Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Lexus ES 350 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

patpat Member Posts: 10,421
edited January 2014 in Lexus
Talk about your ES 350 purchasing experiences here!

Comments

• robynlrobynl Member Posts: 38
    Anybody out there that has purchased/leased a UL. Are the dealers sticking to the MSRP. Seems to be the case in my area.
  • iycrraiycrra Member Posts: 24
    Yes. There are lots of posts pertained in other ES350 catagory about purchase price and etc...

Unless you are a very good business man (negotiator), you're better off going through internet(fleet dept).

I purchased an UL package last week. Got $3,000 off MSRP. But I live in Los Angeles where there are more competition. NOT FROM LONGO. They gave me $1,500 discount and the was it. They didn't want to negotiate with me nor did they care if they got business from me. Because they are SO BIG. And they didn't get business from me and they never will. And I live like 10 miles away from them.

The point being here is that yes, you can get discount. Don't show them you really love the car. Make'em fell like it's OK if you don't get the car from them.

If you live in smaller town, you might have to go further out a little bit. So hope this helps. The car is more than fabulous.

Good luck...
  • alfaynvalfaynv Member Posts: 5
    I am currently researching prices on the ES 350 with the UL package so will appreciate it if you will post the name of the source from which you purchased yours. Thanks very much.
  • iycrraiycrra Member Posts: 24
    Santa Monica was willing to deal. At least that's the impression I got. But I got the best deal from Glendale. Good luck.
  • vluuvluu Member Posts: 100
    I was first thinking about getting the Premium Plus w/ Nav, but the more and more I see the UL Package. I'm leaning that way. It has everything I'm really wanting. Can anyone in the DC/MD/VA who has bought an ES 350 UL Package... tell me your experiences?

thanks
  • beemertimebeemertime Member Posts: 20
    I am looking to purchased the premuim plus version of the es350 at MSRP 37,424 in CT area. I got a quote from the best customer service dealership rank by lexus 3 years in a row. They quoted me for straight MSRP no discount.

What are some of you guys been paying in the CT area?
  • carrelman2carrelman2 Member Posts: 80
    Get a copy of Saturday edition of New York Times. Go to Auto section, look thru ads until you see Lexus ads in small print.Call phone # and see the difference in price. Prestige Lexus Ramsey N.J.#1 Lexus dealer on East Coast.Make your deal, take bus to Ramsey. Good Luck. If you go to their website you can see their inventory.
  • kumar2kumar2 Member Posts: 12
    Folks..just bought the ES 350 with Ultra Lux with Mark Levinson in SIlver with Grey Interiors from Coliseum Lexus in Oakland (SF Bay Area).
    Paid 1000 over invoice (39300 Approx + Tax and reg). Excellent service from the dealer with a pleasant experience.
    Will add post later about experiences with the car.
  • mattvdsmattvds Member Posts: 2
    I got the black with black interior. My car also had dealer installed $3000 crome rims. I got $3000 knocked off so I paid MSRP... but i still think its a decent deal cause i got free rims.

I also added on the "black kit".. which cost 600 bux or so... In retrospect i probably shouldn't of paid that much for it.. all well.

I'm a first time buyer, so i'm not very good at haggling for deals.. but my dealer was very nice and it was a pleasent buying experience. Now if i can only get the wind issue fixed.... :cry:
  • x10acnx10acn Member Posts: 3
    Steer clear of Lindsay. They're unwilling to negotiate on any version of the ES 350 that has premium packages of any kind, at least that was my experinece. My sales rep claimed that they are selling the ES 350 at MSRP...period. He did finally budge but only after upping the initial price by $700 to add the rear collision avoidance and a full-sized spare (options I had no interst in) and then offering a $750 discount. So at that point, I was only $50 ahead of where I started and I went in well informed about the actual invoice for the car and all options. Good luck and let us know if you are successful. I'm about to try Pohanka.
  • devonstreetdevonstreet Member Posts: 1
    If you are close to the Massachusetts border, you may want to try Lexus of Norwood--I just picked up my 2007 ES 350 Lexus and they were definitely interested in dealing--They gave me well above blue book on my trade-in and I had gotten prices from 2 other dealers. This is my 5th Lexus and performance-wise it is far above all the others.
    Steer clear of Lindsay. They're unwilling to negotiate on any version of the ES 350 that has premium packages of any kind, at least that was my experinece. My sales rep claimed that they are selling the ES 350 at MSRP...period. He did finally budge but only after upping the initial price by $700 to add the rear collision avoidance and a full-sized spare (options I had no interst in) and then offering a $750 discount. So at that point, I was only $50 ahead of where I started and I went in well informed about the actual invoice for the car and all options. Good luck and let us know if you are successful. I'm about to try Pohanka.

