Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Lexus ES 350 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• lokesh_mrlokesh_mr Member Posts: 2
    Hi,
    I also live in Boston area and thinking of buying ES350. Could you share your car details, like options you purchased and the price? Appreciate your help.

Thanks,
    Lokesh
  • radar6radar6 Member Posts: 28
    jreyna did you order a Black Sapphire or is there one coming in? I bought the Black Sapphire with a grey interior. You will like the color its very nice. Ours came with WF,Z1,NV,PT,HL,PA,WU,BE,FS and BM was added by dealer and thrown in to deal. The only option we would have liked was the HN power sun shade which doesn't come in our area. Didn't know how long it would have taken to get car. I saw car with HN listed in mid west. Whats an extra $210 when your spending close to 40K.
    Lokesh see my above post it lists options and color. Herb Chambers was dealer they have the most inventory colors and equipment etc. around here . Let me know if you need any other information. Radar
  • v4fv4f Member Posts: 3
    Retail Total
    Vehicle Base Model ..........................:$ 34470.00 $ 34470.00

Rear Seat Side Airbags ..................... 250.00
    Full Size Spare ............................ 205.00
    High Intensity Discharge Headlamps w/AFS ... 815.00
    Navigation System Includes: ................ 2650.00

Voice Activated DVD Navigation System w/Rear
    Camera, and Bluetooth ......................
    Intuitive Parking Assist ................... 500.00
    Premium Plus Package Includes: ............. 1280.00
    Perforated Leather Trim Interior with Memory

Driver''s & Front Passenger''s Seats, Outside
    Mirrors, and Power Tilt/Telescoping Steering
    Wheel, Heated and Ventilated Front Seats, ..
    Driver''s Power Cushion Extender, Rain-Sensing

Wipers .....................................
    (TOTAL MSRP VALUE OF OPTION $2,480.00) ...
    Wood & Leather Steering Wheel .............. 330.00
    Preferred Accessory Package: ............... 210.00

All Weather Mats ........................... 109.00
    --------- ---------
    Total Accessories ...........................: $ 6349.00 $ 6349.00

Destination Charge ..........................: $ 875.00

---------
    MSRP.......................................: $ 41694.00
  • jreynajreyna Member Posts: 15
    waiting to come in....2 @ two different dealerships are supposed to be getting one in...looking for pkg msrp @ 41600, same one you purchased sounds like.
    May I ask how much did the bm list for. Saw one that had molding and it looked very nice.

Congrats on purchase, I'm at point do I wait till december and try to see if one like I want is available then, taking a chance though with '10' model coming in may not be many 09's to choose from.
    Body side molding was put on by dealer they put the cost on paper work as 399.00 which reduced my 36957.00 to 36558.00. I guess it was done for the books. Moldings are very nice plus it protects side of car from doors and shopping carts. You are in Houston area I see some dealers in Dallis that have Black Sapphire in both grey and Ivory Int colors. It also looks like you will also get Rear sun shade included to. The cars down in your area don't come with all weather mats but you can get them from dealer. If you go to Yahoo autos enter your zip you will see cars at certain dealers in your area.
    cool. Will look up inventory through yahoo and check it out--thks.

Will definitely try some in Dallas area. Are you able to individual dealer web-site for say inventory @ Dallas dealer or another source is better alternative.
    The search shows some of the dealers in the search area not all though.I found four or five cars with the Black Sapphire and both interior colors. Enter es 350 in key word then enter zip code for area let me know how you make out.
  • smarty666smarty666 Member Posts: 1,503
    I wasn't going to buy the vehicle but rather lease it but I ran into the same problem you did with the dealerships; Bridgewater and Lawrence Lexus wouldn't even negotiate with me which got me frustrated because they were the closest dealers to me; I've heard from other people on edmunds that Ray Catena Lexus is the best for both buying and leasing in regards to choices and the best price so I most likely will be going down to them this month; thanxs for posting because it is reassuring to hear someone else having the same problem with the same dealership
  • jlumpjlump Member Posts: 4
    I received the following quote from a dealer in Raleigh last night for an 2009 ES350 w/o Navigation:

2009 ES 350: MSRP $34,470
    Premium Plus Package, Wood & Leather Steering Wheel, Rear airbags, Bluetooth audio, Full size spare, Cargo net, and Trunk mat (total options MSRP $2,502)
    Retail Value: $36,972
    Discount: $2,187
    Sales Price: $35,660

This is higher than Edmunds TMV of ~$34,600. Can I get a better deal?? Has anyone purchased a car similar to this one?
    yes should be able to do better. They are in 6% disc level....worse case should be able to get into 7-8 % off msrp and it wouldn't be a bad deal imo.

