Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Lexus ES 350 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• lexhoulexhou Member Posts: 81
    edited March 2010
    mw03.....here is the options--codes my car will have .
    FS...HH...HL..HN..LR...NV...PA..WU..Z2 an addition will be getting clear sheild-3m prod, and tint seperate from dealer.

GOOD LUCK !
  • radar6radar6 Member Posts: 28
    edited March 2010
    Its killing me too I would like the 2010 model its the same color in and out that we bought in July Black Sapphire with gray int.No ones messed with car yet either still has plastic on seats . For some reason in northeast Lexus does not send many cars with ML sound system or power rear sunshade. I didn't think they had Prem plus package this year none of nav cars have them up here. Options are listed separately on sticker also power driver seat extender only comes on UL package this year at least on cars I looked at. One consolation the Black Sapphire car here has grey Int I think you wanted Parchment. Here are options on ours PA,NV,PT,HL,BM,Z1,BE,WU,WF,FS Would have liked HN,VN. Oh well timing is everything in this world to day.
  • krishnarkrishnar Member Posts: 12
    Did you purchase the car from Park place Lexus?
    Where did you buy you car? Can I also ask what was the price before TTL? It seems from this forum that the going rate for this car appears at least $5000 below MSRP.
  • drd8drd8 Member Posts: 9
    Not yet. But I am looking to purchase the vehicle this month. From what I have read March is a good month to purchase the ES.

Have you spoken with anyone at Park Place?
  • john418john418 Member Posts: 1
    Hi Kitnc,

I am living in NC and looking to get one. Would be great if you could share with me the dealership name from which you bought your car. Appreciate your help.
  • kitnckitnc Member Posts: 4
    Hi John418...let me know your email. I will email it to you personally.
    Heck I may be mistaken..and it's not called prem plus this yr...because I've looked deeply since summer last yr..then made decision to wait till 2010 came out once I heard it has chnages that I liked. As mentioned not sure there's much else car could have come with w/o being UL pkg..so we'll have to be good as is...did get black sapphire thats why having to wait..cause it was coming in by boat..to LA....Long Beach, Ca port then on to Dallas. And yes did prefer parchment over gray. I will update once I finally p/u vehicle.
  • radar6radar6 Member Posts: 28
    I did a search through Yahoo Autos and your right only found two UL in Texas. I did a search around my area came up with just about every color with UL package with in a 100 mile radius Not to rub it in but found 5 2010 ES 350 Black Sappire with UL,VN,PA with in 50 miles three of them had Parchment int. Do you feel like visiting North East and driving one home to Texas? I know the dealer around me sells below invoice which I believe would be in the high 38K figure for that car. Wish I could trade 2009 in 2010 is nicer wife would not like it.LOL Let me know if I can be any help and good luck.
    Might use that as excuse to t/i in about 3 yrs...upgrade to UL pkg....actually wife almost said no to car we're purchasing because she didnt want to hear later about how i wish it has ML stereo..will try not to complain. im in the 37.5 range for veh.....anything under 40k would be excellent for ul...more options you get more room to get #'s lower...mine is about 200.00 below inv. on paper as mentioned very satisfied with deal...understanding they need to make money on car also...stayed away from holdback, xtra incentives they receive..I mentioned I would not get into that and believe they respected me for it...so all is good. Sure I will enjoy it very much....but yes were set already bought plane tiks 50.00 one way so not bad and will drive Ms LEXUS HOME after spending couple days in Big D--Spring Break with wife. Enjoyed the chat Radar...if you're ever interested get on Lexus forum good conversation and excellent way to keep up with goings on of Lexus ES350 or any Lexus model for that mattter.
  • hw03hw03 Member Posts: 9
    quanoname..With only 3% I my have to skip the UL package and select most of the options separately. Thanks for the stats!
    hw...the good news is like the one I'm about to purch is by far the most available..so it will have pretty all what you're wanting with exception of ML Stereo...the NAV pkg comes with most all other options already on veh...not alot dealer does as far as add ons....ex- 3m product, tint, dealer will do, everything else will with certain pkg..I was fortunate to be able to have mine have lip spoiler installed at port ( some thgs are done there ) and saved me good $'s.
    March is excellent time...good interest rates ( able to get 2.9@ 36 mos still...guess cause we agreed in Feb ) offering 3.9%...ask for 2.9....plus end of Quarter numbers. Good luck.
  • kitnckitnc Member Posts: 4
    Hi John418 and krishnar,
    I bought my car at Johnson Lexus in Raleigh. The sale rep is Travis Howard. He was very professional which never gave me pressure during the buying process. After the purchase, he took time to explain the features (especially bluetooth feature) and safety, warranty (one month vehicle check up service & personal prefer setting --free, 6 months free service and free alignment the car for one year). My car has nitro-fill (I am not sure this is standard in ES350). He registered it for me so that I can get free road service and tire replacement cost (in case something wrong with tire) in additional to 4 years Lexus road service. Anyway, he took care very details.
    If you purchase the vehicle from him, please let him know that I recommend him to you so that I can get $100 credit toward the service which is usually expensive at Lexus dealer.
  • sue2paksue2pak Member Posts: 25
    Hi,
    Our car just broke down and we are looking to purchase a an ES350. I found the one post for 34812 for ES350 with Nav but havent been able to talk anyone down that low. Idid get a quote for 39250 with Nav OTD price with 2.9% financing. Was your 37500 an OTD price or before TTL? Thanks. BTW, not sure what is included with all the codes, but the MSRP on the car is 41215. just wanted to make sure it was a good deal before we close!
    sue...my msrp was 40,501...same car as yours im sure there was just a price increase in Feb..your veh looking at was already in transit or on lot. Mine just arrived this week any event yes your price pt seems excellent what was quote before ttl & fees. also where are you located. Very satisfied with my deal under invoice by couple hundred $s so good enough for me. I added lip spoiler @ port which i think adds some nice touch to car. good luck I would say move frwd...let us know
    suepak....I looked back at post you referred to and as I thought THAT quote didnt have nav pkg plus few other options that nav comes with...was in 37-38k msrp range,,...so your good any; msrp 41000--42000 and can get to 37-38k range before ttl is doing excellent...plus 2.9% interest ( im getting 2.9 also ) seals the deal.
    Thanks Lexhou! Going in to close on the deal today. We are in MD.

