Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Lexus ES 350 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• forthillforthill Member Posts: 34
    I currently lease my 2004 ES330 through LFS. They have been calling me to partake in a lease waiver program to eliminate 6 months of my remaining lease payments provided I lease another ES350 through LFS.

I live in Fairfield County CT and will stop in the Greenwich dealer as well as the dealer in Larchmont NY (Ray Catena) and test drive it and chat about pricing.

According to what I've seen here on Edmunds about base pricing for an ES350 with no options is that it is $33,170 MSRP plus $695 destination charge. Strangely, or maybe not, the TMV price of what other would pay in the area is the same cost.

My needs are very simple, I typically never order a car, just show up at the dealer, make my deal and take pretty much whatever car he has on the lot without much regard for color nor options.

Anyone care to share what prices they have been quoted or deals they've done in the NY/CT/NJ tri-state area for a new ES350? Would $1000 - $1500 off MSRP be doable?
    I'm just going to lease another one so negotiating the purchase price is just one thing I need to do in order to arrive at my lease payment. If I take them up on their lease waiver program than I'm locked into whatever LFS charges for their cost of money.
    I also wonder if I am better served by waiting another month or two (after July 4th) and checking the deals. LFS is giving me until Labor Day to take them up on their lease waiver program.

Thoughts?
    Thanks!
    forthill
    I thought I was able to edit this post but I guess not...

Anyway, I went to the CT dealer today and they offered me a plain-vanilla ES350 for $37,500 based off of $38,269 list. I asked for the bare minimum car and they told me that they all come in that way from Japan. i.e. with PM, HL, HH, PA, WU, DC, and BE. They mentioned the mats option/pkg and the Accessories option/package which I cannot find info on, at least not here. The total for all these packages plus the original MSRP is 37,285 so those other 2 options/pkgs must add up to $984 I suppose.

Anyone know what those other 2 items include/cost?

Also, I think it is BS that they made the comment of "that's how they all come in from Japan, unless of course you place an order which nobody really does anymore".

I realize that some options necessitate others. As I want just a bare minimum ES I would think I could just order the base car and PM & DC, nothing else.

Thoughts?
    Thanks,
    forthill
  • 54gradsteds54gradsteds Member Posts: 102
    I think the above-mentioned CT dealer has a customer-relations philosophy based on the most famous quote attributed to P. T. Barnum: "There's a sucker born every minute." I wouldn't get any closer to that dealership that I would a Gabon viper !
  • zekeman1zekeman1 Member Posts: 422
    Thoughts? Sure - find another dealer asap.
    Well, in 2004 I got a quote from the CT dealer and then went to Ray Catena in Larchmont. Catena originally wanted to charge me more than the CT dealer's quote but when I showed them the written price from CT they mysteriously dropped their price (actually only met the price). I ended up leasing the ES330 with Ray Catena.

Perhaps since the ES350 is only about 5 weeks in dealer lots they seem to be selling at very close to MSRP. There are no real Lexus incentives like there typically are around the end of the year.

There are a few other lower-CT dealers I might also try as well as the largest northeast Lexus dealer in Ramsey NJ.

Although the lease waiver program sounds good there is not much incentive (dollar-wise) to take advantage - at least I haven't come across any reason so far. I might be better served by waiting till the end of year when my lease does run out and maybe their pricing might be better.

*Anyway, can anyone tell me what might be an approximate delivery time if I place a factory order for an ES350?