Thanks for the info. I actually test drove the ES350 at Lindsay. I have heard off of other post...people getting getting up to $2,300 off, but who knows if this is really reality?? Seems that UL is still in low inventory for all dealers. I tend to see more of the Premium Plus w/ Nav and Premium Package. Lindsay seems to have the largest inventory. I still have not ruled out buying further out if I can't get a deal around here. I have heard of dealers doing a delivery drive to some customers. Let me how Pohnaka pans out?
  • memphianmemphian Member Posts: 1
    Just bought a Premium package. Included chrome wheels and window tint. Bought outright, no trade. Price $3200 off "adjusted" MSRP with wheels and tint.

Good hunting!
  • oilcan2oilcan2 Member Posts: 120
    Check ebay under lexus es350,cars and trucks,found a leasing co. selling/leasing es350s.I looked at their site
    but thats all I did,might be worth checking.
  • cc2010cc2010 Member Posts: 16
    Anyone out there that can share buying experiences in the Seattle/Bellevue area? Looking for an ES 350..haven't decided on the trim level, but definitely want the NAV.
  • shop4mywifeshop4mywife Member Posts: 36
    We are in Seattle area. On our first visit to LoB (Lexus of Bellevue), we were offered about $1200 off MSRP on an Almond UL Package; the dealer twisted some numbers around; it's actually $1000 off in our calculation. We counterred $1000 over invoice, and were politely refused. The Almond isn't exactly the color my wife wanted anyway, so we passed on the negotiation. It appears that LoB is willing to negotiate. I would start at $1000 over the invoice and gradually lift the ceiling. (Please) do not pay the MSRP.

Be sure to use the invoice from KBB.com. Good luck. Please share your experience with us.
    No, I'd rather buy another car than pay MSRP. Have you or anyone out there used the Costco program? I've looked at invoice numbers at consumer reports and just looked at Costco's invoice pricing, but I'll check out kbb.com. Shouldn't they all be the same?
    We thought of the Costco program, but we haven't had the time to pick up the brochure yet. We don't really know if they have a good price.
  • jwillejwille Member Posts: 1
    :confuse: Costco did not offer a Lexus in Seattle. They sent me to Portland. Portland said that the Costco price was $650 off MSRP, but they are willing to offer $1000 off MSRP. I said I'll wait.
    Jwille, thank you for sharing the information. It seems like we can do better without using Costco.
    I called Costco. Only participating dealer in WA is in Spokane. I would say they would have to have an awfully attractive price to go all the way there. No harm in calling, I'll share if I find out anything. I think it all depends on the make, demand, etc. I know Costco's price on certain Toyotas was like $400 over invoice. No price break on the Avalon, however.
    Thank you for sharing, cc2010. Yes, we'd like to hear how it goes.
  • hwisehwise Member Posts: 1
    I stopped by the local Lexus dealer today for 1st test drive. I am not looking to purchase for some 60 days as I am coming off lease. The salesman told me he had sold a Royal Ruby ES350 with Cashmere and Premium Plus option to an individual who decided they do not like the cashmere leather and want one with black leather. They have placed an order for yet another 350. It should be in in about a month. When it comes in, they will have a used 2007 to sell. Anybody have any ideas on what a low mileage, used 2007 should go for?
  • kmcampbellkmcampbell Member Posts: 1
    Has anyone had experience in Houston? I have one dealership that says they'll come off the price $500-$1000. Another says they're charging sticker.
  • fram_dudefram_dude Member Posts: 7
    i just put a deposit on es350 with lexus of norwood for a premium package with HID, basically the car with 37424 MSRP.
    final price with tax,title,reg..comes to 37500.
    basically its a discount of 1900 on the msrp. that's all i got. much more than what Ira was willing to go.
    i am not an expert negotiator,basically i got tired of haggling after a point. so in my view 1000 above invoice is a dream deal...not much can happen at this point, not in the boston area. i believe the market is tight. maybe this month. 2 months from now...more cars on dealers lots...you might see the 1000-1500 above invoice deals here.
    right now i would say if you can get a car 2000 above invoice that is a good deal. norwood for some reason was reluctant to go above or come close to the 2000 discount from MSRP.
    my experiences...hope to get the delivery next week. looking forward to drive the car. my first LEXUS.
    I think you got a great deal. Congratulations. What color do you have?
    black with black interior. one of the things i was hoping to see was more posts about e350 in the boston area, before i went to buy. hopefully this gives an idea for people who are looking to buy in the future.
  • jimbresjimbres Member Posts: 2,025
    On Friday, my wife placed an order for a tungsten pearl / light grey Ultra at Rallye Lexus in Glen Cove. Agreed-upon price is $43,384 before TTL, which represents a $700 discount from MSRP.