The MSRP is 41215
    Cost before TTL is 36,704.21
    Taxes 2208 (6% in MD)
    Title 237
    Processing 100
    Out the Door 39,250.

I didn't realize that the nav came without the packages...when you try to build it on Lexus.com, it only comes with the package so I assumed that's what the previous poster had. Thanks so much for clarifying. I feel like I got a really great and the salesperson was super friendly. We actually worked out this quote with someone in VA but they got really shady when it came to closing the deal, so we called up the one in MD and the guy was really friendly and didn't give us a hard time and is even taking time out after work so show us how to do the bluetooth and XM and all that other stuff! The only issue I had was that they didn't have the exact car, i.e. the exterior and interior color combo that we liked, but Smokey Granite with light gray interior, so we are going with the black interior instead.
    suepak....congrats..hope evrything goes well...I can tell you that is an excellent deal....excluding the price increase which i cant control you're still about 400-500 less than mine..you must be a tough barganer..hope it all turns out well.
  • kennynmdkennynmd Member Posts: 424
    Seems like a really good deal. Which dealer in MD did you buy from?
  • jlumpjlump Member Posts: 4
    I live in Raleigh and am interested in a 2010 ES. Would you mind sharing the MSRP and out the door price for the car you purchased? Thanks!
    im in tx....sue pak was in md. my msrp 41501.00. purch veh at 37550 plus ttl & fees .
    hi Kenny,
    We are getting it from the Silver Spring Lexus. YOu can email me and I will tell you the name of the guy we worked with who was wonderful! I had called them the day before and another guy didn't even call me back.
    Can you tell me which dealership you are purchasing from? Also I looked at your previous emails but I am not clear what options you have on the car. Would you be able to list them again. Sorry to ask something redundant.