forthill
  • monarchs34monarchs34 Member Posts: 3
    I brought a ES 350 premium package w/ navigation (included parking assist option and full-spare tire) from Pohanka Lexus in Chantilly, VA for approx. $41,000. The internet sales man gave me $1400 off MSRP. This was a month ago, so you may be able to get a better deal now.
  • fram_dudefram_dude Member Posts: 7
    actually apart from the rear sunshade and rain sensing wipers , its an 37,424 MSRP car that i got. if you are getting it at that price, that is good deal under the circumstances. i think you should go for it, if you feel good about the price. if you live in the NorthEast , i have not seen very generous markdown from MSRP yet, atleast on this board. sounds like people in the bayarea, LA are getting some huge markdowns...
    just check the standard options from KBB or lexus.com to make sure you are not paying for something that otherwise comes as standard. i know some dealerships try to confuse buyers.
  • fram_dudefram_dude Member Posts: 7
    couple of the dealers i talked to gave the boat story, of cars shipped from japan and what not. KBB has this mats locks as "preferred accessory package" basically its another way of dealers make 50-60 dollars. it comes to around 160 i guess. i would check out kbb for invoice pricing of options.
  • shop4mywifeshop4mywife Member Posts: 36
    Close our deal today on an Amber UL (ML & P.A.P), couldn't be happier. Got it a little under $2500 off MSRP from an out of state dealership with free shipping the car to us.

Not a bad deal at all; I'm just glad that this whole darn Lexus hunting game is over soon.
  • jaclyndanhjaclyndanh Member Posts: 3
    I got three dealerships in the Oregon/Washington area to agree to $38,372 on a premium plus package with Navi. MSRP is $40,999. But I heard all these good deals from CA. Does anyone know how much it would cost to ship a car from CA to Oregon?
    If you don't have a strong preference on the choice of color, I'd buy it locally.
  • drextremopsdrextremops Member Posts: 8
    Hello guys..

I am new to this forum, but have been reading all your posts and I find them very useful in my research. Decided to join in and join in the discussions as well. I hope no one will mind :D. Finally decided that I would go with an ES350, instead of an TL. I am crossing over from a Toyota and would rather 'stay in the family'. Seen that a few people have bought the car with the smoky granite color. I fell in love with it when I was at the dealer 3 weeks ago for the first preview/test drive. Put in a deposit right at that time to book the smoky granites with NAV and PP (find them very limited and hard to get). Anyway, I would like to know the range of prices that users in this board pay for this (especially those in the So-Cal area). The dealer say the car would probably come in within 2 weeks time or so, so I am eager to get enriched with all your advises when I go to the 'warring' table with the dealer. :confuse: Appreciate all the feedbacks and inputs. Have a great weekend.
  • cc2010cc2010 Member Posts: 16
    Congratulations. What state/dealership did you work with? Did you find them through an online car finder? Lexus of Spokane stated the "costco price" is $1K under MSRP, for UL, premium plus, etc for the ES. Lexus of Bellevue will go $1600 off MSRP for UL, $1500 off for Premium Plus w/ Nav, and $1200 off for PP w/o NAV. So you definitely got a great deal, this early in the game. Lexus is also having a sales event on the RX & the GS. Thanks
    Hi CC,

How things going? I agree with you all the quotes that you get from Lexus of Bellevue, we got the same numbers from them as well as from Lexus of Seattle. However, according to Jacklyndang's post, she seems to be able to get a PP with Nav for $2627 under MSRP from this area. :confuse:

Anyway, one of the Sale associate in Lexus of Seattle that we worked with told us the name of a dealership which has the color / package that we wanted, but it's cost inefficient for them to trade cars with other dealership. So we contacted the dealership directly to make the deal. Long story short, we got the deal, but our car hasn't delivered yet. So, I will wait until our car is here (in a week or so) to give you a little more details. I would probably email you directly then if you are still interested to know at that time. ;) Or feel free to email us if we were unable to check this board every day.
  • jfrick76jfrick76 Member Posts: 5
    I just got an offer yesterday for the ES 350 with the basic Premium Package (PM), Heated and Ventilated Seats (HH), Blue Tooth (DC), HID Headlamps (HL), Wood and Leather Steering Wheel (WU), and the preferred accessory package for $34,900 + TTL (MSRP $37,424). I tried to get them to throw in XM radio, but they only offered to sell it to me at their cost ($584 installed) vs $899. They claimed that XM can only be installed by the dealer not at the port because they car is not built for a simple install at the port right now, but they will later this year. I was surprised to get a deal like this, so now it makes me wonder if I can do better. I would probably ink the deal if they throw in the XM. Also, because it is so close to the end of the month and I am going to wait and see if they call me this week. What does everyone think of this deal? By the way this is the exact configuration I was looking for. I am just torn because I really would like to have NAV, but I am not willing to fork out another $2,000 + when I can get a TL with NAV for $33,000. Any thoughts?
  • zekeman1zekeman1 Member Posts: 422
    TL is smaller, rides like a Honda, much noisier than the 350, is about to change design in a year or two....I drove the TL and the 350 and in my opinion, can't begin to come close to the 350 in quality and comfort. I find if I REALLY REALLY REALLY want a feature, price (within reason) isn't going to hold me back. Because if I didn't get it, everytime I saw it afterwards I would be saying, "I really wish I had gotten that."
  • slmdslmd Member Posts: 6
    That sounds like a pretty good deal to me. I was offered $1500 off MSRP for the premium package from Lexus of Rockville and am thinking about it. Where did you get the offer?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,268
    Sorry...not here... Read the message printed in red, please...