This was probably a starting point for them, even though most post you see here are with nav. option, if you look @ #'s you can calculate from them the discs being given. Like most Lexus markup is around 10- 10.5 % before getting into options where the real markup can be. Most books, etc will tell you if they( dealer ) can get 1-3 % on veh. it's good deal for both sides, they of course have other incentives that will make it more profitable for them. I'm still in buying stage..waiting on color/pkg but so far I've gotten 7 - 8.5 % disc off msrp between 2 dealers.
    Hope this helps !
    Good Luck
    G
  • kingpcgeekkingpcgeek Member Posts: 1,051
    MSRP and the discount from sticker shouldn't even be in the conversation now days when talking about buying a car. Invoice is your starting point when negotiating for a car. On almost all but the hottest selling or new cars (IS Convertible or G37 Convertible come to mind) you should be shooting for a selling price of invoice or less.
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
    I am not very good at negotiating, especially with 2 dealers. Did you just tell the second dealer your 1st quote directly and literally ask him if he could beat it? Or, were you more subtle? Any advise would be much appreciated!! Thanks!
  • bhusted007bhusted007 Member Posts: 5
    Smarty666, Glad to hear my posts helped someone. In addition to Ray Catena I recommend Lexus of Edison too. I submitted a price request from their web site (like I did with many others) and dealt with a nice guy who was willing to deal but we aren't supposed to put names and contact info here. Good luck!
  • bhusted007bhusted007 Member Posts: 5
    To Jlump, Yes you absolutely can tell the salesperson you received a better offer from somewhere else and aski can they beat it. I've been doing it for years as have many others and they are used to this now, especially by email. Some may be a bit more receptive than others but the only place that gave me any kind of attitude was Lexus of Bridgewater. You can also just make an offer and say "this is what I'm willing to pay" if you don't want to disclose that you have an offer from another dealer. In negotiations though you are better off if they salesperson knows that they are competing for your business. It's human nature to want to win in a competition and you will cut to the chase faster and hear less B.S. if they know you are talking to another salesperson.
  • pantene1pantene1 Member Posts: 2
    If you are in So. Cal area and recently purchased ES350, I would love to hear your comment on 2 quotes that I received yesterday.

1. $39200 OTD on ES 350 w/ NAV (MSRP $40,270)
    2. $37500 OTD on ES 350 w/o NAV (MSRP $ 37,920)

My tax would be 8.25%. Thanks!!!
    pantene1 what is the final price of the car? Did you add any extras like paint sealant or extended warranties? Your State taxes and fees are what they are. What counts is the amount your sales tax was based on..
    kingpc,

that may be true with certain makes/models but not the case with BMW, LEXUS, etc...simply because they dont have to. Take a look at all the selling price pts on these treads and you will maybe see 1-2 were able to purchase @ inv., and these were early in yr. when economy was in turmoil more than currently. So you can take from the bottom or top to reach price point you're looking to achieve, key being knowing aprox. cost veh. is costing dealer, they are a made for profit Co.

Good luck to everyone.
  • pantene1pantene1 Member Posts: 2
    OTD (Out The Door) is the final price which includes all fees (tax & lic). No extra was added. Does anyone know how much is reg/lic. fee for 09 ES350 in California?
    As bhusted mentioned cut to chase and let them know some things right off the bat. Like car mark-up is 10- 11 % before options where most options are 15-20 % mark-up and higher. Knowing or having close # of their cost will go a long way to your leverage. You should strive for 34k - 34.6 and wouldn't be bad deal imo.. One more thought if you are willing to pay $ 14.00, go to consumer reports online or call and you will get an instant dealer cost on specific vehicle w/ details on what options are costing Dealer.
    that may be true with certain makes/models but not the case with BMW, LEXUS, etc...simply because they dont have to

Sorry but Lexus's and BWMs are selling at invoice or better. I got a quote for an IS250 last month at invoice, and that was with zero negotiating. I also received a quote for a 328 for $1000 below invoice. I wound up getting a G37 for $1000 under invoice with my $1000 customer loyalty discount because they are the best value of the three
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
    Congrats. Different markets will yield different results or could be that your just better than the rest of us on this forum, because based on what I'm getting and what people are stating here, @ invoice is not happening.

Again congrats on your purchase !
    Back to my point, I think people should be talking pricing in terms of relation to invoice, not MSRP. Over on the G35/37 pricing forum everyone discusses prices in terms of invoice except for one, and that one is a sales manager at Sewell Infiniti in TX.
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
  • nfjnrnfjnr Member Posts: 25
    I received the following quote from a dealer in Tampa last night for an 2009 ES350 w/o Navigation:
    MSRP $37920.00,Premum plus package plus preferred acessories

Offer from dealer $34980.00.