Krishna
    Krishnar...go look at post # 2357 ...where I listed the codes are most. As mentioned there will be many veh with the msrp of $ 41501.00 or possibly 41215.00 depending on how long vehicle has been on dealer lot. This is very common pkg...pretty much loaded except the UL--mark levison stereo/ pano roof...very few of these are on lots. I had lip spoiler put on @ port of enrty will be p/u car next Monday @ Sewell Lexus.dallas.......live in Houston suburbs.
    Hope this helps

p.s they can email you the codes that come on the baseline price I gave you very common again......Navigation plus add-ons...good luick
    I tried to look up your email and its listed as "private". Can you email me the information such as salesperson, MSRP price, your price, taxes, etc. I was going to stop by Lexus Silver Spring before I knew you bought from there. This will give me a head start. Also, how was their selection??
  • kstatefankstatefan Member Posts: 7
    After literally months of talking my wife and I have decided on an ES 350. It will be her car and she is very specific about colors (Obsidian with Parchment interior). The only option she wants is the heated seats and that isn't even a must. My questions have to do with how to get this exact car. We've contacted the only dealer in our area and were told that we had to take what was on the lot. I thought the customer had some say! It could be we just talked to the wrong person. But, can anyone here walk me through how to approach the dealer again? Our objective is to get this exact car at the same price that Edmunds.com says it should be. Are we naive? And, in your opinion, is the price listed on Edmunds reasonable or could we do better?
    kstate......

1. yes you are going to have to work with dealer on what is on lot.....you basically want the pkg that doesnt come with Navigation. shouldnt be much of a prob but keeping in mind the ES is going to come with alot of thigs standard and then the most common add-ons heated seats as you described and maybe few others...the cars are built in japan based on quickest turnaround time to sell.
    msrp for veh you're looking for prob will be 37-38,000 so probably have about 2,000.00 of accessories which you will appreciate and use.

2. IMO the edmonds figure is too high you can do better most do. Again imo you should shoot for 8-- 11% off msrp. Dealer inv ( not counting holdback/ incentives to dealer ) is in the 9--9.5% OFF MSRP....being you are not getting a ton of options--which have more mark-up anything in the 8- 9% disc range would be good deal, of course over and above would be excellent. end of qtr so timing is excellent also offering low int rates ask for 2.9%....they are advertising 3.9. last spend 14.00 @ consumers report website ..will email/ fax you
    true invoice price dealers have set. i personally dont try to get into their holdback/ incentive $'s comes to about 2%. I'm p/u veh 3/15 msrp 41820 and agreed on 37750.00. I'm satisfied with deal black sapphire/ parchment leather.

good luck..
    Hi kenny, Tried to email you, but it is private as well, so I changed my settings, and you should be able to email me now. There selection was decent...Not as great as some of the other dealership but the ease with which we wokred out a deal and he was great made it all worth it. Plus I think they just got the color car and interior that we want.
    Thanks. One question is that Lexus' website says that the $875 for handling and delivery (destination) is not included in MSRP. So does the final price you list 37550 is inclusive of that?
    yes my price includes the 875.00 destination chg.....it does not incl ttl & doc fees. all vehs on lot will show sticker price with 875.00 destination chg showing as part of total price. again I was like in 9.8% disc range off msrp which in my research is very good deal for this area...different areas/ regions will yield diff results and barganning power.
    sue2pak....were you able to complete your deal you had on table ? Looked very strong.
    lexhou,

Thank you so much for all the good information. Two follow-up questions. What are the costs included in the MSRP? Does this include the delivery charge for instance? Also, I've used Edmunds to look at the ES350 inventory within a 500 mile radius. There are only a few Black/Parchment models without the Nav system and they are all at least 300 miles away. So, is it just a matter of waiting or can you ask the dealer to bring one in for you?
    yes the msrp on vehicle will include destination chg. you can call/email someone @ dealer and they can send you the detailed list of items listed on that vehicle comparison your're wanting of another ( diff color ) one just like it in stock. Tell them color combo you want and they can see if its on the way or they can swap with dealer in proximity that may have one on way and they will just swap cars @ port of enrty so he can obtain color.
  • howard350howard350 Member Posts: 2
    Hi Lexhou, why you made a deal with Sewel not Park Place Lexus Plano? Is Sewel price better? Thanks in advance!
    If you noticed from prev Post...I actually live in Houston-suburbs....was'nt getting anywhere with 2 houston lexus dealers including one who I had purchased previously. Called Sewell spoke to SAles mgr and he offered veh @ Invoice within 20 min ph call....he also knew i had done extensive research and knew details.....ended up couple hundred $'s under inv after adding lip spoiler. Bottomline he earned my business by coming forth w/o having to go thru much haggling and the salesman he put me with has been very professional and responsive as we worked details. So far very impressed ; will fly to dallas and p/u car Monday...cant wait. Truly dont have history with either Park Place or Sewell Dallas. Are you actively shopping for ES350 ? lastly i dont beleive using someone else for another 100.00 or such...being in high end Sales Profession myself try to give little respect back since we ask for it ourselves in these situations.
    I tried to make my public as well. I still can't email you. Either way, can you email me at...pfcheungs@yahoo.com with the info plz. Right now I am between the ES350 and Audi A4. Thanks
  • howard350howard350 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for quick response! Yes or no to your question; yesterday Prius incident makes me nervous.
    prius incident irrelevant with my situation...dont follow all the media hype....people are piling on when they can....looking for quick dollar or BIG DOLLARS.
    Can you give me your contact at Sewell? I am going to talk to Park Place Plano. I would however want another option just in case it does not work.
    cant give salesperson name on this site
    Okay. Can you email it to me? My email address is krangar@hotmail.com
    lexhou,

