Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Lexus ES 350 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• tdohtdoh Member Posts: 298
    $500 over invoice is a great deal on an ES 350; congrats on your purchase!
  • lookinginscvlookinginscv Member Posts: 17
    Thank you. Still busy with reading the manuals. So far, so good.
  • jc76ersjc76ers Member Posts: 3
    did they give you a fair price for your trade-in? was it below or above the KBB trade-in price? Did you get your UL with the ML system or just the premium?

BTW, excellent deal on the car! hope i can get the same.
  • black_sparrowblack_sparrow Member Posts: 7
    I am about to purchase my ES350 with Premium Plus and Navi. The MSRP with some extra options (parking assist, Wood, rear shade etc.) is coming in at $41,522.
    The best price so far is $300 over invoice, $37,293.
    Anyone done better, locally here?

I am looking at Smoky granite, Ruby Royal and Black Sapphire. Any recommendations?

thanks
  • lookinginscvlookinginscv Member Posts: 17
    Excellent price on trade-in. Right at KBB trade in value in August... but since deal took 7 weeks, the trade in offer turned out to be actually above KBB trade in value. I'm very satisfied.

The UL has ML, Park Assist, and spoiler....
  • theclutchtheclutch Member Posts: 21
    Hi all, I need help on the pricing in Southern California area. This is the options that I would like: ES350 with Premium Plus and Navi(they usually come with parking assist, Wood, rear shade etc) I see few post above got this car for $37,293. Can anybody get that down here in So Cal? which dealership and sales?

thx!!!
  • zekeman1zekeman1 Member Posts: 422
    Have you checked any dealers?
  • saissonsaisson Member Posts: 25
    Interesting story. I live in Chicago and contacted 10 Lexus dealers who refused to provide me with Internet quotes.(through Cars.com) I'm looking at the ES350 with a basic package which brings the MSRP to $36,000. All the cars in this area are topping out at $40,000+. Any suggestions, on how I can get a quote without having to waste time at each dealership. In fact, one dealer told me that he would order the vehicle and sell it to me at list if I put the full purchase price down!!
    :mad:
    You're lucky!!Interesting story. How did you get this deal? Who was the dealer? I live in Chicago and contacted 10 Lexus dealers who refused to provide me with Internet quotes.(through Cars.com) I'm looking at the ES350 with a basic package which brings the MSRP to $36,000. All the cars in this area are topping out at $40,000+. Any suggestions, on how I can get a quote without having to waste time at each dealership. In fact, one dealer told me that he would order the vehicle and sell it to me at list if I put the full purchase price down!!
    Interesting story. The basic invoice on the Lexus is $31k....were you able to buy a car? I live in Chicago and contacted 10 Lexus dealers who refused to provide me with Internet quotes.(through Cars.com) I'm looking at the ES350 with a basic package which brings the MSRP to $36,000. All the cars in this area are topping out at $40,000+. Any suggestions, on how I can get a quote without having to waste time at each dealership. In fact, one dealer told me that he would order the vehicle and sell it to me at list if I put the full purchase price down!!
  • theclutchtheclutch Member Posts: 21
    Hi all, what is the out of door price in So. Cal? anyone know? is 41000 out for navi/premium plus pkg/park assis/HID/rear shade good price??

thx ahead!!
  • philo82philo82 Member Posts: 10
    Can anyone recommend any companies/chains that can provide such aftermarket items as Wheels and XM Radio installation at more reasonable costs than what Lexus is asking for?

Also,will purchasing/installing XM Radio through a non-Lexus vendor create a serious risk to the integrity of the wiring/electrical system of the car?

Thx.
  • rileyjrileyj Member Posts: 13
    I purchased on in July from Mission Viejo Lexus at $369xx (MSRP at $41499), roughly $4500 off. Including license and tax the out of door price is ~$40K. I assume more dealers can offer this price range now in October when there are more supply and competitions.
  • steve1191steve1191 Member Posts: 3
    Thank you for your referral to the Sarasota dealership!

They are first class in every respect. I will be picking up my Tungsten Pearl ES 350 this weekend. The car has the premium plus package with Navigation and rear spoiler along with body side molding. MSRP was $41,520. Price paid was $37474 plus tax title and license. I'm extemely pleased with this dealership.

