer is offering $38,100.00 + tax etc. Good deal or not?
  • jizankyjizanky Member Posts: 10
    Hey, I would say you can do better. MSRP on my ES 350 was 42,856 (Premium pkg, Premium plus, Nav/Mark Levinson, XM radio) I got the Price of the car 37,657 with tax and everything (Lo jack included) 42,387.

I got it from Lexus of Santa Monica.

Best of luck!
  • pennoyerpennoyer Member Posts: 3
    MSRP for the basic ES 350 with Navigation package is $41,375. After reading through all of the other posts and looking at the TMV ($37k) I thought a fantastic quote from the dealer would be around $36,500.
    After speaking with 5 different dealerships, 3 of them said they can't go lower than $38,500. My best quote so far is $37,800.

I told all of them I'd sign the contract tomorrow for 36,500 and no is negotiating

Any ideas?
  • sunsonshaan07sunsonshaan07 Member Posts: 36
    Pennoyer,

Keep playing with their heads a little. I had the similar level of experiences, albeit with dealers in the Dallas, TX metro area. Only differences are:

1. We went with the 2008 Lexus ES 350 last July as opposed to the 2009 you maybe going for.
    2. Our initial intent was to go CPO but eventually we went with a brand new one.
    3. Our car that we eventually purchased has the Premium Plus Pkg, Navigation with backup camera, AFS-HID Headlights, Parking Sensor (F & R) and the Power Rear Sunshade. MSRP = $42575 approx. We ended up OTD on July 31 @ $37800 minus the $13.5k trade-in for my wife's 03 Honda Odyssey.

The key for you now if to play your game until the end of the month and you should end up lower than what I got. There absolutely have to be someone willing to bite @ $36500 or lower for the package you are asking for. Honestly, I think in a downright ugly Auto market, you should set your target @ $35750 roughly with the intent to ultimately and in the worse case scenario, close it not higher than $36500.

Good luck and let me know what you end up with. :shades: I am sure you will ultimately end up loving the car, it's a sweet and smooth ride. My wife drives ours in her commute to work daily.
    Hey bigal728 - I was just in a NY dealership for 2 hours and they wouldn't budge past $38,100 either. I ended up leaving because I received an online quote from a dealership in NJ for $37,800 - but how are others getting quotes in the mid $36's??? Is the pricing different out west?
    Hey everybody -
    In a bit of a dilemma - have a quote for $37,800 + tax & tags for an ES 350 w/ Nav & premium plus package. MSRP $41,675
    I would buy the car in a heartbeat for $36,500.
    However, the 2.9% APR incentive expires on July 6th...
    Would you guys say yes to $37,800 so that you can get the 2.9% financing for 60 months or would you roll the dice and see what kind of incentives/rebates come in July?
    Any thoughts/ideas/help would be greatly appreciated...Thanks
  • nkbuynkbuy Member Posts: 25
    that is interesting on why the price is higher in the east compared to the west. I have got an email quote for 36900 + TTL for ML+premium plus,
  • philly2philly2 Member Posts: 19
    On May 22 I purchased a Lexus ES350 in PA. - 36,164 with premium plus package. Price was $700.00 over invoice price. Dealership wanted $2,500 more for NAV and backup camera. I am sorry that I did not get that package. I did get 2.9% financing for 48 months because of good credit rating. Dealership was forcing 3.9% but I insist on 2.9% that was being advertised. I love the car! I wish the car had a coat hook in backset area - Lexus really messed up on that!
    I closed my deal over the weekend on the ES 350 (ML+Nav+XM+PA) for 1600 below invoice. MSRP was 42646.00
  • esstookaytdesstookaytd Member Posts: 6
    May I ask what area you were able to get that deal for?

Nevermind, I see from your previous posts it looks like you are in the SF Bay area.

Thanks
    Yeah I am in the Sf Bay Area. I closed my deal at Stevens Creek Lexus. Putnam Lexus in redwood city also provided a similar offer but as it was little further away went with Stevens Creek.
  • falcon74falcon74 Member Posts: 67
    Congrats nkbuy......did your ES have the Mark Levinson stereo and if so was invoice about $37.9M before TTL? Thanks
    Thank you! Yes my ES has the Mark Levinson. This is what i paid: 37100+TTL. I think i may have been fortunate to get it at that price.
  • radar6radar6 Member Posts: 28
    Just bought 2009 ES 350 Black Sapphire pearl. Grey INT. Has premium plus package ,Hid with AFS,NAV,rear airbags,park assist,all weather mats,wood and leather wheel and preferred accessory package.MSRP 41,694 paid 36,959 including destination.(Boston area) Also got 2.9 APR Price doesn't include state sales tax and state tittle fees. Not a bad deal. wanted to get rear power shade none around here unless you go with the ultra package.
  • oregon1oregon1 Member Posts: 2
    Just left the dealership in Oregon. Want to buy a 2009 ES 350. Cash deal. They said that they are selling at MSRP. I dont believe it. Not a single other customer on the lot the entire night! How do you guys get online quotes of $5000 off MSRP??? They are the only dealership in the state :( Thanks so much!
  • SoCal09SoCal09 Member Posts: 9
    Hi Sorry to hear about what happened at the dealership. btw, there are two Lexus dealers in OR. http://www.lexusofportland.com/HomePage & http://www.kendalllexuseugene.com/?cs:e=lex. Not knowing the geography there, maybe one is too far from your location. If I were you, I would broaden my search to let say 30 mile radius, or even 50 mile radius or more. Then contact their internet department. But before you do so, it's a good idea to find out exactly what you are looking for (color, pkg, etc). The check with nadaguides.com and other site to know what's the exact MSPR & invoice price for that combo.