Thanks!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

w000t... So excited that I finally got my ES350, in the color and package that I want. Just got a Smoky Granite Mica/Gray interior with the PP package, HID, Nav, Rear sunshade+air bags, full spare, IPA, PAP and the wood/leather steering. I got it at abt 3700 off MSRP which I think isn't that bad. Might be able to get a better deal but the salesguy wanted to really do this deal and he threw in Lo-jack at a substantial low price. Was considering getting the one with UL but decided to save up.
  • cc2010cc2010 Member Posts: 16
    Congrats. Sounds like a fantastic deal. What state/dealership did you work with? Did you find the dealership thru the internet? Lexus is enjoying the high demand/low supply ratio right now...I'm really tempted to wait until Sept and see how prices are then.
    Got it at a Southern CA dealer. Well, I went into the dealer at first to take a look at the IS but was drawn to the ES. Yup. You are correct abot the high demand/low supply ratio thing. Very few dealer was willing to go more than 2k below the MSRP. I am sure the price might be lower in Sept as the other manufacturers are rolling out their 2007 models. Supply might improve as well. I think it might have begun as the dealer that I bought from actually received more than 10 ES350s (3 of which is the color that I want). Other few dealers that I was in touch with expect deliveries within this few weeks as well.
  • vluuvluu Member Posts: 100
    I brought a ES 350 premium package w/ navigation (included parking assist option and full-spare tire) from Pohanka Lexus in Chantilly, VA for approx. $41,000. The internet sales man gave me $1400 off MSRP. This was a month ago, so you may be able to get a better deal now.

thanks for your information. I think this is the second person I know who got their ES350 from Pohanka. It's been around the $1200-$1500 off the MSRP. I'm hoping that if I wait until after September... prices will be around the $2000 off MSRP, if not... then I waited for nothing. Looking to buy the UL, but the way the demand and supply is... I may have to go with the PP w/ Nav. Can't afford to dish out for the UL. Was your service and experience good at Pohanka?
  • xeeebraxeeebra Member Posts: 5
    Sounds like a good deal to me. Do you mind sharing the name of the dealership? The best I have gotten so far in the Northern California is 2000 over invoice ($37,400) for a Premium plus with navigation, HID and power rear shades. They didn't have the colors I wanted. Is this a good price? Is this comparable to what you paid?
    Hi. Sure. I won't mind. The dealer is Crown Lexus. They are in Ontario. Actually your price is pretty good. Are those the only options/package that came with the vehicle? If they could throw in a few others such as the preferred accessory package, rear airbags and full spare tire, it would be better. I paid more than you as I have parking assist and lo-jack as well.
  • alien2alien2 Member Posts: 33
    I recently purchased my 350 from Lindsay. They did try to add for the full size but I showed them where it was already in the price (by the way it's a full size on the premium wheel). They thru in touch up paint, all weather mats (will use them in the winter months) and took $500 off the sticker. I don't think that's too bad considering it's a 2007 model that's been on the streets for less than two months. There were only two on the lot and it was the only one with the ultra package.
    They were going to charge me an extra $1595 for chrome wheels that this car came with. I politely declined. I am waiting for the inventory to build up a little bit more. Right now it seems low.
  • twiehofftwiehoff Member Posts: 2
    I just picked up the ES350 w/ Premium Plus and Navigation (Smokey Granite). MSRP - 41,094, got $2,500 off MSRP. I bought it at Lexus of Wayzata. I thought it was a fair deal considering there are only 2 Lexus dealerships in the area - under common ownership.