Any thoughts on if I could do better?

Thanks Nick
    I received an offer from a dealer in Charlotte for $36,405.89 OTD with XM radio included on the ES350. North Carolina sales tax is 3% and I think the doc/tag fee is ~$550. I hope that helps!
  • playamdxplayamdx Member Posts: 7
    Hi,

I just read about your deal, and this is exactly the car that I am looking for. I'm in the bay area but wouldn't mind driving to LA. I called the dealership yesterday and the person I talked to wanted 38,000 + TTL. Can you give me the name of your sales rep and when you bought it and maybe that person might be able to help me out.

I really appreciate it.

Thanks

tl4life@gmail.com
  • nkbuynkbuy Member Posts: 25
    If you are in the bay area, did you consider talking to putnam lexus or stevens creek lexus? I purchased my vehicle end of june from Stevens Creek as it was closer to my residence.
    The sales rep at Putnam is an asian and you can find his details on yelp.
    You can also talk to the Internet manager at Stevens Creek.
    Another good offer i got was from the lexus dealership in oakland.

thx
  • nick81982nick81982 Member Posts: 14
    I would say talk with Putnam Lexus in Redwood City as when I bought my car, they offered by far the lowest price as well as were easiest to deal with as far as giving upfront pricing without any haggle. Stevens Creek offer was 1k higher than what Putnam quoted for my car and even after back and forth won't match Putnam's price. It was a no brainer for me even though Putnam is about 20 miles from my house whereas Stevens Creek is just 5 miles away.
    I will concur with you on that regard. Putnam quoted the lowest and was no haggle whatsover. In my case Stevens Creek wanted to match, for which I said there is no incentive, so they lowered it by couple of hundreds more.
    Great to know that you were successful in having Stevens Creek beat Putnam's price. In my case, they allowed me to walk and take my business to Putnam. I was put off by SC's salesman's attitude which was completely opposite to Putnam's salesman...ohh well I dealt with a wrong person I guess. :mad:
    btw:: it was your posting on yelp that prompted me to reach out to the salesperson at putnam you worked with to get the lowest quote. So thank you!
    Looks like you also looked at the TL before going with the ES. Same here!

Playamdx: i would suggest you look up nick81982's posting on yelp(look at his previous posting on this forum for the nickname used there) and talk to the same
    guy at putnam.
    Thanks....I'm glad that we are able to utilize this forum to help each other to get the best prices. I was impressed with TL features but couldn't get over its ugly design, glad that I chose ES :) .
  • drbspdrbsp Member Posts: 1
    Nick,
    I am interested in knowing if the Tampa dealership included Satellite Radio in the preferred package as well as the 50K or 100K warrantee. Was that an OTD price?
    I can't help you in that regard as I'm located in SF Bay area and not tampa bay area. :surprise:

May be some other folks can chime in....good luck with your research. :)
  • 10sfan10sfan Member Posts: 136
    I also am in the process of deciding between the TL and ES. So far the best lease number was on the TL. Still working on the ES number in the Chicago area. Would appreciate any feed back on reasons for selecting the ES over the TL. Am a current Acura owner but wife loves the ES.
  • hannahcallanhannahcallan Member Posts: 8
    I would check Ride w/ G on the internet...

www.ridewithg.com

great site for research and current lease rates on many cars. I think he quotes for 15,000 miles, so you can add 3% (I think) to the residual for a 10,000 mile/ yr lease. Get the ES, love this car!!!
  • a1s1a1a1s1a1 Member Posts: 25
    I had bought a new 2004 TL in 2004 which I had used for 55K miles and finally sold it six months ago. I debated the TL vs ES issue also and ended up getting an ES UltraLux Package with panoramic roof, Mark Levinson. etc,etc.

Here is my take on the current TL;

1. Nice if you like the shape
    2. Sportier to drive than ES
    3. Better sound system (ELS premium than ES base sound, not Mark Levinson)
    4. Available in AWD

My issues with 2004 TL were numerous which includes fit, finish and rattles mainly.

The current ES is;

a dream to drive
    more prestigious
    better looking than current TL (subjective)
    'A' class fit and finish
    more reliable
    better dealership experience
    a little bit more expensive than TL (top of the line TL versus top of the line ES)

I had also looked into G37 as prior to TL I had owned an infiniti I35. I would rate G about the same as TL in terms of the charecteristics as noted above. I had tried the 3 series BMW and I would rate it as inferior to TL and G ( again subjective)

In the end they are all highly rated cars and you can't loose with any of the above .

Good luck with your new purchase.
    You are better off going to the place where he cut and paste them from. You will get them quicker and you can post a request as well.

Leasecompare.com
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
    Here is my reasoning why i went with the ES after considering the TL AWD for a considerable period of time.