This is not a great deal. I would rather have postponed the purchase until later this year, after Infiniti rolls out the new G35. I firmly believe that Lexus dealers will be much more willing to negotiate when the ES 350 is no longer the hot new ride. But my wife had promised to sell her '99 ES 300 to a young cousin who needs a car before school opens in September, so she didn't feel that we could wait much longer.
  • jcassellajcassella Member Posts: 1
    On Saturday, I purchased a new ES 350 black/black with the ultra luxury package (every option less the pre-collison detection). The MSRP was $43,989. My price minus TTL was $40,850. Not bad considering the car is in very high demand and the ultra-luxury package with additional options is very hard to come by (at least in the northeast).

Has anyone been able to negotiate better than $40,850 with the top of the line options package?
    Wow, which dealership did you go to? That's an excellent deal.
  • ctk1ctk1 Member Posts: 79
    Check out the Lexus of WaterTown. I have a great buying experiences with the sale man. I got a good deal (3000 off the sticker price)when purchasing the new RX330\2004 when it just comming out.
    Since then I refer my friends and relatives to Lexus of Watertown.

Good luck
    Please share the dealership and state you bought from?

Thanks
  • kishoreykishorey Member Posts: 3
    I was at Watertown Lexus 2 weeks back for a short time, on a sunday afternoon. The sales person was courteous and mentioned MSRP of 37k for premium package and 40k for premium + nav. He said there may be a room for $500 in price. Wondering if there are any other data points for Boston.

Given the tight pricing on this car, I am looking at the RL as well. Any thoughts on RL vs. ES 350?
    I did a quote for an UL ES350 over an email to Lindsay Lexus. They quoted me MSRP. I have to say... I'm very disappointed with my reply. Is the UL still in high demand or are these dealers still staying tight to MSRP.

I really want the UL package... but if MSRP is all I can get offered, then I may have to down grade to a Premium Plus w/ NAV. Not sure if I can get a better deal on this level trim instead.

Any feed back from anyone in the DC/MD/VA that has just recently purchase an ES 350?
    I had gotten my Ultra Lux with Mark Levinson etc. at 39300 (1000 over invoice) with COliseum Lexus in SF Bay Area
  • tagbtagb Member Posts: 1
    I went fishing at the end of May and found the dealers in San Antonio, Austin and 3 in Houston were playing the waiting game - each holding to near invoice, but anxious to hear if any of the others offered me better. But demand was so much greater than supply in the area that they had little reason to drop. At that time, the best I got was $500 off MSRP (Nav w/Prem Plus pkg that MSRPs for $40,749.) I was going to have another go at the end of this month to see what happens. I may try Dallas too. Anyone with experience in DFW?
    $500 of MSRP is not a good deal. i got an ES350 for $1900 of MSRP, i was aiming for $2000 off atleast, but the dealer would not budge. he emphatically said NO. i could have said SCREW YOU and walked off, but my old car was having transmission issues and i was driving a rental for few days, so i wasn't going to haggle around for extra 200-300 dollars. so i decided to go ahead and agree for $1900 of MSRP. if you are not in a hurry, try getting it for atleast $2200 -2400 off MSRP. the market might loosen up after July 4th. the car drives nice, i am enjoying it.
    check out Lexus of Norwood. the fact that i really hate is these dealers try to fool you around when you buy the car and yet they want you to give them "outstanding " rating when it comes to customer feedback...after your car purchase.i said i will think about it.
  • megjaspermegjasper Member Posts: 1
    I bought a 2007 ES 350 from Mission Viejo Lexus yesterday. I had called the dealership & spoke with the internet guy to see if they had a black one w/o navigation. They had one, the sticker price on the car was $38k & some change. I asked him if they were dealing on them & he said that the internet price on it was $34,433. Over $4000 off sticker price. I didn't have to haggle. GREAT buying experience!!!
  • wintermelonwintermelon Member Posts: 18
    Kumar,
    That's a great deal. Congrats! Did you have to do a lot of negotiating and shopping around or were they pretty straightforward?
  • mmenonmmenon Member Posts: 6
    Hi
    I got the following quote from a delaer $35133 for lexus with premium plus package

