Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Lexus ES 350 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• buyabuya Member Posts: 74
    You paid $36,900 for a 2012 Starfire Pearl E350 w/Nav, include tint, pinstripe and delivered to Houston. Was it from Sewell? Couldn't get the same deal in Houston. Would you share your salesman name? Thanks.
  • 2buyornot2buuy2buyornot2buuy Member Posts: 2
    Hi, I am about to close on a deal similar to this.
    Did the 36900 include destination/ processing? Surely wasn't the OTD price, or was it?
    Thanks!
  • kmrice2803kmrice2803 Member Posts: 4
    Went shopping for a 2012 ES , but left with a 2013. Despite a respectable (but hardly noteworthy) discount on the leftover ($3500), I decided on the redesigned model. I paid the $44k sticker but negotiated away the LOJACK dealer add-on. I figured the $3500 discount on the year old 2012 was negligible when you consider the fact that just driving off the dealer lot has the same depreciation impact on both cars--and I'd be leaving with the new and better looking 2013. It may have been rationalization, but I'm very happy with my choice.

My Starfire Pearl is an attention-getter, especially with the redesigned front end. The car is fast, quiet, and loaded with many subtle electronic surprises. You have to be somewhat of a gadget geek (like myself) to comfortably dive into the Nav Package' extensive feature set. There are many user settings that can be personalized if you take the time and trouble to explore all of the screens. Heck, the manuals that came with the vehicle are 4" thick. Most people will throw their leatherette manual holder in the trunk--and forget it. I read the books and loved the little 'hidden' features that are sprinkled through out.

I agree with others that the lack of a cell phone storage area is a gross oversight, especially considering the extent to which Lexus has integrated your cell phone into the car's electronics (voice activated calls, Bluetooth streaming of music and audio books, contact lists, iPhone Apps, etc.) This brings me to a potential issue for any buyer with an incompatible Bluetooth-equipped cell phone. My new iPhone connected quickly and flawlessly. My wife's year old LG was incompatible! I was shocked when I determined she needs a new phone if she wants to enjoy the ES's cell phone features. Not a big deal, but still a potential hiccup when you go to program your new car. Have Dealer make the connection and use the incompatibility as a small negotiating tactic. Lexus has a website (http://touch.lexus.com/lexus/mobilelink/) to check compatibility; however, you may find that your phone has 'not been tested.' So, in real terms this site's usefulness is questionable. Interestingly, I test drove a used 2009 ES that had no trouble connecting to my wife's LG. Something has changed on the Lexus-side that affects compatibility...not good!

I'll update my Post as I get additional driving time in my new ES.
  • carbuff29carbuff29 Member Posts: 7
    Anybody have prices and/or a buying experience in the Atlanta area?
  • wesnywesny Member Posts: 2
    Lexus of Edison, NJ.
  • jerrys2jerrys2 Member Posts: 189
    $1k over invoice, plus additional $1k off for using Costco membership (Lux plus NAV) :)
  • mikests3mikests3 Member Posts: 1
    Did you negotiate the deal first then get the costco disc.
  • azbahaazbaha Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2012
    17k miles, base, mint condition, red w beige int,
    otd $26,850 + tax + tag =$29k otd
    is this good price? ... please comment
  • jacobcho007jacobcho007 Member Posts: 1
    What dealer I can get this kind deal. Can you please tell me what dealer did you buy from?
  • bdelc01bdelc01 Member Posts: 1
    bought 2013 in starfire pearl Saturday. Lux pkg, HID, blind spot, 17' twin spoke, rear shade, nav, park assist, rain sensing wipers, wood/leather wheel, mat/net/locks/applique, spoiler, moldings. list $44,116 for $40,468 + $599 doc fee at Nalley Roswell

All the 350's I saw there came with the Michelins instead of the Bridgestones. Super quiet tire.
  • carbuff29carbuff29 Member Posts: 7
    Awesome deal! I got mine at Hennessey Gwinnett. ES 350 with Luxury - MSRP $43,628. Got it for $39,628 + 599 + TTL.
  • mihinkmihink Member Posts: 39
    that's a great deal. All the dealers in NoVA are stuck on MSRP. Did you use Costco or any buying service? any trade-in? What are the options on the car? Please let us know...I am actively in the market for this car. Thanks.
  • go2guygo2guy Member Posts: 2
    I'm in Orange County, CA; and looking to buy the ES 350 with Blind Spot Monitor w/Cross Traffic Alert, Intuitive Parking Assist, Pre-Colision System, Navigation Package, Lane Departure-Alert Warning, but I do not want to buy the up-graded sound system, power shades or the super glass roof. The dealer is telling me to get the Lane Departure Alert Warning I have to order the Ultra Luxury Package that comes with their best sound system etc. Anybody know otherwise? and what about some feed-back on price deals out here in Obama-land?
  • rbirns1rbirns1 Member Posts: 311
    Being quoted the following in NY:

2013 ES300h, luxury and nav packages
    $46,300 MSRP
    $45,300 selling price
    27 month, 10k miles
    71% residual, .0017 MF, $700 bank fee
    Taxes (8.625%) and fee rolled into payment, only 1st month + DMV at delivery
    $682 per month

I am told that the hybrids are not eligible for Lexus first month waiver, applicable to most other Lexus models.