By the way, the message to you from the West Kendall dealership was hogwash. They wouldn't even come close to the figure they quoted to you in their "too sad too bad" e-mail message so you didn't miss out there by any means.

Thanks again for the great referral! :)
  • hub23hub23 Member Posts: 2
    Hi I'm new to the forum, so bare with me. Read yours about pricing and I have a some questions. What package did you get on the vehicle? Did you get any extras @ no cost? Was it easy or difficult to get your deal?

I received an internet quote of $33,662 for an ES 350 w/prem only (basic opt). What do you think about that?

Need yours and anyone else's help. I want some bells and whistles,but dont want to have to sell the farm :sick: .
  • tdohtdoh Member Posts: 298
    Re: XM radio--if you're talking about buying the Lexus factory XM module...if installed correctly it shouldn't add any more risk to the vehicle wiring/electrical system of the car. Matter-of-fact, I've read the instructions on how to install the factory XM module--there are no wires to cut/splice; just mount the box, disconnect some harnesses from the amp/control module that's in the trunk area, then plug the corresponding XM harnesses inline. I'm not saying that it's so easy that a child can do it, but it definitely is easy enough for any competent professional car audio installer to do it w/o screwing up the vehicle electrical system.
  • rileyjrileyj Member Posts: 13
    Mine is a Premium Plus with Navigation and parking sensor. I didn't get much extra other than oil change at 5K & 10K miles, and a car detailing work at 6 months. They would not give the car tinting for free. The negotiation was relatively easy, basically we agreed to the $200 over invoice in a phone conversation.

Your premium only package has MSRP at $37087, I would expect at least $4K off (i.e. $33K) to be considered a good deal in Southern Cal.
  • ggesqggesq Member Posts: 701
    Has anyone recently purchased in south FLA?

What is considered a good deal on the ES350?

I was thinking a couple of hundred bucks over invoice??

Thoughts?? Any advise would be appreciated. Thanks.
  • ggesqggesq Member Posts: 701
    I received a quote of $32,600 for a ES w/ Premium Package w/ a hefty $700 doc/dealer fee.

Is this a good price?
  • papamichiganpapamichigan Member Posts: 1
    Looking to buy in California where there are about 35 dealers. All have a website header "contact dealer" which has a very limited size to give pertinent info (model,color,options,etc...) Any suggestion on a better way to reach them through e-mail and also to get the internet sales manager's direct line without calling the dealership? Many of you have done it and this is my first time, so help...
  • slmdslmd Member Posts: 6
    Anyone purchased es350 lately in DC/MD/VA area? What kind of deal did you get and from which dealer?

Thanks a lot for sharing your info.
  • montgomctymdmontgomctymd Member Posts: 4
    Thanks for the information on the Sarasota dealership.

I have a question about how you obtained your price from that dealer (which was an excellent price, by the way). I requested a price quote from them via e-mail for a model whose MSRP is $36,242. The price they quoted was $33,448, which is about $2,800 off MSRP. Since your price is about $4,000 off MSRP, I was wondering whether you got that price by negotiating after you received the dealer's initial quote or if they offered that price with their initial quote.

Thanks for your help.
  • rpes350rpes350 Member Posts: 2
    Anyone willing to share prices/buying experiences in Austin on the es350 ?
    :)
  • jaspalbjaspalb Member Posts: 84
    I bought in mid October. I could bring down to $35.5 for a non-nav version. It is about invoice+2K.
    Costco autobuying links send your email to a dealer nearest to the zipcode you enter, giving your email/name, and you get name/number of Internet sales manager at the dealer. If you want to check directly with different Internet Sales managers, first find dealerships you want to visit/call, and then enter their zipcode (as your zipcode). You will get contact information. You can then call and make your offer instead of asking the price.
  • hetnhetn Member Posts: 8
    Mind to mention which dealship you got your car? Thanks.
  • arcee98arcee98 Member Posts: 3
    I've been reading the posts from around the country and my area prices don't come anywhere near the others. I've been to several dealers and they are all within the same range for an ES350 w/nav, premium plus, adaptive hl, parking assist, etc.
    around 40+. They aren't anywhere NEAR invoice - taking about 1200-1400 off MSRP. Why the huge difference? Also any other Chicago area (suburban) people finding the same thing as I did?
  • stlacurastlacura Member Posts: 26
    I'm not in Chicago, but I'm getting the same thing in St. Louis. I got two quotes here for an ES350 with premium/nav. One was for $1,000 off MSRP and the other $800 off MSRP.