Leather interior which includes leather and wood trim on steering wheel and gear shift knob
    - Dual front power seats with driver and passenger memorized seat positions. Driver seat cushion extender and 2 memory positions, which memorize seat, steering wheel, and outside mirror positions. Moonroof with tilt and sunshade
    - HID (High Intensity Discharge headlights)
    - Rear electronically controlled sun shade and rain sensing wipers that adjust automatically according to however heavy the rain/snow is falling
    - Dual front heated and ventilated seats for those cold winter nights and hot summer days
    - Electrochromic auto dimming inside/outside mirrors which tilt down while in reverse
    - In dash 6-disc changer, bluetooth technology, and dual temperature zone control
    - Power tilt/telescopic steering wheel
    - 17” alloy wheels with summer tires and a full size spare
    - Front, side, curtain, and knee airbags
    - Preferred accessory pkg which includes: Cargo net, cargo mat, and wheel locks

Is this a good deal , please let me know

regards
  • carrelman2carrelman2 Member Posts: 80
    What is the price today have to do with what it will be in about a month. There are a few ships on the water now bringing more ES 350's to the dealers. Right now the dealers are having a field day with supplies being short and demand being high. As soon as that changes to demand being low and inventory being high you will see the market change.It happens with every new car that is brought to market
  • mmenonmmenon Member Posts: 6
    I Concur with your statement, I got a no hassle quote from Mission Viejo for Premium Plus Package w/o Navigation for $34,382.
  • 54gradsteds54gradsteds Member Posts: 102
    Using Edmunds' numbers, I feel that an ES-350 with ultimate package ($29,410 + $4,378) plus $695 freight and tacking-on a flat $1,000 profit is a MORE THAN fair offer to any dealer. Has a anyone found a dealer willing to go for an offer like that? If not, I'll put my money elsewhere!
  • maximafanmaximafan Member Posts: 592
    I assume you're talking about the Ultra-Lux
    package. If so, isn't the MSRP something
    north of $43,000 for an ES350 with the Ultra-
    Lux package? It sounds like your numbers
    would probably be a little low if it's with
    the Ultra-Lux package. Right now, the best
    we've seen on these boards so far is possibly
    39,000 for an ES with Ultra-Lux package.
  • kat101kat101 Member Posts: 14
    You're forgeting that the UL package requires Navigation w/ Premium Audio ($2230) or Navigation w/ Mark Levinson ($3350). That brings the invoice to at least $36,713 (inc. freight).
  • 54gradsteds54gradsteds Member Posts: 102
    Perhaps you're both correct, but you know, this is the only manufacturer who seems to have a pricing schedule deliberately designed so that you are actually REQUIRED to "pile-on" on one package in order to select another one! In my estimation, this constitutes a genuine rip-off of consumers, and in reality, makes the Avalon Limited an even BETTER buy! I can truly live without the snob appeal, if that's what it will take to avoid being royally gouged ! I've just about reached three score and ten, and I'm not only too old to be hustled like this, I'm also too damned smart !
    Wintermelon
    They were pretty straight forward...I had the same price accepted by two dealerships ..but this dealership had the color I wanted.
    We exchanged a few emails and phone calls...and had agreed to the price even before I went in there.
    The Coliseum Lexus folks were very nice...an extremely good experience. We were done in 30-40 mins. The salesporson took an hour to walk through all the high tech features...which got me off to a good start.
  • ctlctl Member Posts: 129
    Perhaps you are just cheap? :) just kidding. You probably haven't tried to buy a MB or BMW, to know what a "royal gouge" is like. One really need to pay to buy these luxury cars, so those owners must snob for good reasons :)

I found that it is a reality check as to where one's "money mentality" is. I can buy 30 of these with cash if someone hold a gun to my kids. But, I couldn't buy one over a Camry or Avalon from not wanting to be "rip-off". I am still working on paying for luxury things and letting others make money off me :)
  • maximafanmaximafan Member Posts: 592
    I get frustrated with the Lexus packages too,
    although of all the Lexus models, I feel that
    the 2007 ES seems like a real winner no matter
    what package or trim you decide to get. I'm
    one of those people who appreciates a nice
    sound system also, and would love to be able
    to get the ML system, mainly due to my
    unappreciation, I guess I should say, after
    listening to the base sound system in two
    different RX330's. In fact, the navigation
    system isn't really high up on my wish list,
    but I love a nice-sounding audio system!
    I may not be able to spring for an ES with
    the Ultra-Lux package. I'll have to see
    how it goes come negotiation time. I would
    love to hear from those of you in regards to
    the 2007 ES's base audio system. Any
    feedback would be appreciated.
    We have been getting quotes from out of state dealerships that quotes are at least $1500 off MSRP. Don't listen to the BS from dealers who fancy a less than $800 room for negotiation.

We also refused to play the game of having to make deposit and pay MSRP in order to get the color that we want. The dealerships created the "pre-sold" market to make it looked more demanding than it actually is. We have seen the same UL sitting in the ground for weeks still being unsold.