With all that number in your hands, I would then email the internet departments with the specs you want and ask for quote. That's how I (and several other members from this site) was able to get not only below MSRP, but also around or even below dealer invoice! (Yes, it's doable!)

Good luck with your search and feel free to contact me with your question! There is absolutely no reason you can't get quite a bit under MSRP, if not dealer invoice with the current of economy. By the way, don't forget to check if you qualify for "cash for clunker" program, that's another 3500 to 4500 in your pocket!!
  • b_jb_j Member Posts: 7
    What's "cash for clunker" program? And What is it based on?
    Thanks,
  • alex_dvalex_dv Member Posts: 6
    Dealer offers me 33900 for ES350 2009 ( Nothern NJ)
    with
    -premium package plus
    -preferred accessory package
    -rear seat side airbags
    -full-size spare

MSRP 37390

Is it a good deal?

I also would consider with NAV if someone points me to dealer who gives a good price

Tnx, Alex
  • oregon1oregon1 Member Posts: 2
    been looking myself for a week and found that price to be generally what the dealers are offering in Oregon and Washington. With the new promotion seen on the lexus factory website and the fact that so many dealers are offering $34k, I am wanting to get one for less than that.
  • kingpcgeekkingpcgeek Member Posts: 1,051
    Google is your friend
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
  • bzd4634bzd4634 Member Posts: 1
    Looks a good deal, can you share what is the dealer name with me please?
  • cardawgcardawg Member Posts: 1
    I live in Michigan and am looking for a good deal on an ES350. What new promotion are you referring too? Thanks...
  • lenny11lenny11 Member Posts: 1
    I am getting quotes on a 2009 ES350 with the following options.

LEXUS PREMIUM AUDIO/NAVIGATION, HID, PREFERRED ACCESSORY PKG, REAR SUNSHADE, FULL-SIZE SPARE, INTUITIVE PARKING ASSIST. PREMIUM PKG PLUS, WOOD & LEATHER-TRIMMED STEERING WHEEL,
    REAR SEAT SIDE AIRBAGS.

It's a pretty typical spec for this area. MSRP is $41,871. The lowest price I've got managed to get down to with 2 dealers is $39,000. A far cry from what other people are getting in other parts of the country.

Has anyone in the Dallas area got a better deal on a similar spec within the last 4-5 months?

Thanks.
  • jreynajreyna Member Posts: 15
    looking to purchase prem plus / nav. pkg, parking assist, etc. msrp @ 41,795

Best being offered so far is 38,800 - 39 k or about 7% off msrp....will not do deal at that price pt. Also 0.9 % @ 36 mos being offered so may be while cant get lower off msrp.. Has anyone in Hou area or surrounding area -- willing to travel to la. or dallas area been able to do better within last 30 days or so. Thks for input
    On Saturday got new 2009 ES350 for 36800$
    MSRP: 41694$ ( with dist.).
    Tri-county Lexus NJ

They offer extended plan to 6 year/100000
    and tracking system for 990$ which, they say, gives 25% discount for auto inshurance . In reality it is 5$ per year and , I think, it would be cheaper by it from provider ( if someone wants it).

Good luck
    tri-county Lexus ben
  • billmvbillmv Member Posts: 148
    Anybody have any thoughts on whether it would be better to try to cut a deal at the end of July or wait until the end of August? My lease on my Lexus is up Sept 17th, and I'm just curious if I should try to work a deal now or wait a month. As a returning customer they would waive the final payment.

By the way, I'm in the SF Bay area.

Appreciate any thoughts you might have.
  • cats_njcats_nj Member Posts: 8
    As of July 29th.
    I am getting Offers of 34975 for a es 350 Prem Plus with BE , DC ,  FS , PT, Wood Trim and HIDs.
    What are all the oher costs associated with this car? Like tax , Title etc..