I need to wait anyway, as my 4Runner lease is not over until June of 07. Hopefully it will come down more by then. If not, I would think about going to that Sarasota, FL dealership people keep raving about. Road Trip!
  • cbear1126cbear1126 Member Posts: 1
    I recently bought an es350 in the chicago area. I went to the dealership towards the end of September and test drove the car at the lexus of naperville dealership. I was going to buy the car that day but when it came to negotiating the price the salesman gave me the round about and said the car which was listed at 37,174 was going to be about 40,500 otd and that there was no negotiating. he said that the car was very hard to find and that no dealership in the area was going to go down. I was trying to get the price down to 37 or maybe even 37,500 otd. i told him i would not budge and that if he wanted to sell the car i would have the check within the hour. he talked to his "manager" and came back with a price of 39,400. i told him no and that he had my number and he could give me a call if anything changed. he basically carried me out the door as though he did not want my business. the next day he called me and said he had a different manager and that he could go to 38,900. I told him no and that i was going to go shopping around. he tried to convince me that i was not going to find the car for that price i wanted it and was wasting my time. I ended up going to lexus of westmont. that day and talked to the salesperson. she informed me that the car was hard to find in any color and that it would take some time. I let her know that i had visited other dealerships and that they had one in stock but i was looking to negotiate a better price. she asked me what was i looking at getting. i told her black on black premium plus with some additional options and a spoiler also. i told her that i was looking to get it for 37k otd. we talked for a while and she said that the best she could do was 38,500 but it would take 2 to 6 weeks to get it. after a little more talking we settled on a price of 38k even. I ended up taking the deal for three reasons: 1. i had checked other dealers in the area and no one had the specific car i wanted (the naperville one didnt have a couple of the options and the spoiler i wanted) so lexus of westmont was going to order straight from the factory. 2. I knew that at 38K it was going to be the lowest i was going to be able to get it at seeing that the sticker price was 37,500. 3.From the moment i walked in to the dealership they showed great customer service compared to the naperville dealership which seemed to not want my business. I ended saving about 2,300 off msrp, 1000 above invoice and got the exact car i wanted. About two days after i made the deal at the lexus of westmont i got a call from the naperville dealership where the salesperson asked if i found the car i wanted and how much. i told them and they said they would match there offer no problem. they said that the es i test drove was sold the day before and that i would have to wait 3 months to get one. I basically said no thanks and about three weeks ago i got the call to pick up my new es350 from the dealer after waiting about 4 1/2 weeks. i picked it up with no problems and ireally like the car it was worth the wait. I have pictures of the car and will put them up if anyone wants to see them.
  • kabukikabuki Member Posts: 1
    Hi, I'm shopping for an ES 350 in Pittsburgh area and am finding discounts to be only about $1000-$1500 off MSRP. How do I get access to more internet dealers outside my area who will give me better pricing? Every time I attempt to get internet bids, I'm sent to the only two dealers in the area (who are owned by same person). Need competition in western PA! Thanks for advice.
    Go to Lexus.com which will allow you to locate dealers elsewhere, usually giving their websites...then do the obvious and contact them.
  • keithordankeithordan Member Posts: 3
    Not sure if you've purchased yet but see my post from today...just purchased yesterday.

Lease 36/12, starts down, MSRP $41500, Selling price $38422, Payment $579 plus tax. Residual $24202.
  • agidduagiddu Member Posts: 1
    It seems that SoCal dealers have been offering the best deals - is it possible to buy from them even if you do not live there (I am on the east coast); what are the downsides to buying from dealers in SoCal?