I had a great buying experience until I met with financing. Rate quoted was terrible and when I asked about leasing, their "Lexus Standard" money factor was .00305. After about 15 minutes of arguing and letting him know that he was crazy, I left, went to the bank and financed the car.

Last problem - when I got it in the sunlight in front of the dealership, there was a small chip on the door. The dealer promised to fix and make it "unnoticeable". Time will tell.

Thanks to everyone who actively posts to the board.
    I just picked up the ES350 w/ Premium Plus and Navigation (Smokey Granite). MSRP - 41,094, got $2,500 off MSRP. I bought it at Lexus of Wayzata. I thought it was a fair deal considering there are only 2 Lexus dealerships in the area - under common ownership.

Great deal..... that's exactly the deal I would be satisfied with. Right now, around my way (DC/MD/VA)... seems that $1500 is the average. I'm hoping discounts will be closer to your deal when I plan to purchase toward the end of the year. Hopefully supply of cars is up and demand is low? Crossing my fingers!
  • luckyturkluckyturk Member Posts: 3
    Just closed a deal on a ES350 w/premium package for $33k at Lexus in Pembroke Pines, FL. Beutiful car and a super dealership, willing to pay me fair money for my trade and no pressure sales. I think I got a good monthend deal. :)
    Wow.. Thats a great deal. What other options are installed on your vehicle?? You are paying close to invoice price if I am not mistaken. Congrats and ^5
  • vas2vas2 Member Posts: 5
    Got a good deal in Northern California on 30th..ES350 with Premium Plus, Nav, HID, Rear sunshade, airbags, wood..37100 +TTL...fantastic dealership with very friendly sales folks...would definitely recommend them.
    This is good deal. Would you mind mentioning which dealership you bought this car from? I am also shopping in Northern CA.
    What was the exterior and interior colors you have in your vehicle?

I want the same options but I couldn't find blue onyx exterior with cashmere leather.

I would like to know what dealership you worked with.

Thanks
  • mlroberts55mlroberts55 Member Posts: 5
    when you say 37,100 +TTL. what was your total walk out price for the car. did you lease or buy. also what was the breakdown of the car with options.
  • luckyturkluckyturk Member Posts: 3
    Thanks, I think I got a good deal. About 5% above invoice. Car came with Blue tooth, Wood steering wheel and rear side air bags and the Premium package. Love the car!
  • vas2vas2 Member Posts: 5
    40520 was the OTD price. Paid cash down for the car. if I worked using the edmunds options at invoice price this would work to $347 above invoice. Hope this helps.
    I picked up my ES 350 (White/Beige) on Friday night for $35,000 (MSRP $38,269)+ TTL with the following options:

Premium Package (PM)
    Heated and Ventilated Seats (HH)
    Blue Tooth (DC)
    HID Headlamps (HL)
    Wood and Leather Steering Wheel (WU)
    Preferred Accessory Package (Z1)
    Intuitive Park Assist (PA)
    Rear Side Impact Airbag (BE)
    All Weather Floor Mats (WF)