I know the only flexible item in this deal is the selling price. Is 1K under MSRP (2K over invoice) fair at this time?
  • netsplitnetsplit Member Posts: 1
    Here is what i got from Pembroke Pine Lexus ( south Florida) 2013 ES 350 white with premium package.

i was upside down on my 2009 ES 350 - owe 21700, Trade in 18000, CarMax print estimate for 19000.

So, i trade my ES with upside down, no money down what so ever. Only first payment 500$

Lease 36 month /10000 miles per year
    Package 39400 ( pretty much everything except GPS.. who would want that crap anyway this days.

$500 per month ( including taxes)

At closing all i paid was first payment $500 since i had to pay for my old lexus 560 anyway.

36 month, $500 per month and they took my upside down 2700 ES350 and 0 down ( no fees, no delivery charge , nothing)

I don't know how much dealer made on this but i think i got a good deal.
    I talked to 5 dealers station and this was the best i could get.
  • jerrys2jerrys2 Member Posts: 189
    I got the price over the phone before going to the dealer. The only thing to negotiate was what I would get for my trade
  • davidzdavidz Member Posts: 35
    Am I reading this right? You just paid $3,400 off sticker for a 2013 ES350? By my estimate that about $400 below invoice.
  • worldnet5worldnet5 Member Posts: 11
    For 2013 ES350: I am getting one at invoice in Greater Boston (too many options to mention). Is this what people are getting?
  • mathew1mathew1 Member Posts: 42
    Which dealership in Boston are you getting the invoice pricing from. Thanks for the info.
  • johngf1johngf1 Member Posts: 37
    Looking for a good price on a '13 in L.I. It seems that true car, etc are now much closer to retail than they were in the past !How did you find the invoice price?
  • kratosbearkratosbear Member Posts: 3
    Hi, I am looking to purchase a 2013 ES350, Starfire Pearl, Black Nuluxe Espresso Bird's Eye Maple Interior, with Premium Package, and Spoiler. MSRP = $39,859.00. I live in the State of Delaware. I am looking for the best possible price. Does anyone have any ideas about the best possible price? Thank You
  • todds911todds911 Member Posts: 1
    I am from DE. I found the best possible deal, after weeks of negotiating, in PA.
    If you want, email me and I will share my experience and recommendations with you. My mail is todds911 at yahoo dot com.
  • kratosbearkratosbear Member Posts: 3
    Thanks Todd for the information!
  • mechradmechrad Member Posts: 22
    I bought an Infiniti M37x in the end of August. I liked the car but the gas mileage was awful and I drive a lot. I knew this going in but thought I could stomach it. I couldnt.

Went into Lawrence Lexus and made the following deal. Traded in Infiniti M which I paid 45k for and used for 4.5 months for ESH loaded up with sticker 46300. I paid 3k plus tax and doc fee for an out the door prices of 3480 dollars. I think that I did not get hurt to bad on this one as the ESH could not have been had in August or September for anything but MSRP. Would have cost more than the M which had huge discounts.

Easy deal I drove car and then negotiated over email.
  • bic64bic64 Member Posts: 12
    MSRP $44,427. Paid $40,427 in mid-December, and also was able to obtain Lexus all-weather mats (worth ca. $100) free of cost. That is, the negotiated price was ca. $4100 below the MSRP, translating to a discount of approx. 9.4%.
  • kmrice2803kmrice2803 Member Posts: 4
    It's always helpful to give the location of your purchase. Thanks.
    Thanks for the info . You got a

Thanks for the info - you got a GREAT deal! Was it in the NY area??

GREATgreat deal. Is it in the NY area???
    It was in New Jersey.
    Thank you - I'll use this when buy ing April when I get back from Florida. Good luck with your new car.
  • exaudiexaudi Member Posts: 4
    Which dealer and what options did you get? am in the market for one. Have to pull a plug soon.. Debating between Acura TL or Lexus ES... Thanks.
    I'd rather not give dealerships name here, but a couple of them were willing to sell at approximately the same price. The options were as follows: Luxury Pkg, Display Audio, Wood Heated Steering Wheel, Rain sensing wipers with deicer, Blind Spot Monitor w/Rear Cross Traffic Alert, HID Headlamps, Power Rear Sunshade, Intuitive Parking Assist, Trunk Mat, Cargo Net & Wheel Locks. Don't know about the Acura TL, but we are very pleased with the Lexus ES 300h. Good luck!
  • bluefranky222bluefranky222 Member Posts: 4
    There is no comparison. The Acura TL does not have the refinement an ES has. The ES is smoother, quieter in road, engine, wind noise. Hands down I would go for the ES.
    Thank you BIC and bluefranky. Am leaning towards es 300h as tl is due for a major redesign. Since this will be my first hybrid am wondering if extra warranty is worth the price? Any comments.
    We did not get any extra warranties. Note that you will still be able to purchase the extended warranty later on, just before the manufacturer's warranty runs out.
  • jrod13jrod13 Member Posts: 38
    Bic64:

I am in Nj can you let me know which dealerships were willing to play ball at that price. Been tough with getting more than 2k off msrp thanks.
  • busunclebusuncle Member Posts: 18
    I think the 13 ES is a better car than the 13 TL, though the prices probably are different.

A sufficiently loaded ES (for me) is $42,500-ish + TTL.

A sufficiently loaded TL (Tech) is more like $35,500-ish +TTL.

Personally, I have a high opinion of both Lexus and Acura in terms of reliability. I may abstain until I get a look at the 14 TLX, which should debut in New York later this month.
    edited January 2013
    I'd rather not give dealerships name here. A couple of them were willing to sell at approximately the same price, but also said that they would normally not sell at such a low price (apparently, sales had been very slow that day and so they were desperate for my business). There were other dealerships which would not go below $1200 off MSRP. Good luck!
    bic64

can you tell me what county in nj...would be happy to let them know you referred me.

Thanks much.
    Thanks busuncle.

Looked at TL, felt it was a bit dated. Even though we can save few $'s, ES is my choice now.

Sent few emails to dealers and am waiting for their reply now.

Thanks again.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,200
    Your personal security is important to us, so please do not post your email address in a message.

You may include the dealership name, city and state in your post. Please do not post last names of salespeople, telephone numbers, email addresses, or other contact information.

If you have information that meets the above criteria, then share it here for all members...

Thanks!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Two dealerships were willing to sell at about the same price. One was in Middlesex County and the other was in Somerset County.
    Thank you Bic64. Closed on the es300h today at Bridgewater Lexus. Great dealership.
    Purchased the es300h with ultra luxury package/Mark Levinsen audio nav/blind spot/heated steering wheel/deicing wipers/accessories package with MSRP - $48,763....paid $44,671 was also able to get edge guards and the remote starter thrown in.
  • sanjaysdcasanjaysdca Member Posts: 269
    Yes ES is smoother and less road noise.
    However Acura handles better.
    My 2008 MDX (a SUV) handles better and has better "planted" feeling then my ES (a car)
    My ES has less road noise and more refined.

Have you looked at the crash rating of TL and ES.
    TL and Volvo were the only ones that good rating.
    2012 ES was rated poor.

http://blogs.wsj.com/drivers-seat/2012/08/14/many-cars-fail-in-new-tougher-iihs-- crash-test/.

New 2013 camry has failed miserably.
    New Avalon and ES has not been tested.
    jrod13: I am glad it worked out well for you. Enjoy the car! We are very pleased with ours.
  • busunclebusuncle Member Posts: 18
    I don't have a dog in this fight, but to say the 2013 Camry "failed miserably" is an inaccurate statement.

It's rated a TOP SAFETY PICK by the IIHS. Period.

http://www.iihs.org/ratings/ratingsbyseries.aspx?id=291

Did it perform poorly in the small overlap test? Yes. Everything else? It was solid.
  • sanjaysdcasanjaysdca Member Posts: 269
    +1....i dont have a dog in this either.
    But compare the ratings of TL with ES in the link you provided.
    All good Vs. all but one POOR

In an accident all you need is one small edge that can help you walk away...however infinitisiminally small.

Look at the test video on you tube and you will see what i mean by miserably.

For the records I have 2011 ES that was bought before small overlap test was done. If i knew the results i would not have bought the ES...now i know the results i am not going to get rid of ES and get a TL or volvo.
  • tampanvitampanvi Member Posts: 1
    Hi, I have negotiated to pay $42866 Out the door for a Lexus ES 350 2013 year car. MSRP is $44,597, Invoice price is $42,019. Is this a good price or am i paying more. This is in Tampa city Florida State. The car has the options Blind Spot Monitor with rear cross traffic alert, 18" wheels with liquid graphite quoting, HID Headlamps, Power Rear Sunshade, Luxury Package, Hard Disk Drive Navigation with Backup Camera, Intitue parking assist, Rain Sensing Wipers with Deicer, Wood & Leather trimmed [non-permissible content removed] knob & steering wheel, Trunk Mat, Cargo Net, Whl Locks, Rear Bumper App, Body Side Moldings. Your feedback is appreciated.
    The "out the door" price can vary significantly from state to state (due to different taxes, etc), but I was able to get 9.4% off the MSRP in NJ for a 2013 ES 300h. If the discount you have negotiated is in the same ball park, that should be fine.