I had the same thought of buying from a dealership out of town since there is only one here. Have you run into any downsides to purchasing from an out of town dealer? - other than having to travel to pick it up of course.
    krishnar...hate to say but @ this point you seem to be all over the place asking and looking in the forum. With due respect to my salesperson who I've yet to meet everything was done over ph/email dont want him to be used or played in selling situation. Seems imo if you can get 25.00 less from one dealer to next you will jump at it...just being honest dont want to put him in that situation...he has truly been very professional through the whole process and I can be very detailed and anal and he has responded always positively...as I said was just looking for what i thought isa good deal and they came through w/o all the haggles.
    first time I've purchased outside of Houston...so no prior experience. will let everyone know next week how things went but not anticipating any issues...even the finance mgr has emailed the exact monthly payment @ 36 mos--2.9 % int. i did it prior on financial calculator ( good one actually here on edmunds under new car..but have my own ) and we've agreed to the cents...like i told krishnar I'm kinda anal with this stuff and they have been great to this point...looking frwd to Monday and purchase.
    Yes, please do let us know how it goes. What you are doing is a model for what I will probably have to do. Good luck!
    Lexhou,

I appreciate any information you have shared. But if you are unwilling to share information, you can just say so. There is little reason to state that I am going to jump from dealer to dealer over 25 dollars. You were the one who shared that you were not able to get the kind of deal you are able to get in Dallas. I am trying to do exactly the same. No different. The purpose of this forum is to share information and in some cases gloat.

I am not trying to play anyone but at the same time do not want to get taken for a ride either. Hope everything works well with your car pick up on Monday.
    krishnar...thats a fair comment unfortunately I based on previous experience i had with someone that I wish i hadnt given some info to....so I judged you in that way also just being careful since although I have 100% agreement on said vehicle havent gone to p/u veh yet. I will provide you his name via email with the assumption that you dont bring me up untill after Monday...hope that is fair....again after reading my text it did appear that I was attacking you personally but was putting up sheild because of prior situation....my bad. Simple question for you....in your opinion does Park Place have the best reputation for Lexus in Dallas Metroplex.....since I'm not area dont really know about the comparison in dealers there. Good luck.....and if you truly want to purchase do it in March....not April.
    kstate....keep in mind that mind comes with navigation pkg and several other nice access. that automatically come with said pkg.....your msrp.will be in the 41200 -- 41,500 range but if your budget allows it....imo it sure is worth it...depends on need plus they have done some nice changes to navigation from 08-09 models based on info from lexus forum threads I've read.
    still beleive you should be able to find color ( obsedian ) very common with the non--nav pkg you are looking for. good luck...let us know how things go.
    krish...email sent...good luck!
    Hey Lexhou,

We did not close on the Lexus. The car was great, but since my parents were purchasing the car for their retirement, they were not sure after the the whole Prius incident yesterday even though I told them not to worry. So they ended up buying an Acura TL which they got for almost 2000 under invoice.
    I feel bad for the sales guy because he did a great job and we went in to see the car a few times and by the time they got the color that we wanted the prius incident happened and my parents were scared. He had everything ready for us and honored the price and everything, but we were the ones who backed out. I still think it is a great car, but want my parents to feel safe in whatever they drive. Thanks for all ofyour help Lex hou! Good Luck!