I think I got a pretty good month end deal. I bought the car from Lexus of Towson. Thanks to everyone who posts. This forum is very helpful.
    Did you shop at any other local dealers in Md? That's a great deal! Maybe one of the best in the DC/VA/MD area so far. Towson is about 1.5 from where I live, but if I could get a similiar deal like that ... might be worth the drive. Still debating over UL and Premium Plus w/ NAV. Did they have much selection? Any info would be helpful... thanks
    I started with the an internet inquiry to Towson whereby they immediately offered 1,200 off msrp. Then I went in and test drove the ES on the last Saturday of June. After the test drive they offered me the car I was looking for for 2,400 off MSRP, but they would have to get it from another dealer. On Monday, I e-mailed eight other dealers in MD, VA, PA and DE and nobody could touch the offer Towson made to me on Saturday. I returned to the dealership on the 29th (end of month :) ) and they said they had the car I wanted with a couple options that I didn't require(park assist and rear side air bags) coming in on the 30th and would give it to me for same price. I also negotiated the free all weather mats and for them to sell me XM radio at their cost without any markup when the module is in stock in a few weeks. By the way I also paid cash (no financing) so that may have helped. My recommendations for buying the ES are as follows:
    1) Know exactly what you want (i.e. options and colors).
    2) Wait until 5-7 days before the end of the month.
    3) E-mail a dealer through Lexus.com and inquire about scheduling a test drive. This will show the dealer you are not comitted to buy but that you are a serious potential buyer.
    4) Test drive the vehicle and then begin talking numbers, but stick to your budget.
    5) Let the dealer know you are serious about buying the ES, but that you are willing to go to other Lexus dealers or another manufacturer if you don't get the deal you need.
    6) Don't be afraid to walk away and wait for them to call or go back on the last day of the month when they are eager to do anything to meet their monthly sales quota.
  • elwoodmoragaelwoodmoraga Member Posts: 15
    Following up on another person who asked same question. Would you mind sharing which dealership?
    I started with the an internet inquiry to Towson whereby they immediately offered 1,200 off msrp. Then I went in and test drove the ES on the last Saturday of June. After the test drive they offered me the car I was looking for for 2,400 off MSRP, but they would have to get it from another dealer. On Monday, I e-mailed eight other dealers in MD, VA, PA and DE and nobody could touch the offer Towson made to me on Saturday. I returned to the dealership on the 29th (end of month ) and they said they had the car I wanted with a couple options that I didn't require(park assist and rear side air bags) coming in on the 30th and would give it to me for same price. I also negotiated the free all weather mats and for them to sell me XM radio at their cost without any markup when the module is in stock in a few weeks. By the way I also paid cash (no financing) so that may have helped. My recommendations for buying the ES are as follows:

Thanks for the advice. Like I said.... Towson is about 1.5 hours from where I live, but at approx 3K off... it would be worth the drive. Around where I live (Va), dealers are doing $1200-1500, but these are quotes over the internet/ email. I think when you are actually in "person", they want to close the deal so that's when you can actually get the deal you are looking for. I'm still months away from buying the car... but just trying to prepare "financially" for the cost. I'm planning to pay cash as well, so hopefully that works as an advantage.

I'm interested in Prem. Plus w/ Nav or UL. Did they have much in stock there. There website does not provide inventory. Do you think you got a better deal b/c you didn't get the NAV? I have heard dealers are willing to deal more on cars w/o NAV... since NAV are in higher demand.

Anyhow.... thanks a lot for the information. It's more encouraging to heard people get the deals they are after.
  • doctasdoctas Member Posts: 7
    I got an internet price for a MSRP 36,174 (premium pkg, bluetooth, leather/wood steering wheel, and rear side airbags) for 33,200. I went into the dealership and they said they were unwilling to go any lower on this price. I called another dealer and they said they may be able to do 32,900 plus tinted windows.

I don't know if I wait till the end of the month if I can push the price any further. From what I've been reading, this is a good price, but I'm in no hurry to get the car and if I can get a lower price that would be great.

The other problem is I like the blue onyx pearl and apparently it takes about a month to get this car.

Any advice? and does anybody have this color?

Thanks
    No, they did not have much in stock. They may have had one or two in stock, but there were a lot of people looking at them. I don't necessarily think I got a better deal because there was no nav. I think the biggest two reasons I paid what I paid was because it was the end of the month and they had the car I wanted coming in the next day and it was not sold yet.
    I pick up (in NY) my ES w/blue onyx pearl and tan cashmere leather interior next week. I also had the car configured with premium pkg (PM), bluetooth (DC), heated/vent seats (HH), adaptive front lights (HL), wood/leather steering wheel (WU), and pref accessory pkg (Z1). The msrp was 37,424 and sell was 35,700. The blue onyx pearl was the only ES left at the dealer and I really had no color preference.

