Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Lexus ES 350 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    With $6K down, you could buy the car and have a lower payment...

Wow.. :surprise:

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• lexus350_buyerlexus350_buyer Member Posts: 2
    Folks,

I got the new 2007 ES 350 (with Ultra package) from Lindsay Lexus. Great service and good buying experience. I got it for more than $3k below MSRP. Towson is the most competitive but I did not want to drive down there as it was more than an hour drive. Pohanka didn't seem to be open to bargaining at all; maybe they have just too many customers buying in fairfax area?

Let me know if you need more details.

thanks....
  • jaspalbjaspalb Member Posts: 84
    I bought Non-Nav version from Lindsay in Oct06 for at $2.5K below MSRP. I had the same experience with Pohanka. New Jersey was cheaper by more than 1K but I didn't want to drive. You did better...but it has been several months since. What color did you buy?
  • lexus350_buyerlexus350_buyer Member Posts: 2
    black graphite.
  • fsantorefsantore Member Posts: 2
    Bought the Lexus E350 yesterday... with XM, rear lip spoiler and side body molding (+Premium Package) total msrp was $34,070.
  • rxrookierxrookie Member Posts: 10
    I assume you got one with Nav ? Do you remember what the MSRP was and what exactly did you pay for it ? Did you try Silver Spring Lexus ? I'm looking to buy one (with Nav) and would greatly appreciate any inputs on pricing, dealership & buying experience.
  • rparisrparis Member Posts: 368
    I am looking at the ES350 that lists for 38202 or, preprice increase of 37902. What is considered a great discount?
  • tds1tds1 Member Posts: 74
    I know very little about lease deals but am in the Minneapolis area. What kind of discount were you offered on the car? I have held off buying in hopes the discount would approach what others are getting on the coasts and that the transmission flare issue would be solved.
  • pkumar1981pkumar1981 Member Posts: 15
    Hey, I'm giving up my 04 Camry XLE and deciding on upgrading to the new ES350 w/ Nav. I think you got a really good deal, I live in South Jersey now and the Cherry Hill Dealer was selling me a demo with 300 miles on it w/ Nav. for 38,900. I said no way Man! and Walked out. He would not lower his price! But I have heard good things about Ray Catena Lexus. I read your thread and was wondering if you mind telling what options you got in your ES with the $36,684 price, which is the lowest I have seen on this forum. Also what other fees did they stick you with Doc fees$Amount? What was your total price out the door? Thanks for your help.
    -Vince-
  • dunde71dunde71 Member Posts: 33
    I am thinking about getting an extended warranty of 6 yr/70,000 miles. Has anyone bought it and how much did they pay for it. The dealer is saying its $1350 but that sounds too much. However, I found this web site

http://www.warrantieslexus.com/lexus.html

and here they are selling it for $975. Any thoughts on it ? Thanks.
  • kippcarkippcar Member Posts: 6
    ES 350 Premium Plus w/nav.

MSRP $41,300

$39,700 +TTL and fees is what they have quoted

A whopping $1,600 off MSRP. I have seen many new ones of the same options going for the low $38,000's. A lexus lease is brutal and the discount off MSRP from this dealership is far less than it should be.
    First I got a very good offer from the Lexus at Englewood NJ. The MSRP was 44,425 and he offered 39,425. This included ultra luxury pkg, ML/Nav, Park Assist, Preferred Accessory Pack, All season floor mats and body side mold (with installation). Terrific price but they were giving me horrible trade-in value on my car ($3000 less than what I was expecting). If you do not have a trade-in then I would recommend Lexus at Englewood. Just go to their web site and email them for a quote with your options. The internet sales manager will return your email with a quote in $$$ value without asking your phone number. Beware that the internet sales manager is very aggressive in person for selling the car ... which I didnt like at all.

Anyway, I backed out because of the trade-in value. Finally I got an offer from New Country Lexus, upstate NY (which is where I live). The MSRP was 44,800 and they offered 40,350. This included Ultra Luxury package, Mark Levinson with Nav, Park Assist, Preferred Accessory Pack, All season floor mats, body side mold (with installation) and rear lip spoiler. The salesman was very polite and not aggressive at all. An absolute pleasure to do business with them and they gave exactly what edmunds had quoted for trade-in.