Thanks.
    Of course you can buy from them or any other dealer anywhere in the US. Downside would be getting it from point A to B...are you willing to drive back to the left coast from the right? Factor in the savings you would get in the deal then consider what it would cost to drive it back...gas, wear & tear, time, blah blah blah. Some very simple math will give you the answer. The deal would have to be phenomenal for me to do it, even though the drive back in a really nice car would be pleasant.
  • cl206cl206 Member Posts: 6
    Hi, just wanted to share my shopping experience with everyone here. I got a lot of great info here and wanted to "give back" a little hehe. We bought our ES350 at Ray Catena Oakhurst, NJ near the end of October and they were great with everything. The MSRP on our vehicle was about 38000 and the selling price was around 33700 which is about 4300 off MSRP. Our model had premium package with some other stuff included; however we never looked at the NAV so I can't comment on any discounts you can get with those models. HTH
    Sorry for the delayed response. I bought from Lindsay Lexus Alexandria, VA
  • arcee98arcee98 Member Posts: 3
    Does anyone know if the December to Remember promotion usually includes purchasing a car or is it just a promotion for leasing? Thanks in advance.
  • dubldocdubldoc Member Posts: 15
    Thanks for the post about coast prices; they do seem better than rest of country. Im in Roanoke, VA (southwest part of state), nearest dealers in Winston-Salem and Raleigh-Durham NC... Best price I've gotten on a 350 with premium and bluetooth, MSRP 36.2k, is 33.850, or about 2500 off MSRP. If anyone knows of a better deal in DC or fairly close, let me know!! I'm told $400 'document' fee in NC is fairly standard.. comments?
    In DC area I could get about $2500 off MSRP...couldn't go lower. But in NJ, I found that you could chop off another $1200-$1500, but you have to account for distance and hassle
  • simondapoohsimondapooh Member Posts: 1
    This was my latest deal on a new Lexus

ES 350 (Tungsten Pearl/Light Gray)
    Ultra Luxury Package
    Preferred Package (trunk mat, cargo net, wheel locks)
    All Weather Mats
    Navigation/Mark Levinson Package
    Intuitive Parking Assistance

Price Negotiated before tax (7% + Tire tax ($7.50)), doc fee ($149.00) and DMV ($231.00):

$39,217.29
    - Taste of Lexus $750.00 new car purchase certificate

Grand Total -> $38,467.29

Total time of negotiation with dealer: 30 minutes

MSRP -> $44,111
    Total Savings off MSRP
    ($750.00 certificate not applied)-> $4,893.71
    Best I could do before turning this into an auction.
  • cmms1cmms1 Member Posts: 14
    I'm looking to purchase an ES350 in the Dallas/Forth Worth area. What are some of the best deals in the area for an ES350? :shades:
  • shingwongshingwong Member Posts: 5
    I am looking for a base model ES350 but the dealer I went to say they don't have any. Did anyone bought them and how much did you pay for it?
    Technically, a base model comes with cloth interior.. but no one I know of has ever seen one... In reality a base model comes with at least a 'premium' package option for 1200-2100 bucks, which gets you a leather interior and memory seat/wheel.
  • shingwongshingwong Member Posts: 5
    So that's why the salesman was looking at me like an elephant when I told them I was looking for one without the premium package.

Lexus without leather, that would indeed be wierd. I though they would at least have one that is just a basic leather seat interior.
    Can anyone help me here? My dealer in Raleigh NC tells me rear spoiler is 175, +150 for kit to INSTALL , THEN 100 labor... total nearly 450.. what is dealer price for spoiler ONLY (I'd like to install)??? Thanx!! Doc B
  • sicom007sicom007 Member Posts: 46
    Hi

I am getting a price of $36,493 + TTL (MSRP $41,522) for a White with Tan Leather Interior. Here are the packages:

Rear side air bags,navigation,full size spare,high intensity lamps,rear sun shade parking sensors,premium plus package,wood trim,preferred acc. Package

Is this a good price. The dealer claims it is below Invoice. What other prices are members seeing the in the Bay Area CA?
    yes! Good price, I'd go for it.
  • tinatinatinatina Member Posts: 388
    Sounds like a very good price. Is it just adding tax, license, and doc fee to that price. May I ask you the name of the dealership?

I recommend Lexus of Serramonte (fleet or intenet dept), or the new dealership near San Jose (can't recall the name).
  • sicom007sicom007 Member Posts: 46
    Magnussen's Lexus of Fremont. You think Serramonte will better that price?
  • tinatinatinatina Member Posts: 388
    Thanks,

It's Possible- but only if you deal with somebody in the internet or fleet management. Shoot them an email and see what happens. See what quote they give to you and then if its higher tell them you got a lower quote at the other dealership. My aunt got a good price on a Lexus months ago at Serramonte

I was also thinking of Stevens Creek Lexus.