You got a very good price it seems.
    By the way, I love the color.

forthill
    No, they did not have much in stock. They may have had one or two in stock, but there were a lot of people looking at them. I don't necessarily think I got a better deal because there was no nav. I think the biggest two reasons I paid what I paid was because it was the end of the month and they had the car I wanted coming in the next day and it was not sold yet.

I guess even if stock is limited.... it's all timing and if they have the car to sell. Thanks for the advise. When I do take the plunge.... I will share my info.
  • mongermonger Member Posts: 3
    I called Mission Viejo after reading the 2 postings on Edmunds. Let me tell you about my experience:
    1) I left many messages with their Internet Sales People and never got a call back
    2) Once I did get in contact with them they were rude when I told them about another offer that I got from another dealer. They wanted me to send in the offer to them because they thought I was lying.
    3) They do quote lower prices as mentioned butthey don't really have much inventory.

So I called another dealer in the OC and here was my experience:
    1) They were very helpful and kind and willing to work with me. The salesman was honest and nice.
    2) They gave me a good quoted price for a premium package car.
    3) They delivered the car to my house (which was 50 miles away). They sat with me at my house to go over every little question that I asked.

I would definitely go to Tustin in a heart beat after this positive experience. They have much more inventory and much more affiliated dealers. I would expect the treatment that I got from Mission Viejo if I was buying a Pinto.
  • jcinsfjcinsf Member Posts: 1
    To add to monger's post and to be helpful in light of this board's mission:

We (monger is my bro-in-law) paid $33,414 (OTD was $36,5xx) at Tustin in Southern California for premium package (MSRP $37,064) for m mom's car. I heard the salesperson was great, drove the car and delivered directly to her house and made the sale really easy.

I also recommend Glendale's Internet Department that was really friendly and helpful, but in this case could not beat the Tustin price. Glendale offered the car for $33,850. Because of the delivery, my mom went with the cheaper deal.

I don't know if this was the best deal out there, but it was the best we could do at this time.
  • 350350 Member Posts: 9
    Which dealers offered those prices?
  • rgriffrgriff Member Posts: 2
    I bought my wife an ES350 in May, one of the first in San Antonio Tx. There is only one dealer here and negotiations are "take it or leave it". I did manage to get $1000 off MSRP due to trying to special order an ES330 since October 05, but that's another long sales (nightmare) story.
  • bobbo55bobbo55 Member Posts: 25
    I too am looking for 2007 ES 350. I live in northwest Indiana. Today I received 2 answers on the cost of a new 2007 Es 350. I got price Quotes on the internet from 2 Lexus dealerships.Both were exactly the same $1500 under MSRP. Which isn't too bad at the begining. In the Chicagoland area there are approx. 10 Lexus dealers.I am hoping to get $2500 off so I have to do better.I have a 2005 Honda Ex V6 accord with low miles. Which I hope to sell to carmax. They will always give you a better deal than the dealerships.My Honda is wonderful but, I fell in Love with the 2007 ES 350 Lexus.Actually the accord isn't too bad compared to the Lexus.If the Lexus is a 10 the accord is an 8.75 or so.The Lexus is still much prettier. The accord is plain.Anyway I am in no hurry to get this Lexus.But, I will have it by late september.Shopping for the best deal is a lot of fun.Well, anyway if there is anyone in the Chicagoland area who got a good deal let us all know.Thank you, Bobbo55
  • elwoodmoragaelwoodmoraga Member Posts: 15
    I'm in the SF Bay Area. Have looked at several dealerships and can get 5% over invoice with no problem for either the Premium or Premium Plus package (the two that I'm considering).
    Has anyone come across a deal better than that? Thanks.
    elwoodmoraga