My take is that for the ES350 there is approx $5000 difference between invoice and msrp if you are going for premiumn plus pkg or ultra lux pkg. You should try to get atleast $4000 off the msrp. Thanks.
  • es350cies350ci Member Posts: 1
    I got my ES 350 a week ago.

(Smokey Granite, Black interior, Premium Package, Rear Spoiler, Crome Wheels, etc..)

I think dealer's original MSRP was about $39k. Although I think I could have gotten a better deal than what I paid.. I'm happy with my first Lexus purchase. :)

[MSRP: 34,000 + TTL = 37,000 (Out the door)]

:lemon: :lemon: :lemon: :shades: :lemon: :lemon: :lemon:
  • gvachhergvachher Member Posts: 5
    Vince, Here's the options in my car...tungten pearl/black car. Had to pay $200 doc fee on top of the $36,684+tt&l price. Out the door price=$39,700. You may want to try Difeo Lexus as well. They are also opening up in Edison by Mar.

Base MSRP* $33,470.00
    • Standard Features

Available Packages $7,526.00
    • Premium Plus Package with Additional Options

Delivery, Processing & Handling Fee† $715.00

Total MSRP** $41,711.00

Premium Plus Package with Additional Options $7,427.00
    Premium Plus Package Includes:
    - Leather-trimmed interior
    - Heated and ventilated front seats
    - Driver's seat power cushion extender
    - Lexus Memory System to control power driver's and front passenger's seats (except lumbar), outside mirrors and steering wheel
    - Electrochromic outside mirrors with tilt-down in reverse
    - Rain-sensing intermittent windshield wipers with mist cycle

Additional Options:
    - Lexus voice-activated DVD Navigation System
    - High-Intensity Discharge (HID) headlamps and Dual-swivel Adaptive Front Lighting System (AFS)
    - Intuitive Parking Assist
    - Wood- and leather-trimmed steering wheel and shift knob
    - Full-size spare tire with 17-in alloy wheel
    - Rear seat side airbags
    - Preferred Accessory Package (includes Cargo net, Trunk mat and Wheel locks)

Good luck :),
    -G
  • tdohtdoh Member Posts: 298
    Heck, I paid a shade under $40K for UL...and that was back in August; man, I'd hate to think how much of a "discount" they're offering on UL models...
    $40K for a UL model in 08/2006 !! That was not bad. If you paid this much in August, you actually did quite good.
  • luke_luluke_lu Member Posts: 10
    Hi, I just bought a LexusES350 Starfire with Ivory interior. I think the same as #430. Premium Plus with Navi and additional options. MSRP $41,612 reduced to invoice price of $36,900 plus TTL. I added Body side moldings $324 (list $599.00) and all weather mats $100 (list $144) from Prestige Lexus in Ramsey, NJ. The trade-in value given to my Camry w&#65345- ;s too low&#12288- ;so now tr&#65345- ;de-in.
    Sorry, my last message was all messed up. I bought a ES350 with Starfire exterior and ivory interior. I think the same options and package as #430 has. MSRP was $41,612 and I was able to get it down to $36,900 plus TTL. I added body side moldings $324 (list price $599) and all-weather mats $100 (list price $144). I think this is a pretty good price.
    Great price Luke!!! Mine (#430) had the all-weather mats in the 41,711 price.

Just curious, what did Prestige charge for Doc fee?