Is there a better offer that someone has got recently?
    Northern NJ dealerships area....ready to buy from anyone who can offer a better price

Also Alex DV, How was your exp with Tri County? and what was the specs on your car? Thanks!
    Hi Alex, can you pls let us know the specs on your car? I got another quote from another dealer but just wanted to make sure we comparing apples to apples.

This is so stressfull doing this in a week! with so many variations and so many dealers and a 3 yr old. :)

Thanks!
    what is your msrp price. not sure if you have state tax there, so include sales tax % around $ 200 - 250.00 for docs, fees.
    do not have the numbers now...
    got the car yesterday night for 34,995(same specs as my earlier note on this thread)
    I did not take any plans offered by them. Am thinking about a 850 $ Five year package for Any Dents, Tire/Rim problems ,etc...Do you think it is worth it?
    41694$

MSRP 34470
    destination 875
    rear seat side airbags 250
    full size spare 205
    HI headlamps 815
    NAV 2650
    intuitive parking assist 500
    peremium package plus 1280
    W & L s. whell 330
    all weather mats 109
    accessory package 210
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    A large newspaper reporter is looking to speak to consumers who went from owning a luxury car (BMW, Lexus, Mercedes-Benz, etc.) to a premium non-luxury vehicle recently. If you purchased the vehicle using the Cash for Clunkers program, please let me know as well. Please send your daytime phone number and the vehicle you own to ctalati@edmunds.com by Wednesday, August 5.
  • bhusted007bhusted007 Member Posts: 5
    Wow Alex, seems like you got a great deal ($41,694 MSRP for $36,800). Are you sure your numbers are correct? I saw your later post where you listed all the options. I am looking for the same car in New Jersey a few weeks later and several dealers gave me an internet price of $38,400 and would only go a couple hundred down from there upon further negotiation. This includes Tri-County Lexus where you said you got te $36,800 price. I emailed them the specs and spoke with them and told them I saw someone online got the car for $36,800 and I would buy today at that price but they won't go below $38,400. In looking at what other people posted that they paid in this area recently it looks like yours is an abberation of some kind. If you really got that price, good for you!
  • v4fv4f Member Posts: 3
    Had the same experience, not just at Tri County but at other dealerships too. They stop negotiating after coming down to around 38100. Only managed to negotiate at the monmouth dealership for the following combination

BE FS HL NV PA PT WU Z1 WF at 37900, could not get any better...

:confuse:
  • bmphoustontxbmphoustontx Member Posts: 2
    HI.. this is my first post so please bear with me.

i need to find out what those options are.. also did you get finance through them?
    and if yes then what percentage?

I am looking to buy in houston area but it doesn't matter.. if the price is good as yours i can buy it in NJ..

Thanks..
    bhusted007 , i got this for 34.990. Everything that you mentioned except NV and Z1.
    You got to try this at end of month and look for the guy who sells the least :)) Managers will be eager for them to make the numbers for that month and will be able to make the cuts you want.

Or wait till they release 2010 model and go in for 2009 model then..
    bmp,

you can get 0.9 % @ 36 mos. right now till early Sept.. Most are holding steady around 38 -38.5k for msrp @ 41,600.00, I believe mainly because of low interest rates...2.9 % @ 48 mos is also available.
    We bought a 2009 ES350 Msrp 41694.00 With Body side moldings for 36957.00 we had to pay Doc fee of 285.00 We were lucky dealer had a bunch of ES 350 arrive around 4Th of July. Things were slow that week being the first of month and clunker program had not started yet. I think dealers are not moving to much on price now due to the traffic around show rooms due to the clunker program. The dealer I bought mine sells around 300 new Lexus a month July they sold 370. Inventories of 2009's are getting smaller because of the model year change coming up. From what I hear 2010 ES 350 will have some body tweaks and will have Lexus Enform . Good luck
    Thanks V4F for confirming the best prices I was coming up with. As far as Dealers, Bridgewater was admittedly higher than others and bascially told me a bit rudely that I was wasting there time after a couple rounds of negotiations so I won't be doing business with them. Edison was good to work with but I closed the deal with Ray Catena Lexus (Monmouth/Oakhurst) they were the lowest and because they had the color combination we wanted in stock and dealers will negotiate more on something in stock. I go it for 38,000 even but I negotiated pretty hard on some dealer installed options too and the dealer fees. For all you out there looking to buy, after you agree on the price of the car make sure you get the "out the door price" which will include tax and all the fees they want to charge. When you negotiate hard on the price of the car they want to jack up the fees to try and compensate. Here is what I ended up with:

SALE PRICE:
    $38,000 selling price for below car
    +$700 Complete wood kit
    +$600 Gold Lexus emblems
    +$200 hand painted pinstripe
    +$800 3M front paint protection
    =========================
    $40,300 - Sub-total