Keeping the look of the car aside:
    ES was smoother and quiter in the ride(TL ride was little bumpy and my wife tends to get motion sickness. For a sporty ride..would definitely consider the TL)
    ES can easily sit 3 adults in the back seat with no issues. TL: 2 adults and a small child(check out the big bump in the middle seat floor for acura..a person would have to sit uncomfortably in my opinion). Not that i have so many folks travelling all the time.
    Financing was 1% cheaper for the lexus.

If you want the latest technology, and the above points are not an issue for you, i would definitely consider the TL.
  • in23llsin23lls Member Posts: 2
    i just bought a 09 es350 here in bay area, has the nav plus park assist and rear sunshade, msrp was $40980 got a otd price of $39376. do you guys think if its worth the maintenance plan platinum for $3995. what they will do is service your car every 5k miles which includes oil change and tire rotation for up to 50 k miles. also w/ the $3995 is extend the bumper to bumper warranty from 4 yrs/50 k to 7 yrs/100k. for sure ill be owning the car for as long as it last.
  • nfjnrnfjnr Member Posts: 25
    Took delivery yesterday of 2009 ES 350, tungsten pearl,lt gray interior.MSRP $37920.00,Invoice $34,250.00, I paid $34300.00 not including tax ,tags etc.All done over internet, just spent 2 hrs at dealer taking delivery. Documentation fee $ 599.00 . Quite high but I believe is standard in this part of Florida. Car also came with pinstripe,door edge cup guards, and purigen in the tires which I didnt ask for nor was charged. Are the last 3 standard on the ES?
    Congrats on your purschase. Did not know they are able to get cars with rear sunshade now in the bay area. When i was looking around, the neared dealer who had a car with sunshade was in the oregon region. What was the msrp on the maintenance and extended warranty? I believe you can bargain it down. If you prefer going to the dealership for servicing then i would think it is worth it. Not sure about the extended warranty if it is worthwhile.
  • 10sfan10sfan Member Posts: 136
    I appreciate all the information you and the others who took the time to reply with detail on the reasons for your selection of the ES over the TL. I am replacing an RL and love the ride, etc, I do not need that size of a vehicle for that price.
    Therefore, the TL or the ES was the compromise. We will go for the ES.
  • in23llsin23lls Member Posts: 2
    well the maintenance is worth $3995 no tax, and they will also extend my warranty from 4 yrs/50k mile to 7 yrs/100k mile for no charge which that alone is worth $2495. you in order to get the extended warranty for free i have to pay the $3995 for the maintenence which they will pick up the car in my possesion, put it on a flat bed tow truck and do the maintenance in the dealership, at the same time give me a loaner car while my car is in the shop.. they will do these every 5k miles up to 50k miles.
    Have you ever looked at the required maintenance of any modern car now days? Every 5,000 (10k for BMW) oil change and inspect brakes, fluids etc. Every so often they recommend a tire rotation and cabin filter. I pay my Infiniti dealer $45 for an oil change and he does all of the required inspections. I have bought tires through the years at Discount tire so they will do rotations for free for me even if the car isn't wearing their rubber. So I pay about $90 a year for maintenance and every once in a while I buy a new cabin filter.
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
    I was quoted 2200 for the 50k/4 yrs maintenance plan which if i recall right was able to negotiate it down to 1800-1900 range.
  • tambaydrivertambaydriver Member Posts: 26
    Hey nfjnr:

Do you have a contact that you can pass along and please provide any options you may have included in the final price.

Thanks
  • notoriousakgnotoriousakg Member Posts: 6
    I was quoted $556 for 42 months for a 2009 ES350 with Premium Plus - Navigation (No Mark Levinson or Ultra Luxury Package)

Total Drive off is $900 which includes 1st months payment

Is this a good deal?

I was also looking at the 2009 C300 4matic Sport with Premium 2 package including AMG Sport Package - i was quoted $565 for 39 months with $900 drive-off

Which one is the better deal? Any ideas? Thanks!
  • suraja12suraja12 Member Posts: 8
    just purchased 2010 ES350 MSRP 44094.00 - nav / ultra package / all weather mats

paid 40500.00 plus taxes

great car
  • areddy1areddy1 Member Posts: 1
    Got my new 2010 ES 350 in Houston, TX for 40,200 + TTL

Features : HDD Navigation System + PP + Wood & Leather Steering Wheel + (HID) Headlamps w/Adaptive Front Lighting System (AFS) + (PA) Intuitive Parking Assist
    (HN) Power Rear Sunshade + (BE) Rear Seat Side Airbags + (FS) Full Size Spare Tire + (Z1) Preferred Accessory Pkge. (Cargo Net, Wheel Locks, Luggage Mat)