I hate the doc fees. Dealers get doc fee as part of dest/del charge already!!!
    They charged149 for doc fees and the registration, title, etc is $351.00
    You can get a UL package (MSRP 44,100) for 39,100 from the Lexus Englewood NJ. You dont even have to haggle to get this price.
    But I was not interested in UL package. I do not need to have the kind of moon-roof and some extras that I don't want.
  • iles350iles350 Member Posts: 1
    In reading this forum, it's great to see many of you have been able to negotiate excellent prices with some of the dealers on the east and west coasts. But, I would appreciate information on the Chicago area dealers. Has anyone had any success negotating a good price with a Chicago dealer? Thanks!
  • sharavatisharavati Member Posts: 7
    Hi,

I am looking to buy a ruby red with UL package. What was the final cost and what did it include ? I guess all UL include (navigation/radio pkg = $4050) + IL pkg ($5380). Then in addition did you get additional parking assist ($500) + Cargo net ($59) + trunk mat($69) + wheel locks ($69). Are all weather mats included or that is an extra. I was hoping to get all of the above for $39,000. Then in addition tax, title, registration + doc fee = $400. So total of $39,400. Does Lexus offer any specials on free servicing as a prt of the buying process.

Thanks a lot
    Hi - would you help with question #440 please. Thank you
    #440, it is IMHO that if you can get all of that for $39,000 it is an excellent price, even 39,400 is too. However, doc fee of $400 is too much.
    My dealership in Virginia told that first 1K inspection/adjustment, and one change to lock/unlock options, then one 5K oil-change is free (paid by Lexus USA). That's it.
  • meadoelmeadoel Member Posts: 18
    I've got an offe from a local Lexus dealer - MSRP =$41,612.00 plus XM ($995) = $42,607.00.

Dealer wants $37,982 plus Tax, registration, and a $400 "Dealer Conveyance fee". That's about $4600 of sticker.

Do you think that's a good deal?
  • oscar8oscar8 Member Posts: 3
    can someone tell me what the money factor should be on 07 es350. lease is for 36mth, 12k mi. thxs
    Hi,
    Can you explain what change to lock/unlock options is ?

Thanks
    Compare to my deal #440. $400 "Dealer conveyance fee" is a dud- this is what the $715 destination fee is for.
    Correction- Deal on #430 (not 440)
    Four options for lock/unlock are (see page 20, 21 of the manual)
    (1) Moving shift position in "P" unlocks all doors = Y/N
    (2) Moving shift position out of "P" locks all doors = Y/N
    (3) Speed linked door functions: Locks at certain speed = Y/N
    (4) If driver opens door within certain seconds after engine off, all door opens = Y/N

All these can be programmed by users.
    Sharavati,

Please see page 405 for lock/unlock related and other custom functions which need to be programmed by the dealer. My earlier message relates to user programmable functions.
  • df4801df4801 Member Posts: 10
    Looking for a ES350 in Atlanta.
    It seems that they have 4 trim packages here.
    I am looking at package #3 with nav, MSRP is $41,322, and the dealer wanted $38,890 plus $399 doc fee, plus tax/title, etc.

Anyone have an idea if they will deal more in Atlanta. I was thinking they would since 4 dealers here. But 2 dealers so far are almost identical in prices.
    Thank you for your response
  • meadoelmeadoel Member Posts: 18
    OK, I get that part. But is the total price a decent deal?
    If anyone is interested I bought the 6yr/100000 mile extended warranty for $1340. At first the dealership was offering it for $2100. I showed him this web site (www.warrantieslexus.com) and they price matched it. You dont have to buy warranty on the spot. You can take your time and shop around for it to get a good deal on it and even buy it from a different dealer as long as it is a LEXUS warranty.
  • seikoseiko Member Posts: 5
    Sounds like a pretty good deal but maybe you can squeeze out a little better price than what is currently being offered, especially since you are interested in a car with more options than the one that I recently purchased. I purchased an ES 350 in North Carolina, where there are really only three Lexus dealers in the entire state. I agreed to the following deal after face-to-face negotiations with all three dealers. Here are the details:

MSRP (Sticker): $36,946
    Dealer Price: $34,100
    NC State tax: $1,023
    Doc Fee: $425
    Title and Tag: $74
    Out-the-Door: $35,622

Good luck !!
    Because people were very helpful on this site, I felt an obligation to give details on the price of the card that I bought. It is a ruby red metallic with UL package. Its an absolutely gorgeous color. It is not too red and is a very beautiful red. I bought it from Warnock Lexus in Livingston, NJ. Jarell Alexander gave me great customer service and was a great experience. I pad exactly $800 over invoice :
    MSRP = $44,012
    Sold to me for $39,585
    Invoice = 38,785
    Sales tax = 2770.95
    Tire fee = 7.50
    Registration fee = 245
    Doc fee = 105
    Total = 42,713.45