+2,821 sales tax
    +249 dealer doc fee
    +125 motor vehicle fees (or less for plate transfer)
    +7.50 NJ tire fee
    ============================
    $ 43,500 - GRAND TOTAL - OUT THE DOOR PRICE

NEW 2009 LEXUS ES350
    Base MSRP 34,470
    rear seat side airbags 250
    full size spare 205
    HI headlamps 815
    NAV package 2,650
    intuitive parking assist 500
    premium package plus 1,280
    W & L steer. wheel 330
    all weather mats 109
    accessory package 210
    destination 875
    TOTAL MSRP: $41,694

I don't know how alex_dv got the 41,694 MSRP car for 36,800 just a few weeks ago at Tri-County. Maybe he transposed the numbers (38,600) or actually got one without the NAV like cats_nj, which is over 2k option. For the person asking what the abbreviations mean, they are the codes Lexus uses to identify the various options. Here are some of them:

BE REAR SEAT SIDE AIRBAGS FS FULL SIZE SPARE
    HL HIGH INTENSITY HEADLAMPS NV GENERATION 5 NAVIGATION SYSTEM
    PA INTUITIVE PARKING ASSIST PT PREMIUM PLUS PACKAGE
    WF ALL WEATHER MATS WU WOOD & LEATHER STEERING WHEEL
    Z1 CARGO MAT/NET, WHEEL LOCKS

You can also find them on the many car buying tips sites like Edmunds, cars.com, kelley blue book, consumer reports etc. Google (and now Bing) are your friends.

For the person in Houston, the prices do seem to vary by region of the country and NJ seems higher than others. There are some recent posts of peope shopping in Houston area and the prices you are getting. When you are new to a chat it's always good to read through the previous posts before asking questions.

As far as loan percentage rates, can't help with that because I only pay cash (I like to actually afford the stuff I buy rather than pay for it later and pay a lot of interest to someone else for it). However Lexus is making a big deal about their gold sales events and there are a lot of other posts about interest rates. Good luck and have fun! I enjoy being a pain in the neck to the sales people who took advantage of us and lied and railroaded deals for so many years before the internet gave us so much information to learn their tactics and help us negotiate!

If you are a costco member you can go to costco.com and get a referral that way and a pretty good price at the dealer but I think you can do even better than that.
    Somehow I think the cash for clunkers program is effecting Lexus business very little. I doubt many people that are driving cars worth less then $4,500 are rushing in to buy or lease a new Lexus.
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
    (I like to actually afford the stuff I buy rather than pay for it later and pay a lot of interest to someone else for it).

You are smarter then the rest of us except of course you will pay $800 for paint protection, $200 for a pinstripe, and $600 for emblems. You are a car dealers dream customer
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
    I have to agree with kingpc, you could have done better on options. myself was quoted 495 to do paint shield for front hood and emblems seem high. not picking but here in tx with title, doc fees aprox 240-270.00 total, based on family member on his 4th rx350 series which is in price area. 0.9 % amts to about $600.00 interest over term from what I remember, I would pay off in 24-30 mos so slightly less would be paid, I just did this for daughters civic, 16th b-day present brand new interest @ 1.9 %, she's 18 now about to college 3 hrs away just made last payment for title on the aug 3rd. Just saying different ways to do business, do you keep your 40k in investments for 3 yrs or put capital out for transaction. As long as buyer is happy and dealer is willing....a deal will be made. waiting for color - dark blue ( black saffhire ) to try and do my deal. Good to hear everyone's experienences.
    Radar

May I ask what area ( city, state) you purchased your lexus in
    I could have worded my post better. I think all the news attention that the media has given the government program has gotten people in dealer showrooms whether they have a car that qualify for the program or not. I think that the IS and ES lines are the only two cars that qualify for the program that Lexus sells.Your Ford , Chevy , Honda or Toyota dealer probably has four or five times as many clunker deals as Lexus does.
    jreyna Hello I purchased our new ES 350 at Herb Chambers Lexus in Sharron Mass. They were very easy to deal with. This had to be the easiest car that I have bought. They also had all of the colors in stock with the equipment that we wanted. Good luck!
  • v4fv4f Member Posts: 3
    Brought home a sliver ES 350 (BE FS HL NV PA PT WU Z1 WF)

$37900 + 2653 (7% tax) + 274(4 yr plates) + 264(documents) = $41091 on the road
    Well kingpcgeek I don't know if I would say I am a dealer's dream for the price I paid for the price I paid for the dealer options, The paint protection lists at $995 (I paid $800), the gold lexus emblems list for $799, I paid $600 and the pinstripe lists for $279 and I paid $200. I had 2 other car dealers let me walk out the door when I offered a lower price on these options and they were getting a higher price for the car itself and the fees. They probably still made a little on these options since there is a huge markup but I'd say I'm more of a nightmare for them than a dream....
  • rparisrparis Member Posts: 368
    What was MSRP?