Overall a very good deal and a pleasant experience
  • patrickg1patrickg1 Member Posts: 7
    Hi - Has anyone had experience buying the ES350 in Washington state? Failing that, Portland, Oregon? Thanks.
  • basiobasio Member Posts: 6
    Hi,
    I put a deposit down on an 07 ES350 with the ultra package. In round numbers, here's what we agreed to. Tell me if you think it works for a lease:

MSRP: $44k
    Sale Price: $41k ($3,000 off MSRP)
    MF: 0.00295
    48 months
    15k miles
    $1680 cap reduction
    monthly payment $640

I put $500 down for a deposit, because my color combo is not at the lot. Looking for Graphite/black leather. Does this deal sound reasonable to you?

By the way, thanks to this board, I was able to whittle down the original $1,600 off MSRP they offered to the 3k I have now. Your information has been awesome.

Thanks,
    basio
  • mvpjeffmvpmvpjeffmvp Member Posts: 16
    Ok, spoke with Pretige Lexus in NJ, and they offered me a car at slightly below invoice. It was the ES 350 with Premium Plus Package, and the Navigation. MSRP is $41,612. With 4,500 down and ALL costs rolled in (Tax, Title, Registration, Etc, etc.), the final payment was $439/month for a 36 month 12,000 mile lease, or $459/month for a 36 month lease. They said they are the 2nd largest Lexus Dealership in the Country, and can sell some cars for below their cost due to Incentives by Lexus to them. Sound too good to be true? I will have to drive 2 hours to get it, but this price seems too good to pass up....or is it too good to be true? I interrogated her about the price, and she literally SWORE that it was a real deal. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
    -Jeff
    You can not assess real price by monthly payments. You can know real price only when it is a straight buy with no trade-in. Dealer could make profit in number of ways.
  • ash123ash123 Member Posts: 2
    Got good information on this site. I felt obligated to post my good experience about buying ES350.

Bought ES350 with UL pkg + parking sensors from Stevens Creek Lexus San Jose CA
    Price paid: 39K +TTL
    Also bought extended warranty for 84months/100Kmiles bumper to bumper for 1980.

Overall satisfied with the car and the Lexus service.

Good luck to all other buyers.
    :)
    #460 I don't think it is too good to be true at all. The deal requires you to pay a capital reduction of $4,500. I bought a ES350 with the same package from them 3 weeks ago. My out of door (include 7% NJ tax, doc fee, registration), included 5 years of tire damage warranty, side molding, all-weather mats was $40,600.
    They offered me a 36 month leasing with $2,500 down and $439/month, 15,000 mile/year without the Navigation system. :)
    That's 439 withOUT the navigation. Mine was INCLUDING the navigation for only 2,000 more. From what I've been told from other Lexus dealerships, this equals 1,500 OFF OF INVOICE. Has anyone else paid UNDER invoice??
    $2,000 is what the navigation cost you or about $55.00 more per month. Since you are leasing it, the navigation system will stay with the car and return to the leasing company with residual value. Actually, that is exactly the difference of a navigation system.
  • rrussell25rrussell25 Member Posts: 2
    sharavati or ash123,

Would either of you guys be able to scan in your sale's order and post on a site? I ask because both of you got just over invoice and dealers in my area (DC) only seem to be knocking about 2500 off MSRP of the UL. I did get one to agree to match a price if I could provide a copy of the sale's order. If you can scan it in, but can't post to a site, I could set up a temporary email for you to send it to. Would having proof of closed deals help anybody else out?
    Rrussell, they got over invoice, I got under invoice. 36200 on a Navigation Equipped with HID's, wood steering wheel, all weather mats, preferred accessory package, parking assist, rear side airbags. MSRP I'm looking at on my sticker right now is $41,711. Just bought it yesterday here in NJ.